Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1089. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
@Claymore do sell your Miner so that there is no Fee?

No. All my miners are public, I don't sell private miners.

Claymore thanks for the awesome miner have been using it since i started mining ETH,
I have 3 R9 390X's & 1 R7 370 & 1 GTX 1070, i replaced my 280x toxic with the 1070, i used to be able to dual mine everything with no problem
but now after i clean installed windows 7, (which hasnt fully updated yet) when i dual mine my rig will start out with a stable hashrate and after a few minutes the hashrate
jumps all over the place( High then Low) i am using 15.12 amd drivers and 372.54 nvidia drivers for windows 7 of course everything is setup up like it was before
just a clean install of win7 and the added nvidia drivers for the 1070, and i have plenty of psu power 2600w so no problem there, no undervlots or overclocks
when i mine just eth i am having no issuse just when i dual mine, and my virtual memerory is set to 20gb, could this be a problem with the fact windows update is taking
forever to fully update, I am using 7.0  this also happens in version 7.2, any help would be great thanks in adavance
If something is murdering your cpu the hashrate varies a lot, or just goes to crap.  Windows 7 takes ages to update with no service packs Sad Try killing any cpu hogs and see if it improves.

it was the updates and yes it took like 3 days, but  finally updated and running smooth like before thanks for the response and the help
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

Claymore thanks for the awesome miner have been using it since i started mining ETH,
I have 3 R9 390X's & 1 R7 370 & 1 GTX 1070, i replaced my 280x toxic with the 1070, i used to be able to dual mine everything with no problem
but now after i clean installed windows 7, (which hasnt fully updated yet) when i dual mine my rig will start out with a stable hashrate and after a few minutes the hashrate
jumps all over the place( High then Low) i am using 15.12 amd drivers and 372.54 nvidia drivers for windows 7 of course everything is setup up like it was before
just a clean install of win7 and the added nvidia drivers for the 1070, and i have plenty of psu power 2600w so no problem there, no undervlots or overclocks
when i mine just eth i am having no issuse just when i dual mine, and my virtual memerory is set to 20gb, could this be a problem with the fact windows update is taking
forever to fully update, I am using 7.0  this also happens in version 7.2, any help would be great thanks in adavance
If something is murdering your cpu the hashrate varies a lot, or just goes to crap.  Windows 7 takes ages to update with no service packs Sad Try killing any cpu hogs and see if it improves.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Well, I have not tried adding it into the .bat file since I don't know enough about this to know whether that is a viable option or not. I guess I could try it but i really don't want to screw something up by just blindly attempting something.

I would assume that there is probably a way to enter this command directly in the into the command window that Claymore is running in (especially since that is what the + & - signs due to DCR intensity), but it's just a matter of finding someone who has actually done it to learn exactly how.

IMHO you should just ditch the command line. Just have your batch file do this:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.ex

Then put all your commands into config.txt. 

At least that's how I prefer to run the miner. You can use the remote tool to actually update configs on the fly for multiple rigs Smiley  Once you go config.txt you never go back Wink
i see claymore supports 32 GPUs.... is that altogether or per mining rig? I am deciding how i want to run my new rigs and if i can get away with putting 32 cards on one mobo im going to.. so any ideas on this one.
Per miner instance, so if you had a backplane with 300 pcie slots you could run 10 instances!!!!!!!!!

If you ran old version, you could still run 32 cards on one rig, with 4 instances.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

I could totally be wrong on this, but for some reason I have always assumed -ethi was a value between 1-10. Like I said though, I could totally be wrong.

Actually, -ethi accepts a range of values from 0 to 16, with default being 8.  There are others who have the value set at 10, 12, etc, which is what I am trying to accomplish.  So, still looking for the methodology to implement the "-ethi" command.

On a side note, the default intensity for DCR seems to be 30. At that setting, I was getting about 310 per GPU and increasing it to 32 resulted in about 331 per GPU... so about 3% increase per notch.  I don't expect the ETH impact to be that drastic per notch increased, but these GPU's should be getting at least 2-3 more Mh/s than their current 20.7 before any mods. So, hoping that increasing ETH intensity will do the trick.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Thank you! You learn something new every day I guess. I might have to play around with some of my cooler cards now....Woohoo

Back to your original question though.
"If there are two or more options in the command line, miner will take all options from the command line, not from configuration file."

So what happens if you specify -ethi 14 in your command to start claymore instead of the config file?
[/quote][/i]

Well, I have not tried adding it into the .bat file since I don't know enough about this to know whether that is a viable option or not. I guess I could try it but i really don't want to screw something up by just blindly attempting something.

I would assume that there is probably a way to enter this command directly in the into the command window that Claymore is running in (especially since that is what the + & - signs due to DCR intensity), but it's just a matter of finding someone who has actually done it to learn exactly how.

[/quote]

I can tell you (although I run the linux version) that it is a safe parameter to add directly in the command prompt. Basically the Claymore documentation says that when you specify 2 or more parameters via the command prompt it doesn't even look for a config file for additional parameters, or at least thats how I interpreted it. Testing on my cards/machines, I can tell you there is about a 4 MH/s difference between -ethi 0 and -ethi 10. Although due to heat I usually just run it at the stock value of 8.

Here is an example of what I run on one of my cards ---although as I said before, this is on ubuntu

./ethdcrminer64 -epool http://poolAddress -ewal walletAddress -epsw x -di 0 -ethi 10 -dpool siaPool -dwal siaWallet -dpsw x -dcoin sc -dbg 1 -gser 2 -r 1 -mport 0
Activity: 600
Merit: 261

I could totally be wrong on this, but for some reason I have always assumed -ethi was a value between 1-10. Like I said though, I could totally be wrong.
[/quote]

Actually, -ethi accepts a range of values from 0 to 16, with default being 8.  There are others who have the value set at 10, 12, etc, which is what I am trying to accomplish.  So, still looking for the methodology to implement the "-ethi" command.

On a side note, the default intensity for DCR seems to be 30. At that setting, I was getting about 310 per GPU and increasing it to 32 resulted in about 331 per GPU... so about 3% increase per notch.  I don't expect the ETH impact to be that drastic per notch increased, but these GPU's should be getting at least 2-3 more Mh/s than their current 20.7 before any mods. So, hoping that increasing ETH intensity will do the trick.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Thank you! You learn something new every day I guess. I might have to play around with some of my cooler cards now....Woohoo

"If there are two or more options in the command line, miner will take all options from the command line, not from configuration file."

So what happens if you specify -ethi 14 in your command to start claymore instead of the config file?
[/quote]

Activity: 4
i see claymore supports 32 GPUs.... is that altogether or per mining rig? I am deciding how i want to run my new rigs and if i can get away with putting 32 cards on one mobo im going to.. so any ideas on this one.
Hello everyone... I just starting using v7.2 on my first build, currently with 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs.  I was a bit intimidated in moving away from a GIU-based miner since I am a noob, but through a lot of help from this forum and youtube, was able to get it up and running successfully this weekend!

I am dual mining with DCR, but only getting about 20.7 Mh/s on ETH per GPU.  I know of people getting in the ~23.5 range on these GPUs with no mods, so I believe i need to adjust the ETH intensity with CDM.  I understand the command to do this is "-ethi xx", the "xx" being the intended intensity... set at 8 default, with a max possible value of 16.

Here's my issue:  since I am new to this, I can't figure out how to implement that -ethi command.  When I try to type it directly into the command line (cursor at the bottom of the command window where CDM is running), it instead only decreases DCR intensity (since it seems the "-" & "+" are short-cut keys to affect DCR only).  I also trying pasting "-ethi 12" into the command line cursor, but it didn't work... that actually shut down 2 of my 3 GPUs.

Through recommendation of another forum member, I added this command into my config.txt file as follows:

#-epool us1.ethpool.org:3333
#-ewal 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F
#-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal DsUt9QagrYLvSkJHXCvhfiZHKafVtzd7Sq4
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
-ethi 14

My understanding is that this file is checked when CDM is launched and all lines with "#" are ignored, so I did not type the "#" in front of the "ethi 14"

I then saved this file, and relaunched CDM but it had absolutely no impact, still mining at exact same rate for ETH.

I also added the 5 setx lines to the top of my .bat file, which now looks like this:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x1a132440ede1a4b3f4d56d64063ef4cab3f55abc -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal gerrox.jworker1 -dpsw x

So, my question is... how exactly can I use that "-ethi xx" command to increase ETH mining intensity?

Thanks!

Actually, -ethi accepts a range of values from 0 to 16, with default being 8.  There are others who have the value set at 10, 12, etc, which is what I am trying to accomplish.  So, still looking for the methodology to implement the "-ethi" command.

On a side note, the default intensity for DCR seems to be 30. At that setting, I was getting about 310 per GPU and increasing it to 32 resulted in about 331 per GPU... so about 3% increase per notch.  I don't expect the ETH impact to be that drastic per notch increased, but these GPU's should be getting at least 2-3 more Mh/s than their current 20.7 before any mods. So, hoping that increasing ETH intensity will do the trick.

Thanks!

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

hey Claymore, nice miner!
Maybe you can add to EthMan feature to reduce intensity for a particular gpu?

Already done, check Readme or OP for "-li" option.

ehhh... I'm not sure I understand.
I'd like to be able during runtime (no DAG regeneration) decrease/increase intensity on a particular card from Remote Manager.
but maybe you can explain how you treat config file(how often do you poll if you do, etc), I mean it looks kinda persistent but I'm not sure...

Also an unrelated question: are you aware of "gpu mem errors in hwinfo"(case of faster timings on rx4* + UV) and how/if it affects miner results?

EDIT: I'm also still using 7.0. And ohh god... the order of GPUs in -cclock and -dcri is different...
Hello everyone... I just starting using v7.2 on my first build, currently with 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs.  I was a bit intimidated in moving away from a GIU-based miner since I am a noob, but through a lot of help from this forum and youtube, was able to get it up and running successfully this weekend!

I am dual mining with DCR, but only getting about 20.7 Mh/s on ETH per GPU.  I know of people getting in the ~23.5 range on these GPUs with no mods, so I believe i need to adjust the ETH intensity with CDM.  I understand the command to do this is "-ethi xx", the "xx" being the intended intensity... set at 8 default, with a max possible value of 16.

Here's my issue:  since I am new to this, I can't figure out how to implement that -ethi command.  When I try to type it directly into the command line (cursor at the bottom of the command window where CDM is running), it instead only decreases DCR intensity (since it seems the "-" & "+" are short-cut keys to affect DCR only).  I also trying pasting "-ethi 12" into the command line cursor, but it didn't work... that actually shut down 2 of my 3 GPUs.

Through recommendation of another forum member, I added this command into my config.txt file as follows:

#-epsw x
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
-ethi 14

My understanding is that this file is checked when CDM is launched and all lines with "#" are ignored, so I did not type the "#" in front of the "ethi 14"

I then saved this file, and relaunched CDM but it had absolutely no impact, still mining at exact same rate for ETH.

I also added the 5 setx lines to the top of my .bat file, which now looks like this:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x1a132440ede1a4b3f4d56d64063ef4cab3f55abc -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal gerrox.jworker1 -dpsw x

So, my question is... how exactly can I use that "-ethi xx" command to increase ETH mining intensity?

Thanks!

Thanks!

What output do you see when you run "sudo aticonfig --lsa"? That should list all adapters that your driver is actually seeing.
sudo aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 07:00.0 Supported device 67B0

Thats interesting, so apparently your computer and the drivers both recognize the GPU, but claymore doesnt for whatever reason. I run the fglrx-updates drivers and have never had this issue. I might try re-initializing the card/driver by running "sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial" and then rebooting, otherwise, maybe try the fglrx-updates drivers instead. Although make sure to remove the old drivers first.

#-epsw x
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
-ethi 14

Thanks!

Hellow Claymore.
I have one problem. In the rig i have two HIS RX 470/ All works fine exept monitoring. Miner show only one(the first) gpu stats(temp. and fan).
Disable Crossfire

#-epsw x
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
-ethi 14

Thanks!

Activity: 729
Merit: 513
[quote author=PeaMine link=topic=14339

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 470 OC--

The Sapphire 4XX series cards have a big following.  BIOS mods are available for them, and the 470 8GB OC model looks like the best bang for the buck.  The cards have metal, heat-conducting shells, not plastic.  They are really well made.

There are reports of 29-31MH/s with a BIOS modded Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB cards when mining ETH.  The Saphire RX 480 8GB OC cards will do slightly better, but cost more, and consume more power.       --scryptr

@29mhs rx 480 consume more power than rx 470?
I can have 480 very cheap.. only few % more than 470 but if rx 4
70 consume less power I'd prefer to buy rx 470..

And anyone  here can help me with my friends Ati radeon hd 5xxx Cypress series (2gb RAM)?

What do you want to know about the Cypress series? I have a HD 5970 (2Gb ram, 1Gb / GPU), but can't mine ETH, only if you have the 4Gb version or the card (2Gb / GPU)...
Activity: 73
Hellow Claymore.
I have one problem. In the rig i have two HIS RX 470/ All works fine exept monitoring. Miner show only one(the first) gpu stats(temp. and fan).
Activity: 48

What output do you see when you run "sudo aticonfig --lsa"? That should list all adapters that your driver is actually seeing.
sudo aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 07:00.0 Supported device 67B0
any ideas ?
▒        Claymore's Dual ETH GPU Miner v7.2         ▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ͼ

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eu1.ethpool.org:3333
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:809 kmod_module_insert_module() could not find module by name='fglrx'
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'fglrx': Function not implemented
Error! Fail to load fglrx kernel module! Maybe you can switch to root user to load kernel module directly
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:809 kmod_module_insert_module() could not find module by name='fglrx'
Error! Fail to load fglrx kernel module! Maybe you can switch to root user to load kernel module directly
No AMD cards in the list.
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
No AMD OPENCL or NVIDIA CUDA GPUs found, exit
root@ubuntu:/home/lotus33/eth-c# dpkg --get-selections | grep fgl
fglrx                                                install
fglrx-amdcccle                                  install
fglrx-core                                         install

root@ubuntu:/home/lotus33/eth-c# dpkg -l | grep -i fglrx
ii  fglrx                                                  2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii  fglrx-amdcccle                                    2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Catalyst Control Center for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii  fglrx-core                                           2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Minimal video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators

lspci | grep -i VGA
07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii XT [Radeon R9 290X]

Activity: 48
any ideas ?
▒        Claymore's Dual ETH GPU Miner v7.2         ▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ͼ

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eu1.ethpool.org:3333
No AMD cards in the list.
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
No AMD OPENCL or NVIDIA CUDA GPUs found, exit
root@ubuntu:/home/lotus33/eth-c# dpkg --get-selections | grep fgl
fglrx                                                install
fglrx-amdcccle                                  install
fglrx-core                                         install

root@ubuntu:/home/lotus33/eth-c# dpkg -l | grep -i fglrx
ii  fglrx                                                  2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii  fglrx-amdcccle                                    2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Catalyst Control Center for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii  fglrx-core                                           2:15.302-0ubuntu1                       amd64        Minimal video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators

lspci | grep -i VGA
07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii XT [Radeon R9 290X]
Jump to: