Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1091. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Hello all!  So, I just got Claymore 7.2 up and running on my first mining rig. I am dual mining ETH & DCR.  I am not quite getting the hash rate i was hoping for on ETH, so wanted to reach out for some expert advice here.  This is my setup:

- Windows 7 Pro x64
- ASRock x99 Extreme4 Mobo
- i7-6800k CPU (I know it's not needed for most mining but it was free so I used it;)
- 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs  (1 on Mobo and 2 connected via powered USB risers/connectors)
- AMD driver v16.30
- ETH Pool:  ethermine.org

I was running this on Minergate the last ~2 weeks and was getting about 19.4 Mh/s per card on ETH.

Since starting to run Claymore about 2 hours ago, each GPU is getting 20.7, so just over 62 for all 3.  While I am still very new at this, I was hoping/expecting to get 23-24 per card before messing with anything like modding bios, rom, overclocking, etc.

So, my question is, what settings can I work with within Claymore to try to increase this speed?  I do understand that mining DCR simultaneously may have a  very slight impact on ETH hash-rate but I doubt it's accounting for the 3-4 gap that I am seeing. Note that I have not tweaked any settings in Claymore, aside of course from replacing the default info in the .bat file with my personal info.

Any suggestions would be welcomed... but please keep in mind that I am completely new to this type of "programming", so no level of dumbing down can be too much for me  Wink

You most mod the bios if you want high hash rates.. lots of good info here:
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8845/rx-470-mining/p1
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hello all!  So, I just got Claymore 7.2 up and running on my first mining rig. I am dual mining ETH & DCR.  I am not quite getting the hash rate i was hoping for on ETH, so wanted to reach out for some expert advice here.  This is my setup:

- Windows 7 Pro x64
- ASRock x99 Extreme4 Mobo
- i7-6800k CPU (I know it's not needed for most mining but it was free so I used it;)
- 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs  (1 on Mobo and 2 connected via powered USB risers/connectors)
- AMD driver v16.30
- ETH Pool:  ethermine.org

I was running this on Minergate the last ~2 weeks and was getting about 19.4 Mh/s per card on ETH.

Since starting to run Claymore about 2 hours ago, each GPU is getting 20.7, so just over 62 for all 3.  While I am still very new at this, I was hoping/expecting to get 23-24 per card before messing with anything like modding bios, rom, overclocking, etc.

So, my question is, what settings can I work with within Claymore to try to increase this speed?  I do understand that mining DCR simultaneously may have a  very slight impact on ETH hash-rate but I doubt it's accounting for the 3-4 gap that I am seeing. Note that I have not tweaked any settings in Claymore, aside of course from replacing the default info in the .bat file with my personal info.

Any suggestions would be welcomed... but please keep in mind that I am completely new to this type of "programming", so no level of dumbing down can be too much for me  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
What systems support up to 32 gpus? o_0
My  Tongue Cheesy

Send some pix on your rig nippy.

I saw an FB's Big Sur 16xGPU rig the other day and I could just imagine the beast crunching Ethash for lunch, while not doing deep learning stuff.

Does the single PCI root thingy work well on Linux on the board?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
 May anyone help me and tell me how can I fix this error:

Code:
21:47:07:035   8ec   GPU 1, OpenCL error -38 - cannot write buffer for DAG
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Look at this 480 review for the XFX RX480 GTR 8GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg

Removable fans and replaceable fans!

Amazingly low temperatures 60C at stock and 64C overclocked to 1475mhz!

Overclocked to 1475mhz - uses 30watts less than other 480s!

And, it is using a custom PCB using the same VRMs from the Fury X series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWs_7vRWkA

And, as Bill Zoid says - it his favourite 480 PCB and VRMs are ridiculous overkill Smiley

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
What systems support up to 32 gpus? o_0
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
anyone experience a problem with motherboard slot bandwidth limiting card performance? I know mining shouldnt be affected by lane bandwidth, i think ? Gigabyte g board 1150, card is a msi 470 with polaris edit bios 1375 strap in 1625, 1750, and 2000. Card is in the last x1 slot on the board. With eth intensity 8 the card shows a lower hashrate than the other 3 that have the same strap, but with ethi 16 it is on par with the other ones. The others mine fine. I changed the strap for the weak card to 1500 just to see if it will be stable, it was stable with stock and small overclock using 1375 strap though. Will change it with a 16 slot to see it will be stable. Changed the riser as well, but still didn't help. Either way wte, but if it is stable in a 16 slot with 1375 strap that would be interesting. OS is windows 10.

edit, seems that the problem card is now stable with 1500 strap, but I still think there is problem with lanes, 27 mh, sia dcri 22. 1100/1900. Other cards with 1375 strap are getting 28+ mh, 1100/1900. GPU z showing 90 watts from gpu on all.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
What is the command line to run the miner to GF1070 ? Please bat file?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Guys, I'm using AMD 16.9.1 driver and my rigs are super stable.

Not planning to update but I was wondering if someone has any experience with the latest driver?

Maybe some speed improvement...  Tongue
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
Running v7.2 on ubuntu 16.04 and i'm faceing more and more of opencl hang errors:

Code:
WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit

This doesn't seem to be card or riser related because its randomly.
Doe anyone experience the same or has an idea ?

Thanks

what the most stable CDM version on Linux build, for AMD cards only?

don't know.
Have also lots of 390 Rigs with CDM 7.2 running fine. So maybe RX driver related ? Cause R9 cards useing crimson driver.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Running v7.2 on ubuntu 16.04 and i'm faceing more and more of opencl hang errors:

Code:

Thanks

what the most stable CDM version on Linux build, for AMD cards only?
Activity: 82
Merit: 11

Code:

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
@Claymore do sell your Miner so that there is no Fee?

No. All my miners are public, I don't sell private miners.

Are you taking part in the Zcash (ZEC) public open source mining software contest - ends 27th October?

£10,000 prize for GPU miner
£10,000 prize for CPU miner

And, £10,000 in prizes going to the runners up?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

No. All my miners are public, I don't sell private miners.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
It works with Wallet address and without, but after 6 tries at 20 sec. How i can reduce time between checking or number of tries ?

At least it works, thank you for help.

I need to see log file

So please add flag for choosing time between tries or number tries.

192.168.X.X is private anyway. No need to hide that range from us. LOL.

It is not publicly accessible ip. Only internal.

LOL
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
I use the parity but i don't like it much. It has problem sometimes when DDOS too.
This is Msi afterburner icons of GPU temps. I want total hashrate icon from ethman  Smiley

Tray is noot good place for numbers 100 and higher. Only two digits are good there. So may be set target total hashrate in EthMan and show % of target hashrate in tray.

Ok, i see. It would be nice.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I use the parity but i don't like it much. It has problem sometimes when DDOS too.
This is Msi afterburner icons of GPU temps. I want total hashrate icon from ethman  Smiley

Tray is noot good place for numbers 100 and higher. Only two digits are good there. So may be set target total hashrate in EthMan and show % of target hashrate in tray.
Jump to: