Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1090. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hi, all. Looking for information about following questions.

1. I am sometimes switch my mining rig(2x7950) to Diamond coin which uses groestl algo. Using 14.6 AMD Catalyst driver gives almost 80% more hashrate for groestl algo, but Claymore requires 15.12 at least. Claymore won't load at 14.6, just checked it. Is it possible somehow to switch between 14.6 and 15.12 AMD Catalyst drivers fast ?
2. I've heard Claymore supports mining Eth forks along with SIA coin. Is it more profitable than ETH + DCR ? What is exact amount of profit i can get with 2x7950 when adding SIA dual mode mining ?

Thanks all  Smiley

1. If You use sgminer for Diamond mining, find amd_opencl32.dll, amd_opencl64.dll, amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from unpacked Catalyst 14.6 folders and copy them to the sgminer folder.
2. Use https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc and take into account miner fees 2%, pool fees and increased power for dual mining to calculate profitability.

Thx! For 1st answer. I've found and copied them. Now i can reinstall 15.12 and still get boost on mining Diamond coin via sgminer like under 14.6 drivers?  Do i need to point sgminer onto this files and specify any options ?
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
YFI:

Version 7.2 submits now correct Stratum connection based on StratumProxy - Protocol
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

1. I am sometimes switch my mining rig(2x7950) to Diamond coin which uses groestl algo. Using 14.6 AMD Catalyst driver gives almost 80% more hashrate for groestl algo, but Claymore requires 15.12 at least. Claymore won't load at 14.6, just checked it. Is it possible somehow to switch between 14.6 and 15.12 AMD Catalyst drivers fast ?
2. I've heard Claymore supports mining Eth forks along with SIA coin. Is it more profitable than ETH + DCR ? What is exact amount of profit i can get with 2x7950 when adding SIA dual mode mining ?

Thanks all  Smiley

1. If You use sgminer for Diamond mining, find amd_opencl32.dll, amd_opencl64.dll, amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from unpacked Catalyst 14.6 folders and copy them to the sgminer folder.
2. Use https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc and take into account miner fees 2%, pool fees and increased power for dual mining to calculate profitability.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
[quote author=PeaMine link=topic=14339

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 470 OC--

The Sapphire 4XX series cards have a big following.  BIOS mods are available for them, and the 470 8GB OC model looks like the best bang for the buck.  The cards have metal, heat-conducting shells, not plastic.  They are really well made.

There are reports of 29-31MH/s with a BIOS modded Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB cards when mining ETH.  The Saphire RX 480 8GB OC cards will do slightly better, but cost more, and consume more power.       --scryptr

@29mhs rx 480 consume more power than rx 470?
I can have 480 very cheap.. only few % more than 470 but if rx 4
70 consume less power I'd prefer to buy rx 470..

And anyone  here can help me with my friends Ati radeon hd 5xxx Cypress series (2gb RAM)?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
For the RX 480, what's the best brand/model for Claymore dual mining?
Heat is an issue, and electric is 7 cents KWH, so undervolting stable is a nice plus.

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 470 OC--

The Sapphire 4XX series cards have a big following.  BIOS mods are available for them, and the 470 8GB OC model looks like the best bang for the buck.  The cards have metal, heat-conducting shells, not plastic.  They are really well made.

There are reports of 29-31MH/s with a BIOS modded Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB cards when mining ETH.  The Saphire RX 480 8GB OC cards will do slightly better, but cost more, and consume more power.       --scryptr
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
For the RX 480, what's the best brand/model for Claymore dual mining?
Heat is an issue, and electric is 7 cents KWH, so undervolting stable is a nice plus.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I have 3 R9 390X's & 1 R7 370 & 1 GTX 1070, i replaced my 280x toxic with the 1070, i used to be able to dual mine everything with no problem
but now after i clean installed windows 7, (which hasnt fully updated yet) when i dual mine my rig will start out with a stable hashrate and after a few minutes the hashrate
jumps all over the place i am using 15.12 amd drivers and 372.54 nvidia drivers for windows 7 of course everything is setup up like it was before
just a clean install of win7 and the added nvidia drivers for the 1070, and i have plenty of psu power 2600w so no problem there, no undervlots or overclocks
when i mine just eth i am having no issuse just when i dual mine, and my virtual memerory is set to 20gb, could this be a problem with the fact windows update is taking
forever to fully update,  this also happens in version 7.0 and 7.2, any help would be great thanks in adavance
Activity: 19

Thanks all  Smiley
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Thanks , I see this miner is not supporting this EXP coin! I will see if i can find a suitable one for it , according to whattomine ETH is still more profitable than EXP , but they are close.
My mistake it supports it , man i get 26mh for a card on this coin , but watts gets 1250w Why is this hungry electricity?

Yes it supports exp , just put -allcoins 1 -allpools 1
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Thanks , I see this miner is not supporting this EXP coin! I will see if i can find a suitable one for it , according to whattomine ETH is still more profitable than EXP , but they are close.
My mistake it supports it , man i get 26mh for a card on this coin , but watts gets 1250w Why is this hungry electricity?
legendary
Hi i am new in amd mining , i got 6 x 280x and using this miner , but i get only 16mh on Eth on 1030/1500mhz with 1070watt at the wall! Is there a way to improve performance i saw people were getting 20-22 mh from one such card?

HIGHER HASHRATE WITH A 280X--

The 280X cards now mine Ethereum (ETH) in the 15MH/s to 18MH/s range, depending on the miner used and the clock speeds.  Like it was said above, you can get a higher hashrate mining a coin like Expanse (EXP), because the coin is still on Epoch 13, has a smaller DAG file, and a lower network hash rate and difficulty.  Ethereum is on Epoch 79 (the last time I looked), and will continue to hash more slowly until it becomes impossible to mine with any GPU.

At that point, many miners may pick up on clones of the Ethereum project, like EXP.  It will still be mineable with 2GB cards for some time.  If you have older, less powerful cards on the shelf, you could try mining EXP with them.       --scryptr
Is it possible to mine using Claymore on HD 5xxx series "Cypress" card?
Genoil gives about 4mhs, and Claymore has -38 error reported...

Hi i am new in amd mining , i got 6 x 280x and using this miner , but i get only 16mh on Eth on 1030/1500mhz with 1070watt at the wall! Is there a way to improve performance i saw people were getting 20-22 mh from one such card?

People were,  because in the past DAG size was smaller, now you can get higher hashrate on another coins like Expanse..
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
is it possible to mine both ETH and EXP at the same time? if im using a pool for ETH and my local node for EXP?

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE--

It is not possible to mine ETH and EXP at the same time with a single card, or with a rig of cards running on the same mining software instance.  The DAG files for ETH and EXP are different sizes and composition.

It may be possible to mine ETH and EXP with two different cards, and each card running on a different instance of the mining software.  That is, you would launch the miner twice, each instance configured for a specific card.

It is definitely not possible to dual-mine ETH and EXP with Claymore's miner.  The secondary coin must be Decred, SiaCoin, or Library Credits.  The Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm is memory intensive, the secondary coins are compute intensive.  Basically, you can't dual mine two memory intensive algorithms at the same time with any current mining software.       --scryptr

thank you so much for your clear explanation Smiley
legendary
is it possible to mine both ETH and EXP at the same time? if im using a pool for ETH and my local node for EXP?

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE--

It is not possible to mine ETH and EXP at the same time with a single card, or with a rig of cards running on the same mining software instance.  The DAG files for ETH and EXP are different sizes and composition.

It may be possible to mine ETH and EXP with two different cards, and each card running on a different instance of the mining software.  That is, you would launch the miner twice, each instance configured for a specific card.

It is definitely not possible to dual-mine ETH and EXP with Claymore's miner.  The secondary coin must be Decred, SiaCoin, or Library Credits.  The Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm is memory intensive, the secondary coins are compute intensive.  Basically, you can't dual mine two memory intensive algorithms at the same time with any current mining software.       --scryptr
Activity: 36
I had some strange 20% hashrate increasing today. It was after electricity back on. The Farm5 and Farm6 are the same, but Farm5 had more hash and shares then Farm6. It lasted about one hour till I decided to reboot the miner after the miner had been rebooted hashrate come back in "normal" Sad
http://www.image-share.com/upload/3339/115.jpg
Here is the log:
https://mega.nz/#!Y4JCnAqQ
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Hello all!  So, I just got Claymore 7.2 up and running on my first mining rig. I am dual mining ETH & DCR.  I am not quite getting the hash rate i was hoping for on ETH, so wanted to reach out for some expert advice here.  This is my setup:

- Windows 7 Pro x64
- ASRock x99 Extreme4 Mobo
- i7-6800k CPU (I know it's not needed for most mining but it was free so I used it;)
- 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs  (1 on Mobo and 2 connected via powered USB risers/connectors)
- AMD driver v16.30
- ETH Pool:  ethermine.org

I was running this on Minergate the last ~2 weeks and was getting about 19.4 Mh/s per card on ETH.

Since starting to run Claymore about 2 hours ago, each GPU is getting 20.7, so just over 62 for all 3.  While I am still very new at this, I was hoping/expecting to get 23-24 per card before messing with anything like modding bios, rom, overclocking, etc.

So, my question is, what settings can I work with within Claymore to try to increase this speed?  I do understand that mining DCR simultaneously may have a  very slight impact on ETH hash-rate but I doubt it's accounting for the 3-4 gap that I am seeing. Note that I have not tweaked any settings in Claymore, aside of course from replacing the default info in the .bat file with my personal info.

Any suggestions would be welcomed... but please keep in mind that I am completely new to this type of "programming", so no level of dumbing down can be too much for me  Wink

The MSI 4GB card has 6.7GHz memory.  I use the Sapphire 4GB cards, 7 GHz memory, it does 22MH, so yours theoretically should do 21MH, you aren't far off.  The 8GB cards have 8GHz memory, and do ~24.3MH.  Basically, its all about memory speed.  Some cards have 6.6GHz memory, ugh.  When getting cards, check memory specification.

Dual mining DCR or SIA has 0 impact on eth at default -dcri, LBRY slows it down 1-2MH default.  You can press + and - to adjust on the fly for testing.
My friend has saphire rx 470 and he gets 29mhs.
I personally noticed that dual mining SIA on 480 decrease Eth hashrate on oc cards about 0.5mhs
Activity: 29
Does setting ethi while dual mining change anything with dcri? For example:

Dual mining with default -ethi 8 and -dcri 30

VS

Dual mining with -ethi 16 and -dcri 30

Also is there an equivalent of what -ethi 8 and -ethi 16 is equal to in terms of global work size?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Hello all!  So, I just got Claymore 7.2 up and running on my first mining rig. I am dual mining ETH & DCR.  I am not quite getting the hash rate i was hoping for on ETH, so wanted to reach out for some expert advice here.  This is my setup:

- Windows 7 Pro x64
- ASRock x99 Extreme4 Mobo
- i7-6800k CPU (I know it's not needed for most mining but it was free so I used it;)
- 3 MSI RX 470 4GB GPUs  (1 on Mobo and 2 connected via powered USB risers/connectors)
- AMD driver v16.30
- ETH Pool:  ethermine.org

I was running this on Minergate the last ~2 weeks and was getting about 19.4 Mh/s per card on ETH.

Since starting to run Claymore about 2 hours ago, each GPU is getting 20.7, so just over 62 for all 3.  While I am still very new at this, I was hoping/expecting to get 23-24 per card before messing with anything like modding bios, rom, overclocking, etc.

So, my question is, what settings can I work with within Claymore to try to increase this speed?  I do understand that mining DCR simultaneously may have a  very slight impact on ETH hash-rate but I doubt it's accounting for the 3-4 gap that I am seeing. Note that I have not tweaked any settings in Claymore, aside of course from replacing the default info in the .bat file with my personal info.

Any suggestions would be welcomed... but please keep in mind that I am completely new to this type of "programming", so no level of dumbing down can be too much for me  Wink

The MSI 4GB card has 6.7GHz memory.  I use the Sapphire 4GB cards, 7 GHz memory, it does 22MH, so yours theoretically should do 21MH, you aren't far off.  The 8GB cards have 8GHz memory, and do ~24.3MH.  Basically, its all about memory speed.  Some cards have 6.6GHz memory, ugh.  When getting cards, check memory specification.

Dual mining DCR or SIA has 0 impact on eth at default -dcri, LBRY slows it down 1-2MH default.  You can press + and - to adjust on the fly for testing.
Jump to: