Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 120. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Good evening Claymore Dev team,

Re Claymore version 14.6, why is it that the rxboost and strap will only work with SMOS (simple mining OS), and not for PiMP OS, or other Linux OS’s? Is their a tie up between Claymore and SMOS?
Kind regards,
Louis
No there isnt.
It also works in hiveOS as they added it to their latest upgrade on the 26th.
It is a linux ~ ubuntu distro operating system.

You guys do know that all that these OSes are doing is running the amdmemtweak command for "rxboost"....not sure why claymore is not including this simple code in his binary, but im assuming it has something to do with all these mining OSes trying to get new users that dont know better to pay for their OS that you can do everything in it by yourself.

Just go download eliovp's amdmemtweak, compile it and run this command

Code:
sudo ./amdmemtweak --REF 30

congrats you just got "rxboost"  Roll Eyes
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Claymore has stated earlier in this thread that the driver only supports one instance at a time. Why do you need to run several instances?
Because several cards mining on one wallet and others mining on another wallet. I need that.
Activity: 140
I was testing the new version 14.6 on gtx 1070 with -strap 1,
My problem is that even after 1 hour I cannot see the worker on pool,
I replaced the wallet address of mine but nothing, miner is continuing to mine but not seen on pool,
Tried with other rig without strap, same problem, nothing on pool, if i just open phoenix miner, i can see it after 15 min...
Any help?
Activity: 1
I have asus rx 570 4 gb and when i try to put any value for -strap then it gives me instant blue screen when applied, when there is no strap no problem at all. Any help?
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello there!

So, and where is Max share diff found in stats ( pressed "s" key) in latest versions ?

12.6 shows that.

Activity: 3
i have a mixed rig with rx570 and gtx1070 in it strap 1 gives 1070 2.5mh; rxboost 1 gives  rxs 0.5 mh if i run them in 1 copy of claymore rxs dont get this 0.5mh from rxboost if i run 2 copies of claymore 1 copy cant use straps due to driver is already in use.

I have one mixed RX580 & GTX 1070 RIG - In the start.bat I use:  "-strap 1 -sintensity 20 -rxboost 1"

Not sure if you have your string setup like this or not; but I gained 50 Mh/s across the Rig overall.

Hope this helps

Peace,
WX2
Activity: 59
Hi.
Only a question, i spent last days to update my farm with good result.

With old version i start the miner, and then hwinfo for monitoring hw error and works fine.

Close the miner change clock restart all is ok.

With the last version if try to change memory, core clock, voltage or other settings i need to restart my rig
to be apply.

If try to run claymore at the same time with hwinfo, hashrate drop or crash.

Oc and voltage settings apllied or with command line or with overdriventool with the same result.

Other users with this issue?

My specs:
Win 10 build version 1803
6 G RAM
1 RX 570 Gaming X 4G. ( got 6. But I’m not mining now. Just testing for fun)
Original BIOS.
Claymore 14.6
Blockchain driver.

I advise you to undervolt with claymore. I can go as low as 785. Going Any lower crashes win.
Don’t use afterburner and any other drivers but the blockchain.
I tested AMD 19.5 and afterburner. I could go below -170 but if I restarted claymore, win crashed right away. I ddu’ed the driver, and installed blockchain.
Hwinfo shows my chip power utilization is 63w. Ta da.

No more crashes; low power usage, a high hashrate. It used to be 29.x. Now 30.x.

Hope this helps.

Memory is 2020. No errors.
Core is 1120.

Activity: 149
Merit: 11
Hi.
Only a question, i spent last days to update my farm with good result.

With old version i start the miner, and then hwinfo for monitoring hw error and works fine.

Close the miner change clock restart all is ok.

With the last version if try to change memory, core clock, voltage or other settings i need to restart my rig
to be apply.

If try to run claymore at the same time with hwinfo, hashrate drop or crash.

Oc and voltage settings apllied or with command line or with overdriventool with the same result.

Other users with this issue?
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
I don't think that nvidias, at least 10 series with gddr5 like the strap changes, as there is no way to see memory errors.
I stupidly did not backup my pre-strap OC, but now even my most stable, with straps, rig crashed after 122 hours 36 minutes.
I wonder if maybe older drivers or windows7 are less prone to memory crashes as someone mentioned here or if is it just bullshit.

Interesting. So while strap changes are possible nvidia 10 series they don't really suit? I'm not exactly familiar with how the strap impacts the memory timings and overall rig.

I'll keep experimenting as a few people have found a sweet spot. If I get any success I'll post results here.
Activity: 12
Merit: 2
ASUS P106-100 with Samsung memory, use -strap 5 to get 27 MH/S     (MSI AfterBurner settings: Power Limit 70%, core 0, Memory 650)

PALIT GTX 1080 with Micron memory, use -strap 2 to get  41.2 MH/S     (MSI AfterBurner settings: Power Limit 60%, core -200, Memory 1000)

This settings for this models works fine and stable with v14.5 version

Activity: 16
I don't think that nvidias, at least 10 series with gddr5 like the strap changes, as there is no way to see memory errors.
I stupidly did not backup my pre-strap OC, but now even my most stable, with straps, rig crashed after 122 hours 36 minutes.
I wonder if maybe older drivers or windows7 are less prone to memory crashes as someone mentioned here or if is it just bullshit.

+
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
I'm having the same issues a few other people are having with the straps on Nvidia 1060's and 1070's.

I have tried various straps at different sintensity (all the way down to 1), split between different cards, and keep getting the same outcome. The rig starts off strong, but then the hashrate starts fluctuating wildly, with some cards dropping may 10 percent of their hashrate, and sometimes they even drop to just a couple hashes in total.

After a while of this, the rig crashes and I have to restart.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Six cards mainly 1060s, over 30gb virtual memory, and i'm pretty sure 8 gigs of ram, on windows (not sure if those make a difference). Also have the latest drivers (and did the '-driver install' part of setting up the miner).

I feel like I'm close to getting it to work, but just can't figure out what's causing this issue!
Activity: 9
Many thanks indeed Er0l Smiley
Activity: 16
I try 14.6 on 5 nwidia rigs,  i get 2mhs per cards but not stabil, hash going 0-26mhs, some rigs block,  from wall show one sec 300w other sec 600w power use, i set power limit 60 and mem clock 300, still i have problem, drop hash rate.
Activity: 36
Thank you Er0l - re -ref value in amdmemorytweak, for rx570/580 cards want would I set the default value to be?
Best, Louis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJsU07Lgvc
Thank you Er0l - re -ref value in amdmemorytweak, for rx570/580 cards want would I set the default value to be?
Best, Louis
Thank you Rdbase, re works on Hivos too.
That’s what au thought but was told something different for another Linux mining software.
Given this, in Ubuntu how do you get the strap and rxboost to work, as currently on mine it says rxboost and strap not supported on Linux. I have the lasted Claymore Dual version 14.6 installed?!

Many thanks,
Louis
Activity: 36
Good evening Claymore Dev team,

Re Claymore version 14.6, why is it that the rxboost and strap will only work with SMOS (simple mining OS), and not for PiMP OS, or other Linux OS’s? Is their a tie up between Claymore and SMOS?
Kind regards,
Louis
No there isnt.
It also works in hiveOS as they added it to their latest upgrade on the 26th.
It is a linux ~ ubuntu distro operating system.

Upload amdmemtweak and use -- ref option its the same.
Activity: 45
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal X -eworker X -epsw x -esm 0 -dcri 9 -strap 1,2,2,3 -rxboost 1 -allcoins etc -allpools 1 -estale 0 -ethi 6 -mode 1 -fanmin 50 -fanmax 57 -tt 60 -ttli 70 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 900 -cclock 1150 -mclock 2000,2000,2000,2000 -etha 0 -r 0 -retrydelay 10 -dbg -1
pause

2 x Radeon™ RX 470 G1 Gaming 4G - 30 mh Hynix
1 x Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 8G OC - 30 mh Samsung
1 x Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 OC 4 GB - 30 mh Elpida

ALL 121Mh   computemode on, Without MSI Afterburner

Bios is not flashed, as from the factory.
Driver - win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.5.2-may22

You also need to set separate mem clocks. Depend on strap.. Hynix4gb around 2020, Samsung8gb 2000-2200, and elpida 1980-2100.
I know what values to put, for me the main thing is stability.
Jump to: