Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1274. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
For stress free mining 24/7, do the following:

1. Install Windows 7 x64
2. Disable windows defender and windows update
3. Install 15.12 drivers
4. Run 6x GPU mod if needed from https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU_mod.html
5. Install free Comodo Anti-Virus (Optional)
6. Disable all automatic power options for sleep/hibernate for a certain amount of time. (To make sure computer stays on 24/7)
7. Increase pagefile to 16gb.
8. Run Claymore Dual Mining and configure to your options.
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

That's basically it, unless you use your computer for other things besides mining, but if it's just for mining only, no need for all the other junk to be on there.

Above looks best solution to me....  cheers

I did something similar to this, without any Comodo AV, and my rigs work flawlessly.

But I guess we'll have to change something in our setups if we want to use the new R9 480 GPU, right?

I mean, will this new GPU work under the 15.12 drivers? I'm assuming we'll have to install the latest AMD drivers in order to take advantage of the new Polaris stuff.

I'm planning on buying some as soon as they are available but I wonder how long will it take for our miners to be fully optimized for the new architecture.

@Claymore: How will your miner perform with this new GPU? Any comments on this?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

1. Install Windows 7 x64
3. Install 15.12 drivers
6. Disable all automatic power options for sleep/hibernate for a certain amount of time. (To make sure computer stays on 24/7)
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

That's basically it, unless you use your computer for other things besides mining, but if it's just for mining only, no need for all the other junk to be on there.

Above looks best solution to me....  cheers
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Confirmed, today after reboot Windows 10 closed v4.5 (on one rig it even removed .exe). I disabled "Windows Update" service in past, but it didn't help, Windows downloaded some update anyway. Damn, how to stop it? It seems I can disable all services and it still downloads all that it wants.

just move to Linux :-)

See my edited questions above.  Would love to see how everyone's experience is with Linux.  Trying to find best stability if I'm going to scale more than 100+ GPUs.  

Or disable the garbage windows defender and windows update =).

1. Install Windows 7 x64
3. Install 15.12 drivers
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

You da man.  I disabled Windows Update but Defender caught me off guard as many today.  The 6GPU trick was what I wanted Linux for but since you reference another method, that is just pure awesomeness!  Now I will just stick with Windows for now.  Currently I'm only mining Eth, is it even worth mining Decred at the expense of hottest GPU and more power consumed?  

@adamvp - There's no need to waste money on more than 4GB of RAM.  My rig performed the same with 4, 8 or 16GB of RAM for 5x R9 390 cards.  So I just split my RAM for 4 rigs instead.

Edit - Actually I just read the 6GPU trick.  That's not my issue.  My issue is that Windows won't boot or be able to see the screen with the 6GPU in.  I've been told to make 6GPU to work will required a headless option and Linux.  Anyone got it to work with Windows 10 with the ASR H81 BTC pro board?

http://imgur.com/o4LyhAH

I have that exact board running 6 gpu in win 10. Did you manage to get this to work.. I use powered risers and power to the two molex on the mobo.  Then my monitor is connected to the 1st full 16x slot card.  I did however once i got it setup hook a headless to it so that it would boot w/o monitor but that was only after i spent a few days tweaking it..

Best Regards
d57heinz.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Sorry if you have already discussed, someone has a step by step guide to install claymore in ubuntu?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Claymore, could you please add an option to show Hashrate for individual cards in monitoring please? It helps to spot a problem tremendously!

Already done, set checkbox on "Options" tab.
Great, did not notice it before!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
When can we, exactly  expect temperature dependent eth mode/eth+dcri mode  switching?

I'm testing what approach is more effective, for now it looks lowering -dcri automatically is better, so probably I will select it instead of disabling DCR mining at all. An update will be available in 1-2 days.
f

But dual mode   costs 2percent fee instead of 1% so if lowered dcri will give decresese earning increase it could be unprofitable..
Yea thats why I suggested to have a thereshold value for -dcri so people can adjust it depending on their own electricity costs/profitability.

For example if you calculate that you need at least -dcri 30 for it to cover the extra 1 % then you would set -dcri changing between 30-50 or something. When your card couldnt keep the temperature setting even at -dcri 30 it would then change to the 1 % ether only mode.

Right now devfee is not card-related, it is either 36 or 72 seconds. With your approach, if some cards mine DCR and some not, time must be recalculated and it will be between 36 and 72 seconds. Ok, I'm going to do it, but it will require more time to implement it.
Activity: 31
When can we, exactly  expect temperature dependent eth mode/eth+dcri mode  switching?

I'm testing what approach is more effective, for now it looks lowering -dcri automatically is better, so probably I will select it instead of disabling DCR mining at all. An update will be available in 1-2 days.
f

But dual mode   costs 2percent fee instead of 1% so if lowered dcri will give decresese earning increase it could be unprofitable..
Yea thats why I suggested to have a thereshold value for -dcri so people can adjust it depending on their own electricity costs/profitability.

For example if you calculate that you need at least -dcri 30 for it to cover the extra 1 % then you would set -dcri changing between 30-50 or something. When your card couldnt keep the temperature setting even at -dcri 30 it would then change to the 1 % ether only mode.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

f

donator
Miners developer

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Claymore, could you please add an option to show Hashrate for individual cards in monitoring please? It helps to spot a problem tremendously!

v4.5 has this feature
donator
Miners developer

Already done, set checkbox on "Options" tab.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Talking about Gigabyte 380's... Has anyone tried mining on a Gigabyte 380 w/ 2GB memory? I assume if my 270's work with 2GB, the 380 would work too? But I'm not entirely sure...

mine is a sapphire nitro 380itx 2gb, but works fine in ubuntu 15.10 with no special settings.

Great, thanks. What is your hashrate like?

Also, I'm guessing in Linux, you're using Wine to run Claymore's miner? I know that Linux seems to increase hashrate, but does this also happen when using Wine for windows mining software, if that makes sense? I'm just thinking that windows is an inherent bottleneck or something, so I assume it would be the same if using any windows software..?

20 mhs at 1100 mhz.

not using wine, just grabbed the linux version and copied it to my home folder.

i have 2 sapphire r9390s, one in win7, one on ubuntu. they hash the same.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
My miner says: "New job from coinotron.com:3344 . What it means ? I assume that something is wrong. What should I do, please?

Hi

Failover 4 means you are mining on fourth pool address you entered (in epools.txt)
meaning it had problem connecting to main address as well as on the two first servers in epool.txt
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore
I need a parameter saying to miner, if the temperature of a card is greater than a threshold of let's say 80 degrees than switch to ether only mining rather then dual mining.
samething for cold environment, if gpu temp is colder than 60 degrees than dual mine.
Summer is beginning here in İstanbul so this would be very helpfull.
I Appreciate your good work.

Ok, I will add it in next update, it will be available in 3-4 days.

How would this work, would all cards switch to eth only or only cards that are below threshold?

Every card will be managed separately.

Could you make it so that it doesnt necessarily switch to ether only but adjusts the -dcri lower. My cards have about 50W and 5-10 degrees difference depending on the weather between -dcri 0 and 50. It could work similarly to the -tt value. For example if I put -tt 70 and -dcris 0-50 and -dcrit 75 it would first run the fans at 100% from 70 till the temperature gets over 75 and then it would start adjusting -dcri between 0-50 to try to keep the temperature at max 75 just like the fan tries to keep it at 70.

Also it could be a good idea to implement a max fan speed value. I like the -tt feature because it keeps the fan speed optimal at wanted temperature but I don't really like running the fans at 100% even though the cards get over the "wanted" value. I set the wanted value below allowed temperatures just to keep the cards cool if easily possible but I still dont want to shorten the fans life by running them at 100% if not necessary.

Good ideas, I will check them in details.
Activity: 31
@Claymore
I need a parameter saying to miner, if the temperature of a card is greater than a threshold of let's say 80 degrees than switch to ether only mining rather then dual mining.
samething for cold environment, if gpu temp is colder than 60 degrees than dual mine.
Summer is beginning here in İstanbul so this would be very helpfull.
I Appreciate your good work.

Ok, I will add it in next update, it will be available in 3-4 days.

How would this work, would all cards switch to eth only or only cards that are below threshold?

Every card will be managed separately.

Could you make it so that it doesnt necessarily switch to ether only but adjusts the -dcri lower. My cards have about 50W and 5-10 degrees difference depending on the weather between -dcri 0 and 50. It could work similarly to the -tt value. For example if I put -tt 70 and -dcris 0-50 and -dcrit 75 it would first run the fans at 100% from 70 till the temperature gets over 75 and then it would start adjusting -dcri between 0-50 to try to keep the temperature at max 75 just like the fan tries to keep it at 70.

Also it could be a good idea to implement a max fan speed value. I like the -tt feature because it keeps the fan speed optimal at wanted temperature but I don't really like running the fans at 100% even though the cards get over the "wanted" value. I set the wanted value below allowed temperatures just to keep the cards cool if easily possible but I still dont want to shorten the fans life by running them at 100% if not necessary.

For example at cool days my cards can stay at 70 degrees with <50% fan speed but on hot days they need 100% to keep them at 70. If I set -tt to 70 the fans run a lot of the time at 100% when they could run with 80% at 75 degrees. On the other hand if I change the -tt to 75 I let the cards get hotter on chilly days without the need for it. I don't really know how much the hotness or fan speeds shorten the cards/fans life but I can imagine that the lower they both run the better it is. I prefer running the cards cooler but when the fans get over 80% I feel they are overworking.

As another example, its sometimes +25 when the sun is shining and it gets really hot inside while at nights it is +5 and really chilly inside. I could run dual mining most of the time even at summer and its a shame to loose the free extra profits but its too much hassle to keep changing it manually on many rigs depending on the weather. Usually I just check the weather forecast few days into the future and go by that.
Activity: 75
Merit: 20
I have one rig with 2 x 295, miner sees temps for 3 GPU´s...
Second GPU of first card doesn't show at all.
On 7990 miner see 1 GPU Temp.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 588
@Claymore:
First of all: GREAT work. We can see avr. gains around 10% on our 295x2 cards.
One little thing left - Your miner only gives temp stats for 1 GPU per card only, therefore can't stop if set max. temp is reached on a non-monitored GPU. We played around with all various parameters with no success.
Can you check that? Will provide any help if requested...
Thanks and regards,
Tender

I don't have 295 card so I cannot check it easily. Have you disabled CrossFire? Usually it helps if ADL finds one card instead of two.

Crossfire is disabled, even with one card only it does not see the second GPU temp. Same with 390x2, probably all Dual-GPU cards, can somebody confirm?

Does someone use Dual-GPU cards & can confirm that the miner only sees the temp of the first GPU per card?

regards,

Tender

Devil 13 only one gpu shows a temp & fan reading
GPU0 t=0C fan=0%, GPU1 t=74C fan=84%
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
My miner says: "New job from coinotron.com:3344 . What it means ? I assume that something is wrong. What should I do, please?
Jump to: