Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1277. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Wow Claymore must be swamped with feature requests lol.  I hope you are making bank there Mr. Claymore, it is well deserved.  Most of these features I dont use, I just open up Msi Afterburner and I find it serves its purpose very well.  Also those that want a restart thing, the easiest way is just to put a shortcut of your .bat file in your start folder and when you restart the miner just starts back again.  Keep it up !
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
@Claymore
I need a parameter saying to miner, if the temperature of a card is greater than a threshold of let's say 80 degrees than switch to ether only mining rather then dual mining.
samething for cold environment, if gpu temp is colder than 60 degrees than dual mine.
Summer is beginning here in İstanbul so this would be very helpfull.
I Appreciate your good work.

Ok, I will add it in next update, it will be available in 3-4 days.

How would this work, would all cards switch to eth only or only cards that are below threshold?

Every card will be managed separately.

How about adding dynamic OC also for example adjust clocks within specified range depending on temp threshold.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
@Claymore:
First of all: GREAT work. We can see avr. gains around 10% on our 295x2 cards.
One little thing left - Your miner only gives temp stats for 1 GPU per card only, therefore can't stop if set max. temp is reached on a non-monitored GPU. We played around with all various parameters with no success.
Can you check that? Will provide any help if requested...
Thanks and regards,
Tender

I don't have 295 card so I cannot check it easily. Have you disabled CrossFire? Usually it helps if ADL finds one card instead of two.

Crossfire is disabled, even with one card only it does not see the second GPU temp. Same with 390x2, probably all Dual-GPU cards, can somebody confirm?
On 7990, miner correctly reports temps both both chips (dual 7970 on board)
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Does anyone know how many hashed NVidia Quadro 6000 ?

As in, what hashrate you would get? Is the Quadro 6000 basically a Titan..?

If so, maybe around 20Mh/s or so, or somewhere in that ballpark. I mean I suppose it's still worth mining with if you can get that hashrate, to at least get some ethereum. On the upside, I believe Quadro is meant to run hard for a long time, so you probably won't have to worry about it dying or anything, at the very least.
Anyway, claymore's miner is AMD only
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Vertcoin stealthy master race.

As in, what hashrate you would get? Is the Quadro 6000 basically a Titan..?

If so, maybe around 20Mh/s or so, or somewhere in that ballpark. Actually probably well under 20Mh/s... I mean I suppose it's still worth mining with if you can get that hashrate, to at least get some ethereum. On the upside, I believe Quadro is meant to run hard for a long time, so you probably won't have to worry about it dying or anything, at the very least.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Vertcoin stealthy master race.
Talking about Gigabyte 380's... Has anyone tried mining on a Gigabyte 380 w/ 2GB memory? I assume if my 270's work with 2GB, the 380 would work too? But I'm not entirely sure...

mine is a sapphire nitro 380itx 2gb, but works fine in ubuntu 15.10 with no special settings.

Great, thanks. What is your hashrate like?

Also, I'm guessing in Linux, you're using Wine to run Claymore's miner? I know that Linux seems to increase hashrate, but does this also happen when using Wine for windows mining software, if that makes sense? I'm just thinking that windows is an inherent bottleneck or something, so I assume it would be the same if using any windows software..?

Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Activity: 133

Wonderfull, you're great. Thank you... Smiley
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore
I need a parameter saying to miner, if the temperature of a card is greater than a threshold of let's say 80 degrees than switch to ether only mining rather then dual mining.
samething for cold environment, if gpu temp is colder than 60 degrees than dual mine.

How would this work, would all cards switch to eth only or only cards that are below threshold?

Every card will be managed separately.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
@Claymore

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
@Claymore:
One little thing left - Your miner only gives temp stats for 1 GPU per card only, therefore can't stop if set max. temp is reached on a non-monitored GPU. We played around with all various parameters with no success.
Thanks and regards,
Tender

I don't have 295 card so I cannot check it easily. Have you disabled CrossFire? Usually it helps if ADL finds one card instead of two.

Crossfire is disabled, even with one card only it does not see the second GPU temp. Same with 390x2, probably all Dual-GPU cards, can somebody confirm?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Will I be ok using a 16gb ssd to run the linux miner? (or do i need a working linux install before i proceed with the download)?

I run GenEthOS Linux distro using 8GB USB flash with no HDD/SSD on 2GB RAM system with no issues. Still, it's possible to use even 4GB flash (didn't try since GenEthOS distro comes on 8GB image, but only 3.3GB is used).
Activity: 185
Every once and awhile, while mining, I will get an error pop up saying "the specified i/o operation was not completed before the time-out period expired". This causes the miner to stop and wont restart until an input from me. I am currently on Windows 10 with AMD 15.12 drivers. I have tried with and without watchdog mode, and even tried -r 60 and -r 1. Because I work during the day, I'm starting to lose out on a lot of mining time. Any ideas of what could be causing this?
Seems hard drive related to me
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
@Claymore

+1 it  will be very usefull for me too
Anyone  here  mining on ubuntu 15.10  and could  help me with  temp infos?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
@Claymore or some zen-like person.

Will I be ok using a 16gb ssd to run the linux miner? (or do i need a working linux install before i proceed with the download)?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Talking about Gigabyte 380's... Has anyone tried mining on a Gigabyte 380 w/ 2GB memory? I assume if my 270's work with 2GB, the 380 would work too? But I'm not entirely sure...

mine is a sapphire nitro 380itx 2gb, but works fine in ubuntu 15.10 with no special settings.
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore:
Thanks and regards,
Tender

Activity: 133
@Claymore

Activity: 544
Merit: 250
@Claymore

Anyway to add an event to trigger if it falls below a certain hash rate for 2 minute or so?

For example, if I know my card hashes at a stable 20 MH/s for a long time, but after a week or so, due to some anomaly, it got stuck hashing at 18 MH/s, so I have to exit CDM and restart it to get back at hashing 20 MH/s.

Kind of like how you have "-r 1" closes miner and execute "reboot.bat" file, but add a parameter where if it falls below a certain hashrate for 2 minutes or so then execute reboot.bat too?

P.S. Your DevFee is well deserved, love your work. Thanks.
Jump to: