Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1275. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
@Claymore:
First of all: GREAT work. We can see avr. gains around 10% on our 295x2 cards.
One little thing left - Your miner only gives temp stats for 1 GPU per card only, therefore can't stop if set max. temp is reached on a non-monitored GPU. We played around with all various parameters with no success.
Can you check that? Will provide any help if requested...
Thanks and regards,
Tender

I don't have 295 card so I cannot check it easily. Have you disabled CrossFire? Usually it helps if ADL finds one card instead of two.

Crossfire is disabled, even with one card only it does not see the second GPU temp. Same with 390x2, probably all Dual-GPU cards, can somebody confirm?

Does someone use Dual-GPU cards & can confirm that the miner only sees the temp of the first GPU per card?

regards,

Tender

I have one rig with 2 x 295, miner sees temps for 3 GPU´s...

Second GPU of first card doesn't show at all.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
@Claymore:
First of all: GREAT work. We can see avr. gains around 10% on our 295x2 cards.
One little thing left - Your miner only gives temp stats for 1 GPU per card only, therefore can't stop if set max. temp is reached on a non-monitored GPU. We played around with all various parameters with no success.
Can you check that? Will provide any help if requested...
Thanks and regards,
Tender

I don't have 295 card so I cannot check it easily. Have you disabled CrossFire? Usually it helps if ADL finds one card instead of two.

Crossfire is disabled, even with one card only it does not see the second GPU temp. Same with 390x2, probably all Dual-GPU cards, can somebody confirm?

Does someone use Dual-GPU cards & can confirm that the miner only sees the temp of the first GPU per card?

regards,

Tender
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi Claymore,
In the event of downtime of Internet connection from my provider, the miner will stop mining and triggers failover pools.
Is there a way, for CDM to identify internet downtime vs pool unavailability?
For my case, if CDM tries all of pools in the failover file, and still cannot establish mining, I would like to trigger "reboot.bat" so that Windows would try to establish internet connectivity at boot up with router etc.
Does this makes sense, or probably you have another solution?
Thanks

I think you need some separate utility for that, it's not a good idea to put all possible things into miner.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
For those having problem with windows defender like me, you can go into the History tab and click on view details. There you can restore the deleted .exe file, much easier and safer than disabling everything  Wink

Yes I agree but I like control over my machine. Seems win 10 has an update everyday. I got tired of restarting my rigs.  Not to mention it was replacing my amd drivers to Windows version.  I finally just killed it all.  As far as win defender I use Norton and just set certain folders to ignore that way I don't have to deal with file deletion every time their is update   Had issues with nicehashminer always getting the exe's and dll's deleted.  Its all about what your comfortable with.  To the avg user I prolly wouldn't recommend shutting down update service and bits. 

Best Regards
D57heinz
Activity: 16
Anyone have issues with Windows 10 where the start file when run it just looks like it opens real quick and then close?  My Claymore was working for a few days and now is acting up like this.  Re-install the OS and it would work the first time and after reboot it would do the same.  Driver version is 15.12 AMD R9 390

check windows 10 is not deleting it on you.. it was posted a few posts back.  Also you can shift right click the folder you have the batch file in  and open command window in that folder.. then type the bat that way you can see the error without it closing the window

B est Regards
d57heinz

This happen to me for the first time last night.  i created an exclusion in windows defender and that got me up and running. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
For those having problem with windows defender like me, you can go into the History tab and click on view details. There you can restore the deleted .exe file, much easier and safer than disabling everything  Wink
Activity: 1
Hi Claymore!
Thanks for great miner!

Can you please add some stuff:

Instead of -tt key:
- Min fan speed, so even if GPU is cool, fans still cooling VRM.
- Max GPU temp, so when GPU temp reaches a certain value, fan speed increases.

- Possibility to change reconnect timeout (20 sec) - useful for really bad internet connection.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
maybe ping any stable website?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

In the event of downtime of Internet connection from my provider, the miner will stop mining and triggers failover pools.

Is there a way, for CDM to identify internet downtime vs pool unavailability?

For my case, if CDM tries all of pools in the failover file, and still cannot establish mining, I would like to trigger "reboot.bat" so that Windows would try to establish internet connectivity at boot up with router etc.

Does this makes sense, or probably you have another solution?

Thanks
So from what Ive read, Watchdog is supposed to shutdown the miner when a GPU or OpenCl call fails correct? If so, I cannot seem to get it to work. I have kept it enabled, but every once and awhile, it will hang and I have to hit ctrl+c which then shows the message that an opencl call failed and the miner is restarted. Am I missing something or is this just how it is done?
My miner  restarts from time to time,  but freezez only once for  now (when I have installed Trixx + btw it shows me only inboard card,  np riser card)
Confirmed, today after reboot Windows 10 closed v4.5 (on one rig it even removed .exe). I disabled "Windows Update" service in past, but it didn't help, Windows downloaded some update anyway. Damn, how to stop it? It seems I can disable all services and it still downloads all that it wants.

just move to Linux :-)

See my edited questions above.  Would love to see how everyone's experience is with Linux.  Trying to find best stability if I'm going to scale more than 100+ GPUs. 

Or disable the garbage windows defender and windows update =).

For stress free mining 24/7, do the following:

1. Install Windows 7 x64
2. Disable windows defender and windows update
3. Install 15.12 drivers
4. Run 6x GPU mod if needed from https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU_mod.html
5. Install free Comodo Anti-Virus (Optional)
6. Disable all automatic power options for sleep/hibernate for a certain amount of time. (To make sure computer stays on 24/7)
7. Increase pagefile to 16gb.
8. Run Claymore Dual Mining and configure to your options.
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

That's basically it, unless you use your computer for other things besides mining, but if it's just for mining only, no need for all the other junk to be on there.

You da man.  I disabled Windows Update but Defender caught me off guard as many today.  The 6GPU trick was what I wanted Linux for but since you reference another method, that is just pure awesomeness!  Now I will just stick with Windows for now.  Currently I'm only mining Eth, is it even worth mining Decred at the expense of hottest GPU and more power consumed? 

@adamvp - There's no need to waste money on more than 4GB of RAM.  My rig performed the same with 4, 8 or 16GB of RAM for 5x R9 390 cards.  So I just split my RAM for 4 rigs instead.

Edit - Actually I just read the 6GPU trick.  That's not my issue.  My issue is that Windows won't boot or be able to see the screen with the 6GPU in.  I've been told to make 6GPU to work will required a headless option and Linux.  Anyone got it to work with Windows 10 with the ASR H81 BTC pro board?
I asked about  virtual memory -  with 4gb I had problems,  especially when I used stratum  proxy....
I make  work 6gpu on  ASRock  B85 on Windows 10 without any mod etc I had only have to  replace cards few times because was only 5visible but at last windows saw all 6.. Now I try to migrate to Ubuntu so
Last thing i s that anyone here could tell me how to install ADL on ubuntu server?
Activity: 544

You da man.  I disabled Windows Update but Defender caught me off guard as many today.  The 6GPU trick was what I wanted Linux for but since you reference another method, that is just pure awesomeness!  Now I will just stick with Windows for now.  Currently I'm only mining Eth, is it even worth mining Decred at the expense of hottest GPU and more power consumed? 

Your welcome nhando, don't thank me regarding the 6 gpu trick, took awhile for me to find that, but the creater should be the one receiving all the thanks, since he solved my headache and many others with his 6gpu mod. You can find his thread at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228 with his BTC donation address if you want to thank him =)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Confirmed, today after reboot Windows 10 closed v4.5 (on one rig it even removed .exe). I disabled "Windows Update" service in past, but it didn't help, Windows downloaded some update anyway. Damn, how to stop it? It seems I can disable all services and it still downloads all that it wants.

See my edited questions above.  Would love to see how everyone's experience is with Linux.  Trying to find best stability if I'm going to scale more than 100+ GPUs.  

1. Install Windows 7 x64
3. Install 15.12 drivers
6. Disable all automatic power options for sleep/hibernate for a certain amount of time. (To make sure computer stays on 24/7)
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

That's basically it, unless you use your computer for other things besides mining, but if it's just for mining only, no need for all the other junk to be on there.

You da man.  I disabled Windows Update but Defender caught me off guard as many today.  The 6GPU trick was what I wanted Linux for but since you reference another method, that is just pure awesomeness!  Now I will just stick with Windows for now.  Currently I'm only mining Eth, is it even worth mining Decred at the expense of hottest GPU and more power consumed?  

@adamvp - There's no need to waste money on more than 4GB of RAM.  My rig performed the same with 4, 8 or 16GB of RAM for 5x R9 390 cards.  So I just split my RAM for 4 rigs instead.

Edit - Actually I just read the 6GPU trick.  That's not my issue.  My issue is that Windows won't boot or be able to see the screen with the 6GPU in.  I've been told to make 6GPU to work will required a headless option and Linux.  Anyone got it to work with Windows 10 with the ASR H81 BTC pro board?
Before I write about Linux I would like to ask about Virtual Memory:
Could setting at least 16gb memory increase hashrate?
Now I am using 2x280x and 370 and it works almost perfectly with 10gb ddr3 and 1600MB virtual...
I am afraid to change it  because I wouldn't broke anything..

About linux I have at least same hashrate like Windows.. On R9 380x I get 19,7mhs constantly
Making it work is quite easy and much faster than windows ( I am speaking about ubuntu server) but I didn't manage to make temp and fan control (now I am fighting trying to get friends rig to work)

See my edited questions above.  Would love to see how everyone's experience is with Linux.  Trying to find best stability if I'm going to scale more than 100+ GPUs. 

1. Install Windows 7 x64
3. Install 15.12 drivers
9. Grab a beer and chill
10. Profit

Reinstalled the files defender removed and also excluded the folder from Defender.   What a pain.  Thanks for the assist.

Maybe Linux is the way to go?  What is everyone getting performance wise with Linux?  How fast is the install vs Win10, any documentation on the process would be appreciated.    Seems like Windows 10 is very picky and monitor won't work if any of the 5 GPU are having issues (loose cable, bad riser connector, power,etc), do we have the same issue with Linux?
Anyone have issues with Windows 10 where the start file when run it just looks like it opens real quick and then close?  My Claymore was working for a few days and now is acting up like this.  Re-install the OS and it would work the first time and after reboot it would do the same.  Driver version is 15.12 AMD R9 390

Your .bat file is probably configured wrong, run each command on your .bat file in CMD console to see if any error spits out. Your .bat file is basically running each line for you automatically in the CMD console.
@Claymore
I need a parameter saying to miner, if the temperature of a card is greater than a threshold of let's say 80 degrees than switch to ether only mining rather then dual mining.
samething for cold environment, if gpu temp is colder than 60 degrees than dual mine.
Summer is beginning here in İstanbul so this would be very helpfull.
I Appreciate your good work.

Ok, I will add it in next update, it will be available in 3-4 days.

How would this work, would all cards switch to eth only or only cards that are below threshold?

Every card will be managed separately.
]

buut counting fee .. I am afraid it will be unefficient to run dcred on one or two card of five or six  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

check windows 10 is not deleting it on you.. it was posted a few posts back.  Also you can shift right click the folder you have the batch file in  and open command window in that folder.. then type the bat that way you can see the error without it closing the window

B est Regards
d57heinz
Jump to: