Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1280. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
By the time you get the new card, you will mine the same amount with the same price as the difficulty will be much higher.

You have a valid point there.  By the time they come out and a ginny pig spends $200 to find out if it will mine ETH and we get word of it, it's quite possible my 3,000 MH/s from 100 x MSI 390's will have mined approximately $10,000 worth of ETH at current difficulty, block time and price of ETH.

That's $10,000 towards a $34,000 to $35,000 investment.  That investment could be paid off in 4 months.

I'm an ignoramus as to how ETH works.  Any idea who or what determines when ETH changes from POW to POS?  Of course, I could research to find out for myself.  However, if someone knows the answer, I would appreciate the info.

I was researching this topic earlier this year and find this link best to explain POS/Casper and Life after POW.

http://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/3523/how-do-miners-profit-post-pos-if-at-all-how-will-new-miners-get-their-start-a?rq=1
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
By the time you get the new card, you will mine the same amount with the same price as the difficulty will be much higher.

You have a valid point there.  By the time they come out and a ginny pig spends $200 to find out if it will mine ETH and we get word of it, it's quite possible my 3,000 MH/s from 100 x MSI 390's will have mined approximately $10,000 worth of ETH at current difficulty, block time and price of ETH.

That's $10,000 towards a $34,000 to $35,000 investment.  That investment could be paid off in 4 months.

I'm an ignoramus as to how ETH works.  Any idea who or what determines when ETH changes from POW to POS?  Of course, I could research to find out for myself.  However, if someone knows the answer, I would appreciate the info.

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Does anyone know of a Linux CPU miner? I would like to mine at nicehash.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Not sure if this question has been asked yet or not:

Will we have to wait for someone to write a special software for the AMD RX 480 4GB coming out June 29 @ $199 USD in order to mine with it?

Hi Dave, See if this answers your question..... http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/radeon-rx-480-eth/.

It will mine with CDM no doubt.

The question is how many MHs, since its memory bandwidth is half of a Nano although the same capacity of 4GB, and we all know ETH's algorithm Dagger-Hashimoto is very memory intensive.

Will be watching the 480 and 490 space very closely. At 199$ its a perfect miner: low cost, low power..... we shall see
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Vertcoin stealthy master race.
Wait, I'm not 100% sure on this, but is the 480 the top of the line, or is it only the next-gen 380, and then there will be a "490", etc?

I was thinking they were advertising the RX480 as the "sweet spot" for price/performance and stuff, but I didn't think it was their highest-spec GPU?

Knowing all this, would it be worth getting a 290 right now? People want an arm and a leg for 390's it seems, but even the 290 is expensive at well over $200 for aftermarket versions. But then, the RX480 would outperform it for $200 anyway... I think. Guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month for a clearer picture. :/

Apparently dmwardjr is some kind of bitcoin prince lol. Mind throwing a few my way? Not even sure I can pay my rent this month. XD

No, but seriously.  Cry

Yes, it appears we may have to wait.  Not sure.  Wish we knew something concrete NOW.   Grin

No, not a BTC prince.  I've had as much as 148 TH/s (30 x S7's of varying batches) mining out of my home.  I have not sold any BTC I've mined to pay for power costs ever since I started mining.  I paid all of my power bills out of pocket ever since August 2014 to hold on to my BTC to sell for bigger profits at a later date.

Sorry, cannot pay your rent.  My wife was laid off from her job (Accountant for an oil and gas company) the second week of January this year.  We are now relying on me to provide for us by whatever legal means available.  Hell, our health/dental insurance for the three of us (I have a 5 year old son too) is $1,530 monthly.  That's a damn house note by itself but I have one of those too.

Eh... Was worth a try.  Grin

Well then... Here's to us all being BTC princes, when the price goes up to $1,000,000/BTC. Smiley

Any thoughts on investing into S9's? Only thing that sucks right now is the block halving... I had a decent enough hashrate to get to where I want to be at around 10 BTC. Looks like it'll take a while longer now... Even if the price goes up, I'm just bag holding and didn't care about short-term anyway, so it's still a big disadvantage from that perspective, rather than just cashing out if the price goes up right now...
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I'm surprised that no one is taking pre-orders for them yet.

Same here.  I'm kind of in a "Catch 22" situation.  I was about to purchase 100 x MSI 390 GPU's until I heard last night about the AMD RX 480 with 14nm chips coming out June 29th.

Especially, since no one is taking pre-orders on them, I'm wondering if there will be limited quantities that will limit retailers to 5 GPU's per customer at first?

meh I think 390's are a good deal when its a good sale price, even with the 480 coming out.  Depends on your electric setup.  I'm waiting for 480 too, but if I can get some cheap 390s...I'll get those too Smiley  although im not buying 100 god damn lol, so far my XFX 390s are running over 33mhs, good temps, and seems perfectly fine.

100 x Nanos would be a better bet, IMHO.
Lower power consumption delivering as good MHs @30MHs per GPU.
Also resale value is better than 390.
390 is power hungry and produces lots of heat - require 2 VGA cables, Nanos require only 1
390 is a bulky, long, heavy card.
Nanos smaller and lighter and easier to manage in an open cage.
Savings: Lower electricity bill and 1000w / 1300w PSUs instead of more expensive 1600w or 2 x PSUs.

My current rigs,
Phase 1: n x 5 x MSI-R9-390, 150MHs, AF settings: -100mV/1050/1125, temps =75c, 1300watts (6xGPU will require 1600 PSU)
Phase 2: n x 6 x Sapphire Nanos, 178MHs, Heliox Rom Mod -150mV,1040/300, temps 74c, 1300watts
Phase 3: Work in progress: Nanos for now attempting -175mV and -200mV Rom mods. If 480s passes the ETH mining test on CDM, that will be the card to go for : latest GPU & lower power consumption
Activity: 74

Same here.  I'm kind of in a "Catch 22" situation.  I was about to purchase 100 x MSI 390 GPU's until I heard last night about the AMD RX 480 with 14nm chips coming out June 29th.

Especially, since no one is taking pre-orders on them, I'm wondering if there will be limited quantities that will limit retailers to 5 GPU's per customer at first?

meh I think 390's are a good deal when its a good sale price, even with the 480 coming out.  Depends on your electric setup.  I'm waiting for 480 too, but if I can get some cheap 390s...I'll get those too Smiley  although im not buying 100 god damn lol, so far my XFX 390s are running over 33mhs, good temps, and seems perfectly fine.

Totally agree!  I might pick up some if I can find them for $250 or less per unit.  However, I'm not buying a lot of them.  There are too many pro's to wait for the 480's  I cannot think of any con's for the 480's except for having to wait and not knowing if we can mine with them out of the box (software/drivers).

Hell, I'm getting 186 units of RX 480's since they consume less power than the 390's. I only hope I can find that many someone will sell at $199 each when they are available.  However, the other concern I have as well is if they will be sold in limited quantities only in the beginning.  If that is the case, I'll have to wait potentially 30 to 90 days longer to get the units I want.

It's the power savings that got me hooked.  I can run twice as many for the same price!!

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
It's the power savings that got me hooked.  I can run twice as many for the same price!!

BINGO
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Wait, I'm not 100% sure on this, but is the 480 the top of the line, or is it only the next-gen 380, and then there will be a "490", etc?

I was thinking they were advertising the RX480 as the "sweet spot" for price/performance and stuff, but I didn't think it was their highest-spec GPU?

Knowing all this, would it be worth getting a 290 right now? People want an arm and a leg for 390's it seems, but even the 290 is expensive at well over $200 for aftermarket versions. But then, the RX480 would outperform it for $200 anyway... I think. Guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month for a clearer picture. :/

Apparently dmwardjr is some kind of bitcoin prince lol. Mind throwing a few my way? Not even sure I can pay my rent this month. XD

No, but seriously.  Cry

Yes, it appears we may have to wait.  Not sure.  Wish we knew something concrete NOW.   Grin

No, not a BTC prince.  I've had as much as 148 TH/s (30 x S7's of varying batches) mining out of my home.  I have not sold any BTC I've mined to pay for power costs ever since I started mining.  I paid all of my power bills out of pocket ever since August 2014 to hold on to my BTC to sell for bigger profits at a later date.

Sorry, cannot pay your rent.  My wife was laid off from her job (Accountant for an oil and gas company) the second week of January this year.  We are now relying on me to provide for us by whatever legal means available.  Hell, our health/dental insurance for the three of us (I have a 5 year old son too) is $1,530 monthly.  That's a damn house note by itself but I have one of those too.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

Totally agree!  I might pick up some if I can find them for $250 or less per unit.  However, I'm not buying a lot of them.  There are too many pro's to wait for the 480's  I cannot think of any con's for the 480's except for having to wait and not knowing if we can mine with them out of the box (software/drivers).

Hell, I'm getting 186 units of RX 480's since they consume less power than the 390's. I only hope I can find that many someone will sell at $199 each when they are available.  However, the other concern I have as well is if they will be sold in limited quantities only in the beginning.  If that is the case, I'll have to wait potentially 30 to 90 days longer to get the units I want.

Activity: 130
Hi to community.
One more man with a problem...
16 Gb virtual memory is set.
Code:
21:56:34:718 434 ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s
21:56:36:508 aac Setting DAG epoch #55 for GPU #1
21:56:36:508 aac Create GPU buffer for GPU #1
21:56:36:518 aac OpenCL error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

21:56:36:518 cdc Setting DAG epoch #55 for GPU #0
21:56:36:518 cdc Create GPU buffer for GPU #0
21:56:36:518 cdc OpenCL error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

21:56:39:520 ecc Setting DAG epoch #55 for GPU #1
21:56:39:520 ecc GPU 1, OpenCL error -38 - cannot write buffer for DAG

21:56:39:520 7c0 Setting DAG epoch #55 for GPU #0
21:56:39:520 7c0 GPU 0, OpenCL error -38 - cannot write buffer for DAG

Please, advice, what's wrong? Sad
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Totally agree!  I might pick up some if I can find them for $250 or less per unit.  However, I'm not buying a lot of them.  There are too many pro's to wait for the 480's  I cannot think of any con's for the 480's except for having to wait and not knowing if we can mine with them out of the box (software/drivers).

Hell, I'm getting 186 units of RX 480's since they consume less power than the 390's. I only hope I can find that many someone will sell at $199 each when they are available.  However, the other concern I have as well is if they will be sold in limited quantities only in the beginning.  If that is the case, I'll have to wait potentially 30 to 90 days longer to get the units I want.

Activity: 88
Vertcoin stealthy master race.

No, but seriously.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Finally got  this working on Ubuntu 14 after a few days of learning and reading id rather use Ubuntu then windows 10 or any version of windows it seems to mine better under Linux Smiley.
cya
legendary

I would be happy getting 5 or 6!!  Since this is only a hobby for me!  But I have to admit, the 280x's I have had are great cards!!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
I'm surprised that Ethereum coin is so profitable long time.
legendary
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Not sure if this question has been asked yet or not:

Will we have to wait for someone to write a special software for the AMD RX 480 4GB coming out June 29 @ $199 USD in order to mine with it?

I asked this about 10 pages ago, guess we're going to have to wait and see.

Okay, Thanks!

David
Jump to: