Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1316. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Is there any way to mine dual mode:
1. without Eth profit loss
2. without gpu temp increasing
?
Last time when I try to mine dual mode my cards overheated, luckilly protection worked.. but I don't want to risk this issue again.
Regards! Smiley
1. Yes, on some cards more, on some less. Play with -ethi and -dcri to fine tune.
2. For every extra computation you pay with power consumed. Play with -dcri to reduce extra load, but no way to do a lot of work and do not pay for it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Is there any way to mine dual mode:
1. without Eth profit loss
2. without gpu temp increasing
?
Last time when I try to mine dual mode my cards overheated, luckilly protection worked.. but I don't want to risk this issue again.
Regards! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
sorry for interupt

for anyone interested decred in polo

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dcr
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
So got into Eth about a month ago, been mining BTC for almost 2 years. So far all good, really like your miner, prior I used basic Ethminer with get work. I am running a total of 10 cards in 5 rigs All R9 295x2 running EVGA G2 1300 PSU's. Love the quiet cooling and reliability so far. On Ethminer, with a 6% OC I was getting 51Mh per card and now with same 6% OC I am getting 60-61 MH. Using the latest drivers 16.5.2, no issues and stable on Win10. Nice part about using latest drivers is I can run Steam and game on the rigs when not mining, its not often but most games require the latest drivers so using the older drivers on rigs that are dual purpose is a bitch.

Anyway, my first post on Eth, thanks for all the info on the forum and great job on the miner.

PS. with my 600MH, thinking about just solo mining, I am using Nano now but on Solo I should get a block a day, maybe a little more. Whats a good way to run true solo using your miner? Sorry if already posted, lots of pages to review.

Thanks,
Activity: 383
Merit: 272
Legend is back.
Where is the problem please help me...

From your screenshot miner hangs not after 1 day but at starting.

I was use win 7 same problem,

Now I formating to win 8.1 again same problem,

GPU 3 Hangs in Opencl call...

Where is the problem?

Overheating or driver problem. Install the driver manually. Device Manager - Display adapters - Update Driver software - Browse my computer for driver software (Select the folder to which you extracted drivers; Usually C:\AMD\15.12 drivers folder)

Btw: What cards are you using?

R9 390 Asus Strix, Drivers is ok, not overheating...
Activity: 835
Merit: 1000
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
So what card is the best $/hash for dual mining?
Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Where is the problem?

Overheating or driver problem. Install the driver manually. Device Manager - Display adapters - Update Driver software - Browse my computer for driver software (Select the folder to which you extracted drivers; Usually C:\AMD\15.12 drivers folder)

Btw: What cards are you using?
Activity: 383
Merit: 272
Legend is back.

Where is the problem?
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
A good idea, but because of possible different order in OpenCL and ADL lists I cannot make temperature control only for selected cards in "-di". It would required another option similar to "-di" but for ADL.
Target is important sometimes to see if pool has vardiff and check how often miner must find shares.
Share found and accepted in same line is difficult because miner would have to display "Share Found" line only when it got answer from server for that share, it can cause problems if server delays reponse, in general, it's a good idea to always show "share found" as soon as miner found share.
Perhaps I should add an option "verbose" to select how miner should display info.

Hi, Claymore, thnx for your linux version of dualminer, working great.
Its a pity that EthOS guys, decided not to add it for some reasons...

Wanted to ask you, how is the development of the miner monitoring app going?
My hands are itching to give it a try)
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Perhaps I should add an option "verbose" to select how miner should display info.

I'd like it a lot.
Here's some photoshop what would give a better overview:
So delays are also better to see.

(pics are disabled here?)
.) Possibility to add some CL options like  --cl-global-work ?
Page one of this thread, miner manual (or README.txt):

COMMAND LINE OPTIONS:

-ethi   Ethereum intensity. Default value is 8, you can decrease this value if you don't want Windows to freeze or if you have problems with stability. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
   Also "-ethi" now can set intensity for every card individually, for example "-ethi 1,8,6".
   You can also specify negative values, for example, "-ethi -8192", it exactly means "global work size" parameter which is used in official miner.
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
First , thanks claymore for your creat work.

Some Input:

.) Possibility to add some CL options like  --cl-global-work ?
.) Possibility to change log file Location.

regards
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Some suggestions.

-di should also apply to temperature monitor, or was there also a chance for different order?
Add "incorrect" count to report line.
Display both total hashes in different color (value only), white or bright yellow to stand out.
Lose job name (target 0x00.... name only) to save 1 line.
Display share found and accepted in same line. To save 1 line.

If program doesnt start, give some time to read the error messages, not close instantly.

A good idea, but because of possible different order in OpenCL and ADL lists I cannot make temperature control only for selected cards in "-di". It would required another option similar to "-di" but for ADL.
Target is important sometimes to see if pool has vardiff and check how often miner must find shares.
Share found and accepted in same line is difficult because miner would have to display "Share Found" line only when it got answer from server for that share, it can cause problems if server delays reponse, in general, it's a good idea to always show "share found" as soon as miner found share.
Let's put in my 5 cents... I'm on r9 280x... My fine point is about with dcri 45. Eth hash grows till this point. If more or less hash on eth drops. Sapphire Vapour-X & MSI Gaming...
Exactly! I also found that in some cases mining in dual mode gives more ETH hashrate than mining ETH only.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Some suggestions.

-di should also apply to temperature monitor, or was there also a chance for different order?
Add "incorrect" count to report line.
Display both total hashes in different color (value only), white or bright yellow to stand out.
Lose job name (target 0x00.... name only) to save 1 line.
Display share found and accepted in same line. To save 1 line.

If program doesnt start, give some time to read the error messages, not close instantly.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
is the maximum hash for DCR, -dcri 60 ?

Hi,
no. i was mining with -dcri 100 for a while but that reduces eth mining so i switches back to 65 right now...

I think max is 500

But usually eth goes down after dcri 28

Let's put in my 5 cents... I'm on r9 280x... My fine point is about with dcri 45. Eth hash grows till this point. If more or less hash on eth drops. Sapphire Vapour-X & MSI Gaming...
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
@crysx

you didnt resolve the problem that u had with yr acount yet?
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
very interesting ...

nvidia still out of the question? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
thanks for all the help guys, everything is all good now Smiley 
Jump to: