Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1320. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
In the epool file, I have the
POOL: us1.ethpool.org:3333, WALLET: 0x2xxx, PSW: x, WORKER: rig1, ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0

note the rig1 with WORKER. Will that work with ethpool.org?
Assuming it is the same as for ethermine.org, it should work and show rig name, but do not show share stats (invalid/valid/percent). I use WALLET: 0x2xxx.rig1 to see stats. WORKER: is probably optional, but I didn't try without it.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
Claymore could you pleeeease help me?

Miner cannot create buffer on GPU. I cannot help you with this problem, it seems you cannot use the miner on your hardware.

I had almost the same with an ATI 270x card with 2Gb or ram.
Downgraded the driver to 14.12 (run cleanup first) and now it's running just fine.

I installed 14.12 - and now it can't do anything... error on buffer creation for all cards..

Revert to 14.4 and increase your virtual memory to 16 Gb or even more.
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
In the epool file, I have the
POOL: us1.ethpool.org:3333, WALLET: 0x2xxx, PSW: x, WORKER: rig1, ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0

note the rig1 with WORKER. Will that work with ethpool.org?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
How to specify a worker name for the http (solo) mode?

Why do you need it in solo mining?
Activity: 124
Merit: 95
How to specify a worker name for the http (solo) mode?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Claymore, I think, there is a bug in the config reading section.

In file epools.txt
If I don't put the space symbol between WORKER: and worker name, it always sends

14:28:22:803   b88   send: {"id":4,"method":"eth_submitWork"...}

with no worker name inside.

If I add the space symbol, everything's fine:

14:21:34:911   c8c   send: {"worker":"rig08","id":4,"method":"eth_submitWork"...}

I would also recommend to change the example config a little. Put in the epools.txt

WORKER: YourWorkerName,

instead of confusing

WORKER: ,

And, specially for dwarf:

# POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x..., PSW: YourWorkerName, WORKER: YourWorkerName, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

I mean that you have to send the worker name in the PSW field to see it on the stats page of dwarf

1. It is not a bug, space is a required character.

How should I know?

2. Some pools don't require worker, but if I remove WORKER option then some people will have problems if they change the pool name and will not know about WORKER option.

You are right. But if you put example strings for various pools, then you can combine some text and config lines. Let's say:
Code:
#For the Dwarfpool use the following format:
# POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F/YourWorkerName/Your_Alarm_email_address, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0
#For the Ethermine and the other qtminer-compatible pools use:
# POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F, PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0
#For the coinotron and the other miner-proxy use the line like this:
# POOL: coinotron.com:3344, WALLET: YourUserName.YourWorkerName, PSW: YourWorkerPass, WORKER: , ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1
For dwarfpool WORKER is not necessary because if you use it you will not see hashrate on pool. Instead, add workername to the wallet address as dwarfpool recommends WALLET: 0x...../YourWorkerName.

When I put in the config:
Code:
POOL: eth-c4733c276b41a7b6.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x8f61c9561eff08f4049f361cbbd66f937aa7ace6/rig2, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

as you say, then the miner doesn't send a worker name to the pool with every share submitted, but the pool understands correctly, that it is from "rig2" and also shows the "Sent Hashrate" value. A little confusing, but OK )  I just suggest to add exactly this format to the sample epools.txt file
Probably you are right, I just did not try to specify worker in both WALLET and WORKER, it's senseless for me.
Agreed, it was the legacy from my conversion from command line (with -eworker) to autogenerated epools.txt. Anyway, it makes no sense, still doesn't hurt.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

Miner cannot create buffer on GPU. I cannot help you with this problem, it seems you cannot use the miner on your hardware.

Downgraded the driver to 14.12 (run cleanup first) and now it's running just fine.

I installed 14.12 - and now it can't do anything... error on buffer creation for all cards..
donator
Miners developer

But it worked for 5 of the 6 cards.

It created the buffer and worked but then got an error.

When it restarts it can create the DAG only on 4 of the 6 cards - and crashes again.

But between the crashes it seems like it's working fine for the cards where the dag was created.

So if it would not work at all then why does it work on some of the cards for some time?

If you want to use miner on some cards that work - specify "-di" option, check readme for details. And/or if you don't want to stop miner if it found GPU error (like buffer allocation error in your screenshot) - specify "-wd 0" option.

I am running 14.4. 14.12 is officially not available for my HD 6970 cards.
But let's see if I can get it installed.
donator
Miners developer
2. Some pools don't require worker, but if I remove WORKER option then some people will have problems if they change the pool name and will not know about WORKER option.
For dwarfpool WORKER is not necessary because if you use it you will not see hashrate on pool. Instead, add workername to the wallet address as dwarfpool recommends WALLET: 0x...../YourWorkerName.

Actually, WORKER option may be in place and does not break hashrate reporting on DwarfPool. But WALLET: 0x...../YourWorkerName is REQUIRED for that.

Probably you are right, I just did not try to specify worker in both WALLET and WORKER, it's senseless for me.
Activity: 311

But it worked for 5 of the 6 cards.

It created the buffer and worked but then got an error.

When it restarts it can create the DAG only on 4 of the 6 cards - and crashes again.

But between the crashes it seems like it's working fine for the cards where the dag was created.

So if it would not work at all then why does it work on some of the cards for some time?

Actually, WORKER option may be in place and does not break hashrate reporting on DwarfPool. But WALLET: 0x...../YourWorkerName is REQUIRED for that.
donator
Miners developer

donator
Miners developer

In file epools.txt
If I don't put the space symbol between WORKER: and worker name, it always sends

14:21:34:911   c8c   send: {"worker":"rig08","id":4,"method":"eth_submitWork"...}

I would also recommend to change the example config a little. Put in the epools.txt

instead of confusing

# POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F, PSW: YourWorkerName, WORKER: YourWorkerName, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

I mean that you have to send the worker name in the PSW field to see it on the stats page of dwarf

1. It is not a bug, space is a required character.
3. Default epools.txt has no this line for dwarfpool:
POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F, PSW: YourWorkerName, WORKER: YourWorkerName, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0
So it's your line, not from default epools.txt.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
What pool are you guys using for DCR?  It seems like supernova is getting worse and worse - down half the time.

pool.mn  set/forget

Main page not ready yet.... What about ETH with minig pool hub is it ok?

ETH: Mining Pool Hub / Failover: Nano
DCR: Suprnova / Failover: Yimp
Activity: 80

In file epools.txt

instead of confusing

# POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x..., PSW: YourWorkerName, WORKER: YourWorkerName, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

Hey guys,

I just wanted to try out this miner because ethminer and qtminer doesn't work right here...

I have got Windows 7 64 bit.
Catalyst 14.4 (becuase a lot of people told me this is the only driver that would work for ETH with my cards)
2 HD 6970 and 2 HD 6990

I can start the miner and it seems like it could mine (on 5 of the 6 cards) - but not for a long time.

I start it with this commands:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xD5B1C0b4a418F512D37645F57c0Cba6D44bAdaA0 -epsw x

Could someone please help me?

Jump to: