Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1317. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Anyone has any ideas why 380x is not even a single Mhash faster than 380?

I know that 280x has been degrading for some time now, while 380 is stable at 20Mhash.
Cant figure out why 380x is not at least slightly better.

Does this make 380 the best bang for buck card for Ethereum?
Personally I am thinking about buying a bunch of 380 and sell them once PoW ends.
Would keep though, if any open source kernel improvements for Tongas start to appear.

Or are they? In the past I have seen reviews of 380x doing the same 20Mhash.
Activity: 190
Merit: 101
I have benchmarked the dualminer versions 1.0 - 4.2 (using 280X and 390)
And starting with version 3.3 my hashrate is slightly lower then with the previous versions, what might be the reason?

Good benchmark, thanks for it and for dedicating your time to ethereum things. Btw decred uses Blake 256 algo, not dagger-hashimoto. That's why claymore's miner can dual mine, because the two algos are different and while dagger-hashimoto is more memory intensive, blake 256 is more gpu intensive. Expanse coin also uses dagger-hashimoto algo and you can mine it with this miner as well.

Ah, thanks to you and Claymore I now corrected the post!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
is the maximum hash for DCR, -dcri 60 ?

Hi,
no. i was mining with -dcri 100 for a while but that reduces eth mining so i switches back to 65 right now...

I think max is 500

But usually eth goes down after dcri 28

@frostminer, @ freeapp - thanks... my rigs are 5 x 390, and 3 of GPU are dual mining and 2 are ETH only, mainly because the total watts will exceed 1600w if all GPUs are dual mining.

Running DCR at high dcri will also result in more watts per GPU.

The optimum, looks like ethi=16 and dcri=28.

Anybody found the most optimized settings on 390?

Thanks!
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
I have benchmarked the dualminer versions 1.0 - 4.2 (using 280X and 390) here: http://bytefever.net/post/ethereum_benchmark_dualminer_versions/
And starting with version 3.3 my hashrate is slightly lower then with the previous versions, what might be the reason?

Good benchmark, thanks for it and for dedicating your time to ethereum things. Btw decred uses Blake 256 algo, not dagger-hashimoto. That's why claymore's miner can dual mine, because the two algos are different and while dagger-hashimoto is more memory intensive, blake 256 is more gpu intensive. Expanse coin also uses dagger-hashimoto algo and you can mine it with this miner as well.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Hi,
no. i was mining with -dcri 100 for a while but that reduces eth mining so i switches back to 65 right now...

I think max is 500

But usually eth goes down after dcri 28
Activity: 137
Merit: 10

Hi,
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I have benchmarked the dualminer versions 1.0 - 4.2 (using 280X and 390) here: http://bytefever.net/post/ethereum_benchmark_dualminer_versions/

Check history.txt:

- default value for "-ethi" option is "8" now (instead of "16"), it slightly reduces delays when miner accepts new job.

You can set is back to 16 if you want to see max hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
wussup guys, here I am happily paying 2% to claymore I suppose Smiley  Here is my question.  I used to mine at dwarfpool, have my backup at coinmine but I wanted to try out ethermine.  anybody mine there with claymore ?  I cant connect to the stratum server, anybody have any ideas ?

-esm 1    ?

thanks yeah I had that but still doesnt want to connect.  im bummed

use -esm 1 and also "-ewal yourETHaddress.yourworkername" format

It the same format at ethpool

-- edited

if this can help u,i mine in ethermine with this .bat:

EthDcrMiner64.exe  -epool  eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x.....  -epsw x  -esm 0  -ethi 11  -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.pool.mn:4800   -dwal  user.worker  -dpsw pass   -dcri 35  -mode 0  -allpools 1 -wd 0 -etha 0,1
pause

Activity: 190
Merit: 101
I have benchmarked the dualminer versions 1.0 - 4.2 (using 280X and 390)
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I'm new here but wonder every time why no-one RTFM? Ok, not the whole thread but at least the first message with manual and known issues. The issue of temp order mismatch is asked literally on every page of this topic and is well described in the manual on the first page of the thread as well as in the README file of the miner.

This is a known issue, thanks to AMD driver developers. Use -di switch to fix it.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
It seems like the temperature/find GPU ID numbers do not match up with the hash rate ID numbers. GPU3 for temp/fan seems to correspond to GPU2 for ETH hashrate.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Claymore, is this fix relevant to your miner

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/issues/36

It could fix some low difficulty shares, at least in ethminer.  

My miner does not use any sources from ethminer, so any bugs/fixes related to ethminer are not related to it.

Hi Claymore,
I'm also wondering how your miner handles such cases what genoil has fixed here: After having received a new job, will your miner still submit stale shares for the replaced job?

In fact, stale shares are invalid shares. If some pools want to get stale shares I will add such option, but some pools can count stale shares as invalid shares and you will ask me why miner sends more invalid shares. Therefore I will check all popular pools how they work with stale shares, so I can decide if this option must be enabled or disabled by default. Anyway, I will add this option in next update.
BTW, stale shares rate is less than 1% for my miner.

Hi Claymore,

Thanks for taking this up. How about you keep it simple by adding one commendline option to send stale shares and keep the status quo as default?
This way, there won't be a need to check all pools as anyways this could change over time. I heard that miningpoolhub and ethpool/ethermine accept stale shares as they could result in uncles.

Thanks
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Guys, I've been mining with v4.1 at dwarf's, my rigs are stable and everything is fine.

However, I've been loosing hash rate over the last few days  Huh

I've lost 1~2% in three or four days.

Is this normal? Can it be related with the constant DAG growth?

Are you experiencing anything similar?

Yes, yes, I am.  Larger DAG I am fairly sure is the culprit.  Individual cards in the rigs all have less hashrate as well with this new epoch.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
wussup guys, here I am happily paying 2% to claymore I suppose Smiley  Here is my question.  I used to mine at dwarfpool, have my backup at coinmine but I wanted to try out ethermine.  anybody mine there with claymore ?  I cant connect to the stratum server, anybody have any ideas ?

-esm 1    ?

thanks yeah I had that but still doesnt want to connect.  im bummed

use -esm 1 and also "-ewal yourETHaddress.yourworkername" format

It the same format at ethpool

-- edited
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
wussup guys, here I am happily paying 2% to claymore I suppose Smiley  Here is my question.  I used to mine at dwarfpool, have my backup at coinmine but I wanted to try out ethermine.  anybody mine there with claymore ?  I cant connect to the stratum server, anybody have any ideas ?

-esm 1    ?

thanks yeah I had that but still doesnt want to connect.  im bummed
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Guys, I've been mining with v4.1 at dwarf's, my rigs are stable and everything is fine.

However, I've been loosing hash rate over the last few days  Huh

I've lost 1~2% in three or four days.

Is this normal? Can it be related with the constant DAG growth?

Are you experiencing anything similar?

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
wussup guys, here I am happily paying 2% to claymore I suppose Smiley  Here is my question.  I used to mine at dwarfpool, have my backup at coinmine but I wanted to try out ethermine.  anybody mine there with claymore ?  I cant connect to the stratum server, anybody have any ideas ?

-esm 1    ?
Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
Why DCR hashing fail, if ETH-Pool is down?

Because it is senseless not to mine Ethereum if you use this miner. This is Ethereum miner and plus Decred optionally, not vice versa. Just use failover to change eth pool.
Sorry if i come back to this case.

I rent my ETH and DCR hashrate on miningrigrental.
Now a renter has not entered a pool and my ETH has a Job timeout.
This causes, that my DCR hashrate stops also and that is bad when I have rented the DCR hashrate.
Is there no solution that DCR continue hashing with the set intensity (-dcri)?

A ETH failover pool is not really a solution because i get paid from miningrigrental for not hashing ETH.....

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Jump to: