Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1322. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
trying to use dual miner with radeon 6970 and 280x together
catalyst 15.7

280x + 6970 = about 32mh, but rig is rebooting after 5-10 minutes
6970 single = no go
280x single = about 20mh

so is there any way for stable mining with 6970 ?
Activity: 25
Guys, how do you set up Suprnova decred stratum in dpools.txt? I mean

stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252

EPOOLS
# POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x4e017f568c768b8b29b99289eebb6385eec5baf4, PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0
# POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WALLET: 0x4e017f568c768b8b29b99289eebb6385eec5baf4, PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0
# POOL: coinotron.com:3344, WALLET: YourUserName.YourWorkerName, PSW: YourWorkerPass, WORKER: , ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1
# POOL: east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20536, WALLET: 0x4e017f568c768b8b29b99289eebb6385eec5baf4, PSW: x, WORKER: rig.worker, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1
# POOL: us-east1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: 0x4e017f568c768b8b29b99289eebb6385eec5baf4, PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

DPOOLS
# POOL: http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111, WALLET: Redhex.test, PSW: x
# POOL: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252, WALLET: rig.worker, PSW: x
# POOL: stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252, WALLET: DsUanQ3QvmqRZuXe5Uh4Fa4bSy2S9mGHBmD, PSW: x
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
After restart I am getting EthDcrminer64.exe Initialization error 5 on 2 rigs. Genoil works. These rigs worked for months before restart. What is wrong? Is there some time limit or so?

Anyone with idea why?
Activity: 7
After testing 48 hours CDM and Genoil Ethminer - back to Genoil. For me it works better than CDM. Tested on coinotron and ethermine. Now I'm testing the new Version 1.0.8 of Genoil.
Wondering what you mean saying "better" - higher hashrate (or effective hashrate after subtracting DevFee), colder cards, better fallover, etc, etc. Just curious because I used Genoil miner, now using CDM in dual mode.

I mean effective hashrate. Coinotron shows me a 24hours hashrate of 284.7 MH/s, CDM: 271 MH/s.

On Ethermine column "work" is higher by using Genoil for me.

I'm only mining ETH - not dual.
4 rigs: Sapphire R9 390 - OC 1170/1500 Win10

Sure CDM has a lot of features but many of them I dont need. So I use Genoil.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
ok setting that variable doesnt seem to effect the time for http requests  it stays at 200. Also noticed that when i first start the program its showing me as etha 1 for slow cards so i defined it in the command line to etha 0 and it made no diff in speed so i changed it to etha 1 and it slowed me down about 8 % or so across all the cards.. So i think there may be a glitch in hte way CDM 4.2 beta displays the  etha algo when its not defined in the command line(auto mode)..  Its selecting the correct mode just displaying it incorrectly on the output.     Any advice be appreciated.   "C:\Users\Doug\Desktop\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner v4.2 Beta\EthDcrMiner64.exe" -etht 500 -epool http://x.x.x.x:8545

If miner fails to connect it waits for 20 seconds before next attempt. I can add parameter to wait less, but it is not normal mode anyway, you will lose mining speed if you have such problems with connection.
Issue with "-etha" - miner shows it correctly. Check again, the problem must be on your side. If you still think that the problem is in miner, PM me two logs - without "-etha" option and with "-etha" which cause slow down.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
After testing 48 hours CDM and Genoil Ethminer - back to Genoil. For me it works better than CDM. Tested on coinotron and ethermine. Now I'm testing the new Version 1.0.8 of Genoil.
Wondering what you mean saying "better" - higher hashrate (or effective hashrate after subtracting DevFee), colder cards, better fallover, etc, etc. Just curious because I used Genoil miner, now using CDM in dual mode.
Activity: 7
Activity: 438
Is this the best miner for mining ether only? Im not concerned in mining DCR. I have been using this for the last few days on ethpool but i just wanted to make sure this is the best option for single miner.

CDMv42 a startum compliant ETH miner like qtminer - so it is I think the best there is out there, complete with failover, overclocking etc. Even qtminer doesn't have these features.

The other miner like ethminer is not Stratum compliant and still use a "get work from server" method, which is lame - you will be bound to lose $$$ this way.

In order to fix this, many have put a proxy solution so that many workers can hash into a single proxy server into the ETH pool, keeping hash steady...

For CDMv42, we dont need any proxy because the miner is Stratum compliant and will work well with Stratum based ETH pools.

In v42, even the solo mining feature did not need any proxy solution, as it mines directly into Geth, which is fantastic because it direct and does not create any delays.

Others feel free to comment, the above are strictly my opinion only.

My fork of ethminer 0.9.41 May not be as good but it has native stratum, failover, native CUDA support and it's free and open source.

Btw geth uses getwork protocol. Why has nobody forked it to add a stratum server to it?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Claymore

I have a odd issue but its only on my home pc.. I am running it thru sattelite internet pointing it to my farm.. its running about 90 mhs and it randomly is getting this error.. after about the 4th time it will lock up and restart using the watchdog.  Local network miners work like a charm.. Havent had to restart them since release..   Big issue with satellite internet is the latency.. Its around 750 ms round trip min.

DCR: http error # 56
ETH: failed to check work on pool. retryin in 20 sec..

Not sure what i can do to help this.. Is there a way i can change the polling time in ms to access the wallet.. What  im wondering if its loosing access similar to what hte eth proxy did. But it needs to be able to check sooner than 20 second.. Maybe after just a few second or let it be user definable.  

Best REgards
d57heinz

EDIt. ok i think this is it i must have overlooked it?  ill test it  and see if that cures it  
-etht   Time period between Ethereum HTTP requests for new job in solo mode, in milliseconds. Default value is 200ms.

ok setting that variable doesnt seem to effect the time for http requests  it stays at 200. Also noticed that when i first start the program its showing me as etha 1 for slow cards so i defined it in the command line to etha 0 and it made no diff in speed so i changed it to etha 1 and it slowed me down about 8 % or so across all the cards.. So i think there may be a glitch in hte way CDM 4.2 beta displays the  etha algo when its not defined in the command line(auto mode)..  Its selecting the correct mode just displaying it incorrectly on the output.     Any advice be appreciated.   "C:\Users\Doug\Desktop\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner v4.2 Beta\EthDcrMiner64.exe" -etht 500 -epool http://x.x.x.x:8545
Activity: 4
I have been lurking here for awhile. Before I take the plunge and switch software, What kind of hash rate will I get? I have 3 380's, but will be getting more.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251

POOL: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252, WALLET: user.rig, PSW: passwd
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Claymore can you mine to miningpoolhub with only -esm 0 and the 20536 port?  That port corresponds to dwarf proxy implementation.  I tried to mine to the 20535 port using -esm 2 and it didn't work.  That's the coinotron proxy implementation.  Curious, as I've seen the miningpoolhub op say that's the best way to connect to his pool.

Also your example in the first post regarding miningpoolhub does not have the -allpools 1 parameter

This works for me:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20536 -ewal 0x...walletaddress.... -eworker YOURLOGIN.YOURWORKERNAME -epsw x -allpools 1

But you must create same worker on this pool, and perhaps specify same wallet address in account settings on pool (I don't remember).
About missed "-allpools 1": you are correct, I updated OP.

Yes that port works for me too.  I was curious why port 20535 and -esm2 doesn't work.

Because pool doesn't understand wallet as username and requires login.worker style. It works for me:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal YOURLOGIN.YOURWORKERNAME -epsw x -esm 2 -allpools 1

Great, thank you very much.
donator
Miners developer
Claymore can you mine to miningpoolhub with only -esm 0 and the 20536 port?  That port corresponds to dwarf proxy implementation.  I tried to mine to the 20535 port using -esm 2 and it didn't work.  That's the coinotron proxy implementation.  Curious, as I've seen the miningpoolhub op say that's the best way to connect to his pool.

Also your example in the first post regarding miningpoolhub does not have the -allpools 1 parameter

This works for me:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20536 -ewal 0x...walletaddress.... -eworker YOURLOGIN.YOURWORKERNAME -epsw x -allpools 1

But you must create same worker on this pool, and perhaps specify same wallet address in account settings on pool (I don't remember).

Yes that port works for me too.  I was curious why port 20535 and -esm2 doesn't work.

Because pool doesn't understand wallet as username and requires login.worker style. It works for me:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal YOURLOGIN.YOURWORKERNAME -epsw x -esm 2 -allpools 1
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

This works for me:

Activity: 294
Installed and running in minutes without a hitch!

...nice job on the console readouts btw

You are lucky guy. You are in the game when the current version is V 4.2. There are some problems in the early versions.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

donator
Miners developer
He answered this.
https://i.snag.gy/bmDdnu.jpg
Translation of bottom message.
Claymore works badly with failovers and reconnections. Try use Claymore with local proxy with 1+3 failover servers

In fact, I saw that dwarfpool had problems for a couple of days. You can see all miner actions in log files. If it cannot connect, cannot get job, or share accepting time >1sec - it is not a miner problem if everything is working on other pools.
Some people just put different dwarfpool severs in the failover list and when entire dwarfpool is down they ask why miner does not work. Excellent logic Smiley
If dwarfpool admin think that the problem is in miner we can talk about it in details, I'd like to see some proofs. May be he really knows something that I missed, I'm ready to fix it. But right now I have only proofs about recent problems of dwarfpool.
You can check how failover/reconnection works easily - disable network connection in Windows or plug off the network cable.

Does this address -epool eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008 means that im mining on dwarfpool with proxy?

My miner does not require proxy, with these settings you mine on dwarfpool directly by using Stratum. Check "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" section of first message of this thread for more details.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
He answered this.
Claymore works badly with failovers and reconnections. Try use Claymore with local proxy with 1+3 failover servers

In fact, I saw that dwarfpool had problems for a couple of days. You can see all miner actions in log files. If it cannot connect, cannot get job, or share accepting time >1sec - it is not a miner problem if everything is working on other pools.
Some people just put different dwarfpool severs in the failover list and when entire dwarfpool is down they ask why miner does not work. Excellent logic Smiley
If dwarfpool admin think that the problem is in miner we can talk about it in details, I'd like to see some proofs. May be he really knows something that I missed, I'm ready to fix it. But right now I have only proofs about recent problems of dwarfpool.
You can check how failover/reconnection works easily - disable network connection in Windows or plug off the network cable.

Does this address -epool eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008 means that im mining on dwarfpool with proxy?
donator
Miners developer
He answered this.

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

after when  ru server was offline it reconnected to eu server

POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372, WORKER:dw1 , ESM: 0
POOL: eth-us.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372, WORKER:dw1 , ESM: 0
POOL: eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372, WORKER:dw1 , ESM: 0
POOL: eth-asia.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372, WORKER:dw1 , ESM: 0

could very well be that they get ddos a lot .   Due to the size.. i only used them just to test this miner.. Since it was new to me.. Im back solo now tho.. Waiting to pop the first block with this miner.. With 500 mhs i shoudl hit one in next couple days. with decent luck..

Best Regards
d57heinz
Jump to: