Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1391. (Read 6590215 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Tried DCR stratum on  yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
One rejected share after each new job unit (((
Then all accepts till new job.

Update: not after each new job (rejected) ... need more testing ...

It is called "stale shares".
donator
Miners developer
Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine
although I run it on the host system

The same problem when Hyper-V service is active, also on the host.
v1.2 is free of this problem.

I made some changes in exe packer to get less false alarms from paranoid antiviruses, but it caused this issue. I re-uploaded v2.0, download it again and check if the problem is gone.
Activity: 80
Mr. Claymore, can you, please, add -dbg option or another one to duplicate the console output to the separate log file. The current dbg 0 is really too wordy.
Activity: 66

The same problem when Hyper-V service is active, also on the host.
v1.2 is free of this problem.
Activity: 80
Thanks for this update!

How to find in the log when -r option is activated? I mean, if something wrong with a GPU, how to find it in the log file. To understand the statistics.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Tried DCR stratum on  yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
One rejected share after each new job unit (((
Then all accepts till new job.

Update: not after each new job (rejected) ... need more testing ...
Activity: 162
Merit: 104
v2.0:

- Added Stratum support for Decred.
- Added "-esm 2" option for "miner-proxy" Stratum version - for such pools like coinotron, coinmine, etc.
- Default "-dbg" value is "0" now, log file is created by default. You can disable it with "-dbg -1" option.
- If GPU thread hangs and its speed is not updated, miner shows zero speed for that card.
- Added "-wd" option.
- Added "-r" option.
- Additional checks related to DAG files: checking disc space, removing invalid DAG files.
- Bug fixes.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
v2.0:

- Added "-esm 2" option for "miner-proxy" Stratum version - for such pools like coinotron, coinmine, etc.
- Default "-dbg" value is "0" now, log file is created by default. You can disable it with "-dbg -1" option.
- If GPU thread hangs and its speed is not updated, miner shows zero speed for that card.
- Added "-wd" option.
- Added "-r" option.
- Additional checks related to DAG files: checking disc space, removing invalid DAG files.
- Bug fixes.

Thank you for the update, impressive work! Any plans of what to do for the next update?
Also, does it delete old DAG files when generating new ones?

EDIT: Btw, how much fees are you collecting, i.e, how much hashing power is generated from your miner in total?
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Nice, will try cointron now Smiley
donator
Miners developer
v2.0:

- Added "-wd" option.
- Added "-r" option.
- Bug fixes.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
It's not all about hash, more important are shares submitted.

True, but in this case they are the same. I was citing fully realized 24 hour effective hashrate, which is derived entirely from ... shares submitted.   Most important of all is that the pool I am in is paying at the new rate- instead of mid 1.8'ish daily ethereum going into my account, finally it is the full 2-something eth that napkin math and eth calculators always said I should be getting.

Because miners, calculators, and pools all seem to have slightly different ideas about the hashrates rigs actually generate, the truest measure of gpu mining ability is how much ethereum is paid over time. In my rigs, running the Claymore instead of Ethminer, I get more pay.

Check my post right before yours. Both miners are generating pretty much the same amount of money. They changed lead several times and right now the original qtminer got the lead with 0.015 ethers. Its almost 24 hours now. You cant make good comparison if you run the miners one after another. They should be on equals rigs, same time, same pool as I did. Once Claymore release the 1.3 version i will try the eth-proxy mode.
Activity: 93

True, but in this case they are the same. I was citing fully realized 24 hour effective hashrate, which is derived entirely from ... shares submitted.   Most important of all is that the pool I am in is paying at the new rate- instead of mid 1.8'ish daily ethereum going into my account, finally it is the full 2-something eth that napkin math and eth calculators always said I should be getting.

Because miners, calculators, and pools all seem to have slightly different ideas about the hashrates rigs actually generate, the truest measure of gpu mining ability is how much ethereum is paid over time. In my rigs, running the Claymore instead of Ethminer, I get more pay.

But effective hash rate depends to some degree on luck, right? What pool are using now?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Is there any performance gain on ethereum in terms of faster GPU kernel?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

In my rigs, running the Claymore instead of Ethminer, I get more pay.

Same here, but only in pure ETH mode. If I start dual mining mode, I'll lose a significant number of ETH shares. At current DCR prices I don't think it will pay off to spend the extra watts while at the same time decrease ETH income. Just my two cents  Grin
Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

Activity: 223
I put the original qtminer and claymores miner in qtminer mode on separate wallets in the very same time and on the same rigs 20 hours ago.

Original qtminer: http://ethermine.org/miners/0xb6ff214f13443b55b404d31a646c09cb568218e0

claymores miner in qtminer mode : http://ethermine.org/miners/0xf9883c988a05c8b2a4d8a54966ba45dd566617b2

Cant imagine more equal performance. The changed the lead several times but neither got ahead with more than 0.02 Ethers

Equal temperatures too. Both stable, the original got 1-2% invalids, the Claymores got 1% fee so I guess it doesnt matter which one to use in only ethereum mining.

I will put the claymores in eth-proxy mode once the next version is released and test again.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
 Another hashrate test:  1 280x + 2 380.  24 hour effective hashrate rose to 60.3 with Claymore Miner, from previous ~ 55 hashrate range with Ethminer.

Yesterdays different rig of 4 380 cards that rose by 6.6 total hash at expense of 23 extra watts settled own slightly to be gaining 6.4.

Combined, 2 rigs, 7 cards total, gained 11.7 real 24 hour effective hashrate, just slightly less than 9% extra profit even after the devfee, but not considering the 3-4% extra electricity  cost.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Thanks for the answer guys, yeah DCR and ETH is a good match.  I'm just holding all my DCR. When I get enough i'll buy tokens and start the POS.  anybody know how much they cost ?  I havent d/l the client yet.

https://dcrstats.com
Jump to: