Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 173. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Hi! Not able to mine ETH with GTX 1060s 3GB anymore? I am on windows 7 64bit
Currently epoch 230(2.80GB), so if there are Windows tricks to handle the DAG files (increase page file etc) there are most probably info about it, at many places.

I can mine with 3GB cards using Linux for some more time. I forgot the epoch value when Etherium Classic stopped working (Was it 231 or 237? damn that I did not wrote that somewhere).

DO NOT REBOOT YOUR rigs WITH 3GB CARDS IF THEY ARE STILL MINING - YOU WILL RECEIVE DAG FILE ERROR AFTER REBOOT
I have 3 rigs. 2 were rebooted on ETH DAG#229 and stopped mining. The third one was working nice until today it was rebooted. After reboot - DAG error
I used -eres 0 command in claymore and it helped. But I think in epoch #231 it will stop again
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
Currently epoch 230(2.80GB), so if there are Windows tricks to handle the DAG files (increase page file etc) there are most probably info about it, at many places.

I can mine with 3GB cards using Linux for some more time. I forgot the epoch value when Etherium Classic stopped working (Was it 231 or 237? damn that I did not wrote that somewhere).
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 150
is this ´´ project ´´ dead ¿¿
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
chup for example 72.5MHs vs 75.5MHs = -4% for me and +0% for developer. Exactly I'm talking about - with such scenarios we lose all.
zzeleznez it's -2% for You and -2% for Dev. Seems to me that -2% is better than rigs restarting.
Activity: 2
chup for example 72.5MHs vs 75.5MHs = -4% for me and +0% for developer. Exactly I'm talking about - with such scenarios we lose all.
Activity: 736
Me, Myself & I
Good day.

For several years I have been using Claymore's Dual Ethereum on ATI 280, I’m happy with everything and devfee was always on. I respect the work of others and ready to pay for it. I am using hiveos for mining Music and Pirl. But for a month and a half, when switching to devfee Claymore's is turned off with an error of out of memory for Dag file creation. My rigs goes to reboot. I lose five to seven minutes to restart rigs. Could you please fix devfee in the next versions or turn it off for video cards with a small amount of memory eg not only 2GB but 3GB too.
Anyway, DAG will soon grow to 4GB and I think you have to do something with it. Maybe you will switch devfee to a coin with a little DAG for these cards?

Thanks, WBR

In this situation "-nofee 1" switch would slow down Your hashrate for 2% (4%-2%devfee), but prevent reboot downtime.
Good day.

For several years I have been using Claymore's Dual Ethereum on ATI 280, I’m happy with everything and devfee was always on. I respect the work of others and ready to pay for it. I am using hiveos for mining Music and Pirl. But for a month and a half, when switching to devfee Claymore's is turned off with an error of out of memory for Dag file creation. My rigs goes to reboot. I lose five to seven minutes to restart rigs. Could you please fix devfee in the next versions or turn it off for video cards with a small amount of memory eg not only 2GB but 3GB too.
Anyway, ETH DAG will soon grow to 4GB and I think you have to do something with it. Maybe you will switch devfee to a coin with a little DAG for these cards?

Thanks, WBR
Activity: 1
Hi Claymore.
Will you be working on a new version to implement Constantinople changes ?
Are there any changes required at all ?
Cheers mate
Good work
Thanks
Heinrich
Activity: 33
Anyone still gpu mining?  Grin

Have a look at Claymores ETH devfee addresses, Oh yes people are still mining with GPU's but no where near as many as this time last year!

Only those who have an access to very cheap-to-free electricity are still mining. Roll Eyes

Check this out:

How the Crypto Collapse is Hurting Nvidia

https://www.investopedia.com/news/how-crypto-collapse-hurting-nvidia/

Moreover, NVIDIA Stock has plummeted and wiped away 18 months of gains already within two days.

Can someone please define what price is consider to be cheap electricity?
I am still mining at $10c/KWH during sleep, is it cheap? I have been scaled back from a tiny mining farm to just a few dual gpu gaming rigs now. I haven't played any games for many years. The games are a lot better now than the past w/ the dual 1080 gpus. I remember gamers used to complain about the miners, now they are trolling the miners.

When eth price rises, hashpower also increases and mining difficulty increases even faster. So most miners are not very profitable unless the eth price jumps even faster. (make small net profit)
However, when eth price drops, hashpower also drops but the difficulty drops much slower than the hashpower; therefore, mining becomes extremely unprofitable. (lose big time in energy and equipement cost)

As we speak, epoch approaches 228 very soon. W/O update claymore miner will halt by Oct. After eth upgrade to constantinople, probably will reach epoch 299 even sooner.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Claymore still alive ?
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Ok. I have not been mining since April this year. I have Sapphire RX 470 4Gb. First reason was that Windows update that slowed down rig. So I figured it out. Now I have problem getting full hash with this card on windows 10. I keep getting 50% lower hash rate than it can give, around 13.8. Windows version is 17.03. I managed 3 months ago to get 27.4 just to see is it possible to mine with these cards. Then I had to format disc and now I don't know what drivers version was that and how to get full hash. With every driver I tried I get 50% less. Can someone give me advice with this? Someone still mine with this cards?
Man...1709 win updated but without 1803 or 1809 or 1811 ( updates/advanced/feature postponed to 365days )
18.5.1 drivers , with Compute mode "on".
Atikmdag patched, ofc...
Thank you....will try it.
Activity: 15
Good Day Claymore, Sorry for posting this here but is there any chance you can develop i proper Raven miner with all related algos for AMD GPU's. there is a massive gap in the market for it and all available miners are just not worth it.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
How can i autostart the miner with windows but sets a delay about 5mins after windows boot , i tried to make a batch file to load at startup then a timer in the batch starts the miner but it didn't the miner crashes
Anyone knows how to do it the right way?

timeout /t 300
What is the right start command you use after the timeout command , i used start "start batch path" but it crashes

I do it in this way. Here is the bat file that I just add to startup folder:

Code:
REM 1. allow 5 min for windows to settle
timeout /t 300

REM 2. send email notification to myself that miner restarted
powershell.exe -nonprofile -executionpolicy bypass -file C:\path_to_powershell_script.ps1
timeout /t 10

REM 3. load overclocks by OverdriveNtool
start cmd /k "cd C:\path_to_file_with_overclocks"
timeout /t 30

REM 4. start claymore
start cmd /k "cd C:\path_to_claymore_bat_file"
Activity: 41
Hi what encoding do you use that appear in the console and log file ?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Ok. I have not been mining since April this year. I have Sapphire RX 470 4Gb. First reason was that Windows update that slowed down rig. So I figured it out. Now I have problem getting full hash with this card on windows 10. I keep getting 50% lower hash rate than it can give, around 13.8. Windows version is 17.03. I managed 3 months ago to get 27.4 just to see is it possible to mine with these cards. Then I had to format disc and now I don't know what drivers version was that and how to get full hash. With every driver I tried I get 50% less. Can someone give me advice with this? Someone still mine with this cards?
Man...1709 win updated but without 1803 or 1809 or 1811 ( updates/advanced/feature postponed to 365days )
18.5.1 drivers , with Compute mode "on".
Atikmdag patched, ofc...
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Activity: 857
How can i autostart the miner with windows but sets a delay about 5mins after windows boot , i tried to make a batch file to load at startup then a timer in the batch starts the miner but it didn't the miner crashes
Anyone knows how to do it the right way?

The right way would be to use Task Scheduler, create a task there and in the "Triggers" add one that suits you (I normally use sysinternal's autologon + trigger "at logon" in Task Scheduler ) and set the desired delay there.
Jump to: