Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 176. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 3
Hey, anybody ever try fine tuning the -ethi parameter using worksize setting instead of flat intensity?
I did and now I can get around 10% more shares per hour, it's a lot of trial and error but IMO it's worth the effort.
It's best to run tests with low difficulty coin like ether-1 and record the shares per hour.
I use 512 increments and found the optimal setting is usually 1 increment under the exact point where errors first happen. For instance with my 2gb rx560 cards they first give error at -ethi -7680 (15 x 512) and when I drop them to -ethi -7168 (14 x 512) they get the best performance.
i have watchdog error (opencl call) with claymore
while ETH miner works fine
why?
i love claymore because os less power usage but watchdog error kill me

As far as I can guess, you're either trying to overclock too much or trying to undervolt too much. Adjust your overclocking/undervolting numbers till your GPUs are in the position of handling the work with stability.

Are you using Claymore's integrated options or trying to use some driver for that?

I kept having this error too on one gpu, was driving me crazy. Finally solved it by replacing the pcie riser which was faulty.
Ethash mining is much more sensitive than Cryptonight to bad risers.

is there a way to test riser?
how we can sure the problem is from riser?
why ETH miner has no probem with same OC/undervolting but claymore gives watchdog error?

Claymore will break easier and reveal problems that don't come up on ETHminer, when I had a bad riser it did not crash on ETHminer but always gave the watchdog hanging error on Claymore and Phoenix.
Try to find out which gpu is hanging and either give it a new riser or move the suspect riser to another gpu and see if it gives problems.

so you as same as me believe that i got a weak riser right?
claymore react against it but ethminer not?
right?

Exactly, run Claymore and look when you get the watchdog/opencl hang, it will show the GPU that causes it, and most likely that's where your bad riser is.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
hey hey hey

time to dual mine again with siacoin.

Siacoin has just forked. I suppose the miners arn't compatible with the new fork?

thats what i meant. unfortunately, it seems that the dev has abandoned this miner. busy counting money?

I cant find any sia gpu miner either. Guess sia turning into a private chain coin.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Do RTX cards work with this miner yet?
Activity: 197
why?

As far as I can guess, you're either trying to overclock too much or trying to undervolt too much. Adjust your overclocking/undervolting numbers till your GPUs are in the position of handling the work with stability.

Are you using Claymore's integrated options or trying to use some driver for that?

I kept having this error too on one gpu, was driving me crazy. Finally solved it by replacing the pcie riser which was faulty.

why ETH miner has no probem with same OC/undervolting but claymore gives watchdog error?

Claymore will break easier and reveal problems that don't come up on ETHminer, when I had a bad riser it did not crash on ETHminer but always gave the watchdog hanging error on Claymore and Phoenix.
Try to find out which gpu is hanging and either give it a new riser or move the suspect riser to another gpu and see if it gives problems.

so you as same as me believe that i got a weak riser right?
claymore react against it but ethminer not?
right?
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
Hi guys,
Which drivers are you using for gtx 1070, right now?
THX
Activity: 168
oh i see. sorry for my ignorance. Cheesy
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
hey hey hey

Siacoin has just forked. I suppose the miners arn't compatible with the new fork?

thats what i meant. unfortunately, it seems that the dev has abandoned this miner. busy counting money?

you can dualmine the forked coins, not SC
SC is obelisk only

you can try to gain some profits on Hyperspace, SiaClassic & SiaPrime, but I doubt that can compete with the asic hashrate generated from the A3 & S11 machines
Activity: 23
Hey guys!

Now you can count on a completely new calculator!

https://bitverzo.com/mining/amd
hey hey hey

Activity: 98
Merit: 6
hey hey hey

hey hey hey

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

hello can anyone help me after the w10 update, every time i reboot the machine to amd lose the cards i can not put the 5 plates anymore the minera ja formatted reinstalled amd drivers but not to being able to put the 5 together again will i have to to put the newest amd drivers? I have 480x which should I use? thank you.

Any errors encountered?

HAng? miner error? bluescreen?

would greatly help if you could also indicate your current hardware infos

the only error that the update of the windos 10 lost my card works only 2, I have pro btc h81, even changing all the riser and only 2 card works after the update of this month of the windos, formatted and recognized all, after updating again he lost again , I put the Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 driver and it only recognizes 2 and 2 gets problem flagging!

windows update mess

If roll back couldnt do the trick, i guess you would do a fresh install of windows then do these

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stop-windows-10-update-2878646

I already tried to disable everything but anyway he does the update a hehehe terror, but thank you all
Did you reinstall offline?

Yes it was working the 5 cards, but the other day it updated anyway, and lost 3 card only 2 works, I have 2 others and did not give problem only that this in the pro h81btc, I am thinking that the amd drivers but I put another and not worked with the most current, so I do not know which one to use
with this Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-March23 without updating the w10 works the 5 cards, I am now using this Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 and only recognizes the 2 cards,
Just disconnect LAN, reinstall w10, install 18.5.1 driver , turn 365 days in ...Updates/Advanced and than connect LAN and update and do all rest

What? Disconnect Lan? Reinstall w10? What the hell? First asking him if he has flashed the bios of his cards. The cards has the yellow flag with error 43? You must use Pixelclockpatcher after installing the driver and then reboot. it has nothing to do with the win version other things.
Activity: 3
Hi. Does anyone know, if EthDcrMiner64's API contains methods for remote DCRI fine tuning? Or does it plans?
Activity: 20
Haven't really been following along what is happening in the world of dual mining. The rig is just sitting there doing its thing, but I did turn off dual mining some time ago when an ASIC got released and I figured the extra $0.02/month wasn't really worth it and I didn't need the extra heat in the house Wink

Winter is upon us and a little extra heat is always appreciated. If electricity wasn't an issue. What coin would you mine beside ETH?
why?

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

hello can anyone help me after the w10 update, every time i reboot the machine to amd lose the cards i can not put the 5 plates anymore the minera ja formatted reinstalled amd drivers but not to being able to put the 5 together again will i have to to put the newest amd drivers? I have 480x which should I use? thank you.

Any errors encountered?

the only error that the update of the windos 10 lost my card works only 2, I have pro btc h81, even changing all the riser and only 2 card works after the update of this month of the windos, formatted and recognized all, after updating again he lost again , I put the Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 driver and it only recognizes 2 and 2 gets problem flagging!

windows update mess

If roll back couldnt do the trick, i guess you would do a fresh install of windows then do these

I already tried to disable everything but anyway he does the update a hehehe terror, but thank you all

Yes it was working the 5 cards, but the other day it updated anyway, and lost 3 card only 2 works, I have 2 others and did not give problem only that this in the pro h81btc, I am thinking that the amd drivers but I put another and not worked with the most current, so I do not know which one to use
with this Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-March23 without updating the w10 works the 5 cards, I am now using this Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 and only recognizes the 2 cards,
Just disconnect LAN, reinstall w10, install 18.5.1 driver , turn 365 days in ...Updates/Advanced and than connect LAN and update and do all rest
Activity: 5

Any errors encountered?

windows update mess

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

Any errors encountered?

windows update mess

Jump to: