Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 188. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
11.9 is the last version, no new versions are planned.

Troll detected Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 14

don't write this kind of things here, preading FUD is not good in this bear market time, Clay will put a new verision soon, cause we are having the 2080 nVidia series on the market, and I am pretty sure that he can make them run on a high levels of daggerhashimoto mining
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Where did you hear this from?
Activity: 11
Activity: 51
When 12.0?

When Moon???

When ProgPOW implementation?? I know Claymore has been M.I.A. for a while now but one can hope......
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

Hi guys, my RX480 mining rig is having a problem here.
2 out of 6 GPUs hang after 5 mins of mining with Claymore miner, please refer to the screenshot below.
The rig is powered by 2 750w psu.

I’ve tried reseating the risers and lowering the OC, but the result is the same.
Previosly the rig was running at a steady rate , after i relocated the rig, i have this problem.
Any advise is appreciated.

Two 750W power supplies should be enough to power your rig so we can, probably, rule out power problems (as a check use a power monitor on each supply - just to be sure).

A couple of things you could try.
Run the rig with only each of the 'faulty' cards individually to check if there is a problem with the cards - disconect every thing but the card under test.
Strip the rig down completely (leave CPU place) and re-build it, it's the hardware equivalent of "Have you tried switching it of and on again?", you never know what may have been knocked out of place during the move.

Thanks brother.
I’ve temporarily remove the 2 “faulty” cards for now and will try your method in awhile. Will give an update soon.
2 possibilities:
- @ new place 2 cards are overheating
- connection is now worse for those 2 cards/risers/slots

Yes, overheating was one of the things I thought of, but screenshot looks good. The screenshot shows the rig running for only 2 minutes with temps looking OK. Would be a good idea for OP to check temp.
2 minutes means nothing. Rig was working before.  Need 2 days to properly test temps, and even that is not enough as outer temp may vary much.
I just place some temp-sensitive rigs @ colder/better vented places in order to provide them to work long and even that is not enough if outer temperature rise ... Some cards just cut when over 65 celsius. Some work days @ 80s. Some mobos can't stand heat. Some PSUs too. Just 2 degrees is a BIG difference.   
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

2 out of 6 GPUs hang after 5 mins of mining with Claymore miner, please refer to the screenshot below.

I’ve tried reseating the risers and lowering the OC, but the result is the same.
Previosly the rig was running at a steady rate , after i relocated the rig, i have this problem.

Two 750W power supplies should be enough to power your rig so we can, probably, rule out power problems (as a check use a power monitor on each supply - just to be sure).

Run the rig with only each of the 'faulty' cards individually to check if there is a problem with the cards - disconect every thing but the card under test.
Strip the rig down completely (leave CPU place) and re-build it, it's the hardware equivalent of "Have you tried switching it of and on again?", you never know what may have been knocked out of place during the move.

Thanks brother.
I’ve temporarily remove the 2 “faulty” cards for now and will try your method in awhile. Will give an update soon.
2 possibilities:

Yes, overheating was one of the things I thought of, but screenshot looks good. The screenshot shows the rig running for only 2 minutes with temps looking OK. Would be a good idea for OP to check temp.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Activity: 49

How aggressive is your UV? I recently had a card that had been running for a good while all of a sudden need a +10 mV increase to both to keep from hanging after a while. I was pretty aggressive with the undervolting. This was on a RX480.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Thanks brother.

Are you powering up both the cards from same PSU?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

Thanks brother.
2 possibilities:
Activity: 7

https://preview.ibb.co/ew35AU/6312_C615_F089_45_B7_BFFD_C04_DC9_D23410.jpg

Thanks brother.

Activity: 7

https://preview.ibb.co/ew35AU/6312_C615_F089_45_B7_BFFD_C04_DC9_D23410.jpg
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
I am struggling to get my email included in the connection settings for ethermine. 

Can someone please provide a working sample ?

Thanks in advance!

You can configure directly in the pool.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I am struggling to get my email included in the connection settings for ethermine. 

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how it is now but in the past the ethermine dead miner alert email always arrived late.

If you want something more instant just use the Claymore manager and add your email there. You will need some POP3 mail server and its a pain to figure out at first but its the best way to get alerts instantely if any of your rigs go down.

However keep in mind it won't work if at your location your internet is down, if its down then there is not much you can do either way. You can't mine without an internet connection anyways.
Activity: 51

Thanks in advance!

you add your email on the website under the settings tab
Activity: 413
Merit: 17

Thanks in advance!
I ask for help. Previously, there was no such problem. Mining ELLA today became a problem for my GTX1050 2GB. Why do I get a DAG error?
 foto

The current DAG size for ELLA is 1.58GB so your card should still be able to mine ELLA https://crypt0.zone/dag-file-size/ELLA/2229636.
Some of the GPU memory is taken up by other resources (can't remember what) so you would need a bit more than 1.58GB for mining, but I don't think it would be as much as 0.43GB.
Try increasing your swap file size this might help.
To check your sytem, do a test mine on coin with a DAG of less than 2GB and see it that works, I think some of the Cryptonight variants can still do that.

ELLA has a Bitcointalk thread, you may get a better answer there,  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2168042.1800
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
hi, i have 3 rigs with 6 cards on each. asrock h81 btc pro with 6x rx580's bios modded and are all running at 31mh/s per card. i noticed tonight i have 1 rig with all 6 cards giving just 16 mh/s each. i restarted the rig but it's still the same. any ideas what that could be??

Apply this tool:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

A tool? seriously? It's a single key to edit in registry: You are looking to set: "KMD_EnableInternalLargePage"=dword:00000002  in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\000x]
where x = your gpu number, e.g. ...\0001, ...\0002, etc

Yes. this would enable compute mode in amd driver, first better check your gpus location in regedit and ajdust

Sure, it's simple if you have a mixed  rig: in the same folder (e.g., ...\0001) check for DriverDesc key: it will be either  NVidia or Radeon.
Also remember one of the folders will belong to integrated graphics.
Jump to: