Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 187. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
cant wait for the 2080 series results  Grin
I belive that they will burn out some double MHs comared to the 1080 series

Nah... I believe it'll take a lot of time FOR US to take full advantage of these cards.
My guess is that after about a month they'll figure a way to use the tensor cores to improve the hashrate but if the gain is big enough it'll only be made available privately. The rest of us will get a miner with a dev fee like 6 months later, after enough people have managed to crack down on these cards.

An alternative scenario is that there will be no mining farms with the 20 series cards and therefore whatever miner for the 20 series is developed, it'll be available for the public. However I'm more thrilled for Ray Tracing enabled games than mining! Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 14
cant wait for the 2080 series results  Grin
I belive that they will burn out some double MHs comared to the 1080 series
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Any one, need help

Amd openCl platform not found
No Nvidia cuda gpus detected
No amd open cl ar nvidia cuda gpus found, exit

Just over night happen

Any problems related to a driver, the gpus are not being detected.
it's just windows updated ( cumulative one ). DDU etc...

If you updated to 1803 you need to roll back. This has been discussed earlier in the forum.

you do not need to roll back any more, just after the update use DDU and then install latest AMD drivers, it works fine now
Activity: 55
Any one, need help

Just over night happen

If you updated to 1803 you need to roll back. This has been discussed earlier in the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Any one, need help

Just over night happen

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Any one, need help

Just over night happen

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Any one, need help

Just over night happen

A little (in fact a lot) more information would be helpful to help us solve your problem. Some info on your rig setup and posting you config too would go a long way.
Activity: 3
Any one, need help

Just over night happen
Activity: 1
https://bitsonline.com/ether-2-eth-block-reward/
Devs agreed on 2 ethers per block reward instead of 3 as it is now. This will happen with the coming fork in October together with a delay of the difficulty bomb by a year. Last November happened something similar, if I recall correctly. Then the reduced time for a block compensated the miners, so we got the same profit at the end. I hope it will be the same situation this October, or else the mining will end for those with expensive electricity.

Prepare to see a big GPU sell-off.

I'm now going to turn into a gamer. Is there any high-end game that requires 12 high-end GPU's at once and works with only 2 GB RAM + Pentium processor? Roll Eyes

LOL

A couple days ago I was laughing on this post. But here comes the day when mining is no longer profitable for me: doesn't cover my electricity bill.
RX 480, 580, GTX 1070 - all now scrap metal. Anyone wants to buy?
Hello.
In case you want to sell your cards, what are the exact models, condition of them and a price?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Claymore

You have a big work , Nvidia RTX 2070 , 2080 , 2080ti , is coming use a great gddr6 and big bandwitch ( or use Tensor and RTX cores ) .
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
Here's yet another nail in the coffin for us GPU Ethereum miners, another Ethash ASIC miner on the horizon...sometime soon.

"Dubbed Project Lavasnow, Linzhi's new ethereum miner claims to use 1/8th the amount of electricity as Bitmain's ethash miners,
according to a presentation Chen developed for the Ethereum Classic Summit held this week. It also expects to run 1,400 million
hashes per second, compared to 190 from one of Bitmain's AntMiners."
https://www.coindesk.com/a-new-line-of-powerful-asic-miners-is-coming-to-ethereum/

Ethereum DEVs MUST protect GPU Miners or we will be forced to mine other algo coins. Of course, people like Vitalik will still continue to earn millions and could care less..
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Here's yet another nail in the coffin for us GPU Ethereum miners, another Ethash ASIC miner on the horizon...sometime soon.

"Dubbed Project Lavasnow, Linzhi's new ethereum miner claims to use 1/8th the amount of electricity as Bitmain's ethash miners,
according to a presentation Chen developed for the Ethereum Classic Summit held this week. It also expects to run 1,400 million
https://www.coindesk.com/a-new-line-of-powerful-asic-miners-is-coming-to-ethereum/

Don't worry, our GPUs will stay useful:

https://www.svg.com/108511/best-graphics-pc-games-will-blow-mind-2018/

Cry
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Hi, I am product manager of one pool (I will not specify names so they do not banned). We would like to add to our pool the ability to “mine on developer Claymore " - how can we do this? Could you please support with that question? Could we talk about this in private messages?

Are you a product manager and yet you don't know how these forums work? You probably tried to contact Claymore and you couldn't because of your forums rank... Well let me tell you that other members can't contact newbie accounts either
Activity: 1
Hi, I am product manager of one pool (I will not specify names so they do not banned). We would like to add to our pool the ability to “mine on developer Claymore " - how can we do this? Could you please support with that question? Could we talk about this in private messages?
QMC
Activity: 14
thanks for information . it was so useful
I would say skip v12 and go straight to v20 .... you know ... like one company with a green logo did! Roll Eyes
Ofcourse you'd have to make a big leap in the miner as well, like making use of the tensor's core 125 TFLOPS or something.
Activity: 65

I think that is just a speculation. With the existence of  ASIC mining, it is more difficult for the GPU to make profit in the future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
When 12.0?

When Moon???

When ProgPOW implementation?? I know Claymore has been M.I.A. for a while now but one can hope......

Claymore isnt MIA, hes just living the life
Jump to: