Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 189. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
hi, i have 3 rigs with 6 cards on each. asrock h81 btc pro with 6x rx580's bios modded and are all running at 31mh/s per card. i noticed tonight i have 1 rig with all 6 cards giving just 16 mh/s each. i restarted the rig but it's still the same. any ideas what that could be??

Apply this tool:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

A tool? seriously? It's a single key to edit in registry: You are looking to set: "KMD_EnableInternalLargePage"=dword:00000002  in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\000x]
where x = your gpu number, e.g. ...\0001, ...\0002, etc

Yes. this would enable compute mode in amd driver, first better check your gpus location in regedit and ajdust
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I ask for help. Previously, there was no such problem. Mining ELLA today became a problem for my GTX1050 2GB. Why do I get a DAG error?
 foto https://prnt.sc/krpqcx
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
https://bitsonline.com/ether-2-eth-block-reward/
Devs agreed on 2 ethers per block reward instead of 3 as it is now. This will happen with the coming fork in October together with a delay of the difficulty bomb by a year. Last November happened something similar, if I recall correctly. Then the reduced time for a block compensated the miners, so we got the same profit at the end. I hope it will be the same situation this October, or else the mining will end for those with expensive electricity.

Prepare to see a big GPU sell-off.

I'm now going to turn into a gamer. Is there any high-end game that requires 12 high-end GPU's at once and works with only 2 GB RAM + Pentium processor? Roll Eyes

LOL

A couple days ago I was laughing on this post. But here comes the day when mining is no longer profitable for me: doesn't cover my electricity bill.
RX 480, 580, GTX 1070 - all now scrap metal. Anyone wants to buy?

Hmmm maybe hodl the GPUs for a little bit of time? Things can turn around in a month.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
Still nothing from Claymore and at the same time Phoenix team stopped replying
I'm sensing something is going on?
You have no idea. But will be known soon or later!
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
hi, i have 3 rigs with 6 cards on each. asrock h81 btc pro with 6x rx580's bios modded and are all running at 31mh/s per card. i noticed tonight i have 1 rig with all 6 cards giving just 16 mh/s each. i restarted the rig but it's still the same. any ideas what that could be??

Apply this tool:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

A tool? seriously? It's a single key to edit in registry: You are looking to set: "KMD_EnableInternalLargePage"=dword:00000002  in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\000x]
where x = your gpu number, e.g. ...\0001, ...\0002, etc

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Apply this tool:

Activity: 239
Merit: 12
https://bitsonline.com/ether-2-eth-block-reward/
Devs agreed on 2 ethers per block reward instead of 3 as it is now. This will happen with the coming fork in October together with a delay of the difficulty bomb by a year. Last November happened something similar, if I recall correctly. Then the reduced time for a block compensated the miners, so we got the same profit at the end. I hope it will be the same situation this October, or else the mining will end for those with expensive electricity.

Prepare to see a big GPU sell-off.

I'm now going to turn into a gamer. Is there any high-end game that requires 12 high-end GPU's at once and works with only 2 GB RAM + Pentium processor? Roll Eyes

LOL

A couple days ago I was laughing on this post. But here comes the day when mining is no longer profitable for me: doesn't cover my electricity bill.
RX 480, 580, GTX 1070 - all now scrap metal. Anyone wants to buy?
Activity: 154
Merit: 14

check if there was any Windows update that has ruined your blockchain drivers, or what drivers are you using

you can also try to modded them back to stock, install the last driver and put them all to compute mode and "play" with the afterburer or with the -cclock - mclock -cvddc -mvddc to get them back to 31mhs

but it has to be a driver issue....
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
If you are on Windows, check to see if Compute mode is turned on. Also check if Windows update updated the drivers by itself. You can disable driver updates in gpedit to keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers.

gpedit ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

thanks sofar. i am using win 10 and i haven't found a way to disable updates. i have a copy of enterprise which i believe does give you the option to turn off updates. i'll check the drivers tomorrow
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
If you are on Windows, check to see if Compute mode is turned on. Also check if Windows update updated the drivers by itself. You can disable driver updates in gpedit to keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers.

gpedit ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Is there even any need for another update? v11.9 is working all good for me.
Activity: 32

me too. but 11.9 is still churning away.. if we ain't broke... i mean if IT ain't broke.
Activity: 143
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Dont mine at yiimp style pools guys, they are prop pools (for the most part).  That means that you will lose 15-20% due to pool hoppers.

You get a +1 from me on that, I never liked yiimp style pools. I found it to be a bit of a PITA to configure a miner and then I wasn't sure I was mining the right coin (tried a couple coins then dumped yiimp pool for a PPLNS pool).

hehe Thanks.  Yeah well I mean pool hoppers arent on all coins.  Some yiimp pools have a very large % of found blocks for some small coins, so there is no real harm in mining those.  For reference its relatively easy to set up a yiimp pool if you want to have your own private pool.  And for setting up your mine just use this format for password
-p rig_name,d=DIFFICULTY,c=COIN_NAME   

So that gives you as an example -p 1080ti,d=8,c=BTC
But exchanging to btc might not be the best idea.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Dont mine at yiimp style pools guys, they are prop pools (for the most part).  That means that you will lose 15-20% due to pool hoppers.

You get a +1 from me on that, I never liked yiimp style pools. I found it to be a bit of a PITA to configure a miner and then I wasn't sure I was mining the right coin (tried a couple coins then dumped yiimp pool for a PPLNS pool).
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Good suggestion!
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Activity: 70
Can I mine with this mining software also on CPU ?
I would like to mine ETC on my CPU. Yeah I know it is not profitable  Grin

If you are interested in mining with CPU only then there are lots of other coins that are CPU mineable - Google is your friend Smiley
Here is a thread discussing CPU minable coins that might be of interest to you.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/best-cpu-mineable-coins-in-2019-and-cpu-mining-guides-updated-2683343

Yeah I already have a good coin to mine with my cpu but is was just a random question.
Thanks guys
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Can I mine with this mining software also on CPU ?
I would like to mine ETC on my CPU. Yeah I know it is not profitable  Grin

If you are interested in mining with CPU only then there are lots of other coins that are CPU mineable - Google is your friend Smiley
Here is a thread discussing CPU minable coins that might be of interest to you.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/best-cpu-mineable-coins-in-2019-and-cpu-mining-guides-updated-2683343
Jump to: