Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 292. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Goodmorning gentlemans,

I have 2 questions,

I use v10.0 is this ok? Or is better the use always the newest. I have tried newest but for some reason v10.0 works for me more stable at the moment.

its not usually applicable and will always depend on your requirements, new version has new kernels which imprroves a bit in AMD's hashrate, not sure thought with Nvidias as I've seen recent post that it has no significant changes and they've problem on newest versions.

The second qeustion is I have 8 gtx 1060 6 gb. Whats the max mhs ofcourse stable what I can get.
I get now around 23 mh per card OC.

Thx in advanced

Yes, thats fine

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gtx-1060-discussion-thread-1575547
Goodmorning gentlemans,

I have 2 questions,

I use v10.0 is this ok? Or is better the use always the newest. I have tried newest but for some reason v10.0 works for me more stable at the moment.

its not usually applicable and will always depend on your requirements, new version has new kernels which imprroves a bit in AMD's hashrate, not sure thought with Nvidias as I've seen recent post that it has no significant changes and they've problem on newest versions.

The second qeustion is I have 8 gtx 1060 6 gb. Whats the max mhs ofcourse stable what I can get.

Thx in advanced

Yes, thats fine

Many thanks mate for the info
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Goodmorning gentlemans,

I have 2 questions,

Thx in advanced

Yes, thats fine

Activity: 124
and then what? they'll fork ethereum like what they did to BTC and claim it as original ETHEREUM? a.k.a vitaliks vision. lol..

Oops  Grin

Goodmorning gentlemans,

I have 2 questions,

Thx in advanced
Activity: 64
May I ask which GPU is best for mining the two ETH and XMR?

AMD GPU's best for ETH and XMR - RX vegas,

NVIDIA more flexible also good with ETH but not much with XMR compared to AMD

I agree. I use the AMD for ETH and 1080Ti for ZEC.
Goodmorning gentlemans,

I have 2 questions,

Thx in advanced
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community

AMD GPU's best for ETH and XMR - RX vegas,

NVIDIA more flexible also good with ETH but not much with XMR compared to AMD
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
Activity: 19
Merit: 3
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
No hash rate difference from the previous 18.3.3 driver for my two RX 570/580 rigs. It may fix some issues with Vegas though.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-Release-Notes.aspx
Wonder if this would address the random frequent hashrate dips on the Vega rigs... No time for me to do I driver update routine at the moment though, gonna have to wait a couple of weeks regardless.
A ok, thanks
Not worth to upgrade then from 18.3.3

Thank
Paul
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
No hash rate difference from the previous 18.3.3 driver for my two RX 570/580 rigs. It may fix some issues with Vegas though.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-Release-Notes.aspx
New amd radeon driver released with fixes for blockchain use
Have someone allready try it ?

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Highlights

Fixed Issues
Some blockchain workloads may experience lower performance than expected when compared to previous Radeon Software releases.
Activity: 131
Merit: 3
Best miner for rx 560 really gives the highest hashrate  Smiley

Not fastest for my rx 560 rig. I tested both Claymore and PhoenixMiner extensively, PM has slightly more hashrate/less sale shares.
Claymore is more stable though, so when I'm not home I run Claymore to be safer. Both softwares have their pros and cons.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
Having an odd issue.
I am on a cable connection that is usually rock solid. Over the last few days it has been bouncing up and down a lot. They are working on it but could be a while. But not a big deal.

So, usually when there was a drop the miner would recover. Now, after several quick bounces it just locks.
I have had it lock in the past and all I had to do was kill the tread and restart the process and all was good.
Today, with the locking due to what I assume is the cable bouncing I have to actually reboot the rig to get it back.

Now, I know it's possible that I am having other issues in addition to the cable but it just seems to be related.
Is there anything I can check while waiting for cable fix this?

Thanks,
Dave
Activity: 3
Best miner for rx 560 really gives the highest hashrate  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Can you make shorter name for Claymore folder and zip? I can't extract them on Win10.

just extract it to a different folder like c:\minertemp or something.
Activity: 34
i try to use -cvddc option in start.bat file to allocate 825mV to my rx470
the core voltage in bios is dynamic
but it does not work and with the option in start.bat file still GPU-Z show 1000mV
on the wall same
i have to use a program such as sapphire trixx to undervolt each card for -175mV

no reason found yet!!!

Show your .bat file please.
Maybe it will tell someone the reason.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal walletXXX.workerXXX/[email protected] -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -cvddc 825 -mvddc 900

Put -cclock and -mclock as well, so the miner knows to which frequencies to allocate the chosen voltages. 1150/1750 to start with.
Activity: 197
What is the easiest method to push an update to the Claymore mining software for 50+ Linux rigs?

I still haven't found out a method that doesn't give me arthritis lol.

if you use Simplemining OS you just need to update rig group
Jump to: