Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 316. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello guys,
I am a noob miner since 2 months. From 10.6 to 11.4, i have got a same problem.

I have 6 RX588 rig, 30M hashrate for each card.

Sometimes after restarting the Claymore, or after reboot the machine and then start the Claymore, the Hashrate will down to 26 or 27, it may be return to 30 by itself after one or two hour, maybe not.

If i disable the GPU by clicking the number for 5 sec, and then enable it, the hashrate will be return to 30.

Does anyone has the same problem or the solution?

Thanks ~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody else has the same problem?
Activity: 154
Merit: 28
Hey guys,

I still have a number of stale shares on ethermine.org whilst using v11.5. To give you an idea, I regularly get over 10% stale shares. I mine with 2 x GTX 1050ti, 1 x rx470 and 1 x rx480.

So onto the question, Claymore, is it possible to log what gpu is submitting the stale share?

No, because pool doesn't notify miner that the share is stale, you can only see it on pool dashboard

Really?! So how does this option works, if miner does not know about stale shares:

-estale   send Ethereum stale shares to pool, it can increase effective hashrate a bit. Default value is "1", set "-estale 0" if you don't want to send stale shares.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
I think the problem is ethermine servers.
Activity: 11
Hey guys,

I still have a number of stale shares on ethermine.org whilst using v11.5. To give you an idea, I regularly get over 10% stale shares. I mine with 2 x GTX 1050ti, 1 x rx470 and 1 x rx480.

So onto the question, Claymore, is it possible to log what gpu is submitting the stale share?

No, because pool doesn't notify miner that the share is stale, you can only see it on pool dashboard

I think that all shares over 95ms  go to stale shares.  I my case  6  gtx1060 with 11.4  run about 3% stale, but who increment the stale more is the bad quality power wires check the 6 or 8 pin plug male-female, when I make by myself the wires the stales were reduced.
Activity: 27
11.4/11.5 is a highly welcome update, better hashrate stability and much less stales.

Thanks a lot Claymore, keep it going!
Activity: 3
Hi

-oldkernels - solved problems =)
Activity: 14

Bummer, but OK. I'll spit the cards up into two - AMD / NVidia and see what the pool reports.
Activity: 277
Merit: 23
Hey guys,

Activity: 14
Hey guys,

Hi guys,

I just cannot get it in dual mining that ETH have same rate like the claymore said on the first page.

"Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well."

I try to dual mine ETH/PASC but hash rate for ETH falls down from 28 to 18.

Somebody got some explanation?

Thank you

Yes you need to manually set dcri.  Hit the - as it's mining.  This will increase ETH rate and decrease the second coin. You may want to split different dcri numbers between your cards. After you have settled on what you want you can do the dcri in the bat file.
Activity: 2
Hi guys,

I just cannot get it in dual mining that ETH have same rate like the claymore said on the first page.

"Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well."

I try to dual mine ETH/PASC but hash rate for ETH falls down from 28 to 18.

Somebody got some explanation?

Thank you
Activity: 154
Merit: 28
Can I set the epools.txt (dpools.txt) files as an option in command line or in config.txt file? Because switching to another coin I need different alternative pools.
You guys on ethermine have you had any stales from 1030pm central to 130am central?
Is there a way to let claymore control fan with -tt flag (linux amd-pro drivers) without giving it root permissions?

I feel dirty running it as root.

Once you apply that -tt, fans will be controlled by claymore miner to keep the temperature within your specified limits. It has to get all those root permissions else it can't control those deep functions of your GPU for mining.

Yes that is obvious. But it seems claymore is modifying values in /sys/class/drm/card1/device/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable which can be chowned, or setfacl-ed for the specific user. Since app is closed sourced I cannot tell exactly what it is doing.

If claymore could chime in, I could modify underlying permissions on the system so it doesn't need root.
Activity: 26
After 20 hours of mining it looks like 11.5 with -oldkernels 1 solved stability issues.
Also 11.4 and 11.5 stabilized effective hashrate. Thanks Claymore.
Activity: 277
Merit: 23
Ok, so 11.3 was really bad on 11.4 things look pretty good

and stales went from 6% down to 3%

didn't try the latest 11.5 since this seems ok to me, ping to ethermine eu server is 63ms
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
So with 11.5 my stales have gone from 3% to 1% on ethermine

i have 3 or 4 rigs that are unstable even with the oldkernrls flag setSo I downgraded those ones to 10.6 to 10.6 the other with her a few other ones I just left as is and they seem to work
Activity: 82
Bug report:
Somewhere around...

Please, ignore post #22375 on page 1119.

I'm sorry. I've made a mistake in my scripts that control the miner. A flag was wrong. Everything should be OK now that my script is restored. Will be sure when the miner encounters a hung GPU.

you can delete that post if you want
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Hey Claymore, I'd like to thank you, because 11.5 really help me with this new config oldkernels. My rigs are running well, for some hours.
Bug report:
Somewhere around...

Please, ignore post #22375 on page 1119.

I'm sorry. I've made a mistake in my scripts that control the miner. A flag was wrong. Everything should be OK now that my script is restored. Will be sure when the miner encounters a hung GPU.
Jump to: