Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 319. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
What happened guys, i was mining very good with v.11.4 with the fixed stale shares and everything was great  1-2 % stale shares. But now (12 hours already) i got 8-12 % stale shares and nothing was changed. Is there any problem with ethermine ?
Anyone else noticed doubled stale shares last 12 hours ?
Same here, restarted everything and still registering double stales.
Conclusion would be that Ethermine is having some issues or very high fluctuation in hash-rate.

But one thing is certain, the time of uploading a share has increased from 40ms to 60ms now (without any hardware, software or bandwidth changes).

some of ethermine miners only facing high stale shares problem.now i have changed my pool its fine now (from ethermine to nanopool), iam getting 0-1% stales now
Activity: 77
What happened guys, i was mining very good with v.11.4 with the fixed stale shares and everything was great  1-2 % stale shares. But now (12 hours already) i got 8-12 % stale shares and nothing was changed. Is there any problem with ethermine ?
Same here, restarted everything and still registering double stales.
Conclusion would be that Ethermine is having some issues or very high fluctuation in hash-rate.

But one thing is certain, the time of uploading a share has increased from 40ms to 60ms now (without any hardware, software or bandwidth changes).
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
with versions before 11.4 i was getting like 5-8% stale shares. With 11.5 i'm nearly 0. this is awesome. Now the question is: how many people have been saying that having mem errors on your GPU actually increased stale shares?? Some cards i have get stale shares (and was related to mem errors) and now , with more or less the same number of errors, getting 0-1% stale. Someone has to rectify.

btw, stale shares with Nvidia cards on my rig were almost 25%. it was incredibly bad, so i turned it off in search for hardware problems. Now it seems that the problem was not my hardware but the miner. OMG how many hours of headaches.

At least......all seems to run fine now.  
Activity: 55
i am not with Nvidia cards . I am using Sapphire RX580 nitro + 8GB
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
What happened guys, i was mining very good with v.11.4 with the fixed stale shares and everything was great  1-2 % stale shares. But now (12 hours already) i got 8-12 % stale shares and nothing was changed. Is there any problem with ethermine ?

My stales have been very good on 11.4 no issues at all compared to last few builds (on AMD) . There is an issue with NVIDIA I think thought U need to upgrade to 11.5
Activity: 55
What happened guys, i was mining very good with v.11.4 with the fixed stale shares and everything was great  1-2 % stale shares. But now (12 hours already) i got 8-12 % stale shares and nothing was changed. Is there any problem with ethermine ?
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Can someone please help or advise

Claymore doesn't show does not GPU temperature and fan status so I can't use fan and temrature related controls. Commands like -tt, -ttdcr, -ttli, -tstop, -tstart, -fanmax, -fanmin

RX 580 pulse 8 GB GPUs
Driver version 23.20.782.0
Driver date 20/10/2017
Radeon-Software-Crimson-Relive-Edition-17.10.2
MotherBoard B250 MINING EXPERT
Windows 10 ent edition x64

I am able to control fan and temprature via MSI afterburner

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Been running 10.6....has been rock solid. bit the bullet and moved to 11.5 and hash improvements 3.5 mhs per rig...(better than nothing)..

rig 1 x6 580s
rig 2 x6 580s

i forgot to add -oldkernal 1 initially and got a stack of memory errors...and the errors dramatically reduced when -oldkernal 1 was added and hash rate stayed the same.

just notices some instability with the hash rates..jumps to and from 173-181 a fair bit....

my current config:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal xxx.rig1/xxx -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -oldkernels 1

any help would be fantastic.

thanks.

cheers

I too have noticed some fluctuation.  3 to 5% per card.  I have bios modded rx580s.  Very stable though.  I am dual mining keccac.  0 rejected and incorrect. Some stale on keccac none on ETH. 

Hit Z to have it auto tune in mode 1.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
hey guys, how I disable the dual mining just for one gpu? I'm using -dcri 44,44,0,44

but isn't work.

-mode   Select mining mode:
   "-mode 0" (default) means dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining mode.
   "-mode 1" means Ethereum-only mining mode. You can set this mode for every card individually, for example, "-mode 1-02" will set mode "1" for first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc.

You can also hit the keyboard key for the GPU index number shown in the Claymore miner of the GPU you want to turn off dual mining for and it will cycle the GPU single/dual mining on or off.

Great! Tks.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
Been running 10.6....has been rock solid. bit the bullet and moved to 11.5 and hash improvements 3.5 mhs per rig...(better than nothing)..

rig 1 x6 580s
rig 2 x6 580s

i forgot to add -oldkernal 1 initially and got a stack of memory errors...and the errors dramatically reduced when -oldkernal 1 was added and hash rate stayed the same.

just notices some instability with the hash rates..jumps to and from 173-181 a fair bit....

my current config:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal xxx.rig1/xxx -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -oldkernels 1

any help would be fantastic.

thanks.

cheers

Is 11.6 is out where did you get that version? I can only see that the available right now in the main page is 11.5 how come that you already used the 11.6 version? If it is out do you have alink?

------------------------------------------

Oh I see you already corrected the 11.6, anyway i wont change mine.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
hey guys, how I disable the dual mining just for one gpu? I'm using -dcri 44,44,0,44

but isn't work.

-mode   Select mining mode:
   "-mode 0" (default) means dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining mode.
   "-mode 1" means Ethereum-only mining mode. You can set this mode for every card individually, for example, "-mode 1-02" will set mode "1" for first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc.

You can also hit the keyboard key for the GPU index number shown in the Claymore miner of the GPU you want to turn off dual mining for and it will cycle the GPU single/dual mining on or off.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I wont lie , I did have a few rigs unsable with 11.1 - 11.3

What i found is if i turned off dual mining they were fine, so I just left them be

@claymore If our rigs are relatively stable , should we just stay with 11.4 ?

for Nvidia rigs is it really worth it to go 11.5 ? some are saying its unstable , why would that be
Activity: 182
Merit: 13

but isn't work.

Activity: 20
v11.5:

- added "-oldkernels" option (AMD GPUs only), you can try "-oldkernels 1" to use old-style GPU kernels from v10, they can be more stable for hard OC and custom BIOSes.
- a bit reduced stale shares for Nvidia GPUs.

Mr Claymore , can you please add the oldkernels for nvidia also , i have tried all versions after 10.0 and none of them work as good as 10.0 , i dont know if its just me or my cards, (Nvidia 1070 FE)but any other version of miner after10.0 either crashes , or reports 50-80 mhs less to the pool. just make a version of 10.0 and add DAG Epoch to 299 , lot of us dont care for 1.5% more Mhs if we have to keep our rigs 2-4% of time down due to crashes or instability. i believe ppl with lots of miners will agree for a more stable miner then over 1.5% hash more in runtime. let the kids follow phoenix or whatever miner its out there and get wet over 3 shares more , they will all come back after they realize they spend a shitload of time troubleshooting rigs and tweaking clocks just to find out that they lose way way more than they think they win seeing in runtime slightly bigger numbers.
so please focus more on stability and reliability and efficiency of the miner then chasing ghost high numbers. thankyou. (maybe you can make a really stable version based on old stuff "10.0" and add as section called experimenting or testing or beta or whatever upload it to get tested and work from there on the experimental versions )
 Thanks again for your work
I am using now the latest but a little bit confusion about the -dcri value in the previous version the miner is not asking that thing, oh by the way what is exactly work of dcri and what is the best value to put? I am using rx 570 cards mixed with 4 and 8gb memory

GPU #0: apply best detected -dcri value: 12
GPU0 t=58C fan=0%, GPU1 t=53C fan=66%, GPU2 t=49C fan=0%, GPU3 t=51C fan=0%, GPU4 t=49C fan=0%, GPU5 t=51C fan=0%, GPU6 t=53C fan=0%, GPU7 t=51C fan=54%, GPU8 t=58C fan=0%, GPU9 t=57C fan=0%, GPU10 t=52C fan=0%, GPU11 t=58C fan=0%
GPU #1: apply best detected -dcri value: 6
GPU #2: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #3: apply best detected -dcri value: 6
GPU #4: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #5: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #6: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #7: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #8: apply best detected -dcri value: 12
GPU #9: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #10: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #11: apply best detected -dcri value: 10
Automatic detection of best -dcri values completed

P.S

Is it necessary to put the -oldkernels value? Kindly need some help.

Thanks

If you are single mining perfect!  If you want to enter them in the bat file that will save time. They will not change unless you start dual mining.

Only apply oldkernels if you have instability or lots of rejected shares. Try it either way.  It will be slower with it applied.
I just switched a rig over from ETC+XVG (blake2s) to ETC+SMART (keccak).
But my ETC hashrate on RX580s went from 31 mh/s down to 11 mh/s with keccak as 2nd coin.
Obviously this isn't going to work for me.

Anyone else seeing this with keccak as 2nd coin?

Try dcri of 6

7 will get you a bit more keccak but more heat and instability

Play with it. Don't be afraid to have the "hotter" GPUs at 6 and the cooler more stable ones at 7
Activity: 26
But my ETC hashrate on RX580s went from 31 mh/s down to 11 mh/s with keccak as 2nd coin.

Reduce -dcri to 7 at least.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
I am using now the latest but a little bit confusion about the -dcri value, in the previous version the miner is not asking that thing, oh by the way what is the exactly work of dcri and what is the best value to put? I am using rx 570 cards mixed with 4 and 8gb memory, ONly single eth mining

GPU #0: apply best detected -dcri value: 12
GPU0 t=58C fan=0%, GPU1 t=53C fan=66%, GPU2 t=49C fan=0%, GPU3 t=51C fan=0%, GPU4 t=49C fan=0%, GPU5 t=51C fan=0%, GPU6 t=53C fan=0%, GPU7 t=51C fan=54%, GPU8 t=58C fan=0%, GPU9 t=57C fan=0%, GPU10 t=52C fan=0%, GPU11 t=58C fan=0%
GPU #1: apply best detected -dcri value: 6
GPU #2: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #3: apply best detected -dcri value: 6
GPU #4: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #5: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #6: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #7: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #8: apply best detected -dcri value: 12
GPU #9: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #10: apply best detected -dcri value: 8
GPU #11: apply best detected -dcri value: 10
Automatic detection of best -dcri values completed

P.S

Is it necessary to put the -oldkernels value? Kindly need some help.

Thanks
Activity: 20

smartcash more profitable than verge ?

Yes I am using the nicehash keccak pool so you have to account for that too.  I think that is the best way to go.

Keccak profit will disappear once Nicehash upgrades to Claymore 11.x
Jump to: