Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 320. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Whats ur 2nd coin you mine using keccak if dont mind me asking? I was mining Pascal but it is going down the drain...

all dual coins are dead, mine eth only.

Says who? It all depends on the situation.  I pay 10 cents CAD per kwhr for power.  If I mine smartcash it pays the whole power bill for that card and then some.
smartcash more profitable than verge ?

Yes. For RX 570's, XVG is 1 cent profit per day after the incresed power and that isn't counting that you get much less from pools than what the calculator shows.

http://whattomine.com/coins/220-xvg-blake-2s?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1100.0&p=40.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.12&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I have the same amount of ETH incorrect shares dual mining with v11.4 as before over two rigs, at most 1 or 2 per 1000 shares on Nanopool. If you're getting more incorrect shares with v11.4, if probably means your settings were too high to begin with or a Bios mod with too aggressive timings. Use HwInfo to check for memory errors and adjust the memory clock down by 50 MHz until there are no more errors.

Whats ur 2nd coin you mine using keccak if dont mind me asking? I was mining Pascal but it is going down the drain...

I'm mining SmartCash. It's the only dual mining option that's still profitable, though not by much.

http://whattomine.com/coins/197-smart-keccak?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=140.0&d_enabled=true&d=270280.988&p=40&fee=3.0&er_enabled=true&er=0.00001900&cost=0.12&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
@claymore when will you add the ability to solo mine the new dual coins ? The pools are still really not up to par
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

Says who? It all depends on the situation.  I pay 10 cents CAD per kwhr for power.  If I mine smartcash it pays the whole power bill for that card and then some.
smartcash more profitable than verge ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Says who? It all depends on the situation.  I pay 10 cents CAD per kwhr for power.  If I mine smartcash it pays the whole power bill for that card and then some.

i noticed. thanks.

gosh, i was spoiled by higher hashrate already with the new kernels. using old kernels, hashrate swings are noticeable (i dont know if its because my oc has been messed up) and of course the little decrease in hashrate.

guess what, i came back deleting -oldkernels parameter and enjoy higher hashrate, i'll just readjust mclocks whenever incorrect share is logged.

cant go back to old hashrates/kernels anymore.  Grin

atleast we now have options to revert back to old kernels without downgrading.

thanks sir

You may not get improvement with lower clocks. Do you have modified ram timing straps? When I get home I will compare stock bios with new kernel vs modified bios with old kernel in 11.5

really? isn't it the reported hashrate is an indication of speed? as long as you get no hwinfo errors and incorrect shares?

I had 4% incorrect shares no matter how much I slowed down in 11.x  Plus instability.

It's all gone with 11.5 running old kernels
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I have the same amount of ETH incorrect shares dual mining with v11.4 as before over two rigs, at most 1 or 2 per 1000 shares on Nanopool. If you're getting more incorrect shares with v11.4, if probably means your settings were too high to begin with or a Bios mod with too aggressive timings. Use HwInfo to check for memory errors and adjust the memory clock down by 50 MHz until there are no more errors.

Activity: 168

i noticed. thanks.

gosh, i was spoiled by higher hashrate already with the new kernels. using old kernels, hashrate swings are noticeable (i dont know if its because my oc has been messed up) and of course the little decrease in hashrate.

guess what, i came back deleting -oldkernels parameter and enjoy higher hashrate, i'll just readjust mclocks whenever incorrect share is logged.

thanks sir

You may not get improvement with lower clocks. Do you have modified ram timing straps? When I get home I will compare stock bios with new kernel vs modified bios with old kernel in 11.5

really? isn't it the reported hashrate is an indication of speed? as long as you get no hwinfo errors and incorrect shares?

i noticed. thanks.

thanks sir

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I'm still on the 10.6 version, which gives me over 196mhs on my 13 rx560 cards (using linux/hiveos).
From the 11.x version, I lost about 0.800 per card, which means that I lost a big 10mhs for my rig.
Using the 11.4 version, things got a little bit better, but still under 10.6 version. With this version I got 194mhs.
Not tested yet the 11.5 version, but probably the -oldkernels switch will bring me back the best performance I had with claymore.

that is right. But the stale share is less. So you might end more valid shares.

I have similar hashrate for v10.6 and v11.5, but you can try "-oldkernels 1" if you see bad speed. Also you can try "-asm 2" and "z" key to find best -dcri for ETH-only mode.
Activity: 36
I'm still on the 10.6 version, which gives me over 196mhs on my 13 rx560 cards (using linux/hiveos).
From the 11.x version, I lost about 0.800 per card, which means that I lost a big 10mhs for my rig.
Using the 11.4 version, things got a little bit better, but still under 10.6 version. With this version I got 194mhs.
Not tested yet the 11.5 version, but probably the -oldkernels switch will bring me back the best performance I had with claymore.

that is right. But the stale share is less. So you might end more valid shares.
Activity: 80
If you have enough rigs to see good average stats you will notice about 1% less stale shares in v11.5 on nvidia.

Can you explain how CUDA runtime version affects mining? My driver CUDA version is 9.1. Should 9.1 runtime be better for me then 8.0 runtime?
v11.5:

- added "-oldkernels" option (AMD GPUs only), you can try "-oldkernels 1" to use old-style GPU kernels from v10, they can be more stable for hard OC and custom BIOSes.
- a bit reduced stale shares for Nvidia GPUs.

is there a conflict if i have -asm 2 along with -oldkernels 1?

No conflicts. -oldkernels selects source of binaries, -asm selects binary.

i noticed. thanks.

thanks sir
Activity: 2
Cry
Please address this.

Bug report:
Somewhere around version v11.0, the miner's reboot mechanism has stopped to work on Linux. It just idles doing nothing.
miner writes to log:
WATCHDOG: GPU 5 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
Rebooting
Quit, please wait...

It does not call reboot.sh.
Kernel writes "INFO: task ethdcrminer64:1054 blocked..."
Syslog writes "hung task".
The only way of recovery is to reboot the rig.

Observation:
Somewhere between v10.1 and v10.6 the percentage of stale hashes increased from 3% to 8% on ethermine.
Activity: 5
donator
Miners developer
Should I stick with v11.4 with my Nvidia rig?

If you have enough rigs to see good average stats you will notice about 1% less stale shares in v11.5 on nvidia.
donator
Miners developer
v11.5:

- added "-oldkernels" option (AMD GPUs only), you can try "-oldkernels 1" to use old-style GPU kernels from v10, they can be more stable for hard OC and custom BIOSes.

No conflicts. -oldkernels selects source of binaries, -asm selects binary.
v11.5:

Activity: 32
I see some people have problems with latest versions because they use hard OC and/or custom bioses created for old versions. They work fine with old GPU kernels, but I modified kernels in v11.2 and you need to readjust your settings.
For those who cannot do it (or don't want to do it) I can revert some changes and release a version with "old-style" binaries. So I will release v11.5 within a few hours and it will be the only change in this version, so don't upgrade if v11.4 works fine for you.

So what would work better on an rx580:

- stock bios with 11.4
- modified bios with 11.5

or is it just a matter of testing? Is it no longer worth strapping the ram?

The 11.5 should be slightly slower than 11.4

Why? How can you state that?

Should I stick with v11.4 with my Nvidia rig?

Jump to: