Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 322. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I have the same amount of ETH incorrect shares dual mining with v11.4 as before over two rigs, at most 1 or 2 per 1000 shares on Nanopool. If you're getting more incorrect shares with v11.4, if probably means your settings were too high to begin with or a Bios mod with too aggressive timings. Use HwInfo to check for memory errors and adjust the memory clock down by 50 MHz until there are no more errors.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
epic, thanks claymore Cheesy
Activity: 20
Rock solid on all versions (10.0-11.4), my cards are hard moded (bios mods). But the 11.2-11.4 versions increased not only my hashrate but also power constumption as well, where my hashrate increased from 238mh/s to 241mh/s and power drawn for the rig in dual mining mode, from 1500W to 1620W. As I am not going to go through all the trouble with the cards all over again I appreciate the path Claymore is taking.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I flashed my RX 570's back in April 2017.
Claymore's miner has been working stable in version 11.4, 11.3 and any previous version just as well.

I think you guys complaining about crashes must have dodgy memory straps or are just overclocking too far. Just check the log, identify the GPU going down and dial back that OC.
Activity: 20
Hi Claymore, could you elaborate on these kernel change and which "settings" we should be reviewing?
Are you referring to bios mods? (straps, clocks, etc?)  Or referring to -cclock -mclock -powlim -dcri -ethi and those kind of settings?

A little further guidance on your kernel statements would be appreciated.
I think we all assumed that any optimizations done previously should still work (as well or better) with versions 11.2-11.4... 

thank you
Activity: 80
I see some people have problems with latest versions because they use hard OC and/or custom bioses created for old versions. They work fine with old GPU kernels, but I modified kernels in v11.2 and you need to readjust your settings.
For those who cannot do it (or don't want to do it) I can revert some changes and release a version with "old-style" binaries. So I will release v11.5 within a few hours and it will be the only change in this version, so don't upgrade if v11.4 works fine for you.

This change will be related to AMD cards only or to NVIDIA cards too?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
Hi, I was using v11 before using the latest version. In latest version when the DEVFEE starts Claymore creates DAG again.
Why Claymore creating DAG file again?

I assumed it created DAG before also but it just hid it in the cmd script instead?
Activity: 65
Using 11.4 i see that regular oc became over-oc on some videocards, like 5-10%, so it's depending on specific model
Activity: 136
Hi, I was using v11 before using the latest version. In latest version when the DEVFEE starts Claymore creates DAG again.
Why Claymore creating DAG file again?

Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Any luck? I need to translate -96mv from AB to claymore command string too.
You can't, this is not how it works.
Check the voltage in GPU-Z with the offset (0.912V for example), set -cvddc 912 and -mvddc 912 and it should work. You might have to increase it a bit, though.
Activity: 37
Any luck? I need to translate -96mv from AB to claymore command string too.

I am using a modded BIOS and have core voltage = -43mv in afterburner
I want to use Claymore for controlling this and wish to use -cvddc
However I am unsure how to translate the -43mv in AB to claymore- since there are differing voltages at different core clock in the bios whereas in claymore only one voltage is entered.

My bios voltages are as below

MHZ   mV
300   750
588   850
900   850
950   840
980   850
1000   860
1050   870
1100   890
1150   900

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
I see some people have problems with latest versions because they use hard OC and/or custom bioses created for old versions. They work fine with old GPU kernels, but I modified kernels in v11.2 and you need to readjust your settings.
For those who cannot do it (or don't want to do it) I can revert some changes and release a version with "old-style" binaries. So I will release v11.5 within a few hours and it will be the only change in this version, so don't upgrade if v11.4 works fine for you.

Waiting for version 11.5 because my rigs are crashing constantly after the last updates.
Activity: 14

Great!
Include a cmdline switch like "-oldv 1" and only have one binary.
Activity: 56
This is what I've found too with dual mining.  11.3 or 11.4 you have to slow down the cards to get stability but still 4% incorrect shares.

With 11.0 I get slightly slower speeds vs the same card speed but I can turn them up more with stability. I dont have any incorrect shares so far a couple hours in.  The effective speed is much higher.

The incorrect shares is due to the speed boost claymore did, claymore increased memory intensity for the boost and now to make it right people need to reduce their memory clock speed.

Is it also possible those with modified ram straps are seeing more issues?

I guess this could be the issue. I don't have crazy freqs on memory, all zero errors BUT all of my cards have modified straps -> lots of incorrects
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
For AMD RX580 I believe the most stable version ever for me is 11.4 and Driver 18.3.1 -  Thanks.
Activity: 168

Hi,

Claymore could you tell what setting needs to be readjusted, eg. memory clocks or core clock or memory timings?
Is it worth doing? Will the version 11.4 with new kernel work better than 11.5 with old kernel?

Thanks.

i'd like to follow up this question

also, what will you implement in your future releases? will it be old or 11.2-11.4 kernel?

if reverting kernel is the case, could we just delete -asm parameter? because i was in -asm 2 the whole time it all goes to mess. but the boost in hashrate is nice to see.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
My v11.4 just stopped working this morning. Everytime I click to run the .Bat file it loads the settings and then disappears?
Anyone else had this issue?

Gone back to v10.0 for the time being while I investigate.

Think this is the Windows 10 Defender/AntiVirus issue. Put the Miner folder to the exceptions. This should work

I should of guessed.

Removed half of the files so have to replace them and the excuse them for any future scans. (I've disabled it now instead as its naff)

Cheers!

If I had any sMerit left I'd give you some!
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Or one better. Release ver 11.5 where by default it runs the 11.4 kernel and with an option e.g. (-asm 2old) would run the older kernel. From what I can tell the -asm option already supports multiple kernels, its just another.
Option for new/old kernels would be great, otherwise there shoud be a hardfork with 11.6.
Activity: 7

Hi,

Claymore could you tell what setting needs to be readjusted, eg. memory clocks or core clock or memory timings?
Is it worth doing? Will the version 11.4 with new kernel work better than 11.5 with old kernel?

Thanks.
Activity: 76
My v11.4 just stopped working this morning. Everytime I click to run the .Bat file it loads the settings and then disappears?
Anyone else had this issue?

Gone back to v10.0 for the time being while I investigate.

Think this is the Windows 10 Defender/AntiVirus issue. Put the Miner folder to the exceptions. This should work
Jump to: