Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 409. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
And also the heat and power uses goes up with dual mining,
I also stoped it, because i need additional cooling and an extra power supply to
And it is not woth the requirement at this prices for it
I was on ETH and decred as second one
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
has the dust settled on a pool for Verge yet or any other  ?

Thought I would wait a few days till it got a little more stable before starting up the dual mining

Thanks

antpool works fine for me.

that pool disconnects each my rig few times an hour
Activity: 100
Merit: 6

Thought I would wait a few days till it got a little more stable before starting up the dual mining

Thanks

antpool works fine for me.

Thanks

Yes, wait Smiley and the difficulty inbetween rise over the top, so dual mining will not be worth anything...
Activity: 15
Some guys are just mean here.. I know i'm a noob on this forums but cmon we gotta help each other out.. I asked if I should mod my bios and not one person answered me. Anyways I went ahead and did it glad I did and don't know why it took me a year lol.. most cards get me around 29-30 even one card does 31mhs... Now one set of cards gets to 31mhs but with tons of errors.. so i lowered clocks. overnight each card got around 30 errors is this bad? If I clock those cards lower I get MHS lowered then before modded.. Should I try another bios on those? Also if somebody could point me to a good modded vbios repository would be awesome thanks.

For my rig I am having a couple thousand errors in a day. I have 6 Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 total hash 185 Mh for solo mining with 800Watt from wall. System never crashes up to 48 hours. I always restarted system before that time, maybe it could run even further. So i think you can overclock your card a little bit further. Use HWinfo64, overclock each card seperately and if there are no huge number of error in couple minutes you can use that values safely.  

Your system does not need to crash. It can look stable. But you have no idea how much shares you've lost due tu your too overclocked gpus/mem straps. Memory errors indicates, the card is not running comfortable in 100% condition. So you could definatelly have more shares with cards without mem errors. In early days I was alsi running my cards like that and I had no clew what memory errors are. But one day I learned everything needed, optimized my cards, my cards showed lower hashrate, but my overall accepted efective hashrate increased. And that's the point.
I dunno about that.. cause when I get 31mhs(which all my cards can do and more) I get way more shares.. They just keep coming it's crazy.. However I get thousands of errors within 5 min.. I heard that those errors will shorten the lifespan of those cards.. So I dialed back to no errors... So I gotta say that is not the case in my experience.
Activity: 18

Thanks
Some guys are just mean here.. I know i'm a noob on this forums but cmon we gotta help each other out.. I asked if I should mod my bios and not one person answered me. Anyways I went ahead and did it glad I did and don't know why it took me a year lol.. most cards get me around 29-30 even one card does 31mhs... Now one set of cards gets to 31mhs but with tons of errors.. so i lowered clocks. overnight each card got around 30 errors is this bad? If I clock those cards lower I get MHS lowered then before modded.. Should I try another bios on those? Also if somebody could point me to a good modded vbios repository would be awesome thanks.

For my rig I am having a couple thousand errors in a day. I have 6 Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 total hash 185 Mh for solo mining with 800Watt from wall. System never crashes up to 48 hours. I always restarted system before that time, maybe it could run even further. So i think you can overclock your card a little bit further. Use HWinfo64, overclock each card seperately and if there are no huge number of error in couple minutes you can use that values safely.  

To complicate matters, it all depends on the type of RAM your cards have too, which is luck of the draw when you buy them.
You'll get Hynix (best) 30-31Mh/s, Samsung (ok) 28-29Mh/s, or Micron (sucks) 28-29 Mh/s.

My rig has five Sapphire Nitro+ RX480's and one Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 (to replace a dead RX480)
The RX480's have Samsung ram. The RX580 has shitty Micron ram.

You can, with some vendors cards but not all, flash a RX480 with a RX580 bios and get a slight (< 1 Mh/s) performance enhancement.
I did this to simplify driver installation, all cards appear the same to Windows 10 and all use the same patched driver etc...

I've got two custom BIOS images that I use, both derived from the stock 580 BIOS, but one has timings for Samsung RAM and the other Micron RAM.

I'm running at about ~ 175Mh/s, 800W. (Not currently dual mining, not worth the extra 200W heat and wear/tear on the cards.)
(There's the occasional dip to ~ 165Mh/s which I'm currently troubleshooting but may be clock, voltage or fan related.)
Stale shares from the pool are always less than %5.
I get no reject shares, no claymore GPU errors, and VERY FEW HWinFO64 errors. (Most cards are 0, one is 10 to 20, and one gets about 40 a day.)

Thanks.. Why are you solo mining with 6 cards? Thought it's better to do a pool? I have 9 cards and one more on the way.. I'm I doing it wrong? Been mining for about a year now..

Your system does not need to crash. It can look stable. But you have no idea how much shares you've lost due tu your too overclocked gpus/mem straps. Memory errors indicates, the card is not running comfortable in 100% condition. So you could definatelly have more shares with cards without mem errors. In early days I was alsi running my cards like that and I had no clew what memory errors are. But one day I learned everything needed, optimized my cards, my cards showed lower hashrate, but my overall accepted efective hashrate increased. And that's the point.
Activity: 33

It is always good if you prepare your own bios for each card (don't forget to save your original bios). Nobody in this forum will teach you how to make your own bios, it is whole internet about it. But basically I don't except any errors on my cards. Some people say few mem errors a day are not a problem. I say, when card is giving even one error, it it not running well and you are meybe missing some shares, but it is just my opinion.

Thank you .. I will mod that card myself then.. Internet helped lol using polaris bios editor and copying straps.. ...
Activity: 19
what is this in my log ?
after this my Miner crashed

15:53:30:964   828   checked ETH share on CPU, spent 3ms
15:53:30:964   828   ETH: put share nonce af7ca3f01b3b757a
15:53:30:964   828   ETH round found 1 shares

It is always good if you prepare your own bios for each card (don't forget to save your original bios). Nobody in this forum will teach you how to make your own bios, it is whole internet about it. But basically I don't except any errors on my cards. Some people say few mem errors a day are not a problem. I say, when card is giving even one error, it it not running well and you are meybe missing some shares, but it is just my opinion.
Activity: 41
Merit: 3
Is there a proper pool for XVG?   unimining, zpool - not seem to work properly, amount of mined coins is very low

We need big good XVG pools.

Yes, we need, but they should not steal our shares, as lot of others do.

welcome to our fellow russians pool http://xvgminingclub.info/
supported by miningclub.info forum

cпacибo тoвapищ, пoпpoбyю.
Activity: 64
Did you specify the "dcoin" in the config file?

yes. config is working on all other cards except rigs with 470/8gb.
tried SIA, DCR, PASC, B2S...
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
Hi!

I have very strange problem with DUAL mining mode on RX470/8gb cards rigs. ANY second coin on ANY pool gives:
Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
The exactly same settings on rigs with 570/4gb and Nvidia cards work fine. Ethereum works fine everywhere.
in debug log for second coin only: "Stratum - Connected" and 3 sec later "checkread timeout"

all rigs have the same software & hardware except cards.

Did you specify the "dcoin" in the config file?
Activity: 64
Hi!

I have very strange problem with DUAL mining mode on RX470/8gb cards rigs. ANY second coin on ANY pool gives:
Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
The exactly same settings on rigs with 570/4gb and Nvidia cards work fine. Ethereum works fine everywhere.
in debug log for second coin only: "Stratum - Connected" and 3 sec later "checkread timeout"

all rigs have the same software & hardware except cards.

Activity: 55
I have some problem

GpuMiner cu_k04 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
   384   GPU 4, GpuMiner kx failed 1

After that Claymore restart but sometimes my rig freeze..
Never had that problem with previous version.

Anyone can help me?
Activity: 2
hi guys, i have 2 problem:
1) i set my exodus eth wallet  in my bat file but he wont work. i got some total share but i cant see my wallet on nanopool site and i dont see any money on my exodus wallet.
2) i have got a rx 480 nitro+ but when i mining i got only 18 mh/s. if i do benchmark test i can do 23 mh/s. i know, i dont have modded bios but some people can mine more then 18 mh/s with stock bios.
    i tried play with dcri and the best settings is: -dcri 120 (18 mh/s)        thank you so much at all

this is my settings:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x6eC1A07Ce71e1585B1CD39B40C226622cAa39bc5.(my name)/(my email) -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -dcri 120

You will not see any ethereum in your Exodus wallet until you have mined a minimum of 0.2 ETH as minimum pool payout is 0.2 ETH. With a single RX480 this is going to take about 4 months. You can check you expected payouts using this calculator http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=20&p=0&fee=1&cost=0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

I suggest you mine something like a Cryptonight coin, such as Electroneum, as you will at least see something in your wallet every day.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

ohhh perfect, thank you so much Smiley
Jump to: