Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 445. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi all,

I use param "-tt -65" to set static fanspeed 65% but my vga start fan only when temperature's over 60 degrees, and idling 55 degrees, I think it's not good...

So how to config static fanspeed and don't need to care about temperature?? thank you  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
I thought this problem with claymore's eth miner and ethermine.org was solved but again today (( eu server

constant dag regeneration ((
Anyone with the same problem?

No, but I do find your stats interesting in the following way ... I've tuned my 580 to give me an average DAG creation time of 4200ms, and my hash rate is ~ 30.7MH.  If I detune my cards, my DAG creation takes longer and my hash rate goes down.  In other words, they move in sync with the assumption being that a higher memory bandwidth from tuning gives me faster DAG creation and a high hash rate.

Your DAG creation is at about 6500ms, yet your hash rate is is exceptionally high.  Are you running 580's as well?

Just a curiosity.
No, it is 2 gtx1070 (nvidia) from a friend of mine. He asked for help, I looked and discovered this old bug to come again ((
Activity: 9
Hi all.
I have win10 64bit,claymore v10,06 , motherboard asus v7 exp., 8gb ram,one asus strix gtx970 4gb oc. When I turn on claymore i have only 2,699 Mh/s. I am using ethermine.org. Is the graphics card so bat or badly set up? I downloaded 352.xx beta driver old but stil the same. PLS help thx
Activity: 43
When v10.2 added " now miner supports up to #299 epoch.", what's the highest DAG supported by previous versions? Does anyone know? I've got a stable setup with v10.1, I'd rather not update until absolutely necessary.

If your setup is stable, the new miner wont make it unstable, update to 10.6
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
When v10.2 added " now miner supports up to #299 epoch.", what's the highest DAG supported by previous versions? Does anyone know? I've got a stable setup with v10.1, I'd rather not update until absolutely necessary.

Previous versions support up to #199 epoch.
Activity: 2
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Interesting - what is your intensity which you are using for ETH mining?

I have it on standard values but i am not sure if this is ideal. my blue statistics (current effective hashrate) is pretty wild going up and down.

is this generally normal or should i consider raising the intensity? i am not dual mining....

thanks!
"Effective hashrate" will always go up and down and be inconsistent, because it is affected by luck (i.e. how quickly you solve problems, as opposed to the current around 51 second expectation).  The reported hashrate is the only one you can truly adjust by working with your overclock settings.  Memory clock doesn't help true hashrate that much, but the other clock is pretty much directly tied to the best hashrate you can get.

My 1060 6GB got 18.8MH/sec out of the box, but I have it up to 23MH/sec after playing with the overclocking settings until I was truly weary.  Over 20% of much better than most cards are going to see even with the best overclock adjustment settings, so I am lucky or as some say "won the silicon lottery", since I use a generic HP card.  Fortunately for me, they are built by Samsung and have Samsung memory - it makes a difference, if only a little.  Memory clocks don't make that big a difference, but it does let you make other adjustments you just can't get with Hynix or Micron or Elpida DDR5.  My Asus 1080 has Samsung DDR5X memory, so I expect it to be a great performer, even though I am told that - in general - 1080's don't do as well as others relative to hashrate performance.  We'll see...
Activity: 162
Hello,

anyone knows which algo Claymore dev is adding to dual mining ?
thx
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
All mentions - purely arbitrary, purely theoretical calculations.
Solo mining:
Claymore takes 1%, you are left with 99% ETH PoW time (effort)
Ethermine pool takes 1% of your 99% ETH effort
Ideally, you should be left with 98%
Dual mining:
Claymore takes 2%, 98% left, can be truncated to 95% (dual gives more incorrect and stale shares)
Ethermine takes 1% of your 95%
You are left with ~94%
Siamining takes 3% of your Sia effort, Claymore takes none

PS:
1. Siacoin is not anymore viable for GPU mining (difficulty and net hashrate skyrocketed).
2. Luck factor makes the effective hashrate fluctuate 10-15% up and down.
3. For AMD RX, optimal dcri values can boost the ETH hashrate by 2-3%. However, incorrect share ratio tends to be about 1-2%, so it levels out.

-dcri 85
This is your problem. Too high dual mining intensity crashes the GPUs.
While that's true, he must not be keeping up: dual mining is dead for now - until Claymore gets his 10.7 version out (probably a week from his previous statement here?), it will have at least one new algo supported that isn't already being sucked dead by the ASIC miners.

"Give it up!" for now...
Activity: 5
Wait for claymore until he releases new algos for new coins.....

When it's can be released?
I have unusual situation: my PSU made much noise in ETH mode only. So, I have to continue with dual mining in order to reduce the noise. Stupid situation, but can't do nothing. 
Activity: 17
Just set it to only mine ETH:

ETH - Total Speed: 56.275 Mh/s, Total Shares: 2, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: GPU0 26.862 Mh/s, GPU1 29.413 Mh/s
GPU0 t=60C fan=47%%, GPU1 t=49C fan=47%%

Is there anything worthwhile dual mining or is that just adding stress on the cards?

at the moment just adding stress and consuming more energy.
Wait for claymore until he releases new algos for new coins.....
Activity: 3
Just set it to only mine ETH:

ETH - Total Speed: 56.275 Mh/s, Total Shares: 2, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: GPU0 26.862 Mh/s, GPU1 29.413 Mh/s
GPU0 t=60C fan=47%%, GPU1 t=49C fan=47%%

Is there anything worthwhile dual mining or is that just adding stress on the cards?
Activity: 12
I am fairly new at this and have been reading a lot to get up to speed. I have my first rig set up with two RX580 Red Dragon cards (needless to say I should have bought 3 since my plan was to build a trio).
I have the system running pretty smooth with smOS. I am dual mining Ethereum and Sia. One of the cards is not performing as well as the other. Purchased from the same retailer the same day. Probably doesn't mean anything and could still be different chipsets.

Here is what I am currently getting:
ETH - Total Speed: 56.308 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1141, Rejected: 0, Time: 11:18
ETH: GPU0 26.916 Mh/s, GPU1 29.392 Mh/s
SC - Total Speed: 1126.154 Mh/s, Total Shares: 321, Rejected: 0
SC: GPU0 538.314 Mh/s, GPU1 587.840 Mh/s
GPU0 t=64C fan=60%%, GPU1 t=58C fan=47%%

I have it set to:
Core: 1200
Memory: 2200
Undervolting: 950
Powerstage: 2

I have played around with these settings but can't seem to get it to be higher on GPU0.

Anyone have an Idea or is this the best I am going to get?

Thanks.

Mining dual sia is a waste of energy now. With your setup you get 1 or 2 SC a day (maybe 5 cents). What's your speed with solo ETH mining?
Activity: 3
I am fairly new at this and have been reading a lot to get up to speed. I have my first rig set up with two RX580 Red Dragon cards (needless to say I should have bought 3 since my plan was to build a trio).
I have the system running pretty smooth with smOS. I am dual mining Ethereum and Sia. One of the cards is not performing as well as the other. Purchased from the same retailer the same day. Probably doesn't mean anything and could still be different chipsets.

Here is what I am currently getting:
ETH - Total Speed: 56.308 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1141, Rejected: 0, Time: 11:18
ETH: GPU0 26.916 Mh/s, GPU1 29.392 Mh/s
SC - Total Speed: 1126.154 Mh/s, Total Shares: 321, Rejected: 0
SC: GPU0 538.314 Mh/s, GPU1 587.840 Mh/s
GPU0 t=64C fan=60%%, GPU1 t=58C fan=47%%

I have it set to:
Core: 1200
Memory: 2200
Undervolting: 950
Powerstage: 2

I have played around with these settings but can't seem to get it to be higher on GPU0.

Anyone have an Idea or is this the best I am going to get?

Thanks.
Activity: 12
Activity: 2
Hello.
I would like to know if you do have the following problem as mine:
as of yesterday when i turned my computer on/off at DAG Epoch 177 on Ethereum Classic my rig made of 6 x GPU GTX 1060 3gb are having the following error: Cuda Error - could not alocate big buffer for DAG.Check readme.txt for possible solutions.Cuda error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG.
Mining Ethereum is not an issue, but with ETC i get red flag.I have the virtual memory set to min 17000mb - max 20000mb.All the recent drivers, CUDA 9.1 and Open CL.
The only solution that can help me is putting in command line -eres 1 (default is 2), but my hash rate drops to some GPUs to 1 Mh/s from 22-24 Mh/s.
Please help.
Thank you.
Activity: 17
For -ethi see the first page.

i f I set -ethi 7, will this change my hash rate too? or maybe for stability -ethi 9?

I have reboots every  3 to 12 hours.
The higher ETH mining intensity, the more consistent effective hashrate you'll get. If your rig reboots that often, maybe your cards are underpowered?

Interesting - what is your intensity which you are using for ETH mining?

I have it on standard values but i am not sure if this is ideal. my blue statistics (current effective hashrate) is pretty wild going up and down.

is this generally normal or should i consider raising the intensity? i am not dual mining....

thanks!
Activity: 20
With 1 card miner works fine. With 3 cards it just hangs at

"POOL/SOLO version" any1 had this? How to fix?

What is your setup in Claymore start.bat? Your GPUs?

Probably use the same config for the 3 GPUs is hanging.

Turns out my 1000 watt was being drained 1150 watt. So I've downvolted a bit and tore core down until 950 watt is being drawn and it was fixed! Thanks!

my 850w might be being drawing 1150w as well. will have to check
Activity: 162
hello,

since SIA is not minable anymore due to ASIC miners, is it possible for the dev to switch the dual mining to other coins like XVG on blake2s for example?
or maybe implementing other algo compatible with Ethash dual mining?

any ideas?

thx

Ok, I read the CLaymore dev is working on 2 new algo for dual mining and should be out soon
Activity: 239
Merit: 12

Also auto restart is amazing solution, only missing Internet Power Restart, Rig 1 sometimes just block, no internet, black screen so it need manually to be restarted.

Keep up good work Claymore

you could restart it with this:

SainSmart Web TCP/IP 10A Relay Remote Control Kit

I use that without problems!

I use this: TP-Link HS110 WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring
HS100 is a slightly cheaper version without power monitoring.
Can restart the rig from my phone from anywhere.
Jump to: