Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 460. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hello,

can someone explain me why in single mine ETH i get higher Average Hashrate than reported Hashrate and when i use dual mine eth+pasc i get like 10-15% less Average Hashrate than reported on a 24h test.?
On both Single and Dual mine i have 180 mh/s reported hashrate.

Are you sure that the miner isn't restarting when you switch to dual?

I've got to tune my overclock much differently between ETH and DUAL to keep it stable. Dual generates more heat and uses more power as well.
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
No, you are not alone.  I've tried 10.0 and 10.5 and get the same behavior.  The hash rate slowly declines over time.  I'll start at 30.15 and after an hour it'll be at 27.5 or so.  Sometimes it creeps down farther.  I've set the -minspeed 28 to try to get a restart when it happens.  Occasionally it will get stuck just over 28 so it doesn't reboot.  I might tick it up a bit to 29 to see if I can maintain the rate.

I'm on Win10 64-bit FCU using the Aug 23rd Beta BlockChain drivers in a test machine with a single RX580.

To be honest, if I sit and watch it for a bit I can sometimes see it drop the rate while I watch.  I suspect it has a thread or two dying inside and isn't able to relaunch them.  If yours is always after you walk away,  I would head straight into the Control Panel and check to see if you have some power saving mode selected after some period of inactivity.
Activity: 49
use the command -lidag 2 and see if that fixes it.  There is an inrush of power at the DAG generation phase, and your power supply may be too sensitive to it.  By slowing the DAG generation just a bit your power supply may be able to keep up.  I had this same issue on a couple rigs and this fixed it.

Interesting, I used the "-gser 5" to achieve the same thing, I must have missed this one in the readme file.
Activity: 49
Hi All,

I'm trying to get Claymore v10.5 to display temperature/fan speeds while mining without actually controlling the trmps/fans. Reading the readme file it looks like all I need to do is specify "-tt 1" as a parameter, this does not work for me.

I then tried "-tt 1 -tstop 85" to see if it would start monitoring the temps and display them, but, no go.

I'm currently on Adrenaline 17.12.2 driver version, is anyone else having this issue, or, am I doing something silly?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
My rig (6 cards) immediately crashes when I start mining ETH. When I take one random card out it mines stable on 5 cards. It works perfectly on all other coins with 6 cards. I've read in old topics that it could be the PSU but I have a new Corsair 1200W for 6 RX580's so that should be enough. Any way I could test it?

use the command -lidag 2 and see if that fixes it.  There is an inrush of power at the DAG generation phase, and your power supply may be too sensitive to it.  By slowing the DAG generation just a bit your power supply may be able to keep up.  I had this same issue on a couple rigs and this fixed it.
Activity: 73
Hi,
I am Mining Ethereum and Decred (or just Ethereum) with ethermine (and suprnova for Decred).
I have a GTX 1070 (only one, it is my first try on this) in my gaming computer. So I downloaded claymore and followed a few tutorials and explanations about configuring my miner.
I have a good 27.7 Hashrate with stock settings and after OC and some tweaks I have reached 30.5 Hashrate in solo mining.
I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

My problem is that, for example with the stock settings, my 27.7 hashrate only stays if I am somehow using the computer at the same time that I am mining. If I let it mining alone, closing every other program, etc, my Hashrate drops, in 3 or 4 minutes, to 18. And this happens always, after I have been AFK.
After that, the miner remains in 17~19 for hours, being consistent and stable, but at 18 and not at my 27 peaks.
But, if I stays using the computer, the miner remains in 27~28 being consistent and stable.

Do anyone have any clue about what can be happening ?
I already tried tweaking power options and can't make it change a bit. It is still the same (may be it is still the power options and I lacked on changing the proper setting, i don't know).

Thanks a lot. I am pretty knew on mining.

I quote myself to bump my post.
Do anyone have the same issue ? I've been surfing forums all around and can't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks a lot.

No, you are not alone.  I've tried 10.0 and 10.5 and get the same behavior.  The hash rate slowly declines over time.  I'll start at 30.15 and after an hour it'll be at 27.5 or so.  Sometimes it creeps down farther.  I've set the -minspeed 28 to try to get a restart when it happens.  Occasionally it will get stuck just over 28 so it doesn't reboot.  I might tick it up a bit to 29 to see if I can maintain the rate.

I'm on Win10 64-bit FCU using the Aug 23rd Beta BlockChain drivers in a test machine with a single RX580.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
just upgraded to win10 from win7. my rx 470 4gb would not take aug 23 blockchain drivers. After that, I tried recent 18.1 drivers too. System recognizes rx 470 in device manager (with alert (!) ) but will not pair either of the previously mentioned drivers with the rx 470. I have strap timings changed on my 470 but that is all. Anyone have a suggestion besides more DDU uninstall (which is what I will try next).

You need to find, download and run ATI Pixel Patcher ...
Activity: 32
just upgraded to win10 from win7. my rx 470 4gb would not take aug 23 blockchain drivers. After that, I tried recent 18.1 drivers too. System recognizes rx 470 in device manager (with alert (!) ) but will not pair either of the previously mentioned drivers with the rx 470. I have strap timings changed on my 470 but that is all. Anyone have a suggestion besides more DDU uninstall (which is what I will try next).
Activity: 5

Do anyone have the same issue ? I've been surfing forums all around and can't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks a lot.

My guess is, that this is related to GPU's power levels. I use GTX 970 on Ubuntu 16.04 and it has four power levels 0..3. When I'm mining, it spontaneously goes to level 2, but I can force it to level 3, and it gives slightly better hashrate with it.

Check GPU's power level, if it changes as your hashrate changes.

Thanks for your answer. I will walk this road and let you know what happens.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
Hi,
I am Mining Ethereum and Decred (or just Ethereum) with ethermine (and suprnova for Decred).
I have a GTX 1070 (only one, it is my first try on this) in my gaming computer. So I downloaded claymore and followed a few tutorials and explanations about configuring my miner.
I have a good 27.7 Hashrate with stock settings and after OC and some tweaks I have reached 30.5 Hashrate in solo mining.

My problem is that, for example with the stock settings, my 27.7 hashrate only stays if I am somehow using the computer at the same time that I am mining. If I let it mining alone, closing every other program, etc, my Hashrate drops, in 3 or 4 minutes, to 18. And this happens always, after I have been AFK.
After that, the miner remains in 17~19 for hours, being consistent and stable, but at 18 and not at my 27 peaks.
But, if I stays using the computer, the miner remains in 27~28 being consistent and stable.

I already tried tweaking power options and can't make it change a bit. It is still the same (may be it is still the power options and I lacked on changing the proper setting, i don't know).

Thanks a lot.

My guess is, that this is related to GPU's power levels. I use GTX 970 on Ubuntu 16.04 and it has four power levels 0..3. When I'm mining, it spontaneously goes to level 2, but I can force it to level 3, and it gives slightly better hashrate with it.

Check GPU's power level, if it changes as your hashrate changes.
Activity: 4
Hello,

can someone explain me why in single mine ETH i get higher Average Hashrate than reported Hashrate and when i use dual mine eth+pasc i get like 10-15% less Average Hashrate than reported on a 24h test.?
On both Single and Dual mine i have 180 mh/s reported hashrate.
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
Will dual mining still be a thing now that ASICs are comming for SIA/DCR?

I am looking for alternatives to these coins since are not worth mining anymore since ASICs are online already.

Any idea on which other coin to dual mine?

I guess that claymore had to include new algo in the next release else bye bye dual
Activity: 104

Not unless you have free electricity; and even then, it still doesn't make much sense to put the added strain on the cards unless you think that the prices are going to increase exponentially like BTC did, which is a long shot to put it mildly.
Activity: 12
My rig (6 cards) immediately crashes when I start mining ETH. When I take one random card out it mines stable on 5 cards. It works perfectly on all other coins with 6 cards. I've read in old topics that it could be the PSU but I have a new Corsair 1200W for 6 RX580's so that should be enough. Any way I could test it?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Claymore, it is possible to add on remote monitor, a function to detect which gpu is hanging or restarting miner? (fault Gpu)
Activity: 12
Hello.

I have a question about dual mining.  Last night I read a guide and set up ETH and SIA on my 1070 using the following .bat that I gleaned from a guide.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal WALLET.USERNAME/EMAIL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal WALLET/USERNAME/EMAIL -dcoin sia -dcri 16

Obviously I filled in the wallet, email etc.  Then when it started mining I looked on the nanopool website out of interest and let it generate a .bat file for me but there was also an epools and dpools file in the download alongside the .bat file.  I never knew anything about the two other files.  I have since read that these are fallback pools in case the main one goes offline.  Are they needed?

I am also unsure about the devfee and what pools it doesn't work on.  

The reason I am asking is SIA coin was not working and generating any coins even though the pool told me my hashing rate.  I am just wondering if I have missed out anything in my original .bat and if I should set up dpools and epools.  I am also unsure what the option -allpools 1 does and if I should include it.

Cheers.
Activity: 162

I am looking for alternatives to these coins since are not worth mining anymore since ASICs are online already.

Any idea on which other coin to dual mine?
Activity: 17
Hi there!

I have a little miner with 2 GPUs (rx580 and rx470) and it stops working every 4-5 hrs.
The complete system freezes, and does not reboot until a hard reset.
My only clue is the log file:

Code:
19:37:09:933   c48   new buf size: 0
19:37:13:574   f78   GPU0 t=65C fan=59%, GPU1 t=64C fan=59%
19:37:13:574   f78   em hbt: 0, dm hbt: 0, fm hbt: 31,
19:37:13:590   f78   watchdog - thread 0 (gpu0), hb time 172
19:37:13:590   f78   watchdog - thread 1 (gpu0), hb time 94
19:37:13:590   f78   watchdog - thread 2 (gpu1), hb time 78
19:37:13:605   f78   watchdog - thread 3 (gpu1), hb time 15
19:37:14:449   c48   got 248 bytes
19:37:14:480   c48   ETH - Total Speed: 54.929 Mh/s, Total Shares: 241, Rejected: 0, Time: 04:40
19:37:14:480   c48   ETH: GPU0 27.669 Mh/s, GPU1 27.260 Mh/s
19:37:14:480   c48    DCR - Total Speed: 1647.875 Mh/s, Total Shares: 850, Rejected: 14
19:37:14:496   c48    DCR: GPU0 830.083 Mh/s, GPU1 817.792 Mh/s
19:37:29:950   c48   parse packet: 247
19:37:29:950   c48   ETH: job is the same
19:37:29:965   c48   new buf size: 0
19:37:30:012   f78   Got incorrect temperature 295, ignore

pls help me
Activity: 5
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
Activity: 42
Is there any possibility to let the PC reboot, when 1 GPU is stuck?

I mean, I got a reboot.bat and -r 1 and it works if the miner freezes etc.

But one rig has one gpu which is like "offline" after 48+ hours --> then the whole rig is going from 230 mh/s very buggy down to ~150 mh/s. Idk it's funny, then I restart the rig manually and it's fine again..
Jump to: