Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 455. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
hi everybody,

I just join the mining community. I have 2 RX 480 8GDDR5 (1 Asus and 1 MSI) but the problem is that with one of them I reach 25Mh/s and with the other one only 18Mh/s.

Why is this happen? Anyone can help me with that issue?

thx a lot
Use GPU-Z to check memory vendor. I assume the Asus one probably has Samsung, MSI one probably Hynix. You can bios mod to get better speed by using better memory timings. Most cards should hit at least 27-28MH with custom timings, or at least 26MH with simple memory strap copy and a bit of OC. Use HwInfo64 to check memory errors.

As far as memory quality goes, Hynix < Elpida < Samsung.

Both of them have Samsung memory.

For what I see here I think everything is almost the same.

Do you now any good "How to bios update for dummies" tutorial that I can follow?

Without bios mod, going above stock generally makes use of looser timings, which may cause mining to be slower than stock, perhaps the slower miner has this issue.

Just search youtube for polaris bios mod.

In my experience, without pushing clock to high, I can get
~28MH Hynix (~1950 MHz) custom strap
~29MH Elpida (~2000 Mhz) Custom strap
~30MHz Samsung (2030MHz) Ubermix 2.3

Basically use atiflash to pull bios, edit with polarisbioseditor, flash card, run ati pixel clock patcher to remove driver gpu bios check, restart.

Links and timings here.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd-ati/1604567-polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx.html

Make sure to check mem errors HwInfo64
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
...how does the remote monitoring work? Should I open a port in the rig's firewall (windows) and then type 192.168.X.XX:3333 in the browser of any computer of my network?
In the miner folder there is a folder called "Remote Manger". There is a program in there.  Enable monitoring (default port is -3333 (read only)). You can also use browser to just see current output. You don't need to open firewall port if on the same network, just allow miner access first run. If opening port to the outside world, and using positive port (full control), make 110% sure you set -mpsw, there are people that run bots to find miners and overwrite config. You can easily change config remotely with full control which is quite useful, just use locally, or use password.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Hello, nice tip... I’m using the -r 0 config in start.bat and works well... not perfectly, but works.
Well, that is the default, though - you don't need to specify "-r 0" because it will restart when a GPU error occurs or one of the watchdog threads times out.

Yeah, you’re right. I was using -r 1 and then changed to 0 and I forgot that is default. Thanks.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Is this thread compromised then?
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Hello, nice tip... I’m using the -r 0 config in start.bat and works well... not perfectly, but works.
Well, that is the default, though - you don't need to specify "-r 0" because it will restart when a GPU error occurs or one of the watchdog threads times out.
Activity: 2
hey i did find this address :

https://ethermine.org/miners/e47FB8ED4aD43Ec67f11c146662191E145346C71

What do you think ? How is this possible?
He is playing with that graph ... he can write a name there if he want's Smiley))
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
Suggestion:  red colored text should be used ONLY for error messages.  Use yellow for warning type messages.
Activity: 10
I'm having trouble since today to connect to any DCR pool. Apparently there was a change in the mining algorithm and all pool now either disconnects me or rejects all my shares.

Anyone else having same problem?

I tried dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 and stratum.decredpool.org:3343

Change stratum to dcr-api.suprnova.cc instead of dcr.suprnova.cc
Noob here and kind of late in the game but still want to see how things work.

I have a PC with Windows 10, Intel based with eVGA 980 TI video card.  I just downloaded 10.6 version of  Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.6 (Windows/Linux).

I am getting around 10.70+ Mh/s as shown on the Windows console running "ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED"

Is this normal?  If not, what can I do get the yield higher?

If things go well, I am thinking of building a rig with 4 GPUs but we will see.

Thanks,

Rick..

Try to use the configs that claymore have. As cclock, mclock.

I saw an article about your gpu and the average hashrate is 18.5 mh/s. Another tip that I saw for your card is: “I had the same problem. Go to the control panel, 3d settings, and enable "optimize compute performance".”

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gtx-980-ti-ethereum/
When monitoring memory errors in HWinfo, how do they relate to mining?

If there are many errors, does that mean I will get lower reward? Shares rejected? Drop in hash speed?

I don't know if the impact is so directly in a short time, as hours... but when I have a GPU with a lot of memory errors (more than 1 million in a few seconds) I'm able to mine just a few hours using this gpu and then the miner restart or hangs and I need to reboot.

I think this is the most related problem.
I'm having trouble since today to connect to any DCR pool. Apparently there was a change in the mining algorithm and all pool now either disconnects me or rejects all my shares.

I _have_ been seeing a lot of disconnects over the past 24 hours or so.  I thought it was just my 3GB GPU (GTX1060), but it started around two days ago, now.  At first I thought it was related to Claymore 10.6 release because the start of the disconnects increase started about the same time I changed from 10.5, but it still happens with the previous version, so that's not related to the problem.
Same for me, I have many connection issues, they started also with the release of 10.6 a few days ago, I'm on nanopool. Unfortunately I also stopped dual-mining at the same time so I am not really sure if the problems might be related with this. My Hashrate did go down by more than 30% caused by the connection problems. At the moment I don't have time to check the reason so I simply switched to ethminer for the moment. ethminer has no connection issues at all.  

I’m using claymore v10.5 and coinmine.pl as DCR pool. I'm not having any problems. Try to change the pool.
Activity: 4

I _have_ been seeing a lot of disconnects over the past 24 hours or so.  I thought it was just my 3GB GPU (GTX1060), but it started around two days ago, now.  At first I thought it was related to Claymore 10.6 release because the start of the disconnects increase started about the same time I changed from 10.5, but it still happens with the previous version, so that's not related to the problem.
Same for me, I have many connection issues, they started also with the release of 10.6 a few days ago, I'm on nanopool. Unfortunately I also stopped dual-mining at the same time so I am not really sure if the problems might be related with this. My Hashrate did go down by more than 30% caused by the connection problems. At the moment I don't have time to check the reason so I simply switched to ethminer for the moment. ethminer has no connection issues at all.  
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
When monitoring memory errors in HWinfo, how do they relate to mining?

If there are many errors, does that mean I will get lower reward? Shares rejected? Drop in hash speed?
Activity: 68
"You enabled full remote management, but didn't  set -mspw..." What's this error? i didn't change anything on my end and it started when I updated thw minee.

I'm getting this too, but I ended up just adding the following: -mpsw password

Not the actual word password, but a password. I was getting this too until I added that Parameter. Now I get a different issue below:

--

However, I'm getting an issue now, and it's "Srv: No password found in request. Remote IP: 127.0.0.1" -- using SimpleMining OS w/Ethermine Pool and ClayMore ETH 10.6. However, everything seems to be running but I'm getting a:

"Srv: no password found in request. Remote IP: 127.0.0.1"

Here is the command I'm running in SimpleMining: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal WALLETHERE -epsw x -mpsw PASSWORDHERE -mport 127.0.0.1:3333

The -mport with 127.0.0.1 was recommended by SimpleMinign due to some botnet or something along those lines. What am I doing wrong?
See: https://i.gyazo.com/35eddc49b26e7e942101976edf6d6556.png

Any help is super appreciated!

Okay, for the -mport u need to use just the port i think like -mport 3333 ( it is default )

i have not used simplemining but if you send a link when its mentioned about this botnet or something like u say then maybe i can help.

the ip you using is the local one and not the one you can use to remote access the server i think.

Here is a copy of it:

Hello guys again Smiley
Some another security advice worth to read !
Recently more and more botnets are sniffing for claymore API port forwarded on routers in whole internet.
Even when claymore api port is in read-only state it seems that bots still can change mining pool and wallet if port for API(ethman) is forwarded outside.
If you are using claymore miners then i advice to replace -mport -3333 by -mport 127.0.0.1:3333
If you dont have -mport specified in your config then i advice to add this as without it - it will act like -mport -3333 by default !
This way claymore API will be available only at localhost (for stats reading that are sent to dashboard) and not on your LAN IP address.
I changed all default configs to that setting so if you are not sure just look at those examples.
Also please remember not to forward 22 port. If you forward 22 port then botnets will find you in mater of hours i guess.

Here are some articles:
https://cryptovest.com/news/major-botnet-resurfaces-to-pounce-on-claymore-mining-rigs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6yoo47/claymore_hacked/

I have a few computers to miner from one. Can I use -mport 127.0.0.1:3333? I tried, it does not work.
Activity: 6
"You enabled full remote management, but didn't  set -mspw..." What's this error? i didn't change anything on my end and it started when I updated thw minee.

Not the actual word password, but a password. I was getting this too until I added that Parameter. Now I get a different issue below:

--

However, I'm getting an issue now, and it's "Srv: No password found in request. Remote IP: 127.0.0.1" -- using SimpleMining OS w/Ethermine Pool and ClayMore ETH 10.6. However, everything seems to be running but I'm getting a:

Here is the command I'm running in SimpleMining: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal WALLETHERE -epsw x -mpsw PASSWORDHERE -mport 127.0.0.1:3333

The -mport with 127.0.0.1 was recommended by SimpleMinign due to some botnet or something along those lines. What am I doing wrong?

Okay, for the -mport u need to use just the port i think like -mport 3333 ( it is default )

i have not used simplemining but if you send a link when its mentioned about this botnet or something like u say then maybe i can help.

the ip you using is the local one and not the one you can use to remote access the server i think.

Here is a copy of it:

Hello guys again Smiley
Some another security advice worth to read !
Recently more and more botnets are sniffing for claymore API port forwarded on routers in whole internet.
Even when claymore api port is in read-only state it seems that bots still can change mining pool and wallet if port for API(ethman) is forwarded outside.
If you are using claymore miners then i advice to replace -mport -3333 by -mport 127.0.0.1:3333
If you dont have -mport specified in your config then i advice to add this as without it - it will act like -mport -3333 by default !
This way claymore API will be available only at localhost (for stats reading that are sent to dashboard) and not on your LAN IP address.
I changed all default configs to that setting so if you are not sure just look at those examples.
Also please remember not to forward 22 port. If you forward 22 port then botnets will find you in mater of hours i guess.

Here are some articles:
https://cryptovest.com/news/major-botnet-resurfaces-to-pounce-on-claymore-mining-rigs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6yoo47/claymore_hacked/
I have always 89 Mh/s, but seems less increase ETH per day
Algoritm more difficult?
Claymore's 10.0

Yes, look this charts https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty

This is a kind of funny situation, because when the coin’s price rise, more people get interested and start to mine. Sharing the block rewards with more miners each day, do what we are seeing with our eth per day... we are receiving less.
running win10 (upgraded from win7) with rx 470 (19Mh/s) and rx 580 (22.4Mh/s) with 18.1 drivers (compute mode) and strap timings adjusted on the 470. claymore 10.5 crashes after 2-6 hours of running. Tried 10.1 and the same thing happens. System does not reboot after claymore crash it just waits for me to manually start claymore again. It was working fine under win7 (16.10.2 drivers and only rx 470)... anything I'm missing or is there a log I could check to see why claymore crashed? Thanks.

Did you modded your GPUs bios? Are using a specific setup in claymore for your GPUs? As cclock, mclock? Probably for some reason your card are generating a lot of memory errors and crash time to time.

My suggestion, mod you gpu bios, use the blockchain Aug 23 drivers, set the config cclock, mclock, mvddc and cvddc to Rx 580: 1150, 2150, 850, 850 respectively
running win10 (upgraded from win7) with rx 470 (19Mh/s) and rx 580 (22.4Mh/s) with 18.1 drivers (compute mode) and strap timings adjusted on the 470. claymore 10.5 crashes after 2-6 hours of running. Tried 10.1 and the same thing happens. System does not reboot after claymore crash it just waits for me to manually start claymore again. It was working fine under win7 (16.10.2 drivers and only rx 470)... anything I'm missing or is there a log I could check to see why claymore crashed? Thanks.

I have been having some problem that causes the miner to drop out, and checking the *log*.txt files I don't really find anything consistant as far as why.

For the time being, I simply rewrote the "Start.bat" file to remove the ETHDCRMINER64.EXE from the end and replace it with "gomore" and added a "GOMORE.BAT" file that looks like this:

@Echo Off
ETHDCRMINER64 -param1 xx -param2 xx -param3 xx -paramETC xx . . . . . .
gomore
^Z

Which calls itself, thus creating an endless loop (break with C) that just jumps back into the miner.  For the time being, it works.

My problem is curious: sometimes it will run for hours, other times I get an "Unable to create DAG" message requiring an immediate restart.  I have no clue ATM, my GPU temps aren't crazy high, snooping around in the log files, I don't see anything obvious that clues me into what's going on (or going wrong), etc Roll Eyes Grin

By the way previous question: you can look in the *log*.txt files for clues - or not.  I have, but don't have a handle on my problem.  I have done due diligence.  Nothing obvious.

Hi folks,
i have a strange problem and cant find the solution.
only first card will set clocks and power
AMd 18.1.1
Claymore 10.6
2x AMD 580
i configured the clock and memcock of both cards, and power.
i used syntax: -mclock 2200,2200
and so on.

But only GPU 0 (first one) will comply! gpu z says it is at stock clock
i want to tell her that resistance is futile. any ideas?

thanks a lot

Sometimes this happen with me... try something like this: when the miner start, wait until the last setting dag file and then close the miner. Open again and do the same for 2-3 times.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

--

Jump to: