Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 528. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Greetings! My first post here and a noob Wink

It would be nice if someone can take a quick look at my start.bat and advise if I should tweak some parameters.

There's just ONE line:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://eth.suprnova.cc:5005 -ewal username.worker1 -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal username.worker2 -dpsw x

And it seems everything works well below....
Just 1x GPU on my work PC, PowerColor Radeon rx580 (8GB).

I'm just starting to learn about mining with one card above.

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║     Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v10.0      ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth.suprnova.cc:5005
DCR: 1 pool is specified
Main Decred pool is dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
At least 16 GB of Virtual Memory is required for multi-GPU systems
Make sure you defined GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools, "e" or "d" to select current pool
OpenCL initializing...

AMD Cards available: 1
GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480/580
POOL/SOLO version
GPU #0: algorithm ASM
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
Total cards: 1
DUAL MINING MODE ENABLED: ETHEREUM+DECRED
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
"-allpools" option is set, default pools can be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth.suprnova.cc' <149.202.76.194> port 5005
 DCR: Stratum - connecting to 'dcr.suprnova.cc' <217.182.138.167> port 3252
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth.suprnova.cc:5005)
 DCR: Stratum - Connected (dcr.suprnova.cc:3252)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #153...
 DCR: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #153 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU0 DAG creation time - 5608 ms
Setting DAG epoch #153 for GPU0 done
GPU0 t=60C fan=31%
 DCR: 11/25/17-18:59:00 - New job from dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
 DCR: 11/25/17-18:59:15 - New job from dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
GPU0 t=67C fan=46%

Anything else I can do to improve or tweak it with the batch file parameters?
Does the port number looks correct? I read I need to use 5000 instead of 5005 somewhere.

Also, the default command line shown in suprnova.cc (below) is without the "stratrum" pre-fix, but I got lots of authorisation errors without it.

ethdcrminer64.exe -epool eth.suprnova.cc:5000 -ewal username.worker1 -epsw x -esm 3 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal username.worker2 -dpsw x -allpools 1

BTW, I've also tried to mod my GPU BIOS, copying memory lane 1750 to 2000 using Bios editor/ATIwinflash, that's all.
The hash rate still sucks at 20-24MHs, but maybe because I'm also using it as my work PC and connecting a monitor to the GPU for extra screens.

These are the few questions I have so far, thanks in advance for any tips!

Hans
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hello,
I use the 470 (modded Bios - Timings / VCC Offset) with claymore 9.7 i get 27,5 MHS (100 Watt from the wall) before the DAG file Problem.
now i get with Claymore 10.1 only 24,5 MHS - with the lattest driver and with the driver von 23.8 -> what driver do you use for BIOS modded AMD GPUS (Driversetting) to get again the 27,5 MHS?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Guys, what are you dual mining at the moment?
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
I have 5x RX480 (Saphhire Nitro +) with Blockchain drivers and custom BIOS. I'm limited to 1000W power.  I'm currently mining ETH + LBRY but I have some wierd errors. GPU stops every few minutes and then starts again... I tryed lowering dcri but no help.
Now my settings are:

Clock: 1050
Voltage: 950
Memory: 2080
voltage: 950

Can you tell me what settings on GPU do you use for this combination?

I think others have replied to this but just to add my tuppence worth, I think you are sailing to close to the wind with a 1000 Watt PSU and dual mining. It can depend on the PSU you are using, I have a 1000 Watt EVGA Gold (6 card rig) and it worked OK at over 1000 Watts (long story, but put a quick stop to that as it is not recommended). If your rig works OK mining other coins then you are probably over stressing your PSU, remember the rig will take a little extra when it first starts up and if the GPU fans start to run at higher speeds. I found dual mining too stessful for my poor cards.
Get a power monitor and check exactly how much the rig takes from the wall.

Depends on the quality of the PSU and allegedly the ageing of the PSU also reduces its capacity (I think the pace of ageing depends on type of use also).  The rough estimate is about 10% a year so a rough calculation for 6 years of PSU use would be 1000 (0.9^6) = 1000(0.531441) = 531w

Ive wanted multiple PSU setups for ages and its more common now, probably an old deal on servers.   Ive never heard of a PSU tester though, somebody knows no doubt
Activity: 2
Пpoблeмa в тoм чтo xeшpeйт пaдaeт дo нyля и вылeтaeт c oшибкoй?
Cyдя пo лoгaм, y тeбя пepepaзгoн, yмeньши чacтoтy пaмяти и нe paзгoняй ядpo.

y мeня 1 кapтa 1060 c чипaми caмcyнг. paзгoн cдeлaн пaмяти дo 1000 (мaкc), core cklock  +98+110 гдe тo. питaниe нe paзгoнял, ceйчac ктo тo coвeтoвaл чтo чyть дoбaвил пepecтaли вpoдe oшибки быть.

cyть былa в тoм, чтo чepeз вpeмя зaxoжy нa aвтoбepнepe пoкaзывaeтcя 0 гpaфичecкoe ядpo.. a дoбычa идeт. дo этoгo нa этoй жe вepcии мaйнepa 9.3 вce paбoтaлo oтличнo etc sia - мecяцaми нe тpoгaл. и чтo глaвнoe тeмпepaтypa кaк paньшe дo 66-68 в ocнoвнoм мaкc пoднимaeтcя (кoгдa paньшe cмoтpeл) и ceйчac.  нo вcтaeт. кaк тoлькo нa decred пepeшeл нaчaлacь дaннaя cитyaцияSad
p.s тoгдa кaкиe знaчeния лyчшe для paзгoнa мoeй кapты?
eng:
I have 1 map 1060 c chips Samsung. overclocking made the memory to 1000 (max), core cklock +98+110 somewhere. meals are not dispersed, now someone is advised that a little added stopped like mistakes to be made.

the essence was that through the time I go on autobrennero shows 0 GPU.. and mining is done. before on the same version miner 9.3, everything is working fine etc sia - months did not touch. and most importantly, the temperature as before, until 66-68 basically max rises (when looking ahead) now. but it raises. as soon as decred passed began this situation:(
p.s then what value is best for overclocking my card?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I have 5x RX480 (Saphhire Nitro +) with Blockchain drivers and custom BIOS. I'm limited to 1000W power.  I'm currently mining ETH + LBRY but I have some wierd errors. GPU stops every few minutes and then starts again... I tryed lowering dcri but no help.
Now my settings are:

Clock: 1050
Voltage: 950
Memory: 2080
voltage: 950

I think others have replied to this but just to add my tuppence worth, I think you are sailing to close to the wind with a 1000 Watt PSU and dual mining. It can depend on the PSU you are using, I have a 1000 Watt EVGA Gold (6 card rig) and it worked OK at over 1000 Watts (long story, but put a quick stop to that as it is not recommended). If your rig works OK mining other coins then you are probably over stressing your PSU, remember the rig will take a little extra when it first starts up and if the GPU fans start to run at higher speeds. I found dual mining too stessful for my poor cards.
Get a power monitor and check exactly how much the rig takes from the wall.
Activity: 95
i am having quite a bit of issues with various versions of miners.

9.8, 10.0, 10.1

the thing is, I've used all 3 versions on 6 and 12 gpu miners.

the latest miner I've built sometimes freezes after the GPUs have been detected by the claymore miner. Sometimes the vers 9.8 loads immediately, sometimes it takes 5-10s but it seems the later versions 10 and 10.1 takes the longest. sometimes it simply freezes and the whole pc is unresponsive. other times when i try to reboot from windows, this very action causes the entire pc to freeze. closing the miner software doesn't work half the time.

the miner with 12 gpus has 8GB of ram while the 6 miners have 4GB. at first i thought it's due to the ram amount. but every 6 gpu miner with 4 gb of ram is more responsive than the latest miner i've built. the windows version is the same, motherboard's drivers and bios are the same too.

Often this means that I have to reboot manually and sometimes the pc remains in some limbo state where the fans spin but nothing is shown on the screen.

i've tried, reboot, clearing cmos, but this doesn't change a thing.

I doubt it's download errors because I've copied the setup files like amd drivers, gpu bios, gpuz, claymore and other necessary files from the same memory stick and copied to every new miner I've built.
Activity: 281
Your rig might drain up to 1000W during load and PSU fails to deliver the necessary current to GPUs. Get a wattmeter and check your real power consumption.
Good afternoon. Dear author, please see my log. I can not understand why I have pain in my extraction and the CPU goes to 0.https://yadi.sk/d/Xyt4j2C83PvU7J
Your logs abound with "cannot get temperature" errors, that is due to unstable overclocking settings. Lower your OC.

Пpoблeмa в тoм чтo xeшpeйт пaдaeт дo нyля и вылeтaeт c oшибкoй?
Cyдя пo лoгaм, y тeбя пepepaзгoн, yмeньши чacтoтy пaмяти и нe paзгoняй ядpo.
Hio, guys, could someone enlighten me how to run both AMD RX 580 + Nvidia GTX 1070 with the miner? It says in description one can use AMD+Nvidia even mixed. I am on Win 10, 64 bit. Could not find it with the search if the info was already given.
Just run the miner, no specific instruction is needed. Claymore miner will detect both.
If you are looking for dual mining, you can adjust dual coin intensity with -dcri, say -dcri 25,40 (argument values separated by comma for each GPU; Decred intensity 25 for RX580 and Decred intensity 40 for GTX 1070).
I have a problem with the hashrate drop on my RX480 4GB cards (Win 10, beta Blockchain drivers). Driver updates are disabled, all GPUs show 100% OK in Device Manager.
They were hashing at 28-29 MH/s until last week. Now they push only 26-26.5 MH/s at the same algo/coin/frequencies and voltages and the power draw is ~10% lower than earlier.
Thoughts?
Activity: 710
Merit: 502
Hello
I'm trying to make claymore work with VEGA
I get:

AMD Cards available: 2
GPU #0: gfx900, 8176 MB available, 56 compute units
GPU #0 recognized as vega
GPU #1: gfx900, 8176 MB available, 56 compute units
GPU #1 recognized as vega
Cannot build OpenCL program for GPU 0
Cannot build OpenCL program for GPU 1

later it says this:

GPU0, OpenCL error -48 (0) - cannot create DAG on GPU
GPU1, OpenCL error -48 (0) - cannot create DAG on GPU

I'm using lubuntu 1604, with latest rocm opensource drive (which is the only one that works in OpenCL so far with VEGA)

I can mine with the XMR miner perfectly so OpenCL is working!, but for some reason Claymore doesn't see it.

The machine is i3, with 16GB of RAM, SSD, and 2xRX VEGA 56.

any ideas why it doesn't work?
thank you
Indkt.
Activity: 5
I'm new to mining, I have one rig running 6 rx580s. I noticed restarts caused by the devfee being unreachable. I added the nofee switch and mined for 24 hrs nonstop. I'm using simplemining and these are my current settings:

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-us.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1 -mode 1

It's trying to go to us1.ethermine.org and can't get there.

https://image.ibb.co/buhLxm/miner_rebooting.png

Is there something I missed?

update:
I found a reference to us1.ethermine in epools.txt. It was commented out. I removed the # and added my rigname and now the devfee will seems to be mining from us1.ethermine.
But - I am still getting restarts caused by devfee. Now it won't mine us1.ethpool.org. I found this one in config.txt. I'm going to remove the # on it and see what happens. Am I the only one having this problem?

Update 2
Well, fooey. That didn't work. It just restarted after failing to connect to us1.ethermine.org. I'm at a loss here. The only thing I know to do is to use nofee. At least it'll run steady. I'd appreciate some help here, I don't want to steal the man's work but with so many restarts it's actually more shares mined with the slower speeds.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community

setx comands? Isn't that from ETHMINER, not claymore?

Applicable also to Claymore for windows, you can do back read if you want some references

Activity: 231
Hio, guys, could someone enlighten me how to run both AMD RX 580 + Nvidia GTX 1070 with the miner? It says in description one can use AMD+Nvidia even mixed. I am on Win 10, 64 bit. Could not find it with the search if the info was already given.
Activity: 91
Does claymore needs a large Swap partition/swap file on Linux just like on windows? Some are running it on a USB so I guess it doesnt need a lot, is that correct?
I had problems of memory with few GB swap, and getting above 16GB solved my problem...
I just want to confirm if this is on linux?
yes, ubuntu LTS 16.04.3, now 20M swap, 2GB RAM, 6 GPU AMD RX4/580, Claymore 10.1, amdgpu 17.40. all latest.
Activity: 330
Merit: 1
Does claymore needs a large Swap partition/swap file on Linux just like on windows? Some are running it on a USB so I guess it doesnt need a lot, is that correct?
I had problems of memory with few GB swap, and getting above 16GB solved my problem...
I just want to confirm if this is on linux?
Activity: 91
Where can I set below parameters in ubuntu server?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
in the bash script that launch the binary, there should be something like
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
ans so on.
Check if there is a .bash sample, there was few mont ago
Activity: 213
Where can I set below parameters in ubuntu server?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
Activity: 13
GPU stops every few minutes and then starts again...

If it stops, does it start on its own or you have to manually restart it? have you tried to check or replace your risers? in most cases those are the culprits

I use,

Default Voltage
cClock: 1100
MemClock: 2050
power Limit: -20

Yes, on 3 out of 5 GPUs fans stops for second or two and then restarts. On miner window I see one "line" saying hash rade is 0, in the next one there it gets back again to normal. Happens every few minutes.
Risers are not the problem, this don't happens on other algoritams. I think it has to be software error od GPU settings

I tryed few claymore versions, same error.

Can you send me your config file (exclude your personal files) so i can compare?

Did I miss something?

Code:
epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal ETH adress
-dpool dcr-eu.coinmine.pl:2222
-dwal user.user
-dpsw password
-dcoin dcr
-epsw x
-mode 0
-allcoins 1
-nofee 0
-mport -3333

** I use Minerstat **

I don't do dual mining, I embedded my configuration thru my bat file.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool MY_POOL:PORT -ewal MY_WALLET -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1

setx comands? Isn't that from ETHMINER, not claymore?

I think you may have an issue with you PSU : mining ETH draws more power than other crypto, like MNR

What kind of PSU do you have ?

Corsair RM1000X, 900W consumption (tracing with device just for that), I will try lowering my GPU settings to really low values and then see. I mined ETH-DCR before summer in May/June and all was great. I didn't track every detail that changed in Claymore since then, but now I have lot less H/s and that wierd errors.

Jump to: