Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 529. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Claymore not keeping voltage settings. Win 10,  rx580s, blockchain drivers 11 aug. The rig starts normally and the power from the wall looks ok. If one of the cards hangs in Opencl and Claymore restarts, the new voltage is much higher, like the settings are not applied anymore. If I restart the rig, the voltage is back to normal but after a while it goes up again. Any thoughts?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
GPU stops every few minutes and then starts again...

If it stops, does it start on its own or you have to manually restart it? have you tried to check or replace your risers? in most cases those are the culprits

Can you tell me what settings on GPU do you use for this combination?

I use,

Default Voltage
cClock: 1100
MemClock: 2050
power Limit: -20

Yes, on 3 out of 5 GPUs fans stops for second or two and then restarts. On miner window I see one "line" saying hash rade is 0, in the next one there it gets back again to normal. Happens every few minutes.
Risers are not the problem, this don't happens on other algoritams. I think it has to be software error od GPU settings

I tryed few claymore versions, same error.

Can you send me your config file (exclude your personal files) so i can compare?

Did I miss something?

Code:
epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal ETH adress
-dpool dcr-eu.coinmine.pl:2222
-dwal user.user
-dpsw password
-dcoin dcr
-epsw x
-mode 0
-allcoins 1
-nofee 0
-mport -3333

** I use Minerstat **

I don't do dual mining, I embedded my configuration thru my bat file.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool MY_POOL:PORT -ewal MY_WALLET -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Does claymore needs a large Swap partition/swap file on Linux just like on windows? Some are running it on a USB so I guess it doesnt need a lot, is that correct?
I had problems of memory with few GB swap, and getting above 16GB solved my problem...
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I could use a little help with those that are experienced with the Biostar TB250 pro.  I bought a couple to try them out and they are appearing to be real pieces of shit.  I can't get either board to recognize more than 4 cards.  As soon as I install the 5th card, the drivers go bonkers and then only one of the cards posts.  I am trying to install 6 Sapphire rx nitro+ 570 8g cards.  I have enabled mining in the bios and set everything on Gen 2, but this f'ing board will not recognize more than 4 cards.  I have changed all the cards, all the risers three times, tested 2 power supplies, and can't seem to get anywhere.  I have installed the August 23rd block chain drivers, as well as a host of older drivers in Windows 10 to no avail.  Anyone else suffered through this kind of fun and was victorious?  Please share.  Thanks.
Activity: 60
I have found v10.1 version to be highly unstable.
Every day i get all GPU complete failure (all 4 gpu lost by system) I even lowered OC that on 9.8 could work for 3 weeks with no fails.

Now using v10. at the moment it has been 2 days. and it seems to be ok, well better than 10.1

In terms of performance, there is no difference.
Activity: 9
I have found v10.1 version to be highly unstable.
Every day i get all GPU complete failure (all 4 gpu lost by system) I even lowered OC that on 9.8 could work for 3 weeks with no fails.

Now using v10. at the moment it has been 2 days. and it seems to be ok, well better than 10.1
Activity: 27
I just updated my drivers to 17.11.2 and added my ninth and tenth 570s but it is not recognizing them.  Is the FCU required for cards over 8?  For some reason the FCU won't install for me.  Thanks!
Activity: 330
Merit: 1
Does claymore needs a large Swap partition/swap file on Linux just like on windows? Some are running it on a USB so I guess it doesnt need a lot, is that correct?

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
I tried this out, installed it and left it running on the default batch file for a while which I presumes donates to the dev some. I not yet sure of the best settings for Vega but seemed to work easy enough.  Old school mining we did there was switches in command line to pin down various clocks which worked best, havent checked yet if I could do similarly

I'm not a linux guy but trying to learn it more so for the linux guys does claymore's clock settings work in ubuntu 16.04 with amdgpu-pro drivers I'm thinking of switching my rigs over my only concern is overclocking and if claymore works with eth mining great but what if I want to switch to monero

Linux is also supported for Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx, 2xx, 3xx and 4xx, 1GB or more.

There are builds for Windows x64 and Linux x64. No 32-bit support. No NVidia support.

command lines are posted at the start of Thread

Thank you thinking I'm going to give Ubuntu a shot plus I hate the extra crap you have to go through to stop win 10 updates and Microsoft tracks your every move there's no privacy with windows

For updates you stop the update service to halt the constant code spam windows gets in bandwidth and disk activity.  Win+R > services.msc > windows update > startup type > disabled.   Ideally a quarterly update could be done instead all at once but not sure thats an offical thing.
So far as privacy there is the ability to switch off the various trackers microsoft leaves in there, I believe it was a requirement by the EU that this be made possible.  Similar to how every website you goto now asks you to waiver their cookie usage and so on.
If you google iobit and use that util it clears up alot of stuff including a 'winfix' util on their sub menu for this kind of thing.  Probably other utilities specially to do this or guides out there but thats the one I know as it removes clutter optionally for a smaller install space
Activity: 34
Guys I have one rig ehman suddenly can't see anymore. I have opened all ports on this win10 rig, added ethminer to firewall whitelist, checked local IP if I use right one. Dont know what to do more=(
Activity: 403
Merit: 101

If it stops, does it start on its own or you have to manually restart it? have you tried to check or replace your risers? in most cases those are the culprits

I use,

Default Voltage

Yes, on 3 out of 5 GPUs fans stops for second or two and then restarts. On miner window I see one "line" saying hash rade is 0, in the next one there it gets back again to normal. Happens every few minutes.
Risers are not the problem, this don't happens on other algoritams. I think it has to be software error od GPU settings

Can you send me your config file (exclude your personal files) so i can compare?

Did I miss something?

Code:
-ewal ETH adress
-dwal user.user
-dpsw password
-dcoin dcr
-epsw x
-mode 0
-allcoins 1
-nofee 0
-mport -3333

** I use Minerstat **

I think you may have an issue with you PSU : mining ETH draws more power than other crypto, like MNR

What kind of PSU do you have ?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I'm not a linux guy but trying to learn it more so for the linux guys does claymore's clock settings work in ubuntu 16.04 with amdgpu-pro drivers I'm thinking of switching my rigs over my only concern is overclocking and if claymore works with eth mining great but what if I want to switch to monero

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx, 2xx, 3xx and 4xx, 1GB or more.

There are builds for Windows x64 and Linux x64. No 32-bit support. No NVidia support.

Thank you thinking I'm going to give Ubuntu a shot plus I hate the extra crap you have to go through to stop win 10 updates and Microsoft tracks your every move there's no privacy with windows
Activity: 13

I use,

Default Voltage

Did I miss something?

Code:
-ewal ETH adress
-dwal user.user
-dpsw password
-dcoin dcr
-epsw x
-mode 0
-allcoins 1
-nofee 0
-mport -3333

** I use Minerstat **
Grow with community

Grow with community

I use,

Default Voltage
Activity: 13
I have 5x RX480 (Saphhire Nitro +) with Blockchain drivers and custom BIOS. I'm limited to 1000W power.  I'm currently mining ETH + LBRY but I have some wierd errors. GPU stops every few minutes and then starts again... I tryed lowering dcri but no help.
Now my settings are:

Clock: 1050
Voltage: 950
Memory: 2080
voltage: 950

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 2
Good afternoon. Dear author, please see my log. I can not understand why I have pain in my extraction and the CPU goes to 0. before that sia etc everything was fine. Now etc dcr - lives and works much less. use the 9.3 version. On the above beta I tried, even with a stable production etc sia fall off after an hour-5

https://yadi.sk/d/Xyt4j2C83PvU7J
Activity: 5
 Hi there I started using Claymore's v10.1 yesterday,since then my hash rate has remained the same
 but stale shares have trippled.I started with the same settings I used with v10.0 and have tried tweaking
 GPU settings and the like but my stale shares are still tripple that of v10.0. Has anyone else come across this issue?
Should/Can I just use v10.0 instead?

I've noticed the same problem on Clay 10.1, even more than 20% of stale shares with Ethermine eu1.

Rebooting everyday...

I've seen the same, switched to eu2.ethermine.org, and has been fine for last 3 weeks, been getting between 2-5% stale.

Then suddenly it shot up to 15-20% Stale, so switched to us1.ethermine.org, seems to be stable for last 48 hours, back to 3% stale.

Thanks for the help,I'll give it a try asap and post the result soon good or bad.

I had no luck switching pools so I have just switched back to v10.0,I'll let it run a few hours hopefully
its the answer.

I take my last comment back, didn't last long. WTF is going on with ethermine lately?

Has anyone experienced issues with other pools?

I'm on us1.ethermine and i'm getting constant 3-4% stale shares.

Did you already checked your card's OC? How's your incorrect shares looking?

Switching back to v10.0 has resolved my issues,I suggest you give it a try
if you haven't already its been 30hrs since I did.Stale shares are at an acceptable rate
again.My OC has not changed I did a full windows reset when i started having issues
 v10.1 was clearly my issue. I'm going to get do some more homework on v10.1 and
see if its something I'm doing wrong.
   I'm running 2x rog strix 1050 ti (OC core 1404mhz/mem 4484mhz) on am3 platform
 with fx-8350 @31Mh/s and 2-3% stale shares ETH mode only. 

Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
 Hi there I started using Claymore's v10.1 yesterday,since then my hash rate has remained the same
 but stale shares have trippled.I started with the same settings I used with v10.0 and have tried tweaking
 GPU settings and the like but my stale shares are still tripple that of v10.0. Has anyone else come across this issue?
Should/Can I just use v10.0 instead?

I've noticed the same problem on Clay 10.1, even more than 20% of stale shares with Ethermine eu1.

Rebooting everyday...

I've seen the same, switched to eu2.ethermine.org, and has been fine for last 3 weeks, been getting between 2-5% stale.

Then suddenly it shot up to 15-20% Stale, so switched to us1.ethermine.org, seems to be stable for last 48 hours, back to 3% stale.

Thanks for the help,I'll give it a try asap and post the result soon good or bad.

I had no luck switching pools so I have just switched back to v10.0,I'll let it run a few hours hopefully
its the answer.

I take my last comment back, didn't last long. WTF is going on with ethermine lately?

Has anyone experienced issues with other pools?

I'm on us1.ethermine and i'm getting constant 3-4% stale shares.

Did you already checked your card's OC? How's your incorrect shares looking?
Jump to: