Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 58. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello everyone
I have a problem with showing GPU temperature and fan speed
I've been using Clayimore on my rig with 6x GTX 1070 for a while and it's worked fine so far.
I use Claymore v15.0, MSI Afterburner 4.6.2, Windows 10

Now I use old Nvidia drivers (concretely 430.86 ) but when I put in new drivers ( i tried with 441.66, 441.87 and 442.19 )
Clayimore starts working fine but does not show me the GPUs temperature and fan speed Sad

When I run Claymore with new drivers I'm getting the message " NVIDIA NVML library not found, temperature monitoring for NVIDIA GPUs disabled "

When I restore old drivers everything is back to normal, again I see GPUs temperatures and fan speed
Why I dont have the GPUs temperature and fan speed ?
Where am I doing wrong ? what's the problem ?

Please help
Activity: 221
Merit: 12
my rx 5700s are humming nicely at 50mhs each. but i wonder if they can pushed even further?  Roll Eyes
51 with Phoenixminer

My results with 5700: https://youtu.be/0NfqtrsILYY
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
Hi guys
Yesterday i found very strange behavior of claymore v15.
virtual memory was set to 32Gb, i have 6 cards on this rig.they are rx 480, rx 570, rx 580 etc...
they were hashing at 30.6Mhz, 32.5Mhz etc....
Then i decided increase virtual memory to 52GB and i did it.Guess what happened??? my hashrate lowered to 19.0Mhz, 24.0Mhz, 14.0Mhz etc....only 1 card stayed at 32 Mhz.
Then i put back to 32Gb and it worked like before.
Who can explain this?
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
my rx 5700s are humming nicely at 50mhs each. but i wonder if they can pushed even further?  Roll Eyes
51 with Phoenixminer
Activity: 20
my rx 5700s are humming nicely at 50mhs each. but i wonder if they can pushed even further?  Roll Eyes

Same here... Getting 51+ at 107w per card. Hoping once the BIOS lock is removed, we can adjust mem timings, lower the clock and achieve similar performance with a lower power draw. Also, these Navi cards run cool so lower db's from the fan. Anxiously waiting...

Same problem ... then you confirm that there is a bios lock for the rx 5700? Now I understand why I could not in any way lower the clock....
Activity: 4
Hi,

I seem to have landed into some trouble ever since I had installed an SSD (not MVME) M.2 on my win10 rig. I installed win 10 on the SSD and increased the virtual memory to more 32 GB in a drive which doesnt have the windows installed (D drive and not C).

However the Claymore miner keeps throwing an error

"At least 16 GB of Virtual Memory is required for multi-GPU systems"

I am not sure where things are going wrong and the worst part is the hashrate on my RX580 Sapphire Nitro + 8GB is only 11 MH/s which is extremely annoying. I have two RX580 and two 1060s. My 1060s for now do seem to be doing okay at 20Mh/s.

What am I not doing right? Has anyone experienced this before? or does someone know how to fix this?

Are your AMD cards in compute mode or graphics mode?

I tried both.. and nothing worked Sad Any idea what is causing this issue?
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
Hi,

I seem to have landed into some trouble ever since I had installed an SSD (not MVME) M.2 on my win10 rig. I installed win 10 on the SSD and increased the virtual memory to more 32 GB in a drive which doesnt have the windows installed (D drive and not C).

I am not sure where things are going wrong and the worst part is the hashrate on my RX580 Sapphire Nitro + 8GB is only 11 MH/s which is extremely annoying. I have two RX580 and two 1060s. My 1060s for now do seem to be doing okay at 20Mh/s.

What am I not doing right? Has anyone experienced this before? or does someone know how to fix this?

Are your AMD cards in compute mode or graphics mode?
Activity: 48
I have 4 cards 1060 6 GB issued at 26.5 and now the heps rate on all cards has fallen sharply and gives out 21. I dig Ethereum

Help me !!!!
Activity: 16
Hello
I am using an 8x 1070 Nvidia rig, and my 7th (the last) board is sometimes mining a quarter of the other boards Mh/s.
Any idea why this is happening?

Also, the fan crashes frequently and it doesn't spin.
Please help me out Smiley
Hi,

my rx 5700s are humming nicely at 50mhs each. but i wonder if they can pushed even further?  Roll Eyes

Same here... Getting 51+ at 107w per card. Hoping once the BIOS lock is removed, we can adjust mem timings, lower the clock and achieve similar performance with a lower power draw. Also, these Navi cards run cool so lower db's from the fan. Anxiously waiting...
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
To Claymore.

Hello! Thank you for your work. Could you please answer why Miner Manager cant get info from miner in its window , though i can see miner console through "view miner console" (opens in browser) ?
I suppose it somehow deal with HTTP response from miner.

Best regards.

Could you please add this feature.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi, I have a question: I have a rig with some 4Gb and 8Gb amd RX 5xx cards.
When the size of the DAG file exceeds 4GB (next December), will it be necessary to replace the 4GB cards with 8GB models or since I have 8Gb cards will everything work?

AT BEST THE HASH RATE WILL BE LESS--

That is why I have not even experimented with it.  There are reports of rigs with at least 1 8GB "lead" card able to mine with 4GB cards.  It is said to work, but not well.  The reports speculate that the 4GB cards process the DAG with the data stored in "virtual memory".

You will need to try it yourself.  My Linux rigs still work.  They have no swap files.  RX 4XX and 5XX cards earn only pennies a day currently.  If BTC rises to $20K, and ETH tracks along with BTC, it may be worth trying.       --scryptr
Activity: 19
"-powlim -40" option is not working in Win7 x64 on 1070ti at all. Absolutely no reaction to any values on this parameter in GPU-Z.
Activity: 20
Hi, I have a question: I have a rig with some 4Gb and 8Gb amd RX 5xx cards.
When the size of the DAG file exceeds 4GB (next December), will it be necessary to replace the 4GB cards with 8GB models or since I have 8Gb cards will everything work?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
LOLCAT-SPEAK--  

I like to answer questions when I know the answer.  Some miners are new and have honest questions.  But there is always a troll factor, it seems.

There are questions written in poor English, or perhaps in LOLcat-speak, and are they hard to decipher and poorly related to the thread (any thread) or at least the current context.  I truly don't know why some 4GB cards don't work on ETH, and some claims that they can be made to work seem curious.  8GB cards should work.  Further, 4GB cards are not 8GB cards.  From what I recall, "virtual memory" on Windows should equal the total VRAM of the rig.  And, 6 x 8GB equals 48GB.

Some miners should do their own research.  I don't use Windows, and ran Linux on 2GB ram with 6 x 8GB cards and no swap file.  It worked.

I have not written the book on mining, but I have read for a long time.  Please read first and ask better questions later.       --scryptr

EDIT:  CURRENTLY RUNNING 2X 4GB CARD RIGS ON LINUX--

I am currently running 2 rigs with 4GB cards only.  1 rig has 6x PowerColor Red Dragon 4GB RX 560 cards, no PCIe power socket, single fan.  They get (with mods) 14.6MH/s at about 50W each.  The other is a 4x Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 card rig.  They get (with mods) about 29.5MH/s at about 105W each.  The systems ran fine for months with 4GB system RAM and no swap file.  I recently increased the system RAM to 8GB so to mine Monero.  Hash rates and power use for ETH have not increased, but the CPU load is high.  I replaced Celerons, Pentiums, and i3s with i5s.  The overall wattage is nearly the same, as I always had some CPU mining going on.       --scryptr

How did you managed GTX560 get to work for mining?they dead for mining years ago.

IT WAS A TYPO--

PowerColor manufactures AMD cards.  Apologies.  And, see Branko's threads about RX 560 cards, good info.       --scryptr
Hello
I am using an 8x 1070 Nvidia rig, and my 7th (the last) board is sometimes mining a quarter of the other boards Mh/s.
Any idea why this is happening?
With -r 1 and -minspeed XX option, miner restarts rig in loop when Internet connection is lost
Is here some command line option - don't reboot when no Internet connection?
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
LOLCAT-SPEAK--  

I like to answer questions when I know the answer.  Some miners are new and have honest questions.  But there is always a troll factor, it seems.

There are questions written in poor English, or perhaps in LOLcat-speak, and are they hard to decipher and poorly related to the thread (any thread) or at least the current context.  I truly don't know why some 4GB cards don't work on ETH, and some claims that they can be made to work seem curious.  8GB cards should work.  Further, 4GB cards are not 8GB cards.  From what I recall, "virtual memory" on Windows should equal the total VRAM of the rig.  And, 6 x 8GB equals 48GB.

Some miners should do their own research.  I don't use Windows, and ran Linux on 2GB ram with 6 x 8GB cards and no swap file.  It worked.

I have not written the book on mining, but I have read for a long time.  Please read first and ask better questions later.       --scryptr

EDIT:  CURRENTLY RUNNING 2X 4GB CARD RIGS ON LINUX--

I am currently running 2 rigs with 4GB cards only.  1 rig has 6x PowerColor Red Dragon 4GB GTX 560 cards, no PCIe power socket, single fan.  They get (with mods) 14.6MH/s at about 50W each.  The other is a 4x Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 card rig.  They get (with mods) about 29.5MH/s at about 105W each.  The systems ran fine for months with 4GB system RAM and no swap file.  I recently increased the system RAM to 8GB so to mine Monero.  Hash rates and power use for ETH have not increased, but the CPU load is high.  I replaced Celerons, Pentiums, and i3s with i5s.  The overall wattage is nearly the same, as I always had some CPU mining going on.       --scryptr

How did you managed GTX560 get to work for mining?they dead for mining years ago.
Pages:
Jump to: