Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 62. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
RX 480 8GB speed 33 MH/S Power 80 watts

what mem / timings are you using here?
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26

yeah right

No it was never 80 watts, most likely he is talking about the wattage that you see in GPU-z which is only the GPU chip wattage and doesn't account for the rest of the board like the memory controller, fans, and other components.

Honestly I don't think 33MH/s is easy with a 480 8GB, maybe some with a certain ASIC quality were possible but with my RX 470 4GB the most I could get was like 29.5mh/s and it wasn't really efficient. The best efficiency was at like 28.5MH/s and it still used 120 Watts per GPU from the wall not including the motherboard+drive+ram.

80 watts is just not possible with any RX 470/570.

rx 470 4gb you have elpida memory i guess yes they give you stable 29.5mhz but i have also rx 470 with samsung memory which gives stable 30.5-30.8mhz which is good for these cards.32-33mhz is easy to get with rx 480-580 with samsung memory an micron also doing not bad.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

yeah right

No it was never 80 watts, most likely he is talking about the wattage that you see in GPU-z which is only the GPU chip wattage and doesn't account for the rest of the board like the memory controller, fans, and other components.

Honestly I don't think 33MH/s is easy with a 480 8GB, maybe some with a certain ASIC quality were possible but with my RX 470 4GB the most I could get was like 29.5mh/s and it wasn't really efficient. The best efficiency was at like 28.5MH/s and it still used 120 Watts per GPU from the wall not including the motherboard+drive+ram.

80 watts is just not possible with any RX 470/570.
Activity: 277
Merit: 23
Activity: 15
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to ET/ETC mining so can you please suggest me on latest mining setup based on 3-6 GPUs? Anyone?

Regards

there are literally infinite tutorials available when you search in the google for this in form of video or blog etc
still i will give you a basic rundown
install windows and use risers to connect multiple gpus in your mob
after they are detected
just install the graphics driver
download the miner and execute it

Thanks! However I was looking for advice on the choice of GPUs specifically. Smiley Have read some guides(and still reading...) though.

I am assuming you most likely want to do this as a hobby and not "To get rich" because these days the profitability is horrible.

With this out of the way, my advice to you is to go on Craigslist or Facebook market place or eBay or whatever second hand listing service you have in your area and buy some cheap RX 470/570/480/580 8GB for like $75.

They are very cheap because most miners stopped mining with them and most gamers don't want AMD gpus. With those GPUs you will get 30MH/s using about 130Watts per GPU.

Most brands are fairly reliable and they are bullet proof, the issues you might run into are maybe failed fans, however there are replacements all over eBay and Amazon.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I need 110 w to get 31+ mhs on 1070 8gb on eth.

On clay power consumption (and hashrate!) does not want to go up, even if I disable downvolt and give it 120%TDP
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
I need 110 w to get 31+ mhs on 1070 8gb on eth.
increase your core clock.

clocks are same, 0.85v voltage point for core and +450 memclock. Only difference is in powerconsumption. On Claymore it drops down after DAG creation
gminer

claymore

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to ET/ETC mining so can you please suggest me on latest mining setup based on 3-6 GPUs? Anyone?

Regards

there are literally infinite tutorials available when you search in the google for this in form of video or blog etc
still i will give you a basic rundown
install windows and use risers to connect multiple gpus in your mob
after they are detected
just install the graphics driver
download the miner and execute it

Thanks! However I was looking for advice on the choice of GPUs specifically. Smiley Have read some guides(and still reading...) though.

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Does anyone have such problem - on Win 7, v15, drvs 436.30 and 441.66 and GTX1070 cards hashrate is about 22Mhash.... Tried to clean drivers with DDU and reinstall them, tried with/withous straps, w/wo OC etc.... On other algorythms speed is same as before, no change. And some months ago with older claymore all was fine, but now, with v15 such problem

upd: same issue on Phoenix miner, but all fine on nanominer and gminer.... can't even guess what it can be...
increase your core clock.
Does anyone have such problem - on Win 7, v15, drvs 436.30 and 441.66 and GTX1070 cards hashrate is about 22Mhash.... Tried to clean drivers with DDU and reinstall them, tried with/withous straps, w/wo OC etc.... On other algorythms speed is same as before, no change. And some months ago with older claymore all was fine, but now, with v15 such problem

upd: same issue on Phoenix miner, but all fine on nanominer and gminer.... can't even guess what it can be...
Activity: 58
on windows 7 APPCRASH EthDcrMiner64.exe amdocl64.dll
drivers blockchain crimson 23 august

your miner work with windows 7?

I don't have windows 7 rigs at the moment, but I think it works.

Try to cleanly uninstall drivers with DDU uninstaller and reinstall.

already done many times, and windows also reinstalled
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

I don't have windows 7 rigs at the moment, but I think it works.

Try to cleanly uninstall drivers with DDU uninstaller and reinstall.
claymore 15 not work on windows 7
linux and hiveos not work yet with epoch 353

Why do you say claymore v 15.0 doesn't work on windows 7?
What is the problem encountered?

Activity: 6
Hey guys!

After 2 years I've switched from Nanopool to Ethermine - should I?
I've noticed that Ethermine recognized worker without name at first and it created "deafult" worker which is inactive - can I remove it from stats? Will it be removed after 72h or something?

UPDATE: Nice, Ethermine deleted inactive worker by themselves Smiley But will be glad for any opinions should I really move to Ethermine after all those years in Nanopool Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Why do you say claymore v 15.0 doesn't work on windows 7?
What is the problem encountered?
вce пpивeт!

Ктo-нибyдь пpoвepял чepeз oпцию -benchmark, дo кaкoй эпoxи paбoтaют 4ГБ видeoкapты?

y мeня пoлyчилocь тoлькo -benchmark 352 (пpимepнo 3,75Gb), ecли взять эпoxy вышe, тo yжe выдaёт oшибкy(((

пpoвepял нa windows и нa hiveos

a в oпиcaниe вpoдe нaпиcaнo чтo paбoтaeт дo 384 эпoxи

-----------------------------

Hi everybody!

Has anyone checked through the -benchmark option before what era 4GB video cards work?

I only got -benchmark 352 (about 3.75Gb), if you take the era above, it already gives an error (((

checked on windows and on hiveos

and the description seems to say that it works until the 384 era
According to Claymore:  Windows 10 internally allocates about 20% of GPU memory so applications can use only 80% of GPU memory. Use Windows 7 or Linux.
I have 13 gpu rig with Windows 10 and it worked fine until I switched to another coin because of the difficulty bomb. Then the dag file was 3.3GB, and iI don't know how it worked, since 20% is 800MB, i.e.  3.2GB should have been the limit. Now after the fork on 2nd Jan Eth is way more profitable but I don't know how long the cards will be able to work with the increasing DAG.

legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
вce пpивeт!

Ктo-нибyдь пpoвepял чepeз oпцию -benchmark, дo кaкoй эпoxи paбoтaют 4ГБ видeoкapты?

y мeня пoлyчилocь тoлькo -benchmark 352 (пpимepнo 3,75Gb), ecли взять эпoxy вышe, тo yжe выдaёт oшибкy(((

пpoвepял нa windows и нa hiveos

a в oпиcaниe вpoдe нaпиcaнo чтo paбoтaeт дo 384 эпoxи

-----------------------------

Hi everybody!

Has anyone checked through the -benchmark option before what era 4GB video cards work?

I only got -benchmark 352 (about 3.75Gb), if you take the era above, it already gives an error (((

checked on windows and on hiveos

and the description seems to say that it works until the 384 era
According to Claymore:  Windows 10 internally allocates about 20% of GPU memory so applications can use only 80% of GPU memory. Use Windows 7 or Linux.
I have 13 gpu rig with Windows 10 and it worked fine until I switched to another coin because of the difficulty bomb. Then the dag file was 3.3GB, and iI don't know how it worked, since 20% is 800MB, i.e.  3.2GB should have been the limit. Now after the fork on 2nd Jan Eth is way more profitable but I don't know how long the cards will be able to work with the increasing DAG.
Pages:
Jump to: