Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 657. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Here solution if AB not works for you to lowering voltage.

Use Overdrive.

1.Start it (you see options to choose cards) choose one
2. Double click on left column P0 till P6 - DISABLE IT.
3. In P7 (that only left) set desired Freq and Voltage (that for GPU)
4. IN P1 (under MEMORY) set desired Freq
5. APPLY and SAVE as profile 123
6. Do same for all cards you have and rig (same profile name 123)
7. Test you settings (for stability) - you will se all works you GPU is UNDERVOLTED !
8. Now you need make .BAT file and drop it to autostart (windows)
For example inside bat file:  OvedriveNTool.exe -p0"123" -p1"123" -p2"123" -p3"123" -p4"123
Drop a link to autostart and enjoy.

-p0 - that GPU number it goes from 0 till How many you have
"123" - that a profile name that you save
Names can be different, depends how you like it.

All works fine. Good Luck

Doesn't work. Verified power consumption with my killawatt.

Hoping for a fix soon. The extra 300w increase for 20Mh extra isn't worth it. In the in meantime I'll keep using 9.6 with the nofee redirect.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Just wanted to share a little story...Oh how I love AMD drivers.  I had a lonely win7 rig, which wasnt updated to DAG fix drivers.  6 gpu's rx470/480.  do the simple procedure (by the way, I just set the clocks in wattman, voltage in Afterburner...seems to work fine so far unless you reboot - AB will probably have a fix for that someday) and lo and behold, only 4 gpu's work.  Now I havent touched this rig in months and months, it has always been chugging along for over a year I guess.  Why, Crypto gods, have you forsaken this poor lonely rig.  Why ?  And so I scratched my head, and thought...I am missing something here.  Well 3 hours later while eating cereal I spit it out because I had a flash -

- I did not remember to apply...THE GOD DAMN 6GPU TOOL FIX.  all is well now.  now I can go to sleep.  That is all.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
how to use overdrive without amd cpu???

We are not debating AMD's tool. We are talking about this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=416116
legendary
Yes.
Win 10LTSB

I've been using Overdrive for the last two days and my 480 cards will not keep the voltage settings.

Edit: I've just tried your technique disabling P0-P6 and the results are the same: Overdrive shows the correct voltages values (815mV) but GPU-Z or HWInfo show values from 834mv to 985mV  Undecided

Dosen't matter what they shows.
Look for power consumption - you will see how it drops. Try it without and with Overdrive.
And Overdrive keep all setting, if you do as i explained above.

Right now I cannot measure the consumption at the wall but I believe Overdrive reads the values from the driver/API while GPU-Z and HWInfo take readings from the sensors. Therefore, regardless of what Overdrive shows, I believe nothing has changed.

But hey, thanks anyway. I welcome every suggestion  Grin
KGV
Activity: 55
Yes.
Win 10LTSB

I've been using Overdrive for the last two days and my 480 cards will not keep the voltage settings.

Edit: I've just tried your technique disabling P0-P6 and the results are the same: Overdrive shows the correct voltages values (815mV) but GPU-Z or HWInfo show values from 834mv to 985mV  Undecided

Dosen't matter what they shows.
Look for power consumption - you will see how it drops. Try it without and with Overdrive.
And Overdrive keep all setting, if you do as i explain above.
Activity: 53
how to use overdrive without amd cpu???
legendary
Yes.
Win 10LTSB

Edit: I've just tried your technique disabling P0-P6 and the results are the same: Overdrive shows the correct voltages values (815mV) but GPU-Z or HWInfo show values from 834mv to 985mV  Undecided

KGV
Yes.
Win 10LTSB
legendary

Use Overdrive.

7. Test you settings (for stability) - you will se all works you GPU is UNDERVOLTED !
For example inside bat file:  OvedriveNTool.exe -p0"123" -p1"123" -p2"123" -p3"123" -p4"123

You tested this solution with Win10 +blockchain drivers + RX 480?
KGV

Use Overdrive.

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Does upgrading to 9.8 increase hash speeds?

No. Just do what releases note says:

- added Vega cards support (ASM mode).
- added fan/OC support for 17.7.2 (and higher) drivers.
- fixed issue with -ttli and -ttdcr option for Nvidia cards.
- improved support for systems with more than 10 GPUs, check readme for "-di" and "-mode" options description for details.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
Activity: 201
Does upgrading to 9.8 increase hash speeds?
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Did any one try new blockstream drivers and r9 380/380x? I'm currently mining with 16.10.2 and claymore 9.3 - 21.1 mh/s, asus strix 380 1100/1625 with 1250 memory straps and win7 x64.
Activity: 54
why 9.8 is slower? than 9.7

Does anyone have benchmark between 9.7 and 9.8?
Activity: 224

its not (tested on both AMD and Nvidia cards).

Maybe he is assuming it has some problems, I dont have any, and again, with both Nvidia and AMD cards.
Activity: 16
For win 7 64 bit this is what I did. I installed official AMD drivers but Claymore 9.7 and 9.8 crashed at start up. Then I used DDU to uninstall the drivers. Then I manually installed Robinh00d s DAG epoch fix drivers as described. I used the patcher. My hashrate is back to 30 from 27 and claymore 9.8 is running quite stable for 50 hours now. I have 1 470 2 480s and 1 580 all with modded bios. I use AB beta 15 and all controls are available. There were 30 watts difference at the wall 690 to 720 watts.  I am happy with the fix but not with the official one.
Activity: 54
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
Is there any real major change between v9.5 and v9.8  Grin
I still use v9.5 and it is very stable for months. I am scared to change it to v9.8  Grin
Can anybody advise?

well, you should install 9.7 it is about 10-15% faster for 1060 and about 3-5% faster for 1070
there is less downdrop in MHs for dual mode as well
Activity: 6
I was able to go from 28 to 30mh/s with new ReCrimson blockchain beta driver but not able to undervolt my MSI RX 580. Using BIOS Hynix mod.
-cclock 1299 -mclock 2179 -cvddc 960 are my settings. Tried to manually change to manual->automatic in WattMan Radeon settings and no effect. Same with AB 16 beta software. I'll guess it's better to stay with 17.7.1 drivers lose 2mh/s than increase power consumption about 50W/h and getting much more temperature (75c->).
No solution so far? Thanks.

I managed to get my single RX580 in a machine to work properly. Did you remove those OC settings from the Claymore Bat file? Do not patch the driver, and using AB 16 with all the fixes applied and Global Wattman did the trick for me. running stable now at 30.5MH/s
This is for one card only, not sure how multiple cards would react, specially if the others run headless. I have seen issues with AB also applying settings to AMD cards running mixed in a rig.

Switching to v9.7 did the trick! Miner is not showing temp or fan speed but it doesnt matter. Got undervolted and stable 30mh/s. Give it a shot!
Activity: 46
I was able to go from 28 to 30mh/s with new ReCrimson blockchain beta driver but not able to undervolt my MSI RX 580. Using BIOS Hynix mod.
-cclock 1299 -mclock 2179 -cvddc 960 are my settings. Tried to manually change to manual->automatic in WattMan Radeon settings and no effect. Same with AB 16 beta software. I'll guess it's better to stay with 17.7.1 drivers lose 2mh/s than increase power consumption about 50W/h and getting much more temperature (75c->).
No solution so far? Thanks.

I managed to get my single RX580 in a machine to work properly. Did you remove those OC settings from the Claymore Bat file? Do not patch the driver, and using AB 16 with all the fixes applied and Global Wattman did the trick for me. running stable now at 30.5MH/s
This is for one card only, not sure how multiple cards would react, specially if the others run headless. I have seen issues with AB also applying settings to AMD cards running mixed in a rig.
Jump to: