Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 660. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I built 6 x Gtx 1060 rig today, and I had friends help me and it's running fine now.
After about 40 minutes MSI Afterburner freezes and GPU1 says it has zero power. But when I refresh my miner status, it keeps updating.

This lag/freeze thing has been happening since I installed windows, and I'm sure it's not the power supply. Any thoughts??
Activity: 88
Merit: 16
so i tried the steps above to a tee on a MSI armor 4gb 580 and the wattage is a lot higher than what i was getting using claymore 9.7 and using the bat file for my clocks :-(

Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187

Can i know how many GPUs and what GPUs do you have?

Also, what watt PSU are you using right now?

I'm running at around 1000watt on a 1050watt PSU.
Not sure is this the reason why it has problem detecting my GPU whenever the system restarts.

Or its just purely driver issue.

that rig has 4 1080Ti with 2 x 850 Watts PS but I had no problem with any of my Nvidia cards/rigs (some of them are alone in a PC) with the previous drivers anyway.

1000 watts on a good 1050 watts shouldnt be a problem if you are sure it always stays below 1000 watts. Is this a 80 Gold or 80 Platinum power supply ?

Yes it hovers around 990 - 1005 watt.

Its 1050 watt supersonic 80 Platinum PSU.

i personally think that it shouldn't be Power issue as i tried to run ethereum only mining with watt power around 875watt.

The undetectable gpu issue is still there when my system reboot itself due to errors.

Prolly from your PSU, 1080ti can grab 250W per GPU + your system booting. When u boot, ur GPU ask for max power allowed, and go to idle setup after. I bet if when u boot, u dont suffisant power 250x4+ SSD / CPU / MOTHERBOARD u grab your 1050W easy ... That why 4 gpu wont boot. A 1200W will do the job Wink
Activity: 13

Not sure is this the reason why it has problem detecting my GPU whenever the system restarts.

that rig has 4 1080Ti with 2 x 850 Watts PS but I had no problem with any of my Nvidia cards/rigs (some of them are alone in a PC) with the previous drivers anyway.

1000 watts on a good 1050 watts shouldnt be a problem if you are sure it always stays below 1000 watts. Is this a 80 Gold or 80 Platinum power supply ?

Yes it hovers around 990 - 1005 watt.

Its 1050 watt supersonic 80 Platinum PSU.

i personally think that it shouldn't be Power issue as i tried to run ethereum only mining with watt power around 875watt.

The undetectable gpu issue is still there when my system reboot itself due to errors.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187
Can someone help me with this issue?  I'm trying to run Claymore 9.7 on RHEL 7.2 on an NVIDIA ASUS ROG Strix 1080.  It works fine for ETH but will not work for DCR.  It claims to connect to the DCR pool but repeatedly times out:

[Scott@Spock Claymore]$ ./ethdcrminer64 -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.Spock -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY -dpsw x -allpools 1
./ethdcrminer64: /lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./ethdcrminer64)

https://dcr.suprnova.cc, go on "account - worker" cause i notice your xxxxx.spok but not your yyyyy.value so u miss your worker name and you forget to add -esm 3 before the -dpool option

If u use 1080 go on ZEC not worth dual mining exept for 1070.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Can someone help me with this issue?  I'm trying to run Claymore 9.7 on RHEL 7.2 on an NVIDIA ASUS ROG Strix 1080.  It works fine for ETH but will not work for DCR.  It claims to connect to the DCR pool but repeatedly times out:

[Scott@Spock Claymore]$ ./ethdcrminer64 -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.Spock -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY -dpsw x -allpools 1

You're mining to Suprnova wrong.

Suprnova uses a username not a wallet address. See the first post in this thread for instructions or read the helpfiles.  It should look something like:

-dwal YourLogin.YourWorkerName

NOT

-dwal YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And Skol is right... Don't mine ETH with a 1080. You make very little mining ETH.  You make about $1 a day more per card by mining Equihash based coins like HUSH, Zcash, and Zclassic. Claymore also makes a Zcash miner.

Link to Claymore Zcash miner
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Can someone help me with this issue?  I'm trying to run Claymore 9.7 on RHEL 7.2 on an NVIDIA ASUS ROG Strix 1080.  It works fine for ETH but will not work for DCR.  It claims to connect to the DCR pool but repeatedly times out:

./ethdcrminer64: /lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./ethdcrminer64)

Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.7

Thanks!

Wrong login setting for suprnova. Worker is set on the site?

Wants one real advice? Don't mine eth with a 1080. You're just losing money. Go mine Zcash or Sigt or Father or whatever except eth.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

5. Install Beta MSI Afterburner (I installed latest 4.4.0 beta16)

Sorry to ask but from were you find beta 16 when last one is beta 12 ? see guru3d, softpedia  

Here is the link http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5459908&postcount=637

Thanks for that link. I wish they could put up a proper page for releases or add an update function.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
so dont apply the patch ?
If you refer to my post above then I can say - no patch in my case. Maybe in your case you will have to apply this patch.
Activity: 88
Merit: 16
so dont apply the patch ?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Well it seems you can undervolt "easily" with the RX4xx series since you can still use WattTool so that's not too much of a hassle. I just have an ini file for each card, launch WattTool at startup then your miner a few seconds later and it's super stable with the dag fix.

But since WattTool doesn't work with the RX5xx series and I find that working with AB or Trixx is a real pain in the ass selecting each GPU and doing the undervolt. When you have 20+ rigs it becomes quite a big task.

Intersting read in your post about ADL. I'm really not a developper so I can't imagine all the work that it must be. Anyway, keep up the good work! I guess I'll wait for this to get fixed eventually.

WattTool doesn't work anymore, not with the blockchain drivers  Cry
Activity: 254
@Claymore
Can we expect the next update to fix the voltage control from your miner with the latest amd driver/dag fix? I guess like quite a few farmers, we'd rather manage everything from a single program rather than use AB or remod all the bios' again with fixed voltages Smiley
Thanks!

Have you tried latest AB with latest AMD drivers for blockchain? It does not work for me (I don't see any changes in power consumption when I change voltage in AB), at least in Win10+RX580. So the problem is not in my miner only, it looks like another ADL issue:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20538901
I've contacted AMD and we will try to fix it.

I know this is being a dick, but I just *have* to:

Linux user; voltage control not affected (NSFW): https://i.imgur.com/1UEGeRz.jpg

There is Dag fix driver for linux already ?
Activity: 127
OK, after some tuning I can confirm below setup is working fine for me with stable 30.4MH/s since 24H:

- clean and fresh Windows 10x64 Home installation + all updates
- latest AMD beta drivers
- AB 4.4.0 beta 16 with applied "voltage control" fix and this one
- no atikmdag-patcher applied
- 4x Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB (11265-01-20G, HYNIX memory) with modded BIOS
- latest Claymore 9.8 with no overclocking/undervolting in BAT file

AB config: Screen shot
mv: 970
Power limit: +0
GPU core: 1250
GPU mem: 2150
Fan: 50%
Power from wall: 787W

For most users with huge consumption increase:

It's because undervolting isn't working for you - You need to set up all in BIOS, find another tool that works or wait for news.

For those with drops to half performance and wierd clocks, it's because mem clock drops from 2xxx to 1000 or core clock drops to 300-900, it's due to high consumption - It's because undervolting isn't working for you - You need to set up on BIOS, find another tool that works or wait for news.

Some cards works with Afterburner Beta 15/16 / Wattool and Claymore (clocks) (especially 4xx) , some don't (mostly 580).

The fix isn't a driver side OC to compensate. If will try ubiq (no dag problem) and ETC (worse than ETH) the hashrate will be the same, the fix is real. Yet some people may experience some consumption increase (not huge - 5%, 10%) or even consumption drop.
Activity: 224

Activity: 487
Merit: 266
@Claymore
Can we expect the next update to fix the voltage control from your miner with the latest amd driver/dag fix? I guess like quite a few farmers, we'd rather manage everything from a single program rather than use AB or remod all the bios' again with fixed voltages Smiley
Thanks!

Have you tried latest AB with latest AMD drivers for blockchain? It does not work for me (I don't see any changes in power consumption when I change voltage in AB), at least in Win10+RX580. So the problem is not in my miner only, it looks like another ADL issue:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20538901
I've contacted AMD and we will try to fix it.

Well it seems you can undervolt "easily" with the RX4xx series since you can still use WattTool so that's not too much of a hassle. I just have an ini file for each card, launch WattTool at startup then your miner a few seconds later and it's super stable with the dag fix.

But since WattTool doesn't work with the RX5xx series and I find that working with AB or Trixx is a real pain in the ass selecting each GPU and doing the undervolt. When you have 20+ rigs it becomes quite a big task.

Intersting read in your post about ADL. I'm really not a developper so I can't imagine all the work that it must be. Anyway, keep up the good work! I guess I'll wait for this to get fixed eventually.
Activity: 2

Sorry to ask but from were you find beta 16 when last one is beta 12 ? see guru3d, softpedia  

Here is the link http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5459908&postcount=637
Activity: 119
Merit: 3

Activity: 2
I have a problem. If I install any driver higher than 16.11 and start msi my hashrate is always 4 mhs on all cards. I know this is stuck in low power stat at 300/300. I can set all options in the .bat and they work fine on higher drivers. I do have setx's set in my bat.I am also using 9.8 but every version gives the same result. Msi running makes all card stay at 4mhs. I tried changing options in msi. Including kernal/user mode, voltage enable/disable,disable dsp,extend overclocking ect. Any idea's?
I was getting windows 10 error that graphic process was being limited. I google that and changed regit to have tdrdelay of 8. That did not fix it either. I do have 32 gb of virtual memory set.

Hey I had the exact same issue with my rx470. After 10 hours of trying I finally found out what was wrong. The problem is with AfterBurner - you need to uninstall it before replacing old drivers with new ones.
So the correct procedure is:
1. Uninstall MSI Afterburner
2. Uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode
3. Install the freshly-downloaded driver from setup
4. Before restart install and run the atikmdag patcher
6. Restart and tweak your rig

And you should be ready to mine at full speed again Cool

Personaly for me the difference is from 131 Mh/s to 138 Mh/s with power use rising from 400w to 460w.
@Claymore is there any update in future for rx vega to get better hash rate?
Jump to: