Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 675. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 10
well... Vega 64 doesn't do Lbry coin with the dual miner.   just gives "Cannot build OpenCl program for GPU0"

Sia, Pascal, and Decred work.

and what hashrate you getting please
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
well... Vega 64 doesn't do Lbry coin with the dual miner.   just gives "Cannot build OpenCl program for GPU0"

Sia, Pascal, and Decred work.
Activity: 275
Merit: 258

So 1060 and 1070 still better than vega 56

I guess the low performance of the vega in the mining is for the drivers and the problem of the DAG, I hope with bios mod and drivers of at least 60mh / s, otherwise it will be a total failure. Sell ​​more expensive rx580 haha

as far as i know the bios is locked so you wont be able to mod it

This is what I've read as well... Hopefully someone can bypass it...

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core

I guess the low performance of the vega in the mining is for the drivers and the problem of the DAG, I hope with bios mod and drivers of at least 60mh / s, otherwise it will be a total failure. Sell ​​more expensive rx580 haha

as far as i know the bios is locked so you wont be able to mod it
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'm hoping to get my hands on a killawatt this week.

So far I'm happy with the performance of my Vega FE's.

mine should be here tomorrow but Im really not sure Im going to keep it.

Are you dual mining lbry, decred or sia ?
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
Activity: 107
I'm hoping to get my hands on a killawatt this week.

So far I'm happy with the performance of my Vega FE's.
Activity: 254
Merit: 109

Ozzy, are those your stats? If not, could your provide a link to the source article. Not the best. I'm more disappointed in the power draw... Jesus. Wonder what the resale market is going to look like. Stocks of Vega 64 were very limited around town today. My microcenter only got 5 in. I'm thinking the demand might still be there for a bit.

Edit - Source website showed up when I quoted your img post. Thanks!
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
Looks very sad, expected much more, see what happens next. Looks absolutely not competitive. You need something to refine in terms of software.
It is doubtful that it will be popular for such a price. In addition, the retail price will likely be higher.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Claymore, I noticed on your zcash miner that youve managed to match the indexes of the cards in the miner so they match the Afterburner list. Is there anyway to implement this on the next update in this dual miner?

Already implemented since v9.6, check "History.txt" file for details.

Aaahh didnt see that, trouble is, im running GTX1060's not AMD cards. Is there any solution?

Ok I'll check it and include to next update if possible.

Much appreciated. It would make life so much easier. At the moment its two lots of numbers written on the cards which change of I change the set up of the rigs
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore, I noticed on your zcash miner that youve managed to match the indexes of the cards in the miner so they match the Afterburner list. Is there anyway to implement this on the next update in this dual miner?

Aaahh didnt see that, trouble is, im running GTX1060's not AMD cards. Is there any solution?

Ok I'll check it and include to next update if possible.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Don't know why, but I expected WAY higher hash rate and also more FPS at gaming.
The hype about Vega was absurde, it cannot even come close to 1080 (gaming).

Dont know what you are talking about but according to all the review sites it beats or ties the 1080 and the 56 beats the 1070 in most gaming benchmarks. It doesnt beat the 1080 TI nothing does. The price on the 64 is too high if it is going to compete the the 1080 however way to high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIVkIgtrvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVdpuxKze8

and so on....

Vega 64 does NOT beat 1080 in games!
Anyway, it wasn't my intention to start a race between vega and 1080, just wanted to say that I'm surprised with benchmarks from all the hype around Vega, I did expect even better results.

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

from what ive been reading the Vega card is hardlocked so you wont be able to flash or mod the bios

which will make it useless  trying to find the link was on gaming nexus  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PftkOaKfik&t=588s

about 1.5 mins in  i know its the vega 56 but got the impression it applys to vega 64 as well

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
I know what the ice age mechanics is and why it was created. I was referring to the complete uncertainty about the transition to PoS. ETH mining won't last for long and there is no clear timeline for the transition to occur.

Let's not forget that the whole roadmap to Casper, including the ice age bomb, was devised when ETH was trading round the $7–$8 dollar mark. The huge price rise and the tremendous expansion of the Ethereum Alliance might have changed the game completely.

@trimegistus I know you're a senior member but you may have missed the latest news. I'll post here for you and others.  I don't mean any disrespect to Trim and I'm not even sure of the validity of the info I'm posting.  Maybe we can get confirmation from a second source?

Casper is going to be delayed again. One of the ETH devs current estimate is end of 2018.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6t56a0/important_information_from_todays_ethereum_dev/

The Difficulty bomb will be pushed back as well because of the Casper delays. (16-17 months delay)

ETH rewards will be decreased to curb inflation...

It seems there will not much hashing added to the ETH network.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
I know what the ice age mechanics is and why it was created. I was referring to the complete uncertainty about the transition to PoS. ETH mining won't last for long and there is no clear timeline for the transition to occur.

Let's not forget that the whole roadmap to Casper, including the ice age bomb, was devised when ETH was trading round the $7–$8 dollar mark. The huge price rise and the tremendous expansion of the Ethereum Alliance might have changed the game completely.

@trimegistus I know you're a senior member but you may have missed the latest news. I'll post here for you and others.  I don't mean any disrespect to Trim and I'm not even sure of the validity of the info I'm posting.  Maybe we can get confirmation from a second source?

Casper is going to be delayed again. One of the ETH devs current estimate is end of 2018.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6t56a0/important_information_from_todays_ethereum_dev/

The Difficulty bomb will be pushed back as well because of the Casper delays. (16-17 months delay)

ETH rewards will be decreased to curb inflation...

No disrespect whatsoever, a senior member can make mistakes like anyone else  Grin.

But this is not the case, I'm well aware of the delays in Casper and that was exactly my point: who knows what's going to happen with ETH mining?

ETH, like any other cryptocurrency, can be very volatile, unpredictable and dependable on a plethora of external factors. In a way, that's the beauty of it, right?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Don't know why, but I expected WAY higher hash rate and also more FPS at gaming.
The hype about Vega was absurde, it cannot even come close to 1080 (gaming).

Dont know what you are talking about but according to all the review sites it beats or ties the 1080 and the 56 beats the 1070 in most gaming benchmarks. It doesnt beat the 1080 TI nothing does. The price on the 64 is too high if it is going to compete the the 1080 however way to high
Jump to: