Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 716. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Thats' BS, Vega will probably be around 750-800 USD.

I'm shooting at $400. if performance is lower than 1080 then $400 is the maximum it will cost.
RX580 is $400 nowdays... Smiley

RX580 MSRP is not $400 and if RXVega is over $700+ with lower than a regular 1080's performance it will be dead in the water.

We got 100 Saphire 580 8 GB for $254 each, that was a couple of weeks before it went crazy, will get 100 more when it comes down, and it will.

Could you please show pictures of your mining rigs?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
...and if it actually was putting the GDDR5 at 850mV, it likely would barely function at all...

why would you say that? I've got lots of 470s running at 850mv just fine.

also what's with the hashrate degradation? is it really fixable(will be) by drivers update?

Running fine? You have more than a million hardware errors. Compare your submitted shares between default mode and modded. It will not be a surprise if you gain nothing. What are you submitted hash-rate and effective hash-rate on the pool?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Dont worry ethpool is not hacked. Propably those big adresses are some mining services' or big mining farms. Some of them are claymore's devfee adresses. If you have a lot of money you can rent a lot of hashing power.

I have quite a few reasons to be worried. First of all, if those are mining farms, or cloud providers, they would not change wallet addresses so often, and they would have stable hash rate. And about Claymore's devfee, even if all network uses Claymores miner, on net hash of about 71 TH/s and 1% fee, it would be around 700 GH/s. And why this is occurring in just last few days, not before? And why all of them looks the same, with huge variance in hash rate over the time, and with wallet address as worker name? So, i would say that your conclusion is not quite right.

Probably just someone buying a bunch of hashpower from nicehash or maybe a bunch of people got hacked and someone is funneling their hashpower.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Dont worry ethpool is not hacked. Propably those big adresses are some mining services' or big mining farms. Some of them are claymore's devfee adresses. If you have a lot of money you can rent a lot of hashing power.

I have quite a few reasons to be worried. First of all, if those are mining farms, or cloud providers, they would not change wallet addresses so often, and they would have stable hash rate. And about Claymore's devfee, even if all network uses Claymores miner, on net hash of about 71 TH/s and 1% fee, it would be around 700 GH/s. And why this is occurring in just last few days, not before? And why all of them looks the same, with huge variance in hash rate over the time, and with wallet address as worker name? So, i would say that your conclusion is not quite right.
Activity: 36
Hi guys.
I do believe that this is not the place, but i think this affects lot of miners, and this thread is very much alive, so i decided to post here.

In last few days I noticed that on ethpool there are quite a few miners popping in an out of existence, like they are in some kind of quantum state, with 200, 300, 500, 600 GH/s.
Just go on home page and look for few top miners. Every time they are active for few hours, then hash rate drops, and they disappear and reappear with different wallet.
They are generating sometimes 1 block every 30 minutes. Each. Pool hash rate varies from 1.7 TH/s to 3.2 TH/s and even higher. That is almost doubling of pool's strength.
I do not believe that those are genuine miners. Wa are being screwed. So, does anyone have more informations regarding this issue?

-Is ethpool hacked?
-Are some miners hacked, and they are mining to some hackers wallets?
-Maybe there is some reasonable explanation for all of this?

Once again, sorry if you think that this topic is not for this thread.

Activity: 4
Hi guys.
I do believe that this is not the place, but i think this affects lot of miners, and this thread is very much alive, so i decided to post here.

In last few days I noticed that on ethpool there are quite a few miners popping in an out of existence, like they are in some kind of quantum state, with 200, 300, 500, 600 GH/s.
Just go on home page and look for few top miners. Every time they are active for few hours, then hash rate drops, and they disappear and reappear with different wallet.
They are generating sometimes 1 block every 30 minutes. Each. Pool hash rate varies from 1.7 TH/s to 3.2 TH/s and even higher. That is almost doubling of pool's strength.
I do not believe that those are genuine miners. Wa are being screwed. So, does anyone have more informations regarding this issue?

-Is ethpool hacked?
-Are some miners hacked, and they are mining to some hackers wallets?
-Maybe there is some reasonable explanation for all of this?

Once again, sorry if you think that this topic is not for this thread.
Activity: 8
Hi all,

If I mine ETH only all works fine with a hashrate of 181MHs.
When I try to dual mine ETH+DCR (-dcri 30) I get 180MHs (ETH) + 5000MHs (DCR).

The problem is that while dual mining I got almost 1% of incorrect shares and looking the hashrate at poolsize I got under 170MHs (-6%).

Could someone help me to figure out where is the problem?

Thanks!!

Config?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mport 3333 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal myethwallet -epsw x -dpool dcr.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal mydcrwallet -dpsw x

All the GPUs are RX580 8GB Hynix and are running at 1200/2250 with a custom strap and -125mv offset.

Some GPUs have a little amount of memmory errors but they aren't correlated with the incorrect shares (I got incorrect shares on GPUs with 0 errors).

The total power at the wall is 1150w dual mining and 900w mining ETH only.
KGV
Activity: 55
Hi all,

The problem is that while dual mining I got almost 1% of incorrect shares and looking the hashrate at poolsize I got under 170MHs (-6%).

Thanks!!

Config?
Activity: 8
Hi all,

Thanks!!
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
Guys, I just tried the new AMD crimson driver 17.7.2, I would recomend to not update, it breaks compability, It's not possible to adjust anything other than the fan speed in 3rd party overclocking software such as Msi afterburner which is what I am using.

Nor does the claymore miner detect the temperature and fan speed anymore.

My GPU is a RX480 for anyone who wonders.

Best regards
Harry
Yeah i have the same problem, i go back to 17.7.1

Agreed same here, back on 17.7.1 with all working again.

Me too.And the claymore's cvddc and mvddc options don't seem to be available.

I had the same issue. WattTool would not work. HAd to use WattMan which was slower than slow. went back to my trusty 16.5 or whatever it is.

Also, OC through wattman seems to work (both wattman and hwinfo show changed frequencies), but doesn't affect speed of mining at all???
Activity: 72
Thats' BS, Vega will probably be around 750-800 USD.

I'm shooting at $400. if performance is lower than 1080 then $400 is the maximum it will cost.
RX580 is $400 nowdays... Smiley

RX580 MSRP is not $400 and if RXVega is over $700+ with lower than a regular 1080's performance it will be dead in the water.

We got 100 Saphire 580 8 GB for $254 each, that was a couple of weeks before it went crazy, will get 100 more when it comes down, and it will.
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
Guys, I just tried the new AMD crimson driver 17.7.2, I would recomend to not update, it breaks compability, It's not possible to adjust anything other than the fan speed in 3rd party overclocking software such as Msi afterburner which is what I am using.

Best regards
Harry

I had the same issue. WattTool would not work. HAd to use WattMan which was slower than slow. went back to my trusty 16.5 or whatever it is.
16.3 or 16.9.2 the best
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

Best regards
Harry

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
On the other paw

lmao hahaha  Grin

VRM voltage should not be called memory voltage:)

Well that would explain our confusion
Activity: 5

Best regards
Harry

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
...and if it actually was putting the GDDR5 at 850mV, it likely would barely function at all...

why would you say that? I've got lots of 470s running at 850mv just fine.

Believe me or don't - there's no I2C control on ANY of the RX series I've found (and I've got likely a majority of the models out, at least one.) I even wrote a toolset for very low-level (direct) VRM control on Linux. I2C bus confirms you ain't got shit that is controllable that is feeding MVDDC. On the other paw, my ASUS Direct CU II 290X has an IR3567B for the core - main loop feeds core, other one not active - but ALSO if you poke the bus, you'll find a friendly uP1801 (or similar) that feeds the memory.

Ghmm.... I'm not really sure what your claim here is, besides probably being educationally precise and insisting that VRM voltage should not be called memory voltage:)
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Nice 1billion+ memory errors  Shocked
if you refer to my pic above, I assure you it means nothing on ethash, as long as you don't get invalid shares.
I'd guess that all these are read errors being fixed in real time...
(EDIT: hynix mem with 1500 straps)
Activity: 71
my rig: http://subefotos.com/ver/?d32676a7bb2f0bde552d6dfc13e03d37o.jpg
rx580--clock 1130 and memory 2100mhz fan 50-60%
rx480 --clock 1130 and memory 2060mhz 60-70%
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Nice 1billion+ memory errors  Shocked
Activity: 11
It depends on GPU, settings, selected coin, it's price and net diff. For example, for SIA on stock 1070 ccminer shows 1400MH/s. In dual mode in v9.7 I get 650MH/s SIA (so 45% of pure SIA speed) with only 2% ETH lost (about 25.8MH/s instead of 26.4MH/s).
DCR speed is not so good, agreed.

After seeing this comment I spent some time today testing my 1070's with different -dcri settings.  I wasn't getting anywhere near that SC hash.  About 30.6mh/s eth and 309mh/s sia with default -dcri 30.

While testing on my main PC, I came to the conclusion that a -dcri 60 was about the best trade off for loss of ETH hash vs. gains of SC hash.  I was now getting around 29.5mh/s eth and 660mh/s sia.

I moved these new settings to the mining rig and the ETH hash just tanked.  Checking around I noticed that the cards wanted to draw more power with this new -dcri setting.  The 1070's in my rig are overclocked and the power was decreased.  Originally when I set up the rig, I tested the miner with ETH only and found I could get away with 75% power on the cards with no change to hash.

Increasing the -dcri seems to require more power.  I tried pushing the power to 112% and the hash rates just flew.  29.6mh/s and 693mh/s respectively.

Seems like quite a lot more power for that extra SIA hash.  Just posting as it's something people might want to consider.

TL;DR

-dcri 30, 75% power = 30.6mh/s eth, 307mh/s sia
-dcri 30, 112% power = 30.9mh/s eth, 309mh/s sia

-dcri 60, 75% power = 24.5mh/s eth, 490mh/s sia
-dcri 60, 112% power = 29.6mh/s eth, 693mh/s sia

Did you try experimenting with core clocks while dual mining?  I found 75dcri with a higher core clock for my 1070's gave me higher results for both ETH/SIA at the cost of even more power.  In the end I just decided dual mining wasnt worth the added power, heat, and stress along with the 2% eth tax.

I didn't this time, but as before I found that core didn't really effect ETH hash.  I had my core underclocked to reduce power/heat.

Good point about the extra tax, especially since I was running with low SIA hash.  Will have to think about it some more.

On the other hand, mining on my main PC I don't mind power/heat so I'll be playing with my OC's a bit more.
Jump to: