Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 718. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Does anybody tries new driver? Does this drivers fixed problem with droping hash because of Dag? I am not shure exactly what version of driver should fix this

I heard that new 17.7.2 drivers they are very good for mining...

Could you please provide the link to the source... Otherwise it's BS
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Besides, I expect a pretty big difficulty spike by the time a fix gets released.

So judging from the difficulty alone -even thought it may be a bit early to do that- should give us an idea that no, it does not fix the hashrate drop problem
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Read my answer a few replies ago about the new driver. Waiting for Claymore to confirm though.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Does anybody tries new driver? Does this drivers fixed problem with droping hash because of Dag? I am not shure exactly what version of driver should fix this

I heard that new 17.7.2 drivers they are very good for mining...
I didn't tried yet coz i am still using old 16.9.2 they are very good
Who tried out new drivers?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

You have output video on your cards or your internal gpu?

This is my test bench machine with 1 GPU only. The output is directly from my GPU HDMI.

So besides that AfterBurner issue, what is your experience concerning the EPOCH hashrate drop? Did they fixed that on the current driver?

I managed to overclock my card to 2000, but I haven't restarted the miner since, so I may have a lock screen on DAG generation. I cannot confirm yet since I am away and playing with teamviewer, so if the PC freezes I won't be able to restart it. Still waiting for my smartplug from Amazon. This is not bad but I do not think this is a DAG resolving release. I was at 27.3 before, I am at 27.5 now but with 50Mhz more in memory clock, that could be the only factor raising my Hashrate. I would not recommend this release yet, since without Afterburner, I cannot check the same settings and be definite about any opinion.

Claymore and Wolf0 should be the ones to really answer this question, since they have the real means to test bench this release.

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
New drivers screw up MSI Afterburner. Anyone tried them?

I had 27Mh/s on MSI rx470 Gaming X 4Gb, with 1100/1950.
Same settings through AMD Wattman give me 25.2Mh/s Max

Edit: I upped memory at 2000 and core at 1200 with wattman and got back to 27.3. Still AfterBurner sees nothing.

You have output video on your cards or your internal gpu?

Edit: I upped memory at 2000 and core at 1200 with wattman and got back to 27.3. Still AfterBurner sees nothing.

So besides that AfterBurner issue, what is your experience concerning the EPOCH hashrate drop? Did they fixed that on the current driver?
Activity: 106
what is causing these weird gaps and other colors to load in the claymore console?

This is how claymore work  Wink

ive never seen that on my other system. claymore does that on your system? a gap all the way down the prompt and different colors on the text that should be 1 color...like the fan are purple, then 1 part of the text is light blue?

No, only blue, green and white, not pink because I use the motherboard display not the card to have a total hashrate of first card, so I do not see the speed of the fan or tempe of the GPU, try to use another version of claymore, I use claymore V8.1

im using claymore 9.7 on 2 systems. the 1 system works fine, no issues. second one is doing this off colored text and spacing between text. its coming and going. not constant.

Hey Wolf0 thanks for your answer

You're also certainly not setting memory timings with Claymore's miner >.>

haha  Grin you got me there :p I meant clocks not timings (English is not my native language Undecided) I edited my post appropriately

Your memory errors aren't always the byproduct of tighter timings - they can often be a symptom of your timings just being ass - different GDDR5 models tolerate ham-fisted cut and paste timing butchery less, some more.

Yeah I guess that is the case, but since that specific timings are the only ones I have found online for my GPUs (RX 580 8GB Nitro+) I don't really have a choice. Well I could always try to "discover" (probably wrong word here as well  Embarrassed ) some timings myself if I find the time

You may as well remove "-mvddc 850" - because it's doing nothing at all.

Here I lost you. I was pretty sure that changing mvddc  affects performance. Of course if you say it doesn't, it surely doesn't but I am very curious to understand why I was wrong
Activity: 30
DAG 136 and so far no fix for Polaris, everytime dag increases Nvidia fanboys make a party hehe

I do something and i have total hashrate of my 4 card R9 390 8g, and i have 32.325 Mh/s per card ( T: 129.3 Mh/s )  Wink
what is causing these weird gaps and other colors to load in the claymore console?

https://i.imgur.com/Emr9Jyz.jpg

ive never seen that on my other system. claymore does that on your system? a gap all the way down the prompt and different colors on the text that should be 1 color...like the fan are purple, then 1 part of the text is light blue?

No, only blue, green and white, not pink because I use the motherboard display not the card to have a total hashrate of first card, so I do not see the speed of the fan or tempe of the GPU, try to use another version of claymore, I use claymore V8.1
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
DAG 136 and so far no fix for Polaris, everytime dag increases Nvidia fanboys make a party hehe

https://i.imgur.com/Emr9Jyz.jpg

Smiley hi people, Can I use Switching Power Supply BITMAN 1600 Watt in rig ether 4 x R9 390 8g.

anyone know if it work safely

Please help
Activity: 64
@kartikoli?

your line EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool asia1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x4c1Addresschanged.Lko1 -epsw x

my line same but has -mode 1  so I think you are trying to mine dual with only one pool specified

could  be wrong here but that is only diff of yours to mine. Give it a try and see, cant hurt.
Great post!
What do you use to set voltage? What are your GPU memory timings? Do you monitor GPU hardware errors? What are the frequencies and hashrates and dcri settings?

I user Claymore's miner to set voltage and timings clocks.

Here are my settings:

-esm 0 -estale 0 -asm 1 -dcri 30 -cclock 1150 -cvddc 875 -mclock 2150 -mvddc 850 -tstop 80 -tt 70 -fanmin 15 -fanmax 85 -mode 0

On some cards I have mclock to 2200 and on some cards I have cclock on 1140 but generally you get the idea.

As for the hashrates, I am getting 28.6MH/s ETH and 860MH/s DCR at the moment , but this "hashrate reference" will become obsolete with the next DAG file (in about an hour from now)

Before the hashrate drop because of larger DAG files began I used to have 30.5 per card

As for the GPU hardware errors, what do you mean? Do you mean incorrect shares? If yes, I experimented with lower timings trying to avoid them but they seem to be the outcome of tight VBIOS straps. Of course I am not willing to sacrifice 20%+ of my hashrate just to avoid <1% incorrect shares. By the way, I calculate that <1% by adding Rejected+Incorrect shares and dividing them by the Accepted Shares/100
Jump to: