Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 790. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
I'm currently use command lines for everything but I think i'm going to switch to config files. The main reason is the ability to push config files using Ethman. I will be able to switch my secondary coin with logging into each one of my machines.

With all that said, can someone post examples of their config, epool, dpool text files.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Using MSI Afterburner, AMD Wattman, whatever I try, as soon as I apply the new settings they go right back to the previous ones. My -cclock and -mclock parameters in Claymore are having no effect on anything. The weird thing is I have 2 of the exact same card (MSI RX 570 4G) and their settings are different (2000mhz vs 2150mhz memory clock) ... what could have caused this?

How can I regain control over my cards? I have one that is constantly getting incorrect shares so I need to underclock it a bit and I have two or three that could be pushed a little higher.

I've already uninstalled AMD settings so for now it appears Wattman is out of the picture.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I am having trouble with the gpu hanging at random intervals forcing me to reboot to release it.  Longest it runs is 6 hrs before it hangs. Sometimes it is as soon as 1 hr.

system specs:
AMD FX-8320E
Ram 24GB
GPU: MSI Red Devil RX-480 4GB @ factory O/C settings
display drivers: 16.12.2 (note: need this version for equihash miner to work)

bat file:
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool exp.suprnova.cc:3332 -ewal name.x-1 -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -allcoins exp -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal name.R-1 -dpsw x -mode 0 -tt 1 -ttli 80 -tstop 90 -fanmax 100 -dcri 30

miner version is 9.5

Temp stays around 75 and fan gets up to 35%

Ethash is 24M  and dcr is getting ~735M

any suggestions on what to change to prevent hanging?
Activity: 1
Can someone please please help me i am desperate!

Im mining with a 66 mhash rig on ETC. but i wanted to try the script normally used for this:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

After using these commands 1 of my cards went from 22 mhash to 4 mhash?!?!

i normally didn't use these command and just run with the single line: EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x

I have Logs which also have timestamps when it was good and when it changed after the Setx..

I notice that the DAG creation time for the wrong card takes 3 times as long as the other cards, other cards do 5000-5300ms and the wrong card now takes 15000-16000ms

PLEASE HELP ME! to get the card back at 22 Mhash, would really appreciate this.

Logs:
https://justpaste.it/189bk
https://justpaste.it/189bm

EDIT: i have 3x RX 470 4GB cards, is there a way to revert these commands?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hi, guys!
How many incorrect ETH shares are considered normal in dual mining mode?
I am getting from 0.3% to 1.3% incorrect shares with ETH (ethi 16) + DCR (dcri 20-30) with my RX480. In solo mining mode - from 0.1% to 0.5% incorrect ETH shares.
What are your results?

sounds like you might be overclocking a little to much  not stable dcri 20 - 30 is usually fine with rx480 alot of people use around dcri 25 -27 i believe
Activity: 80
hello,

i have a gtx 1080 ti on windows 10 , i have try everything but ethereum mining speed stays at 1.4 only, can you help me pls?? i will make a small donation to the guy that can help me thanks
install at least Anniversary Update for win10

its fully updated  Huh

hey dolores12 whats your start.bat file look like what settings are you using to overclock

hi, i dont run them with oc my bat is very simple ...just pools wallet and worker name tc ..do i have to add something?

you might just have to go through the readme file for options and also try different pools. but try  -esm 0
use the setx values

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

i also use -allpools 1 -mport 0
also make sure in windows your have the power settings right use high performance and check your bios settings to make sure there are no power saving settings turned on also.
Activity: 281
Hi, guys!
How many incorrect ETH shares are considered normal in dual mining mode?
I am getting from 0.3% to 1.3% incorrect shares with ETH (ethi 16) + DCR (dcri 20-30) with my RX480. In solo mining mode - from 0.1% to 0.5% incorrect ETH shares.
What are your results?
Activity: 47
Hi Claymore

When ethman is rebooting a miner sometimes it does not see it as running after the reboot. If i close ethman and reopen it sees it as running again.

Also when a miner is down or off the hashrate is still counted in the stats below.

Are these bugs or just happening for me?
Activity: 186
Anyone have big drop eth speed when mining eth+dcr with 9.5?

Yes. Me! Why? With eth-sia too. Genoil miner shows my 3 cards hashing at 80mhs where as claymores show just over 35mh TOTAL. Whats the deal?

You need to lower dcri.

Dcri 16 worked before, why not now?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
hello,

i have a gtx 1080 ti on windows 10 , i have try everything but ethereum mining speed stays at 1.4 only, can you help me pls?? i will make a small donation to the guy that can help me thanks
install at least Anniversary Update for win10

its fully updated  Huh

hey dolores12 whats your start.bat file look like what settings are you using to overclock

hi, i dont run them with oc my bat is very simple ...just pools wallet and worker name tc ..do i have to add something?
Activity: 2
I have a dual GTX 970 set up where one card runs slower than the other when mining ethereum. One runs at 22mh/s and the other around 16. However when i restart the miner, the other becomes the slower one and the one that was just running slow becomes the fast one. Im running windows 7 with latest nvidia drivers and cuda, but have tried on windows 10 with different mobo and different drivers and get the same. Any ideas?
Activity: 175
I think it is
Windows 10 Anniversary, r280x, mining from dwarfpool, 12.Mh/s

I tried esm: 0 as recommended - no joy!  The actual error is:
Code:
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":false}
Stratum - reading socket failed 10038, disconnect
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
Activity: 99
I think it is

Config.txt - dwarfpool entry rejected but epools.txt accepted ??  Speed increase?
Thanks.
Code:
Config.txt

-epool eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008
-ewal 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f04xxxxxxx/Howling
-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal DsUt9QagrYLvSkJHXCvhfiZHKafVtzd7Sq4
#-dpsw x
-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
#-asm 0
-ALLPOOLS: 0
Code:
epools.txt
]POOL: eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f045eC1xxxxxxxxxxx/rig1, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f045exxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rig1, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0
Activity: 16
Has anyone experienced claymore destroying your wifi connection? 

Without claymore running I can ping my gateway all <50ms.  As soon as claymore starts mining the connection seems to be wrecked. Pings drop and claymore cannot access the network. Some pings get through but very few and with huge delays (3000 ms).

The only solution I've seen people talk about is hardwiring.  I've noticed it only happens with my new router and my rig on the old router works.  However I cannot reach the old router from where I want the new rig.

I did find a way out of this, it looks like is some kind of interference of the GPUs working, Claymore does not have anything to do with this.
Had a free PCIe slot, have a PCIe wifi adapter, if I install it right on the slot the connection would be there but the system keep drooping shares, so I installed a raiser in order to get the wifi adapter far from the rig, now it works wonderfully

Just my 2 cents

wow, if this is the answer, I'll be so happy.  I am using windows 10 and a usb wifi chip.  I'll get a small hub and see if I can put the wifi card further away.  Last night when I tried the usb wifi was sitting right under the GPUs.  I was suspicious of interference, but didn't think too hard about it. 

Now that I think about it, an USB cable extension should be enough too, gonna buy me a few of those to find out

This solved my issue!  I still have router communication problems, but at least the rigs can talk! 

Much appreciated!

Ok, I'll admit that I thought you guys were crazy when you first brought this subject up but today I set my cell phone next to one of my rigs while I was working in the area.  After a while I picked it  up to check it and it was registering no service.  Didn't give it much thought and rebooted it just to make sure it wasn't messed up (it's an older android).  Later in the day I set it back down again in the same spot and a couple hours later I grabbed it and once again no service.

So there is something to the interference claim.  However, I don't think it is Claymore's problem.   He may have contributed to it by pushing the cards harder but, hey, isn't that what we want anyway?  If I were to guess I would imagine that the interference is from the cards being pushed hard and the fact that most of us are running open air chassis, there is no metal 'faraday cage' to shield the interference from being a problem like there would be if the GPU was in a normal computer case.
That's right Claymore does not have anything to do with this, is just an interference to the Wi-Fi frequency due to the big electronic field generated by that many GPUs working that close. As soon as you get the Wi-Fi receiver/transmitter away from them it works.

Agreed. It's not claymore, but it SURE looks like it is. Wifi works, start claymore, network goes down, stop claymore, network works.

This would be something to put in his FAQ.  I read through the read me and spent hours on google and did not find this solution. Everyone else just said "use Ethernet", which is fine, except these rigs are in my garage.
Activity: 175

Config.txt - dwarfpool entry rejected but epools.txt accepted ??  Speed increase?
Thanks.
Code:
Config.txt

-epool eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008
-ewal 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f04xxxxxxx/Howling
-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal DsUt9QagrYLvSkJHXCvhfiZHKafVtzd7Sq4
#-dpsw x
-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
#-asm 0
-ALLPOOLS: 0
Code:
epools.txt
]POOL: eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f045eC1xxxxxxxxxxx/rig1, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0

POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0x292E7fC3E74c355cABe8f7f045exxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rig1, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 0
Activity: 487
Merit: 266

Yes. Me! Why? With eth-sia too. Genoil miner shows my 3 cards hashing at 80mhs where as claymores show just over 35mh TOTAL. Whats the deal?

You need to lower dcri.
Activity: 487
Merit: 266
Hi, can anyone help with an unusual issue?

I'm dual mining ETH & DCR using V9.5 with the following .bat file entry for an Nvidia card:-

Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x1BB71ea7b1d111eCF789b305E2DF784cAe8918Bc.WorkerMiner1 -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal jaminben.WorkerMiner1 -dpsw password

Everything looks to be working ok my end but ethermine.org is reporting that the miner is offline.

I also have another rig which is also dual mining ETH & DCR using V9.5 with the following .bat file entry for an AMD cards:-

Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x1BB71ea7b1d111eCF789b305E2DF784cAe8918Bc.WorkerMiner2 -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal jaminben.WorkerMiner2 -dpsw password

This rig normally mines 59Mh/s but for some reason it's now only reporting on ethermine.org as 45Mh/s but on my screen it looks to be doing 59Mhs.

Have I missed a setting somewhere in my .bat files? It looks like some of my Mh/s is going else where for Eth and not to ethermine.org.

Thanks in advance for any assistance  Smiley

Local and pool hashrate can be different. The hashrate you see locally, doesn't mean you are effectively hashing at that speed. Tipically, overclocking too much will result in memory errors which affect the hashrate your pool reports.

The truth is, a card might be more efficient hashing at 27 than 29mh/s.

Just use hwinfo and check for cards throwing bazillions of errors. Reduce their memory frequency if it is the case until yoy see no more or very few.

Activity: 232
Ay why is claymore miner broken? Im getting 17mh/s per card but in genoli im getting 29mh/s per card. Whats the dealio? Claymore has run fine for a long time but now all of a sudden its hashing low and crashing?
Jump to: