Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 877. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Im curious as to why the DCR authentication fails. Is it buried somewhere here in these 500+ pages?
Same problem here. Using windows7/64bit with claymore 9.3 on decredpool.org
Activity: 15
I've configured miner to dual mine ETH + SIA, both on pool. How do I configure so I mine ETH on pool, but SIA SOLO?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Can anyone confirm that 9.3 finds a blocks in SOLO ? 650 MH\s and 11 days still no block. Bad luck ?
Activity: 1
Hi All,

I'm new here. I have a problem with configuration by dual mining: ETC + PASC. I'm mining just ETC, can someone take a look and find what is wrong here? Eventually what is better for dual mining?

start WattTool-0.92.exe 0.ini 6.ini 12.ini 18.ini 24.ini

timeout /t 10
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe  -epool etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999 -ewal 0x5596703cfc89215f2a211d9d55bb1c0be803a48d
.AL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 86646-64.563040a3da5d1068.AL -dbg 1 -tt 70 -dcri 20 -allpools 1 -mode 0 -mport 0 -ethi 8 -dcoin pasc -gser 1 -allcoins -1 -etha 1 -r 1

Activity: 2
Is there a port I have to set for the Miner? My W-lan hase no connection to the internet when miner is running. Any other ideas what the problem could be?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
How much more heat is being generated by dual-mining sia? I'm a bit concerned about that aspect now that summer is coming...

Quote from: immortal02
Anyone dual mining eth + Siacoin on RX 570 cards?

My asus model only gets about 22MH on eth and 660MH on sia. Card is modded and OC'ed. Any help would be appreciated
Ditto.

EDIT: Actually, playing with the -dcri does indeed help you the right balance.
It does however hit your hardware quite hard and both my miners crashed a few minutes in, so reverting to ETH-only for now.
Activity: 11
Anyone dual mining eth + Siacoin on RX 570 cards?

My asus model only gets about 22MH on eth and 660MH on sia. Card is modded and OC'ed. Any help would be appreciated
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
With proper maintenance, I plan to get these working for at least 2 years time [Reboot and dust-off every week + full cleaning and basic maintenance every other month + full check and fan greasing twice a year]

taking the fans off to grease them may void the warranty.

rigs require surprisingly little maintenance, depending of course on the environment. i have a rig in the living room (mining/gaming rig) with all filtered intake fans. i vacuum them once a week. last time i took the side panel off a few months ago i didnt need to to a thing, and its run 24/7 for ~2 years now.

the open frame rig in the basement gets taken outside every 6 months or so and blown out with an air compressor. make sure you use a qtip or something and hold the fans when blowing towards the fans so as to not overspin them. thats it. that rig is also about ~2 years old, although i replaced the motherboard about a year ago as the old mobo was too power hungry (core 2 quad Q6600).

fans? just get good cards with ball bearing fans. sleeve bearing fans dont tend to last as long.

as for reboots, just when i update them. otherwise they go for months at a time until the power blips or i work on them. although reboots certainly wont hurt anything.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Guys, I tried running 9.2 today for eth+sia with a 6*470 4gb rig and it gives me only 20.4mh per card for eth and 612 mh per card for sia.
I am able to get 28 mh per card for eth when mining eth+dcr and 880 mh for dcr.
Anyone experienced that? Isnt it supposed to mine eth at the same speed?
Using the bat config mentioned in the op.
Play with -dcri value to find your best hashrate. Use + or - key on your keyboard to increase or decrease the -dcri value on the fly. Once you are satisfied, write your dcri value to your .bat file.
Thanks! That worked, now mining with 28 mh eth and 400 mh sia per card
Thanks again
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Guys, I tried running 9.2 today for eth+sia with a 6*470 4gb rig and it gives me only 20.4mh per card for eth and 612 mh per card for sia.
Play with -dcri value to find your best hashrate. Use + or - key on your keyboard to increase or decrease the -dcri value on the fly. Once you are satisfied, write your dcri value to your .bat file.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Im curious as to why the DCR authentication fails. Is it buried somewhere here in these 500+ pages?
Yes it is. As long as you don't tell us which version of claymore and pool you are using, we can't help!
Activity: 18
Im having some weird problems with my WIFI whenever i run clay mores miner. When I am mining, my wifi is only working on my laptop in the same room as my rig and where my router is, but whenever I go to another room the wifi signal drops. If i turn claymore off/stop mining, my wifi is perfectly back to normal...can anyone explain this??

I am really curious about this as well.  My situation was with AT&T wireless boxes. Dual miner shuts them down making them unusable.  I even plugged into a brighthouse router before I had that turned off and dual miner still shut down the AT&T wireless boxes on separate network. 
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
Activity: 3
Any reason -ttli doesn't work for cards past GPU0? using "-ttli 62,62,62,62 -tt 60,60,60,60" for example.
Mining on Win10, miner version 9.3, got a mix of rx480 and 580 going. Tried -ttli, -ttdcri, -tstop, but all seem to work on #0 only. Would appreciate any pointers.

Edit:
I was connecting with Remote Desktop Connection and that creates a dummy GPU that really screws up the GPU indexing. Tried Teamviewer but it doesn't work without a screen/HDMI dummy attached. Using Splashtop to launch miners for now, can do the rest on RDC.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I am getting very inconsistent hashrates using claymore 9.3 with my msi 570s. They jump back and forth from 19 to 29.5 mh/s, averaging about 23mh/s at the pool. I'm using a MSI Gaming M5 board with 4 cards, running linux. Has anyone experienced this?
Activity: 4
Hey everybody !

After countless hours of research, and obviously reading a lot about AMD cards Ether mining crown, I decided to do full Nvidia for a first 6xGPUs dedicated rig. I figured out that even if the hashrate is a bit lower than with RX 4XX cards on ETH, it also offers more possibilities on other cryptos. We don't want to forget that ETH is announced to go POS since last year. Plus, on the power consumption side, no battle here, Nvidia holds the 1st place by far.

Just a heads up on POS for ETH. If I am not mistaken, from what I read, ETH is moving to POS but will still be using POW as the POS they are going to be using is experimental and is going to be a test run as they don't want to get rid of POW until they are sure that the POS idea they want to use is feasible and working. Maybe I am wrong but that is what I understand from what I have read. Also, there are forks that will be using POW for the foreseeable future, especially newer forks such as Ubiq.

One article I can remember that stated first steps would be a hybrid POW/POS system: https://www.ethnews.com/proof-of-stake-vitalik-buterin-shares-casper-contract-code
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hey everybody !

After countless hours of research, and obviously reading a lot about AMD cards Ether mining crown, I decided to do full Nvidia for a first 6xGPUs dedicated rig. I figured out that even if the hashrate is a bit lower than with RX 4XX cards on ETH, it also offers more possibilities on other cryptos. We don't want to forget that ETH is announced to go POS since last year. Plus, on the power consumption side, no battle here, Nvidia holds the 1st place by far.

I read as much as I could of this very thread, and checked the results on whattomine.com, but I'm still wondering what hashrates Nvidia users actually get in the real world, out of the theoritical field.

I'm already mining ETH+LBC with 2 GTX970 [41MHs/64MHs], for it happened to be the most valuable combo so far, but I doubt these results are accurate for a proper upgrade to GTX1070.

I also would like to ask what GTX1070 brand/model you're using, and eventually why. I'm looking for a good average between performance and longevity. With proper maintenance, I plan to get these working for at least 2 years time [Reboot and dust-off every week + full cleaning and basic maintenance every other month + full check and fan greasing twice a year]

I decided to buy GTX1070, but I've got a very nice opportunity for an EVGA GTX1080 SC, and was wondering as well, if people had performance feedback about this very GPU. As far as I can read, it seemed like 1080 weren't doing very good, and looked like it was because of a lack of optimisation [on top of the DDR5x issue]. Do you know if this has been fixed, or it will just be uncompatible at all ?

Cheers !

This is a great topic which deserves a separate thread! Mixing all sorts of things in one thread makes information un-accessible.
Activity: 53
Hey everyone, was just curious if anyone knew what endpoints the miner exposes?
I've tried looking around but there isn't any documentation, explanations, examples for how to monitor the miner with our own programs, there is only the program bundled with it but that only works on windows and only works on a local network which is very limiting.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hey everybody !

I read as much as I could of this very thread, and checked the results on whattomine.com, but I'm still wondering what hashrates Nvidia users actually get in the real world, out of the theoritical field.

I'm already mining ETH+LBC with 2 GTX970 [41MHs/64MHs], for it happened to be the most valuable combo so far, but I doubt these results are accurate for a proper upgrade to GTX1070.

I also would like to ask what GTX1070 brand/model you're using, and eventually why. I'm looking for a good average between performance and longevity. With proper maintenance, I plan to get these working for at least 2 years time [Reboot and dust-off every week + full cleaning and basic maintenance every other month + full check and fan greasing twice a year]

I decided to buy GTX1070, but I've got a very nice opportunity for an EVGA GTX1080 SC, and was wondering as well, if people had performance feedback about this very GPU. As far as I can read, it seemed like 1080 weren't doing very good, and looked like it was because of a lack of optimisation [on top of the DDR5x issue]. Do you know if this has been fixed, or it will just be uncompatible at all ?

Cheers !
Jump to: