Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 878. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
It was here a lot of times. Use VNC, don't use RDP. Disable crossfire.

Thank you!

I tried searching but this thread is so huge I wasn't able to make heads or toes :p

Will this solution make the temps show or will this solution make it faster with the dummy plugged in?

cheers and thanks!
Ed
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
@vapourminer and @Teress: Do you think that the server's response time is so important? If I ping eu2.ethermine.org I get 40-500ms response time (I'm from Budapest and I use a cable internet connection provided by Telekom).

even with my 200-300 ms pings my rejects are pretty much in line with everyone elses that have ~100 ms pings. basically my rejects are < 1%. and ive been mining with wireless 3g evdo since 2011.

once you hit over 500 ms i would think you would be losing shares.
I have ZERO rejects...
I have an interesting issue:

If I start claymore mining on my 4 GPU rig without a monitor attached it shows only the temperature for the first card.
All 4 cards are mining but only the purple temp shows up for GPU0.

So I bought an HDMI dummy plug.  I put it in the card on PCI-E primary and now Claymore shows all four temperatures - the issue is now card 1 is mining at 4mh/s instead of 26mh/s ?!?

Cards are MSI RX480 8G Gaming X.

Does anyone know how to either:
Get the temp to show up for all 4 cards without a monitor
OR
Not have the card slow down to a crawl when the dummy plug is plugged in?

cheers and thanks in advance,
Ed

Another stupid one, how do you disable crossfire?
In AMD control center or how is it called.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
@vapourminer and @Teress: Do you think that the server's response time is so important? If I ping eu2.ethermine.org I get 40-500ms response time (I'm from Budapest and I use a cable internet connection provided by Telekom).

even with my 200-300 ms pings my rejects are pretty much in line with everyone elses that have ~100 ms pings. basically my rejects are < 1%. and ive been mining with wireless 3g evdo since 2011.

once you hit over 500 ms i would think you would be losing shares.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0

If I start claymore mining on my 4 GPU rig without a monitor attached it shows only the temperature for the first card.

So I bought an HDMI dummy plug.  I put it in the card on PCI-E primary and now Claymore shows all four temperatures - the issue is now card 1 is mining at 4mh/s instead of 26mh/s ?!?

OR

Ed

Another stupid one, how do you disable crossfire?
Activity: 41

Im so happy with the 2 i got for testing that i already ordered 16 more, to complete 3 itx rigs.

They've been running no trouble at 25.4 mh/s @ 97-102W since mounting.   (51Mh/s @ 204W)

The little heat they make compared to all other cards i have is astonishing.
I regret buying rx480s .. should have waited and got 20 more if these instead.

About 4gb ... it should hold for a while.
At the price im getting these cards i have ROI on 2 months, maybe even less... beyond that its bonus...
When/IF eth hits 4gh, I will just have to move those rigs to other coins. But this should be way way way way way beyond ROI.

Imagine what these sweet small monsters can do with modded bios  Cool

Nah, man, ROI is 3 months, for ETH only mining.

What results do you get for dual mining the 4 available alt coins ?

@frostminer - Did you have time to test these little RX 570ITX on ETH+SIA/DCR/LBRY/PASC ? Interested in getting your hashrates, man. Ordered one alongside a "twice the price" 1070 to run my own tests, but still, very interested in getting your settings and results. I should be able to post mines in about a week or so.

Most probably asked already 1000 times, but can't be f****d to go down the whole 540 pages : What's the most effective OS, between W7 and Ubuntu LTS, running AMDs on one hand [RX480 and/or RX570], and Nvidias on the other [GTX1070] ? Might have the adequate budget to build both models, but still looking for efficiency stats Smiley

Activity: 74
Hello guys

Say please hashrate for 1080ti OC mode  ( eth+pasc, eth+sc, eth+lbc )

Thank you

OR

Ed

Activity: 96

OR

Ed
Guys.. my GPUs are working on ethermine.org pool, I have 3% of stale shares.

Is that normal? Can I reduce the number of stale shares?

Or that is a problem with the pool? For example: the pool gives the same job for multiple users/workers?

That is normal. I have 2-5% stale.

Thanks. But.. that means 2-5% of my hashrate/GPUs are working for nothing?! That's a very huge number!
Underclock the GPU by a lot and undervolt it as much as possible to be stable. Then overclock the memory and undervolt it too till stable. You should get less then 1% stale this way. The hash rate will be 1-2% lower, but it's better then the 3-4% stales. It'll also use less power and the temperatures will be lower too.

Edit: ^That's about incorrect shares, not stale shares.

@equipoise: Thank you, I'm doing that way since I mine Ether. I think that incorrect shares and stale shares are not the same.. am I wrong?

@Claymore, thank you very much!  Wink

Yes, ping is very important. You need low and constant ping time. I mine ETH on server with constant ping 20ms and shares are accepted from 32 to 110ms there. 40-500ms is very high spread which influences stale shares. You need to deliver your work to server as fast as possible.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Dumb question... what is about with VEGA from AMD super compute will super mh/s ? Shocked
Do you have one?
Just wait till Clay has it and we will all see Wink
Activity: 100
Looks like its time to mine siacoin instead of decred.  Anyone made the switch or currently mine SC and have a recommendation on which pool is the best to use?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

Or that is a problem with the pool? For example: the pool gives the same job for multiple users/workers?

Thanks. But.. that means 2-5% of my hashrate/GPUs are working for nothing?! That's a very huge number!
Underclock the GPU by a lot and undervolt it as much as possible to be stable. Then overclock the memory and undervolt it too till stable. You should get less then 1% stale this way. The hash rate will be 1-2% lower, but it's better then the 3-4% stales. It'll also use less power and the temperatures will be lower too.

Edit: ^That's about incorrect shares, not stale shares.

@equipoise: Thank you, I'm doing that way since I mine Ether. I think that incorrect shares and stale shares are not the same.. am I wrong?

@Claymore, thank you very much!  Wink
Activity: 37
Hi Guys and Gals,

What driver Version for AMD RX 4xx or 5xx are you using?
I cannot get the old 15.12 to run on Win10 1703.
Are the newer Versions fine with you performance and stability wise?

cheers!

Im currently using 16.9.2 as when I use the latest driver changing the clock speeds makes my cards go to 4mhz

Did you resolve this? When i start messing with afterburner, my cards also drop to 4 MH/s. Resetting to default and rebooting seems to help. I am afraid to touch atm.

I just keep changing drivers to find what works as new problems keep occurring. With 16.9.2 it works and I dont get the 4.1mhz drop but now I cant get over 1950ish for memory clock without my rig having to restart.
Activity: 20
Dumb question... what is about with VEGA from AMD super compute will super mh/s ? Shocked
Activity: 19
What should a Stock Fury X get with 9.3? Also what drivers should I use for it. I am running 16.3.2 and getting 29 H/s
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Claymore
Hi can you create api pass for SC, if i use sc wallet on 1 farm - all good, but when i use on 2 farm, i need use api pass in miner for connect to sc siad in another farm. SC use api security and in miner i need enter api pass. But claymore just say @Api auth wrong pass@. =(
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

Everybody has that kind of rate, so you  are not losing.

depends on pool probably. my two rigs at nicehash get 0.70% and 0.18% stales. and my pings are in the 200s. i use a 3g evdo modem for internet.

Everybody has that kind of rate, so you  are not losing.
Not everybody! I've spent about 3 month to find out which pool, which server, how many gpus to connect, miner, miner version - meets my needs and now my accepted hashrate on pool is even higher then my reported hashrate. Well, not all the time, but mostly...
Ethermine for me was really not good. Always about 10% lower then my reported hashrate. But maybe someone who is closest to some of their server have another expierence.
Find your closest server, be sure you have ZERO memory errors, it's the base.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Pool can use stale shares for uncles:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5532/ethermine-org-the-fastest-way-to-mine-ether/p12
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/4ntttz/reducing_stale_shares/
Jump to: