Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 915. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Windows 7 / 16.9.1 Drivers using 6  RX480.   Windows sees all 6 but two have diver issues in device manager and will not mine.  Anyone know how
Windows 7 / 16.9.1 Drivers using 6  RX480.   Windows sees all 6 but two have diver issues in device manager and will not mine.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,
You need a patch to enable 6 cards in win7. I don't have a link to it.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Windows 7 / 16.9.1 Drivers using 6  RX480.   Windows sees all 6 but two have diver issues in device manager and will not mine.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I'm a bit out of the loop.  Is it still possible to mine on a 2GB AMD HD 7850?  I am getting an error about the DAG size.  Are we over 2GB now?  I am still syncing the blockchain, so I can't find the file size on my local computer and have had no luck searching for it online.

I read some posts forum last year saying we would switch to POS instead of POW before the DAG size goes over the 2GB limit.

they are still in pow ...but not for long...for education shit etc...if you like buy a 480 etc card...!!  for profit ...just it's too late to go in ethereum mining ..
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I'm a bit out of the loop.  Is it still possible to mine on a 2GB AMD HD 7850?  I am getting an error about the DAG size.  Are we over 2GB now?  I am still syncing the blockchain, so I can't find the file size on my local computer and have had no luck searching for it online.

I read some posts forum last year saying we would switch to POS instead of POW before the DAG size goes over the 2GB limit.
unLESS YOU HAVE A 4GB OR LARGER CARD ALSO IN THE RIG, THE 2GB WON'T MINE. Try mining Musicoin+DCR in dual mining. (Sorry for the caps but I'm too lazy to retype it all). I think you can also mine zcash/zclassic
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I'm a bit out of the loop.  Is it still possible to mine on a 2GB AMD HD 7850?  I am getting an error about the DAG size.  Are we over 2GB now?  I am still syncing the blockchain, so I can't find the file size on my local computer and have had no luck searching for it online.

Activity: 3
it
"ETH - Total Speed: 170.238 Mh/s, Total Shares: 4, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 28.628 Mh/s, GPU1 26.941 Mh/s, GPU2 28.686 Mh/s, GPU3 28.567 Mh/s, GPU4 28.715 Mh/s, GPU5 28.701 Mh/s
 DCR - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0
 DCR: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s, GPU3 0.000 Mh/s, GPU4 0.000 Mh/s, GPU5 0.000 Mh/s
 DCR: Stratum - Cannot connect to dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
 DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...|
for me
do you have any DCR pool more , or what should i dualmining , Thank , and would you please advise me what to mining / SIA , PASCAL / LRBY for most profiable now
Thank in advance
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
 DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

all dcr pool die ? anyone like me , coinmine.pl too

suprnova is working just fine  Wink
Activity: 3
 DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

all dcr pool die ? anyone like me , coinmine.pl too
Activity: 64
@Claymore

Can you define me how to add worker in config/or epools or something like that.

For example i just want to have something like define WORKER=WORKER1

So that in start.bat i have -dwal ethadress.%worker% for example or nothing and after . it will add worker.
Something like that ?
Activity: 5
I am having trouble with two of my ASUS strix rx 480s. They keep crashing my computer and I keep on lowering the mem clock but they still are crashing. I have another rx 480 that is at 2250 MHz but the ASUS strix rx 480s are around 2000mhz and I don't know how long that will last. Also, what memory overclock do you guys do. By the way, my cards don't have bios mods. Also I am running the latest claymore with crimson 12.12.2.

I feel like we all are stealing claymore's thread here, but anyway, isn't 2250 too much ? What's  your card's memory vendor?
You should check other threads for bios mods for your card, like memory straps and whatnot, you can probably go here:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9650/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-8gb-11260-01-20g-modded-bios-29-mh-downvolt

It's for a sapphire, but you can get your data/tutorials from there, i'd recommend you to make your custom bios carefully , instead of just "braindead" flashing others's.
For instance, I have 6 rx 470, that haven't worked with anyone elses's bioses but mine so... you get the idea, just read read read, study, and mod it.
Also for the drivers, go for 16.11.5, as 16.12 will not let you biosmod, unless you modify the drivers
You won't go far without biosmod

My memory vendor for the two cards is Samsung. Its weird that they get outperformed by a the xfx reference card though.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
I am having trouble with two of my ASUS strix rx 480s. They keep crashing my computer and I keep on lowering the mem clock but they still are crashing. I have another rx 480 that is at 2250 MHz but the ASUS strix rx 480s are around 2000mhz and I don't know how long that will last. Also, what memory overclock do you guys do. By the way, my cards don't have bios mods. Also I am running the latest claymore with crimson 12.12.2.

I feel like we all are stealing claymore's thread here, but anyway, isn't 2250 too much ? What's  your card's memory vendor?
You should check other threads for bios mods for your card, like memory straps and whatnot, you can probably go here:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9650/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-8gb-11260-01-20g-modded-bios-29-mh-downvolt

It's for a sapphire, but you can get your data/tutorials from there, i'd recommend you to make your custom bios carefully , instead of just "braindead" flashing others's.
For instance, I have 6 rx 470, that haven't worked with anyone elses's bioses but mine so... you get the idea, just read read read, study, and mod it.
Also for the drivers, go for 16.11.5, as 16.12 will not let you biosmod, unless you modify the drivers
You won't go far without biosmod
Activity: 5
Activity: 307
Yes I'm from germany. I really wouldnt mine if I had to pay for electricity. But my rental fee for my flat includes electricity cost - no matter how much I use.
Same here Smiley
But that will change soon, when I move to the "Eigentumswohnung" of my parents Wink
That's why I checked the prices...
Activity: 307
Just a question: Is anybody here from Germany? Because I figured out, that the price of the electricity here is 2 times higher than the profit of mining ETH if I have to pay the bill myself Huh
The price here is about 0.28 €/kWh.
Activity: 51

AMD doesn't have a reference rx470 it's a bullshit hack made by the card manufacturers and the MSI cards I got are all garbage and I have to RMA all of them, the ones with Hynix ram are non-functional and the Samsung cards no longer work in 32 bit mode. The fan is screwed on the remaining armor card.

FUCK MSI AND FUCK HYNIX AND FUCK YOU TOO ASSWIPE, ARTIFICIALLY REDUCING NOTHING.

Once again, you must be doing something seriously wrong to kill that many cards in such a short span.
There is no way you received 7 "defective" cards of multiple models.

Hynix memory RX 470s work just fine, most will do ~1900mhz or so without memory errors, the occasional one will handle a bit higher.

If you cannot figure out what you did wrong, you'll probably end up killing the next batch too.
My suspicion would be some issue with power supply and/or risers.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Anyone have RX 570 or 580?

AMD's newest driver only support 5 cards, BSOD on the 6th. I tried 6 470s same problem.

Have anyone had any luck getting 6 RX 570 or 580 working on Windows 10? I'm not sure if the older drivers will let me install.

i wonder the same.

I tried 6x 570 no luck....

Also has anyone tried to mix 470 with 570 on same rig? or 480 with 580? ANy luck? I got 5 of them working with 17.4.3 drivers but.... 1 off them still has code 43. So i didnt even tried putting a 6th one...

I got a 580 the other day running fine with my 2 480s just used the driver disk which has "driver ver: 13-09(win7/10 64bit)(17.10.1030)" on it

did you mod the bios for those? cause i did. forgot to mention it.
not moded i believe a mix of 470,480, 570, 580 would work. bigger question is how to get a mix of 6 cards running or 6 not mixed cards running while they are modded

all my cards are stock bios, modding isn't something im keen on but I can see the appeal
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Can I mix two RX 470 with one RX 570? What drivers should I use? Thanks...

Yes you can if not modded.
Drivers 17.4.4
If modded youll need a patch atikmdag-patcher.

Thanks. Yes, all my cards have modded bios. So 17.4.4 will work also for RX4xx series? Sure I need then patch drivers.
they will

OK, they will. But as good as on 16.11.5 driver? I mean same speed?

i was using 16.9.2 didnt see significant change. Anyway even if you loose some speed you need 17.4.4 for 570 to work unless you wanna put it on the shelve or in another rig. If not you need 17.4.4

Thanks. I just wanted to know some expierence from someone, who already combined 400 series with 500 series and know his exact results.

BTW today I reflashed all card and created new settings for Wattman. Why? Because I've found my 2 GPUz had soooo many memory errors. It was running good, 3 cards calculated over 88 Mhs with all these errors. Now after I changed everything I have 84 Mhs reported but NO MEMORY ERRORS and 15W less wall power. But also it seems my calculated hashrate on pool will be lower than reported. So I absolutelly don't understand it Smiley With errors I've got higher calculated hashrate then reported, with no errors I/ve got lower hashrate. Something strange in my country Smiley But I will see after few hours...
Activity: 48

Drivers 17.4.4

Thanks. Yes, all my cards have modded bios. So 17.4.4 will work also for RX4xx series? Sure I need then patch drivers.
they will

i was using 16.9.2 didnt see significant change. Anyway even if you loose some speed you need 17.4.4 for 570 to work unless you wanna put it on the shelve or in another rig. If not you need 17.4.4
Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Drivers 17.4.4

they will

Activity: 48

Drivers 17.4.4

they will
Jump to: