Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 917. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hi guys ! Correct me if Im wrong. If i see 1100 watt from the wall on my wattmeter , so on 80+ Standard PSU its 1100*0.8=880 power load of PSU. And its good enough for PSUs working conditions (1000Watt Chieftech)?
I mean its about 85% of its full load.

Right ?

If you have a 1000W PSU how can you see 1100 at the wall? Something is wrong...

The 80+ standard is a measure of efficiency. No PSU will deliver 100% of its nominal output, 10~20% is lost in heat.

Therefore, a 1000W PSU will only deliver ~800W within a limited range of loads, and not at full load. Got it?

A 1000W PSU will never "suck" 1100w from the wall....

That is not correct.
See here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-ax1500i-titanium-power-supply,4276-4.html

"Load Regulation And Efficiency Measurements
The first set of tests reveals the stability of the voltage rails and the PSU's efficiency. The applied load equals (approximately) 10 to 110 percent of the maximum load the supply can handle, in increments of 10 percentage points...... 1500W PSU Output - 1549.07W, efficiecny -89.04%, PSU input 1739.84W ......"

Interesting article. Looks like 50% As well as 100% load are not efficient mode of operation. from 80 to 90 % is the best PSU load.

Cool... cuz my 3 1200W Plat PSU's are all at around 1000w... so right in that sweet-spot range Smiley

A bit off-topic but avoid MSI like the plague and make sure your RX cards have Samsung RAM only, exchage any Hynix RAM cards before its too late! I'm going on 3 weeks now waiting on MSI for RMA. 100% defect rate on 7 of their cards, even the one armor card had fan barrings go after a week.

I have had more than a dozen MSI gaming X 470+480. Not a single one failed, all except two were Hynix.
On the other hand, out of a similar number of Sapphire Nitros, one failed (ball bearings, screeching sound and on another one fan was making noises, but card was working, so i just had it replaced).

Yeah, I'm not sure what this supposed issue with Hynix RAM is on MSI 400 series. I really wonder if it's people trying to aritficially reduce the demand for the remaining few new ones still in the market so they can hoard them themselves. I personally have been running 21 MSI 470's for between 2-7 months... 17 of the 21 have Hynix and the other 4 have Samsung.  To date, have not had 1 issue with any of these cards, including all 17 Hynix ones. In fact, 4 of these have probably been in use for more than a year as I bought them used from Philima1957. So again, not real sure what's driving a few people to bash Hynix but i have not experienced or heard reliable accounts of any real issues.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
A bit off-topic but avoid MSI like the plague and make sure your RX cards have Samsung RAM only, exchage any Hynix RAM cards before its too late! I'm going on 3 weeks now waiting on MSI for RMA. 100% defect rate on 7 of their cards, even the one armor card had fan barrings go after a week.

I have had more than a dozen MSI gaming X 470+480. Not a single one failed, all except two were Hynix.
On the other hand, out of a similar number of Sapphire Nitros, one failed (ball bearings, screeching sound and on another one fan was making noises, but card was working, so i just had it replaced).

Well I got a load of garbage cards from MSI, buyer beware. 32 bit mode got fried on two of the MSI cards while plugged directly into the pcie slot, so I know it's not the risers and other brands (gigabyte, sapphire & powercolor) all working fine.

bizarre, I just had two MSI 570 gaming X activated directly in pcie slots-no prob so far, although it took me a while to bring the Z170-AR mobo up to speed so it boots properly. Asus Z170AR surely has some bizarre default settings. I especially dislike the fact that it refuses to boot using ram that they did not describe in the table (and for crucial 4gb there is only ONE type that is anointed).
Nevertheless, upon some tinkering my other RAM booted anyway.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
The 75 watts is not supplied by the powered riser. The main power for the GPU comes from the six or eight pin 12 volt power connector specifically designed for high end graphics cards. The power to the riser replaces the supplementary power that would be provided by the PCI-E slot which is not much power at all.

really? it was a scandal that polaris takes more from pcie that the spec allows
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10,4616-9.html

EDIT: "We skipped long-term overclocking and overvolting tests, since the Radeon RX 480’s power consumption through the PCIe slot jumped to an average of 100W, peaking at 200W. We just didn’t want to do that to our test platform."
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Ethermine is not working for me for the past hour or so.

Claymore can not resolve any of the servers.

Ethpool, which is a sister site, works fine.

Anyone else encountered a similar issue?

Working fine here, which endpoint are you using?

GPU0 t=55C fan=84%, GPU1 t=55C fan=84%, GPU2 t=54C fan=84%, GPU3 t=51C fan=80%, GPU4 t=58C fan=84%, GPU5 t=57C fan=84%
ETH: 04/27/17-21:26:54 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:14444
ETH - Total Speed: 172.047 Mh/s, Total Shares: 6671, Rejected: 2, Time: 44:38
ETH: GPU0 28.702 Mh/s, GPU1 28.645 Mh/s, GPU2 28.700 Mh/s, GPU3 28.687 Mh/s, GPU4 28.656 Mh/s, GPU5 28.656 Mh/s
  DCR - Total Speed: 4301.177 Mh/s, Total Shares: 8546, Rejected: 66
  DCR: GPU0 717.560 Mh/s, GPU1 716.130 Mh/s, GPU2 717.512 Mh/s, GPU3 717.164 Mh/s, GPU4 716.401 Mh/s, GPU5 716.410 Mh/s

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Ethermine is not working for me for the past hour or so.

Claymore can not resolve any of the servers.

Ethpool, which is a sister site, works fine.

Anyone else encountered a similar issue?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
would it be beneficial at all to the ethereum network for me to run nodes on all my rigs, or would it be a waste of power?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Hi guys....

I have (had Sad ) 42 MSI rx 470
12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470
12 Sapphire reference 470 cards.

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

Anyone else have that many breakdowns lately?

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
Sapphire Nitro+ never broke for 5 months before this....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.
PSU are Be quiet pro 2x 1200 and and Platimaxe's 1600.

I used to use -96 core woltage in afterburner.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

Or maybe someone else has unusual high rate of failing cards recently?

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem

You really were right, 2 "rise 003 version" burned, I have 2 "rise 006 version" is perfect.

4 x RX 480

https://ibb.co/hNTdJ5
https://ibb.co/ewRXd5
https://ibb.co/g64JJ5

fyi,
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#peripheral

the 4 pin peripheral power cable only good for 5 amps that's 60w for 12v

and SATA power cable side only rated for 4.5 amps

i am not surprised it would melt over 75w constant load overtime. (and you should know RX480 will draw more that that on pci-e power draw.)

you need to get pci-e 6 pin powered raisers (do not use the provided sata to pci-e 6pin power cable with raisers if any!). and do not use extension to keep in specification with standard 18awg wires.

only safe way is to get PSU with adequate PCI-E 6pin power outlet.

I am using VER 006C 1703 btw

often monitor temperature with infrared thermometer gun on the connectors to make sure that no loose connection that cause electrical sparking that will cause heat up and melt your parts.

The 75 watts is not supplied by the powered riser. The main power for the GPU comes from the six or eight pin 12 volt power connector specifically designed for high end graphics cards. The power to the riser replaces the supplementary power that would be provided by the PCI-E slot which is not much power at all. The use of powered risers is to relieve the stress from the motherboard of supporting PCI-E bus power to too many cards, but this is by no means the main source of the graphics card power source. I am using risers with a molex to SATA adapter with SATA power from the PSU. I check the temps and the wires stay below 30C, which is about my room temp where I am located. They should not melt or get hot unless very thin, cheap wires was used to make them.
Activity: 8
Hi guys....

12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem

You really were right, 2 "rise 003 version" burned, I have 2 "rise 006 version" is perfect.

4 x RX 480

fyi,
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#peripheral

the 4 pin peripheral power cable only good for 5 amps that's 60w for 12v

and SATA power cable side only rated for 4.5 amps

i am not surprised it would melt over 75w constant load overtime. (and you should know RX480 will draw more that that on pci-e power draw.)

you need to get pci-e 6 pin powered raisers (do not use the provided sata to pci-e 6pin power cable with raisers if any!). and do not use extension to keep in specification with standard 18awg wires.

only safe way is to get PSU with adequate PCI-E 6pin power outlet.

I am using VER 006C 1703 btw

often monitor temperature with infrared thermometer gun on the connectors to make sure that no loose connection that cause electrical sparking that will cause heat up and melt your parts.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Well , I'm not sure if having a screen plugged in on you onboard VGA have anything to do with bad hashing, I'm running Win 10 pro with monitor on my onboard VGA and mining on 2 X RX480 8Gb, it does not make a difference when I unplug it..

Does anyone ells think it's better to have no screen attached?   

I am running Win 10 Creators Edition (1703). Have a monitor connected to HDMI and use the computer as my main computer. Hardly anything affects hashing rate. Watching a video affects it slightly. The only thing that stops hashing is running Photoshop as it takes over the card to use to speed up the editing. This computer has one RX 470 in it. Other rig with multi GPU also running Windows 10.
Activity: 9
Hi guys....

12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470

Any ideas are welcome.

4 x RX 480

glad you caught the problem. all i can say is that's very dangerous and can cause fire hazard. I wasn't aware of that until it happened to me.

Like someone else mentioned, it would be good to have a decent company make quality parts.
And about the difference between v003 and v007, i don't know, only thing i can think of is maybe better electronic components on it to prevent issues.

But now i have an other problem, i was stupid enough to attempt to upgrade radeon driver from 16.6 to 17.4.3 and that screwed my Win10 system completely. Doesn't boot anymore and can't even boot in safe mode.
I so hate Radeon and their bad programmers. Anyway, was late last night and i have 5 rx480 sleeping at the moment, gonna have to fix that tonight after work. ;/

This is 17.4.3 problem, is very simple to solve, just leave 4 GPU connected and try start W10 normally, then run clean uninstall AMD drivers and try 17.1.2

It work for me.

Hope that can help you.  Cool Cool

Activity: 54
Well , I'm not sure if having a screen plugged in on you onboard VGA have anything to do with bad hashing, I'm running Win 10 pro with monitor on my onboard VGA and mining on 2 X RX480 8Gb, it does not make a difference when I unplug it..

Does anyone ells think it's better to have no screen attached?   
Activity: 13
Hi. Does anyone else get lower hashrates with v9.2? I get 173-174 Mh/s with v7.1. But only 168-169 with v9.2? I use the exact same config files?

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Anyone have RX 570 or 580?

AMD's newest driver only support 5 cards, BSOD on the 6th. I tried 6 470s same problem.

Have anyone had any luck getting 6 RX 570 or 580 working on Windows 10? I'm not sure if the older drivers will let me install.

i wonder the same.

I tried 6x 570 no luck....

Also has anyone tried to mix 470 with 570 on same rig? or 480 with 580? ANy luck? I got 5 of them working with 17.4.3 drivers but.... 1 off them still has code 43. So i didnt even tried putting a 6th one...

And MOBO is?
Activity: 176
Since we are all friends here, how do i get this  information showing on my miner?  Smiley   power usage, efficiency etc

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

Well I got a load of garbage cards from MSI, buyer beware. 32 bit mode got fried on two of the MSI cards while plugged directly into the pcie slot, so I know it's not the risers and other brands (gigabyte, sapphire & powercolor) all working fine.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
hi guys, have bigg problem, I tried everything to solve problem and noting, have 6x rx480 8gb asus dual(mod bios), use claymore 9.2, driver 16.10.2, have bigg fluctuation, try to change drivers, try to change overcloak, try to change -ethi and -dcri, and same problem GPU activite all time 100% - 0%, and mh/s 30mh/s to 5mh/s ...... plz some help or any idea for this problem .. ??

Do you have a second screen connected?
I could solve this jumps by unplugging my second screen which was plugged into my mainboard
Yep i have second screen, I would be very grateful if you can solve problem
Teamviewer:  ID:880275766    pass:y2us61

dude, send that info by PM to him. Seriously.

We're all friends here  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Activity: 176
hi guys, have bigg problem, I tried everything to solve problem and noting, have 6x rx480 8gb asus dual(mod bios), use claymore 9.2, driver 16.10.2, have bigg fluctuation, try to change drivers, try to change overcloak, try to change -ethi and -dcri, and same problem GPU activite all time 100% - 0%, and mh/s 30mh/s to 5mh/s ...... plz some help or any idea for this problem .. ??

I could solve this jumps by unplugging my second screen which was plugged into my mainboard

dude, send that info by PM to him. Seriously.
Activity: 20
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/kostickole92/2_zpspclyau9d.png

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Jump to: