Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 918. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
hi guys, have bigg problem, I tried everything to solve problem and noting, have 6x rx480 8gb asus dual(mod bios), use claymore 9.2, driver 16.10.2, have bigg fluctuation, try to change drivers, try to change overcloak, try to change -ethi and -dcri, and same problem GPU activite all time 100% - 0%, and mh/s 30mh/s to 5mh/s ...... plz some help or any idea for this problem .. ??
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/kostickole92/2_zpspclyau9d.png
Activity: 50
Hi guys....

I have (had Sad ) 42 MSI rx 470
12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470
12 Sapphire reference 470 cards.

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

Anyone else have that many breakdowns lately?

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
Sapphire Nitro+ never broke for 5 months before this....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.
PSU are Be quiet pro 2x 1200 and and Platimaxe's 1600.

I used to use -96 core woltage in afterburner.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

Or maybe someone else has unusual high rate of failing cards recently?

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem

You really were right, 2 "rise 003 version" burned, I have 2 "rise 006 version" is perfect.

4 x RX 480

https://ibb.co/hNTdJ5
https://ibb.co/ewRXd5
https://ibb.co/g64JJ5

glad you caught the problem. all i can say is that's very dangerous and can cause fire hazard. I wasn't aware of that until it happened to me.

Like someone else mentioned, it would be good to have a decent company make quality parts.
And about the difference between v003 and v007, i don't know, only thing i can think of is maybe better electronic components on it to prevent issues.

But now i have an other problem, i was stupid enough to attempt to upgrade radeon driver from 16.6 to 17.4.3 and that screwed my Win10 system completely. Doesn't boot anymore and can't even boot in safe mode.
I so hate Radeon and their bad programmers. Anyway, was late last night and i have 5 rx480 sleeping at the moment, gonna have to fix that tonight after work. ;/
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Its about time a branded company started making these.  Reliable ones which can be trusted unlike the generic crap we see on amazon and ebay. I'm also interested to know the difference between the version 3 risers and version 7 risers.  Does anybody know?

I can only share my experience; I have 12 version 05 risers and they all work flawlessly  Grin
Activity: 41
Not sure if it's part of the stability problems or not but my miner on my 4x470 rig keeps crashing. The EthDcrMiner64.exe keeps crashing, it's just the miner.

PC doesn't freeze etc.

Is this a bad card acting up or stability issues in 9.x?

did you try decrease -ethi? in OP said when windows freeze try to lower -ethi
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Not sure if it's part of the stability problems or not but my miner on my 4x470 rig keeps crashing. The EthDcrMiner64.exe keeps crashing, it's just the miner.

PC doesn't freeze etc.

Maybe something wrong with the riser?

Its about time a branded company started making these.  Reliable ones which can be trusted unlike the generic crap we see on amazon and ebay. I'm also interested to know the difference between the version 3 risers and version 7 risers.  Does anybody know?

It's claymore's thread so we should move the riser discussion elsewhere, but I'll say one more thing...

What's in a number, seriously that is the question... Most of these come from three factories in China, as in three primary "lines' of similarly designed risers, and each has their own numbering system so it can be tough to make sure you get the right thing, especially if buying from ebay or Amazon... The running assumption in this thread is that the versions being discussed are all coming from the same place...
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Anyone have RX 570 or 580?

AMD's newest driver only support 5 cards, BSOD on the 6th. I tried 6 470s same problem.

Have anyone had any luck getting 6 RX 570 or 580 working on Windows 10? I'm not sure if the older drivers will let me install.

i wonder the same.

I tried 6x 570 no luck....

Also has anyone tried to mix 470 with 570 on same rig? or 480 with 580? ANy luck? I got 5 of them working with 17.4.3 drivers but.... 1 off them still has code 43. So i didnt even tried putting a 6th one...

I got a 580 the other day running fine with my 2 480s just used the driver disk which has "driver ver: 13-09(win7/10 64bit)(17.10.1030)" on it

did you mod the bios for those? cause i did. forgot to mention it.
not moded i believe a mix of 470,480, 570, 580 would work. bigger question is how to get a mix of 6 cards running or 6 not mixed cards running while they are modded

Also remember if you mod your bioses you may have problems with driver signature checking from AMD on later driver versions from 16.12 onwards.   I use 16.11.5 or 16.6 to avoid these issues.
Activity: 48

AMD's newest driver only support 5 cards, BSOD on the 6th. I tried 6 470s same problem.

Have anyone had any luck getting 6 RX 570 or 580 working on Windows 10? I'm not sure if the older drivers will let me install.

i wonder the same.

Also has anyone tried to mix 470 with 570 on same rig? or 480 with 580? ANy luck? I got 5 of them working with 17.4.3 drivers but.... 1 off them still has code 43. So i didnt even tried putting a 6th one...

http://image.prntscr.com/image/4eb3432556854ef3b0f60ae1efb9c807.png

I got a 580 the other day running fine with my 2 480s just used the driver disk which has "driver ver: 13-09(win7/10 64bit)(17.10.1030)" on it

did you mod the bios for those? cause i did. forgot to mention it.
not moded i believe a mix of 470,480, 570, 580 would work. bigger question is how to get a mix of 6 cards running or 6 not mixed cards running while they are modded
Activity: 458

PC doesn't freeze etc.

Activity: 4
Hi guys....

I have (had Sad ) 42 MSI rx 470
12 Sapphire Nitro+ 470
12 Sapphire reference 470 cards.

Latelly ... all off them started falling like leaves. I mean they either die or burn up.

6 msi -  3 sapphire nitro and  2 sapphire reference cards died all during past 3 weeks....

Anyone else have that many breakdowns lately?

I dont even know what to blame now. Bios mods... motherboards.... PSU or claymor v9

Sapphire reference cards all worked for 5 months with only 2 of them die before this nightmare....
Sapphire Nitro+ never broke for 5 months before this....
I recently purchased 30 MSI cards and 6 already dead in like 3 weeks.... they tend to bring out smoke while sapphire cards just die.

My rigs are 6xGPU all (used to be.... LOL) motherboards are BTC PRO and Z97 fatality.
PSU are Be quiet pro 2x 1200 and and Platimaxe's 1600.

I used to use -96 core woltage in afterburner.

I started thinking that might be the reason. But i changed it to 0 and 2 more cards died. SO im pretty much lost.

Any ideas are welcome.

Or maybe someone else has unusual high rate of failing cards recently?

thats is creepy... can someone confirm these die rates? maybe you have a bad setup of power distribution or yours psu are failing

i had one of my msi rx480 sparkle and burn in front of me when booting up my system after a power outage.
realized the pcie riser had some burn on it, it was a version 003. when running hwmonitor the voltage were spiking to like 500000 ! at first though it was a glitch but then i thrwe them all away and got new risers, v007 this time and hwmonitor reports normal voltage value, no more spiking to 500000+ .

So i would suggest double checking your pcie risers, they may be the faulty part causing that problem

You really were right, 2 "rise 003 version" burned, I have 2 "rise 006 version" is perfect.

4 x RX 480

https://ibb.co/hNTdJ5
https://ibb.co/ewRXd5
https://ibb.co/g64JJ5
Activity: 474
Merit: 101
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
9.2 crashes my r9 390 rig at ethi 5 dcri 14, 29mh/400mh, then i switch to eth only and still crashes, 8.1 runs fine. I tried asm 0 but it doesn't help, need 8.1 with dcr support.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

PC doesn't freeze etc.

Activity: 33
Hi.

I have sometimes the issue, one GPU (1 of 7), usually GPU3 or GPU4 is starting with a much lower hashrate, for example one GPU about 7MH, the other above 30. Also the DAG generation on this GPU takes longer. Have You some idea how to solve? Sometimes, after many reboot's is't ok and all GPU have high hashrate.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
How to show those sol-mhs per 1 KW in software?

How to do that?

Hi

how did you do that?  (the watts charts etc) 

Can you post how to?
Activity: 390
How to show those sol-mhs per 1 KW in software?

How to do that?

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

i wonder the same.

Activity: 14

PC doesn't freeze etc.

Activity: 66

Does it work with the old drivers like 16.9.2?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I found a guru3d thread about a driver modder http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379516

Its meant for enabling support for legacy cards on new drivers, but maybe it can enable new card support on old drivers too.

Tomorrow when I get home I'm going to try to mod the Novemeber AMD driver to work with the RX 570. In the meantime feel free to try it yourself.

PS: Device ID for RX 570 and 580 was already in drivers since November
Activity: 48

i wonder the same.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/4eb3432556854ef3b0f60ae1efb9c807.png
Jump to: