Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 929. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I have to thank to Claymore for this new version 9.2, now we can mine DCR again. I just want to report a decrease in Hashrate, around 2% compared to versions 9.0 and 9.1. I assume they are already working to improve that issue. So I am not worried about it.

Thanks again for this new version and the fast support
Activity: 54
For me on WINDOWS 10 2 x RX480 ( Modded bios )

9.1 did better for me but I'm happy that I can mine DCR so no complaints for the moment , I have dropped my -dcri to 27 for 60.6MH/s on ETC but did drop the DCR to 1637MH/s from 1760MH/s

Fluctuations are more for me on the 9.2 version than on 9.1 I use to get about 2 or 3 flux @ 10 to 15 min but now 5 to 7 times.

as I'm monitoring per the hour ( ETC only ) 22:20 pm UTC

Reported Hashrate = 60.064 MH/s
Average  effective hashrate = 54.659 MH/s
Current effective Hashrate = 72.167 MH/s

for the last hour ETC =  0.04615

little down but might be the difficulty..

But really thank you Claymore..
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Dual mining for me, each card loses 0.3 mh/s eth, dcr is a bit slow than 9.1 too. Although on "eth only" is so much faster than 9.1. It looks like dual mining has performance issues whereas on eth only is much better.

I would advise anybody to stop dual mining and focus on only eth mode because the performance issues on dual mining is significant.
Activity: 2
I'm dual mining ETH and SC on 2x RX480, for me 9.2 is a big improvement. With 9.1 I had to use -asm 0, because of huge hashrate fluctuations. With 9.2 I can use the ASM kernel and get better hashrates for both coins. However for the hashrates to be stable I had to use dcri 22 instead of 26 (not complaining, just writing it in case it helps someone else).
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
9.2 claymor now i mine 152 mh ethereum and 4500 mh decret
b4 i mine 168 eth and 2500 decret

how to get back to my old stats?

read the fucking thread

Completely agree!  People, please read at least the last few pages before posting your problems because 95% of the time, the answers are there. Furthermore, how about a bit of patience?  If you would have bothered to read back just a bit, you would know that the slight speed decrease has been acknowledged and the fix is under works for release in the next few days.

However, there are other things to take into account with v9.2. If you are seeing say a 3-5% decrease in your MAX speed, that doesn't necessarily mean your overall average speed is less. In fact, at least for me (and I suspect many others), my effective average h/r is at least as good as v9/9.1.  This is because while my max speed was indeed about 162 for 6x470 on ETH, it would frequently drop down into the low 150's and even low 140's. That means the actual average h/r was more like probably in the low to mid 150's at best.  Now, with 9.2, I only dropped to about 159, but the huge fluxes are gone... drops at worst to like 157.5 but not very often at all.

Similar thing with DCR... yes my rate dropped a bit but i took a look through the log file and didn't see hardly any bad shares... which were hitting a LOT with the previous versions. So again, I submit that the vast majority of people are either at least as good or better with 9.2.

Furthermore... I want to point out that the BIG issue we were all facing (the change to DCR daemon that prohibited us all from mining any DCR) was fixed very quickly, and this was the most important aspect of 9.2 in my mind. To me, getting the added stability is an extra bonus. Even if you are in the minority and seeing a real slight increase to your DCR rate, I'm sure your are still WAY ahead of v8 of just a few weeks ago since v9 has provided about 50% increase to DCR rates.

Big thanks to Claymore for making this a priority and getting the fixes out ASAP!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
On runtime, we can switch between dual/single coin mining using gpu number. Let's say we are dual mining eth + dcr at daytime, at night we press 0 twice to switch to eth only mining.

Miner, still reports hash rate from DCR although it is disabled. My question is about fees. Does it switch to 1% if we switch to single coin mining on runtime?

No, it does not, you should restart miner in ETH-only mode to switch to 1%.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
On runtime, we can switch between dual/single coin mining using gpu number. Let's say we are dual mining eth + dcr at daytime, at night we press 0 twice to switch to eth only mining.

Miner, still reports hash rate from DCR although it is disabled. My question is about fees. Does it switch to 1% if we switch to single coin mining on runtime?
Activity: 322
Thanks.. I hope we see the next version soon. I noticed a very large drop in performance.

Eth  38 MH/s down to   26.2 MH/s on Coinotron
Eth 184 MH/s down to 140.8 MH/s on Coinotron

I am locked right at 167 MH/s.

My average on Coinotron before was around 203 MH/s so there is definitely a drop in performance. Enough that make a bit more solo mining right now with old version as I have only 1% fee and 1% on pool.  With the loss in hash and 2% miner and the 2 pool fees of 2% it kills profit some.

Activity: 224
Merit: 102
With v9.2 my RX480 & 470s have more often hashrate drops ETH mining only and asm 1. From 88.5 to 81, sometimes two times in minute, then few minutes it's ok and then again drops.
donator
Miners developer
I was asked to do a test of this miner with nofee.  I can tell you right now you either got a bug in your code or your wrong about 4% less.  It is like 20% less!  The mining speed went down from around 179-183 MH/s down to 142-146 MH/s.   So it either comes to your documentation is wrong or you have totally broken 9.2 to be dropped down by that much.  

The documentation is correct, slowdown must be 4%, not 20. Ok I will do some tests to check/confirm it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I am not observing any speed loss for RX 480 cards on Windows 10 with the new version.

The max speeds are same as on ver 9.1 but they are always at max Smiley

So for windows 10 and rx 480 cards this update is working as intended and very well.

I think even the max speed is a bit higher for decred.

-dcri 30 and I ETH speed is almost at max Smiley
Activity: 322
I was asked to do a test of this miner with nofee.  I can tell you right now you either got a bug in your code or your wrong about 4% less.  It is like 20% less!  The mining speed went down from around 179-183 MH/s down to 142-146 MH/s.   So it either comes to your documentation is wrong or you have totally broken 9.2 to be dropped down by that much.  
Activity: 41
9.2 claymor now i mine 152 mh ethereum and 4500 mh decret
b4 i mine 168 eth and 2500 decret

how to get back to my old stats?
Activity: 36
v9.2:

- improved mining speed stability.
- added changes in DCR mining protocol.
- fixed possible issue with rejected DCR shares on Nicehash pool.
- added pool selection in runtime ("e" and "d" keys).
- now if devfee mining fails for a long time, miner will not stop mining, it will turn on "-nofee" option temporarily with appropriate warnings, until successful devfee mining.
- some minor improvements.
- EthMan: added ReasonID parameter to .bat file which is executed when some rig has problems, check "sample.bat" for details.

NOTES:
1. Mining speed stability is better now, but still is not perfect. I'm working on it.
2. DCR: after changes in DCR mining protocol, both pool and mining software must be upgraded. At this moment the miner works with Suprnova, but fails with Nicehash, probably they will update their pool soon. Or may be they applied changes somehow differenty.

Awesome Dev Support Claymore!
Back up and mining..... it is giving slightly lower hashrates... but I'm sure you'll sort that out.
At least we're mining...
Worth your DeVFee!!

Yeep!
Works fine in my 7970  Grin

http://s13.postimg.org/lc7v6zzg7/clay.jpg

why would you mine ethereum with a 7970.
you can get 280 sols for zcash which is like 400% more profitable.
Activity: 54
Thanks Claymore,

Well most defiantly down in speed, I calculate by the hour on a spreadsheet.

Previous hour ETC = 0.05729
Last hour ETC = 0.03840

Both ETC + DCR before

ETC @ 60.6MH/s
DCR @ 1760 MH/s

Now ( Best -dcri 27 value I could find )

ETC = 59.5 MH/s
DCR = 1720 MH/s

ethermine.org stats
Average Effective Hashrate = down 3 - 5%

I have more hashrate fluctuations than before on 9.1 I'm not sure why but I did had very few but now I have 4 to 7 times fluctuations in 10 minutes.

will keep working it until I find something that works.

Activity: 4
I had not much time for testing due to urgent DCR fix, just noticed slowdown for Polaris on Linux. It is because OpenCL reports that it has 14 compute units (CUs) instead of 36. You can fix it by using undocumented option: specify "-eqlim 288". 288 = CUs * 8. I hate this magic, so I'm working on next update that will have good hashrates with 100% stable mining speed on both Windows and Linux. Just wait a few days.

thanks it works, bring back speeds:

on ubuntu same settings:
before:
ETH - Total Speed: 23.846 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 23.846 Mh/s
 DCR - Total Speed: 929.999 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0
 DCR: GPU0 929.999 Mh/s

after with -eqlim:
 ETH - Total Speed: 24.045 Mh/s, Total Shares: 4, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:04
ETH: GPU0 24.045 Mh/s
 DCR - Total Speed: 937.774 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0
 DCR: GPU0 937.774 Mh/s

donator
Miners developer
I had not much time for testing due to urgent DCR fix, just noticed slowdown for Polaris on Linux. It is because OpenCL reports that it has 14 compute units (CUs) instead of 36. You can fix it by using undocumented option: specify "-eqlim 288". 288 = CUs * 8. I hate this magic, so I'm working on next update that will have good hashrates with 100% stable mining speed on both Windows and Linux. Just wait a few days.

Thanks Clay, looks like it's working on Windows.
Polaris cards have 32CU no ? 32 + 4 locked Smiley

36 CUs in RX480/580, 32 CUs in RX470/570.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
I had not much time for testing due to urgent DCR fix, just noticed slowdown for Polaris on Linux. It is because OpenCL reports that it has 14 compute units (CUs) instead of 36. You can fix it by using undocumented option: specify "-eqlim 288". 288 = CUs * 8.
that does the trick for now. thx
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
Now if nicehash would fix up their pool too...would be great.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

Thanks Clay, looks like it's working on Windows.
Polaris cards have 32CU no ? 32 + 4 locked Smiley
Jump to: