Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 965. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

Still getting the error... says  
ETH Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
Just continues to run timeout error until I stop.  I can go into single mode and run Eth no problem. (V8 not V9)

Ok.... Got the pause to work.  It is saying that "EthDcrMiner64.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command?
Look in your folder to see if the exe is still there. I've had my A/V delete it and then the bat opens and insta-closes.

pita when that happens  Cheesy

the eth job timeout could just be down to not setting the correct mode for the pool i think thats what kept happening to me when i switched from nicehash to ethpool a few months back, im a bit confused as to how your getting that error if ethdcrminer64 cant be found the bats in the same folder right?
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
~snip

Ok.... Got the pause to work.  It is saying that "EthDcrMiner64.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command?
Look in your folder to see if the exe is still there. I've had my A/V delete it and then the bat opens and insta-closes.
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
@Claymore,

Could you please check memory controller load? As others stated some cards randomly gets lower load on memory controller and this causes decreased hashrate.

For instance, my average hash rate should be around 264,5 MH/s for my 9 gpu rig. But it displays effective hourly rate around 205.0 MH/s.

I have tested this for more than 7 hours and this is the case for me. Even on ETH only mining using fine tuning and low power bios.

I have exacty the same behaviour. Hashrate reduces randomly when mining decred. Lower -dcri doesnt setting does not help it.
I think this problem is from your settings or pool where you mine. Thats why you have hash rate drop

Its not the pool. Miners shows the hashrate drops too.

It is not the pool is the miner. I reported twice that the hashrate flutuate from 29-24 and 24-29 on each gpu randomly and total average hashrate is lower, back to asm 0 (I have 6xRX480) the dcr is around 500 not 800 but hashrate is stable. Confirm -asm (new kernel) is not stable for RX480

my 480's also fluctuate mildly on the new version dropping from 47 to 36 for a few seconds at a time Im running 2 RX480's at first i thought it was the dcri settings so spent some time adjusting it but regardless of the value it still fluctuates. average hashrate still seems ok though the decred improvements are pretty dam great though

So I have been mining using Claymore Dual V8 but could never get anything other than ETH to work.

I tried to switch to Claymore V9 today to see if I could get it up and running.  I tried just ETH but as soon as the mining window opens and starts to scroll, the miner shuts down and closes the window.

There are no logs to view and it happens so fast that I can not even tell what script says in the window before closing.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Bones

put pause on a new line at the end of your script (windows) and see what error you get

Still getting the error... says  
ETH Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
Just continues to run timeout error until I stop.  I can go into single mode and run Eth no problem. (V8 not V9)

Ok.... Got the pause to work.  It is saying that "EthDcrMiner64.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
So I have been mining using Claymore Dual V8 but could never get anything other than ETH to work.

I tried to switch to Claymore V9 today to see if I could get it up and running.  I tried just ETH but as soon as the mining window opens and starts to scroll, the miner shuts down and closes the window.

There are no logs to view and it happens so fast that I can not even tell what script says in the window before closing. 

Thanks
Bones

Open a cmd window and then go to the miner folder and run the bat... the cmd window will stay open and you can see the error.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
@Claymore,

Could you please check memory controller load? As others stated some cards randomly gets lower load on memory controller and this causes decreased hashrate.

For instance, my average hash rate should be around 264,5 MH/s for my 9 gpu rig. But it displays effective hourly rate around 205.0 MH/s.

I have tested this for more than 7 hours and this is the case for me. Even on ETH only mining using fine tuning and low power bios.

I have exacty the same behaviour. Hashrate reduces randomly when mining decred. Lower -dcri doesnt setting does not help it.
I think this problem is from your settings or pool where you mine. Thats why you have hash rate drop

It is not the pool is the miner. I reported twice that the hashrate flutuate from 29-24 and 24-29 on each gpu randomly and total average hashrate is lower, back to asm 0 (I have 6xRX480) the dcr is around 500 not 800 but hashrate is stable. Confirm -asm (new kernel) is not stable for RX480

my 480's also fluctuate mildly on the new version dropping from 47 to 36 for a few seconds at a time Im running 2 RX480's at first i thought it was the dcri settings so spent some time adjusting it but regardless of the value it still fluctuates. average hashrate still seems ok though the decred improvements are pretty dam great though

I tried to switch to Claymore V9 today to see if I could get it up and running.  I tried just ETH but as soon as the mining window opens and starts to scroll, the miner shuts down and closes the window.

Thanks
Bones

put pause on a new line at the end of your script (windows) and see what error you get
Activity: 198
Merit: 101

Thanks
Bones
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Can anyone share eth + dcr hashrate on more powerful cards than 470/480 ? R9 nano/fury/290/390 and like.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
I've just upgraded my RX 480 rigs to the Creator's Upgrade.

And I got a few extras hashes, both in ETH and DCR  Grin

Activity: 908
Merit: 503
guys how many incorrect shares you have? I got about 1 / 150-200shares
Activity: 84
While mining on ethermine.org, my effective hashrate over 24 hours is always about 10-15 lower than my reported hashrate. Is this normal? And is that the # I'm getting paid off of?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Is this one worth it?, with ETH only 29mhs, it draw ~83w in gpuz when i dual mine with DCR it increase by ~10w, RX 470 8GB
https://i.imgur.com/faw54yj.png
Activity: 41
@Claymore,

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
Its great that Calymore is improving his miner but with summer making things already hot.. I dont want to twist nipples of my rig to blow the lid off or make tea on it Smiley
70W for 29MH is perfect. I wish this was winter still.. would have been great to mine some more decred
Activity: 6
Wow, you need some undervolt, now your GPU is drawing ~200W from the wall!

That's with -100mV already, lol. https://i.imgur.com/Hn229LH.png -- been playing around in Wattman but can't get much lower without it hanging. Any suggestions?
Activity: 50
@Claymore,

Activity: 75
@Claymore,

Activity: 50
@Claymore,

I should note that this is only for gpus on risers. I have 4 rigs gpus plugged in directly on the board they perform much better.
I am suspecting risers can not deliver enough power to the gpus.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Here are the settings that worked for me with regards to hash rates and decred intensity on my RX470s:

I'm running Sapphire Nitro+ RX470s (Samsung RAM) with a modded BIOS.

Claymore v8.1
ETH = 29.0Mh/s
DCR = 433Mh/s

Claymore v9.0

dcri 30 (default)
ETH = 27.7Mh/s
DCR = 830Mh/s

dcri 29
ETH = 28.5Mh/s
DCR = 798Mh/s

dcri 28
skipped

dcri 27
skipped

dcri 26
ETH = 28.99Mh/s
DCR = 753Mh/s

dcri 25
ETH = 29.0Mh/s
DCR = 725Mh/s

So to summarise, use "-dcri 25" and your ETH hashrate won't change but your DCR hashrate will increase by ~292Mh/sec.

Here is what the cards are doing stat-wise:

Wow, you need some undervolt, now your GPU is drawing ~200W from the wall!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
How much more power does V9 draw compared to the previous one? right now I'm testing with -3.3% eth speed, +33% dcr speed, removed undervolting completely and gave +20% powerlimit, haven't checked the wallmeter but if this needs 40mv more, that's gotta be at least 10% more power.

Just a guess, it uses about the same amount of power if mining speed is set to same, V9 just gives you an option to go where earlier version couldn't go.

Set that powerlimit as high as it goes and start playing with clocks, voltage and dcri. For example, if you set your core to 1100 and it hoovers between 1000-1100 when mining it is hitting powerlimiter.
Activity: 75
Just decrease -15 dcri for new version to any card. If you used -dcri 50 in 8.1 make it -dcri 35 to new version for best result
Jump to: