Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 966. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Here are the settings that worked for me with regards to hash rates and decred intensity on my RX470s:

I'm running Sapphire Nitro+ RX470s (Samsung RAM) with a modded BIOS.

Claymore v8.1
ETH = 29.0Mh/s
DCR = 433Mh/s

Claymore v9.0

dcri 30 (default)
ETH = 27.7Mh/s
DCR = 830Mh/s

dcri 29
ETH = 28.5Mh/s
DCR = 798Mh/s

dcri 28
skipped

dcri 27
skipped

dcri 26
ETH = 28.99Mh/s
DCR = 753Mh/s

dcri 25
ETH = 29.0Mh/s
DCR = 725Mh/s

So to summarise, use "-dcri 25" and your ETH hashrate won't change but your DCR hashrate will increase by ~292Mh/sec.

Here is what the cards are doing stat-wise: http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/17/04/07/9z3.png
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
It seems Google blocks some files, use MEGA if you cannot find latest version. Added to OP.

ok thanks claymore

I used MEGA its true Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 476
@Claymore,

Could you please check memory controller load? As others stated some cards randomly gets lower load on memory controller and this causes decreased hashrate.

For instance, my average hash rate should be around 264,5 MH/s for my 9 gpu rig. But it displays effective hourly rate around 205.0 MH/s.

I have tested this for more than 7 hours and this is the case for me. Even on ETH only mining using fine tuning and low power bios.

9 gpu rig

Is that nVidia?

Sorry my friend I don't know why, but it looks like i have typed 9 instead of 6. I have total of 9 gpus, maybe thats why. All gpus are AMD RX 480.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
It seems Google blocks some files, use MEGA if you cannot find latest version. Added to OP.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Claymore pls make fix for new coins - UBIQ and MUSICOIN
I mine with 280x UBIQ with 27MHz and if you change this to ETH my 280x will mine with 15MHz and you will lose maybe half of DevFee with UBIQ. Just make new address to UBIQ and MUSICOIN and you will have more devfee profit. Why this change DAG every hour to mine ETH Huh Its not good when i have any time jobs time out another 20sec after devfee - i lose money and you. Just pls fix this ASAP. Thanks
Activity: 719
@Claymore,

Could you please check memory controller load? As others stated some cards randomly gets lower load on memory controller and this causes decreased hashrate.

For instance, my average hash rate should be around 264,5 MH/s for my 9 gpu rig. But it displays effective hourly rate around 205.0 MH/s.

I have tested this for more than 7 hours and this is the case for me. Even on ETH only mining using fine tuning and low power bios.

9 gpu rig

Is that nVidia?
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore,

If you see low values on pool, miner must show low speed too. If you see that speed is not constant in the miner, change -dcri value, there are some border -dcri values where it can have unstable speed.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already specified -dcri value and found the best setting with -7 for ETH only and -25 for dual mining. However, even using these settings speed on miner drops and goes back to actual rate from time to time. So to confirm you, speed on miner drops and pool is affected from this as a result.

I'd think my gpus are bad but as soon as i switch to an older release (8.1 or 7.3) ETH only mining is stable. Dual mining is also stable but I'll lose the speed boost you provide with 9.

Also it can be bios or throttling. If you are sure that it's not the case, use "-asm 0", I don't see this behaviour on my GPUs and don't have other ideas how to fix it, sorry.
@Claymore,

If you see low values on pool, miner must show low speed too. If you see that speed is not constant in the miner, change -dcri value, there are some border -dcri values where it can have unstable speed.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already specified -dcri value and found the best setting with -7 for ETH only and -25 for dual mining. However, even using these settings speed on miner drops and goes back to actual rate from time to time. So to confirm you, speed on miner drops and pool is affected from this as a result.

I'd think my gpus are bad but as soon as i switch to an older release (8.1 or 7.3) ETH only mining is stable. Dual mining is also stable but I'll lose the speed boost you provide with 9.
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore,

@Claymore,

Activity: 6
Activity: 290
hi guys
link claymore v9 for windows is not here?

not see Huh Sad
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
At 9.0 there are now such saws. 480 8 ref 1150/2100. At 8.1 was not. Driver 16.6.

Nearly the same for me with a rx 480 red devil 8gb 1200/2250 and Driver 17.3.3 i guess

Same with Sapphire RX480 8GB Refference, the memory controller load is going to 75% for a few seconds and then again to 100%. There was no such problem with 7.3 which I was using before 9.0.
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !
Hello ,

Remote manager is not compatible android?

You do not know an application capable of doing the same work as remote manager?
thank you
Activity: 9
Can risers with SATA connectors handle ETH+Dcr power use at default (no underclocking)?
I have power reserves, but afraid that risers might give up.

Anybody with sapphire Nitro 470RX 4gb, 8gb and/or MSI RX 470 4gb gaming X ON RISERS doing this double mining at the default power?

Whether you ETH solomine, dual mine, or even overclock your RX series it makes no difference in the amount of power from the PCIe motherboard slot because it only powers the memory, the rest is taken from your PCIe 6/8 pin power.

I think it always used 50 Watts last time I measured the current.

In my opinion 50 Watts is too much going thru SATA. It was ok with a R9 280X because those used max 25 Watts from the SATA connection, with a RX its never a good idea.

Nice to know. Does this apply to both the 8GB and 4GB versions of RX?
Activity: 9
Hi! My first post. v9.0 is rock solid on my rigs  Grin Yesterday I bought 3 rx480 GPUs. Is is possible to both have 280X and rx480 on the same rig (Ubuntu)? Searching on the internet gives me both yes and no.
Activity: 97
Merit: 11
Can I write -allcoins UBQ? This command will work only with DUG UBQ?
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Pretty profitable to mine ETH+DCR currently on the 470 4GB. Pretty much less than 2 months ROI. Probably won't last.

28.4MH/s ETH + 764MH/s DCR  (DCRI 27) (Default ASM setting)

Yeah, its been like this for a while now, when altcoins started geting crazy, although decred was a bit behind.
Still not sure if this is just a bubble or not, the prices seem to be holding on for a while now.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
@Claymore, what does it mean? Which GPU? There are 6 ones. Why? ( I expect GPU5 because of the temperature, but...

Every GPU has two threads.

I mean this:

Code:
18:01:21:376 13a8 WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner :(

It does not say, which GPU is failed.
Jump to: