Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 241. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
hi guys.

has anyone experienced problems with connection after adding a new card?

I had 2 cards (R9 280x and R9 Fury) running fine on flypool (ssl), latency was about 30-70ms, then I added a RX 470 to the setup and it basically stopped getting any accepted shares, shares were being found but they were never accepted. When a share was accepted latency was something crazy like 4000 or 5000ms and then finally after 2 minutes I ended up getting a connection lost message.

I switched the cards around and reinstalled drivers and everything seems stable, but latency is still pretty high at around 300ms with a few peaks at 1000+ms.

do you think this is something to do with the miner or is it hardware related?
Activity: 56
I will release new version with good speedup within 24 hours.

You have no plans for Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v7.4 - Catalyst 15.12 - CUDA 8.0_7.5_6.5 ? Shuld be nice with some speedups for polaris cards on that SEC is terrible to mine.

Maybe there can be speeds up XMR or ZEC but any speedups for ETH are next to impossible because of the way the algorithm is designed. 30MH/s is around the max you can get with ETH with the 480s.

30 :O ? i get around 25 - 26 with my SAPPHIRE rx 480 nitro 8gig how 30?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

You have no plans for Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v7.4 - Catalyst 15.12 - CUDA 8.0_7.5_6.5 ? Shuld be nice with some speedups for polaris cards on that SEC is terrible to mine.

Maybe there can be speeds up XMR or ZEC but any speedups for ETH are next to impossible because of the way the algorithm is designed. 30MH/s is around the max you can get with ETH with the 480s.
Activity: 56

legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
I'm just confused about what to mine.. at the moment it is profitable to mine ZEC instead of XMR or ETH/ETC. After an hour the order of profitablity changes.. and that's repeating again and again Cheesy

Follow 24h averages, they dont switch so much.
Or even longer averages if you prefer Smiley
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Everything works fine and stable on CZM 10, thank you, Claymore.

RX480 8G -> 249Sol/s
RX470 4G -> 228Sol/s
390X 8G -> 340Sol/s
390 8G -> 310Sol/s
380X 4G -> 166Sol/s

I'm just confused about what to mine.. at the moment it is profitable to mine ZEC instead of XMR or ETH/ETC. After an hour the order of profitablity changes.. and that's repeating again and again Cheesy

well, in case you have free electricity it rly doesn't matter much what you mine, and the best case would be to assign your miners to mine multiple coins, but if you're paying for it then I suggest mining XMR since it's electricity costs are at least halved of what zec/eth miner uses
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
You coukd already test it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Looks good - keep me posted when this is available for public
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Why a Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v10.0 Huh? Even with the increase of the exhaust is not profitable. Better or ETH or XMR!!! 

Do better: Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v10 16-for firewood and maps RX !!! How specifically does everything just to your benefit!

What he said x2! Smiley

Yes... everybody mine something else besides zcash.. Roll Eyes

I think some of you  don't get it. It's a zero sum  game. Look at price/hash/over time.

I think some of you don't have a sense of humor and don't get sarcasm... i mean i did put in the rolling eye emoji as a clue  Roll Eyes <- rolling eye emoji.. but i'll be sure to put in the post next time "this post is pure sarcasm and you'll only understand it as sarcasm if you have a funny bone"

hense.. "this post is pure sarcasm and you'll only understand it as sarcasm if you have a funny bone"   Grin Grin
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Thanks, I'm very glad about that Smiley
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Everything works fine and stable on CZM 10, thank you, Claymore.

RX480 8G -> 249Sol/s
RX470 4G -> 228Sol/s
390X 8G -> 340Sol/s
390 8G -> 310Sol/s
380X 4G -> 166Sol/s

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Why a Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v10.0 Huh? Even with the increase of the exhaust is not profitable. Better or ETH or XMR!!! 

Do better: Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v10 16-for firewood and maps RX !!! How specifically does everything just to your benefit!

What he said x2! Smiley

I think some of you  don't get it. It's a zero sum  game. Look at price/hash/over time.

What he said x2! Smiley

Guys can someone help me please? Im trying to add a 5th card to my rig but once in it does not show up on miner? Trying to use
Windows 8
Btc pro motherboard 2.0
5x r9 nano

4 of them work no problem but when i add 5th it doesnt seem to work... also on gpu-z the last card doesnt matter what order i put them in comes up with some funny driver details? I mean 4 of them come the same but last one comes with some other drivers? Iv tried doind ddu uninstall etc but same problem... Huh

Have you tried the other BIOS on the nano? If they are used they might have a custom BIOS on it. You can flash the BIOS to stock if you want.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/r9-nano-modded-rom-1424132

Iv flashed them all back to stock but still no joy? Do you think its windows 8 only accepting 4 cards?

Try uninstalling the drivers with DDU, and then reinstall the drivers.  That has normally helped me in Windows 10 with my systems that have more than 4 cards.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100

What he said x2! Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 135
Merit: 11
I second more API access for Awesome miner!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Hey Claymore

would you add more API access please for awesome miner https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/awesome-miner-powerful-windows-gui-to-manage-and-monitor-up-to-200000-miners-676942 it would be greatly loved, if you would, not just basic API support . i would love to see more in awesome miner when i use it with your miner Smiley .... then basic stuff .

Thanks top .
Activity: 25
Doing 240-280 sol/s on my AMD rX480 with Claymore.
Doing about the same on the EWBF miner with my MSI gtx970.

It seems that the CUDA  miner solves shares in less time though at the same has rate. (80ms-90ms VS. 120ms - 140ms on claymore AMD)

Proof: http://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1d8etuBz2gq7Dhjsbevtm6M5WNEw42BNHi
Jump to: