Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 245. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I have 2x rx470 4gb and 1x hd7950. With claymore I get 670 h/s at 415w at the wall. But with optiminer I get 590 h/s. I am using Windows 10 and 16.9.2 drivers. A lot of you are saying that optiminer is currently better but not for me. Is it because I am not using Linux?

Optiminer specifically says that R9 Nano/Fury and RX GPUs perform best, at this point, with linux on his v1.3.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Wow, Optiminer really pulled ahead on this release.

His speedups don't really matter with the shitty stratum code he has compared to claymore...wont run more than a few hours before it loses connection and just stops mining and needs a manual restart.

Really? I have 20 6-GPU (Nano) rigs and a couple smaller ones running optiminer v1.3 on linux. I have no dropped connection problems, very, very low stale share rate, and I'm getting 400+ sols/sec per GPU. Not every issue we have as miners is the fault of the mining software itself.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
Damn, the increase speed is awesome but my rig is getting more and more heat and its summer here lol. Anyone did a comparison between mining zec and eth too see which one consume more energy?
I think both are nearly the same. It depends how much undervolting can take each algorithm. For me zcash is by a tiny bit less power consuming.
Currently here is a winter with -20 C outside. Inside it is +25 C because I have rigs in each room  Roll Eyes. Excellent solution for heating the appartment  Grin. But for the summer it is a hell. Two AC 1200 are not enough. I will need a third AC or have to figure out some way of channelling  the heat outside. Huh

how do you fight dry air if its + 25 inside? I was thinking to use these for heating.... but it would be just too dry inside.
buckets of water strategically placed  with a fan blowing air across the top of the water Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Damn, the increase speed is awesome but my rig is getting more and more heat and its summer here lol. Anyone did a comparison between mining zec and eth too see which one consume more energy?
I think both are nearly the same. It depends how much undervolting can take each algorithm. For me zcash is by a tiny bit less power consuming.
Currently here is a winter with -20 C outside. Inside it is +25 C because I have rigs in each room  Roll Eyes. Excellent solution for heating the appartment  Grin. But for the summer it is a hell. Two AC 1200 are not enough. I will need a third AC or have to figure out some way of channelling  the heat outside. Huh

how do you fight dry air if its + 25 inside? I was thinking to use these for heating.... but it would be just too dry inside.
Activity: 39
Sapphire rx 480 8gb nitro +
Claymore zcash v10. i get 290sol (bios mod. gpu clock 1352  memoryclock 2100  110volt.) -i 8 -a 2
http://i.hizliresim.com/PnayX5.png
Activity: 56
I have 2x rx470 4gb and 1x hd7950. With claymore I get 670 h/s at 415w at the wall. But with optiminer I get 590 h/s. I am using Windows 10 and 16.9.2 drivers. A lot of you are saying that optiminer is currently better but not for me. Is it because I am not using Linux?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

His speedups don't really matter with the shitty stratum code he has compared to claymore...wont run more than a few hours before it loses connection and just stops mining and needs a manual restart.

True, it's not that stable as Claymore's, but everything is easy to solve isn't it?

Manual restart  Grin

crash=$(watch tail -n 100 ../optiminer-zec/log.log | grep "Share")
if ($crash -ge "0");then
   kill -9 $(pgrep optiminer)
   sleep 5
   ./optiminer-zec/start.sh
fi

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2162
Merit: 1401

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Activity: 3
I have a problem my Miner indicates that I am generating 440H / s but the pool says that only 300H / s and it happens to me with Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v10.0 instead with version 9.3 it indicates 420H / s and the pool says 420 H / s , it's wrong ?

Activity: 47
Optiminer ahead
CLAYMORE you better add speed , and that your miner becomes interesting. I your miner always considered the best , but at the moment alas it is not
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I'm still working on new version, already got good improvements but still a lot of work is required. I plan to release an update in 1-2 days.

Great work bro. Take your time and lets make sure these other miners take longer to catch up this time Grin
6*390=2160-2190 salt optiminer .
CLAYMORE loses in speed and remains behind
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I'm still working on new version, already got good improvements but still a lot of work is required. I plan to release an update in 1-2 days.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I had a similar issue with a 280x toxic, clocked at 1150/1600. I tried lowering clocks, raising voltage but the card was running wild to up to 320 h/s and a lot of rejects and errors. Lowering intensity to 4 solved it. For some reason, cards even within the same chipset behave differently.

One of my pair of R9 280x (both are the SAME model of Gigabyte Windforce card) gets very wierd unstable and unhappy at anything over -i 4 but runs reliably at that intensity.
 The other one will run at anything up to -i 8 but seems to give the highest reliable hashrate results at -i 6.

My RX 470s were happy at -i 8 on v9.1 but got very crashy on v9.2 at same settings, dropped them to -i 7 and they're a lot happier - then moved them to v10 and they're still happiest at -i 7.
 (definitely not an inadaquate PS - that machine is running on a Seasonic X-1250)

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
Anyone using 7970's. What are you finding for the best Algorithm? What hashrate are you seeing?

I'm getting about 890H/s with 4 7970's using a2 i8. With a single 7090 I get 223H/s with a2 i8.

Thanks

i am getting 175 with -a 1 -i 4 clocked 1000,1500. nofee 1.

its an old undervolted XFX left over from my scrypt mining days though and really on its last leg performance wise so not sure how much of an benchmark it should be considered as.

i think i'll be switching back to optminer soon for this card as when initiall tested it reported a bit under what claymore 10 shows.. but the average seemed to be creeping up on my pool stats for this mining instance.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
v10.0:

- improved speed for most cards, up to 8% (depends on card model). About 340H/s on stock 390X, 255H/s on stock RX480, 320H/x on stock Nano.
- added "-a" option to select best algorithm implementation for your GPU.

PS. This is an intermediate version because I had no time to implement all optimizations I planned for this release, also I had no time for tests. In 1-3 days I will release another version with further speedup.
[/b]

Today new version  Cheesy

I do not understand why increase the speed yet?

because of optiminer improvements
Activity: 28
Hello! Tell today will be a new release? The normal increase in speed ?

Will you ever stop asking for speed? And when you get more speed you'll get rich or what? The zec price is still LOW!
Hello! Tell today will be a new release? The normal increase in speed ?
Jump to: