Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 244. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hello !

Is is normal speed for Windows 7 64 / Clymore's 10.0 V   ?

3X R9 280X XFX

(1) let it run for a while to get stable and full count for stats.
 (2) 215-220 ballpark is reasonable for a R9 280x from what I've seen.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Damn, the increase speed is awesome but my rig is getting more and more heat and its summer here lol. Anyone did a comparison between mining zec and eth too see which one consume more energy?
I think both are nearly the same. It depends how much undervolting can take each algorithm. For me zcash is by a tiny bit less power consuming.
Currently here is a winter with -20 C outside. Inside it is +25 C because I have rigs in each room  Roll Eyes. Excellent solution for heating the appartment  Grin. But for the summer it is a hell. Two AC 1200 are not enough. I will need a third AC or have to figure out some way of channelling  the heat outside. Huh

how do you fight dry air if its + 25 inside? I was thinking to use these for heating.... but it would be just too dry inside.

Humidifier(s) or an evaporative cooler (which is basically a large-scale humidifier designed to take advantage of the cooling effect of water vaporising)
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
I use this version, and I can say that it is very stable. No crashes, a very small number of rejected shares , about 0.25 %
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Report here! Grin how many of you are using v10!!!??? stable or not??
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
Dwarfpool hasn't made a payment for 2 days now... WTF?

OK they just paid
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
Damn, the increase speed is awesome but my rig is getting more and more heat and its summer here lol. Anyone did a comparison between mining zec and eth too see which one consume more energy?
I think both are nearly the same. It depends how much undervolting can take each algorithm. For me zcash is by a tiny bit less power consuming.
Currently here is a winter with -20 C outside. Inside it is +25 C because I have rigs in each room  Roll Eyes. Excellent solution for heating the appartment  Grin. But for the summer it is a hell. Two AC 1200 are not enough. I will need a third AC or have to figure out some way of channelling  the heat outside. Huh

how do you fight dry air if its + 25 inside? I was thinking to use these for heating.... but it would be just too dry inside.
buckets of water strategically placed  with a fan blowing air across the top of the water Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It is noisily, isn't it? How do you cope with it?

Since my cards are undervolted I forced a constant fan speed at 50%. At that speed the rig is not too noisy. Of course it is not completely silent but I can live with that. As I said outside is very cold and snowy, so the moist from outside compensates the dry air from the fans. When the temps get normal - about and above 0 C,  I will move my rigs in one room. They are on specially designed tables with wheels (which have breaks to be stable) so I can move them easily around Smiley My only concern is the summer... Even in one room with AC they generate heat above 35 C so that a second AC in the next room is not capable of stopping the hot air. Huh

Activity: 228
Merit: 101
NEM (XEM) Top Coin
how we use "- added "-a" option to select best algorithm implementation for your GPU." in bat file???

where  place in this line?HuhHuh?? Huh

zecminer64.exe -zpool zec--eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -zwal   walletaddress.d -zpsw x
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Sandblock - Customer satisfaction on blockchain
V.10 Very stable .
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Be carefull, ZEC profitability is droping fast....

EDIT: Ok, went back up  Grin

It happens all the time periodicaly as difficulty rises
Activity: 327
Be carefull, ZEC profitability is droping fast....

EDIT: Ok, went back up  Grin

Maybe bad luck finding blocks last 2 days, low reward thus  below autopay treshhold ?

buckets of water strategically placed  with a fan blowing air across the top of the water Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And also with the water it should be too humid inside. How long do you have this setting?
I am afraid the humidity will shorten the GPU circuits life?
ktu
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

So what is regular speed with 280x with 1100/1500 clocks ?

Im getting 211-221 H/s on ver.10

Is it ok ?

So for single r9 280x hashspeed is okey ? Can i do more with it ?

Best I've gotten is 222 so far so I'd say your good.

Thanks for the answer man.
Activity: 11
Hello !

Is is normal speed for Windows 7 64 / Clymore's 10.0 V   ?

3X R9 280X XFX

https://s24.postimg.org/3xvt5t7s5/image.png
https://s23.postimg.org/yakuvfjxn/image.png
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I have 2x rx470 4gb and 1x hd7950. With claymore I get 670 h/s at 415w at the wall. But with optiminer I get 590 h/s. I am using Windows 10 and 16.9.2 drivers. A lot of you are saying that optiminer is currently better but not for me. Is it because I am not using Linux?

Optiminer specifically says that R9 Nano/Fury and RX GPUs perform best, at this point, with linux on his v1.3.

MY RX480 runs at 283 v10 (= 277 after fee) while on optiminer runs at 260. the 7950 runs at 240 on v10 (235 after fee) and 190 on optiminer. havent tested the 290x
Activity: 2
I have two rx 480 of 8 and 4 gb I have to lower the memory clock to 1750 to the one of 8 gb because if I leave it in 2000 it freezes the pc, I have not been able to get the best yielding to the one of 8 gb that can be the problem ? My hardware is corsair 650 atx, 12 gb ram amd fx 6300 msi 970 mobo , win 10 pro crimson 16.12.1 my has 250 h/s 8gb 254h/s 4gb, I hope your help many thanks and good night.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
480x shows 266 sols now

i like this
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Wow, Optiminer really pulled ahead on this release.

His speedups don't really matter with the shitty stratum code he has compared to claymore...wont run more than a few hours before it loses connection and just stops mining and needs a manual restart.

True, it's not that stable as Claymore's, but everything is easy to solve isn't it?

Manual restart  Grin

crash=$(watch tail -n 100 ../optiminer-zec/log.log | grep "Share")
if ($crash -ge "0");then
   kill -9 $(pgrep optiminer)
   sleep 5
   ./optiminer-zec/start.sh
fi

Smiley

not in my case, optiminer is stable for me, my 390's and 290x's are running for more than a day now

windows x64, 16.10.3 driver, dwarfpool.
Jump to: