Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 405. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017
---------------RX 490 will be Announced and Launched on December 12th----------------

Do you have some more info? Price?

They are holding tight on this.  Only Speculations.
AMD 490 release on December 13 http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

Thats ZEN CPU as it says on web site.

Not the 490X Gpu
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
If something happened with your system or hardware - it's Claymore! I saw messages that my miners destruct GPUs, PSUs, crash Windows etc. I won't be surprised when someone discovers that the milk always goes bad because of using my miners.

My best friend's cousin's 3rd uncle twice removed said it causes nuclear winter.

Bwahahaha
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
If something happened with your system or hardware - it's Claymore! I saw messages that my miners destruct GPUs, PSUs, crash Windows etc. I won't be surprised when someone discovers that the milk always goes bad because of using my miners.

My best friend's cousin's 3rd uncle twice removed said it causes nuclear winter.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
---------------RX 490 will be Announced and Launched on December 12th----------------

Do you have some more info? Price?

They are holding tight on this.  Only Speculations.
AMD 490 release on December 13 http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon
6 year old GPU. 40nm technology. Radeon 6990. Hashes at 800h/s (XMR) makes 0.0017 BTC daily.

6 month old RX 480 hashes at 200h/s (ZEC) makes 0.0014 BTC daily.

Yeah things are starting to look bad... mostly for new GPU owners

http://img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_cards/amd/6990/Sapphire/CardB.jpg
Rx 480 hash at 800h/s with XMR too

Yeah, and at half the wattage? Cheesy
If you think that I write viruses instead of miners and you are the one who finally discovered it, it's a good idea to read OP or Readme:

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

Wow, some people are that stupid? I never thought the human race has such a low IQ minimum...
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Too lazy to measure the wattage. Maybe someone else can try it. However since its 40nm, it will most likely consume more than a RX480.

All I know is that its definately less than 250Watts because that's what it used with ETH mining. You can probably also mega undervolt it to like 0.9Volts and reduce clockrate a little and maybe ~150Watt range is achievable. No clue.

Watts are not everything. The card price is also a major factor. Just got a 7950 for $60 that does 150 watts. A. 470 would cost me around $160 doing 90 watts for about the same sols. Im spending an extra $4 a month in electricity. It will take 25 month for the 470 to catch up. In regards to a 480 the math is even worse.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
6 year old GPU. 40nm technology. Radeon 6990. Hashes at 800h/s (XMR) makes 0.0017 BTC daily.

Rx 480 hash at 800h/s with XMR too
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Too lazy to measure the wattage. Maybe someone else can try it. However since its 40nm, it will most likely consume more than a RX480.

All I know is that its definately less than 250Watts because that's what it used with ETH mining. You can probably also mega undervolt it to like 0.9Volts and reduce clockrate a little and maybe ~150Watt range is achievable. No clue.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
yup, there is always something to mine with low electricity cost Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Can I use my 6950 2gb card to mine XMR?

yup 400h/s each

yeah but thats like 500w tdp no?  whats it using on xmr ?  still profit though.

500w maybe on Furmark. Mining XMR it runs VERY COLD actually.

wattage at wall
legendary

yup 400h/s each

500w maybe on Furmark. Mining XMR it runs VERY COLD actually.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Activity: 31

http://img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_cards/amd/6990/Sapphire/CardB.jpg

legendary

Activity: 19
Question is What is it worth to the one that has it and can they hold it until they get the price they want?

Miners can affect the price by not selling until the price goes up imo Huh
legendary
Some of these comments are just ridiculous, way too many noobs getting involved in mining.

Yes, Claymore V9 will make ZEC price go up! ZEC Difficulty will go down! Zec block reward will also go up! Because that's the way it works.

Everyone is a Newbie sometime

V9 will increase Network HashRate > Difficulty will go up
Mining software has no affect on Block rewards this is controlled by Developers Algo
Price is not directly affected by the mining software. It is purely Supply and Demand,  If you are willing to sell your coins CHEAP someone will buy them cheaply...

Question is, what is considered cheap? Is $50/ZEC cheap? or $25 ? or $100 ?
Some of these comments are just ridiculous, way too many noobs getting involved in mining.

Yes, Claymore V9 will make ZEC price go up! ZEC Difficulty will go down! Zec block reward will also go up! Because that's the way it works.

Everyone is a Newbie sometime

V9 will increase Network HashRate > Difficulty will go up
Mining software has no affect on Block rewards this is controlled by Coin Developers Algo
Price is not directly affected by the mining software. It is purely Supply and Demand,  If you are willing to sell your coins CHEAP someone will buy them cheaply...
legendary

Why you sell your hard earned zec so cheap?
Jump to: