Pages:
Author

Topic: Cleanup: I'll attack some coins - I owned APEXcoin for 90 blocks - page 15. (Read 17227 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
POS 2.0 coins remove coinage from the equation, so now what?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Yes, accumulating coin age in Nxt is a sure fire winner  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy let me know how it goes..
Activity: 326

There was another thread like this months ago called Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/operation-shitcoin-cleanout-and-clean-up-has-begun-join-the-revolution-re-open-522235

but did they do anything or is it just talking?
I'm "investing" my own coins for the first attack

I don't know if they did anything or not. I didn't read much of the thread.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
yes, sometimes I'm a cynical SOB
now if you make a donation to me, I can change my ansers 2,3 and 4  Grin

sorry, no donation for you Smiley
But I'll do one first as you suggest

There was another thread like this months ago called Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/operation-shitcoin-cleanout-and-clean-up-has-begun-join-the-revolution-re-open-522235

but did they do anything or is it just talking?
I'm "investing" my own coins for the first attack
Activity: 326

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
lots of people complain about the quantity of coins and how the forum is flooded... some proposed ideas to clean it up....
I'll show you how it's done - I'll start attacking weak coins accelerating their death

just wait and see the results, I'll soon show the first victim. Let's start with PoS coins: some people think you need 51% of the supply but this is bs, you need only a very little % if you just want to do a single double spend.

the point of this thread is to see how people react to this: I won't steal from anyone, but some may lose "money".

Some questions:

1. is this a good idea?
2. would you donate so I can attack more POS coins? (maybe spare some coins you are bagholding)
3. would you pay to know the time of the attack and the victim in advance?
4. would you pay for "double spend as a service" (in this case you decide coin and the timing of the attack)?
5. is this legal?
6. do you think someone would pay to have me killed?

go!
1. yes kill them all
2. piss off  Grin (kill one first to show that you are able to do it, then we may talk, or you may talk to Bobsurplus... he is the kind of guy paying for things like that)
3 same as 2
4 same as 2 and 3
5. everything is legal in crypto  Grin killing useless coins is even more legal than the rest...

6. same as 2,3 and 4

now if you make a donation to me, I can change my ansers 2,3 and 4  Grin
I am sure everyone would like to hear your theories on what makes you say "some people think you need 51% of the supply but this is bs, you need only a very little % if you just want to do a single double spend." The two PHDs who wrote that research say it "nearly impossible" to do what you say is trivial...

no need for everyone to hear my theories... just watch my practice...

I'll tell you my theories anyway: the two PhDs who wrote that research have a clear nxt bias. Look at their hidden multibranch section: they say that they got 3/20 of 500 blocks with 10% stake. 3/20 of 500 is 75 blocks. They got 75 blocks! if people wait for 6 confirmations, I only need 6 blocks, not 75. So I can do with much less than 10% stake. Of course 10% stake means 10% of actively forging coins, which means 10% of 10% of supply. So, much less than 1% of supply to double spend. Of course that's still a few hundred BTCs for NXT so I'll start with a smaller coin.

I already bought a few coins... just wait until age is accumulated...
Ok, I believe you..

As you are such a pro on POS and Nothing at Stake, you might be interested in this...

Some rigorous research into POS, which includes some findings relating to the so called "Nothing at Stake problem" has been published >>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nothing-at-stake-long-range-attack-on-proof-of-stake-consensus-research-897488

You can play with the models used to get the findings yourself. There is still some questions to answer (which will be done in subsequent papers) but the authors found "it's nearly impossible to attack a proof-of-stake currency with '1% stake even' as stated by Buterin".

Please comment in the thread >>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nothing-at-stake-long-range-attack-on-proof-of-stake-consensus-research-897488 to hopefully get a good quality discussion going for the benefit of the crypto scene, let's leave tribalism at the door.

I am sure everyone would like to hear your theories on what makes you say "some people think you need 51% of the supply but this is bs, you need only a very little % if you just want to do a single double spend." The two PHDs who wrote that research say it "nearly impossible" to do what you say is trivial...
Spoetnik..?

no, I might even attack some of his coins...  who knows
lots of people complain about the quantity of coins and how the forum is flooded... some proposed ideas to clean it up....
I'll show you how it's done - I'll start attacking weak coins accelerating their death

just wait and see the results, I'll soon show the first victim. Let's start with PoS coins: some people think you need 51% of the supply but this is bs, you need only a very little % if you just want to do a single double spend.

the point of this thread is to see how people react to this: I won't steal from anyone, but some may lose "money".

Some questions:

1. is this a good idea?
2. would you donate so I can attack more POS coins? (maybe spare some coins you are bagholding)
3. would you pay to know the time of the attack and the victim in advance?
4. would you pay for "double spend as a service" (in this case you decide coin and the timing of the attack)?
5. is this legal?
6. do you think someone would pay to have me killed?

go!

update: apexcoin attack successful with 0,07% of available supply
Pages:
Jump to: